Creator / Seanan McGuire
Seanan McGuire is an American fantasy writer and filksinger
. She also writes under the name of Mira Grant, depending on what genre she's working in.
She is the current record holder of the most Hugo Award nominations in a single year, with five in 2013, winning one. Her Toby Daye series has made her a New York Times Bestselling Author as well.
Works with their own pages:
Tropes in her other works:
- Creator In-Joke: There are several that appear in multiple books.
- The poem "Mairzy Doats" appears in both the October Daye and Newsflesh books.
- Being betrayed to the bad guys by a pair of shoes likewise appears in both sets of books.
- The creepy children's book in Parasitology shares several lines with her filk about Silent Hill.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pretty much the protagonist of any of her stories except for Parasite.
- InCryptid has Verity (Antimony as well. Alexander can bring the snark from time to time but on the whole he's much more prone to dry academic humor).
- Indexing's is Henry.
- Newsflesh's is George, though the entire cast could qualify.
- Ghost Stories has Rose.
- October Daye has Toby, the Luidaeg, and several others
- Velveteen Vs has Velma.
- Gender-Blender Name: A number of her heroines go by masculine-sounding diminutives.
- October "Toby" Daye
- Georgia "George" Mason
- Henrietta "Henry" Marchen
- One of Us: She's quite familiar with this site, made clear from her intro to the story "The Day the Dead Came to Show and Tell" in the collection Rise. She describes a character as "a manic pixie nightmare girl...part deconstruction of the trope and part broken bird".
- Shout-Out: The author is an unabashed fan of Stephen King, and mentions other pop culture she's fond of as it comes up.
- Tuckerization: The author likes to toss in her good friends, but also has sold Tuckerization appearances in her books for charity.