Claudia Gray (real name Amy Vincent) is an American author specialising mainly in young adult fiction and paranormal romance. Her best known works include the Evernight series and a series of Star Wars novels that serve as prequels to Star Wars: The Force Awakens (as well as one focusing on Princess Leia's story leading up to A New Hope).
Works of Claudia Gray with their own pages include:
- The Evernight series (2008 - 2012)
- Star Wars: Lost Stars (2015) (with Phil Noto)
- Star Wars: Bloodline (2016)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (2017)
Tropes associated with the creator and her works:
- Genre Shift: Started out writing paranormal romance novels...before ending up writing Star Wars novels, although she had started writing sci fi before that and still generally incorporates similar themes and tones in her books.
- Gothic Horror: Her early novels (in particular the Evernight series) are strongly influenced by this genre.
- Hypothetical Casting: Often does this with her Star Wars novels.
- Pen Name: Her real name is Amy Vincent. She admitted she had no particular reason for choosing to use a pseudonym; she just thought it would be fun to do so.
- Starcrossed Lovers: Appears in almost every novel she's ever written.
- Write What You Know: Possibly. On her biography, she states she once worked as "an extremely poor waitress"; in Hourglass, Bianca Olivier also has a brief and disastrous stint as a waitress.