Creator / Ryk E. Spoor
Ryk E. Spoor is an American science fiction and fantasy writer.
His major universes are:
- A multiverse that includes the Jason Wood series (set in present-day Earth) and The Balanced Sword trilogy (set in the magical universe-equivalent of Earth). There are also several more unpublished novels in this multiverse; some can be found in serialized form in his Paradigms Lost forum on Baen's Bar.
- The Boundary series, co-written with Eric Flint: Boundary, Threshold, and Portal. Discovery of alien archaeological artifacts drives a mission to Mars.
- The Castaway series, also co-written with Eric Flint and set in the same universe. The first two books are Castaway Planet and Castaway Odyssey.
- Grand Central Arena. The good news: FTL travel is possible. The bad news: You don't get to travel through interstellar space, you get to enter the Arena and play by the Precursors' rules. A sequel, Spheres of Influence, was released in 2013, and third book, Challenges of the Deeps was released in March, 2017.
- Princess Holy Aura, with a publishing date of December 2017. It is Spoor's take on the Magical Girl Warrior.
Spoor is also well-known on Usenet groups such as rec.arts.sf.written and rec.arts.anime.misc as "Sea Wasp".His web site
, his LiveJournal
. Some of his stories are freely available at the Baen Free Library
or serialized on his blog.
In March and April 2014 he ran a successful Kickstarter campaign
to publish his Oz
Works by Ryk E. Spoor with their own trope pages include:
Tropes in other works: