The characters of Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
open/close all folders
of the series and The Leader
of the Hyperforce.
He pilots the Torso Tank Driver 1, which forms the torso and limbs of the Super Robot. Chiro's powers come from the Power Primate, an entity inside of him.
The black monkey in the seasons one and two, later the silver monkey in seasons three and four, and second-in-command. Antauri is very calm and collected and cares much for his friends. He often acts as a leader, and is serious about training. He teaches Chiro how to control the Power Primate, and also gives spiritual advice to the rest of the Team.
He pilots Brain Scrambler Pilot 2, which forms the head of the Super Robot. His main weapon is his Ghost Claws and Monkey Mind Scream.
- Back from the Dead: His resurrection as the silver monkey in the Season 3 opener
- Blessed with Suck: Though very powerful, his fully robotic silver monkey form makes him susceptible to mechanical issues that can render him immobile or cause him to lose control of his body.
- Came Back Strong: After his resurrection as the silver monkey he is much stronger than before.
- The Comically Serious: He almost always has the same deadpan serious expression on his face, even in comical scenes, such as when Thingy slobbered all over his face and his expression doesn't change.
- Common Eye Colors: Blue eyes as the silver monkey.
- Death Glare
- Defrosting Ice King
- Disney Death: In the Season Two finale. At the beginning of Season Three it's revealed that his soul was just hidden within Chiro's body until Chiro could find a way to bring him back; Antauri eventually returns by transferring his soul to the body of the Silver Monkey. Yes, you should already know this.
- Funny Animal
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the Season Two finale, he throws himself in the Pit of Doom in order to stop the Dark One Worm's birth. It borders in Senseless Sacrifice since he didn't stop the Dark One Worm and allowing it to run away to space caused the destruction of thousands of planets. He only stopped it from completely destroying Shuggazoom which means it isn't completely senseless. In his defense he didn't know that the thing could shake off decapitation...
- Intangible Man: Gains this ability as the silver monkey.
- The Lancer: Official Number Two in the Hyperforce and generally much more serious than Chiro.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: His rebirth as the silver monkey.
- Levitating Lotus Position
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Monkey Mind Scream.
- Meditation Power Up
- Mentor Mascot: He is Chiro's mentor and a monkey. It's worth noting that Antauri doesn't morally support him in the first season. While he most often reassures the others to trust in their leader, he shows moments of doubts, like in the episode "Secret of the Sixth Monkey". He grows closer to Chiro in the second season, while Chiro actively seeks out his advice and confides in him about his worries by this point.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: He dies in the second season and is back by the start of the third.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Mundane Utility: He uses his Psychic Powers to short circuit Chiro's gaming systems and cheat on games.
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: The noble to Sprx's roguish. (One of two)
- Not So Above It All: Even he has his quirky moments. From "Big Lug"...
Antauri: Mind over matter... (camera zooms out to show Antauri wearing a soda drink hat) ...is nothing compared to hands-free refreshments! What a marvelous invention!
Sprx: (as Antauri uses his Ghost Claws on the Sun Riders pinball machine) What are you doing, Antauri?! Get your ghost paws outta that machine!
Antauri: What? At least I didn't tilt.
- The Obi-Wan: To Chiro's Luke.
- Papa Wolf: Shows shades of this when it comes to Chiro, especially in the Season 2 finale and the Season 3 opener.
- Psychic Powers: Levitation, ghost paws, etc.
- The Sheriff: In "Evil Ages" when he and Sprx are turned into cowboys.
- Smart People Play Chess: With Gibson.
- Spider Limbs: Gets these as the silver monkey.
- The Stoic: Antauri's facial expression rarely changes.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: He's stoic, cool-headed and somewhat distant, but still a good and caring friend and father figure.
- Team Dad
- Warrior Monk: Again "He teaches Chiro how to control the Power Primate, and also gives spiritual advice to the rest of the Team."
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: While it's unknown what he was afraid of prior to his rebirth, in "Night of Fear" his worst fear is revealed to be losing control of his robotic body.
- When He Smiles
- Wolverine Claws
Voiced by: Corey Feldman
The red monkey, and the team's best pilot. He is a comedian and has a big ego, but is very brave, smart and willing to protect his comrades.
He pilots Fist Rocket 3, which becomes the right hand of the Super Robot. His main weapon is his Magnetic Hands.
Mr. Hal Gibson
The blue monkey, and the team's science officer. His full name is Mr. Hal Gibson, but he prefers to be called Gibson. He is very proper, and speaks with a touch of a British accent
. He prides himself on his high IQ, and becomes easily frustrated when faced with beings of lesser intelligence. He is a tad arrogant, and hates to admit whenever he is wrong.
He pilots Fist Rocket 4, which becomes the left hand of the Super Robot. His main weapon is his Drillers.
The green monkey, and the team's mechanic. Although his talent with machines is unmatched, he is clueless in almost everything else.
He pilots Foot Crusher Cruiser 5, which becomes the left foot of the Super Robot. His main weapon is his Energy Saws.
- Badass Adorable
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Beware the Silly Ones: He comes across as a clown sometimes, but some clowns are very handy with chainsaws.
- Big Eater
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite his oddities and quirks, his genius in mechanics is astounding. He also owns a good level of perception and often moves proactively.
- Chainsaw Good: Even in the Hidden Fortress where he installed his own saws in the security system.
Otto: Oh yeah, I added some saws.
Sprx: You add saws to everything.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: An odd ball to be sure but a well grounded one whenever the situation requires it.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Extreme Omnivore: He once happily slurped down a bowl of live grubs without indigestion. Then there's the "Wonder Fun Meat World"…
- Fake Defector: In "Meet the Wigglenog".
- Funny Animal
- Genius Ditz: Otto is a mechanical genius with an impressive number of inventions under his belt. He just gets distracted REALLY easily.
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Mars Needs Women: Like Sprx, he likes human women.
- Mr. Fixit
- My Brain Is Big: Briefly after Gibson accidently makes him super smart in "Meet the Wigglenog".
- Nice Guy: He's the nicest and friendliest member of the Hyperforce.
- Odd Friendship: With Gibson.
- Only Sane Man: He and Nova in "The Savage Lands" kept their focus on the mission when Sprx and Gibson lost themselves in their argument.
- Punny Name: His name is pronounced "Auh-toh", sounding like a scientific experiment.
Otto: (as they're watching Jinmay's transmission) Woah... she needs us, on Shuggazoom!
- Ship Tease: It's implied he might have a slight crush on Nova, but it's never confirmed.
- The Smart Guy: One of two, in terms of mechanics.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: In "Night Of Fear", his worst fear is revealed to be clams with feet.
The yellow monkey, and the only female in the team. Tomboyish and feisty, she's the team's main fighter with a short temper.
She pilots Foot Crusher Cruiser 6, which forms the right foot of the Super Robot. Her main weapon is her Robotic Fists.
The Super Robot
The Hyperforce's Humongous Mecha
A robot in the form of a young girl. She was found floating in space by the Skeleton King. He brought her aboard the Citadel of Bone, and erased her memories. He then sent her to Shuggazoom along with Sakko, one of his agents, in an attempt to eliminate the Hyperforce. Shortly after, she leaves Shuggazoom in an attempt to learn more about her origins.
In the season three Jinmay begins to train her powers. She is then given a Hyperforce uniform, making her an honorary member.
- Absentee Actor: For some reason, she doesn't appear in most of the episodes of Season 4 despite being a member of the Hyperforce by that point.
- Action Girl: The seventh member of the Hyper Force.
- Affirmative Action Girl: Before she joined, Nova was the only girl.
- Badass Adorable
- Battle Couple: With Chiro after she Took a Level in Badass.
- Beta Couple: With Chiro to Sprx and Nova.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's a nice and friendly girl but she earned her place on the Hyperforce.
- Blush Sticker
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In "The Hills Have Five".
- The Chick
- The Cutie
- Damsel in Distress: In her introduction she didn't have a grasp on her powers and so she required rescue by the hyperforce.
- Defecting for Love: Initially she worked for the Skeleton King (due to brainwashing) but The Power of Love for Chiro broke through that.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: When she's first introduced to the Monkeys.
- Evil Costume Switch: In "The Hills Have Five".
- Eye Beams
- Finger Firearms
- Girlish Pigtails
- Girly Bruiser: She's kind, polite, adorable, and girly as they get; her civilian outfit is pink hair in pigtails, a shirt with a pink heart on it and a skirt. You'd better hope she's on your side, or she'll blow you to bits with her eye lasers, or some of the many missiles loaded in her robot body. And she's not too bad at chucking vehicles, either.
- Green Eyes
- Heel-Face Turn: From Skeleton King minion to member of the Hyperforce.
- Honey Trap: This is what Skeleton King initially uses Jinmay for.
- Humongous Mecha: She can transform into one.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: She is the only one able to reach Chiro after he's turned into a Wraith in "Ghosts of Shuggazoom".
- The Ingenue:
- In Love with the Mark: For Chiro initially. Although she didn't know he was her mark.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Skeleton King erased her memories of her life before meeting Chiro.
- Let's Get Dangerous: In "Ghosts of Shuggazoom".
- Mechanical Lifeform
- Mini Dress Of Power
- The Mole: At first, although she wasn't aware of it herself.
- Mysterious Past
- Nice Girl
- Non Human Lover Reveal: Chiro fell in love with her before he knew she was a robot. When he found out, he didn't mind.
- Official Couple: With Chiro.
- Off with Her Head!: She gets her head ripped off by Mandarin and Sakko in the Season 1 finale.
- People Puppets: Sakko also turns her into this in the first episode after Chiro successfully stops his control over her.
- Quest for Identity: In the first episode she leaves Shuggazoom in order to learn more about herself, but her quest is interrupted by Mandarin and Sakko and later she abandons it and decides to stay in Shuggazoom.
- Rescue Romance: She first meets Chiro when he defends her from BT and Glenny's bullying.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: She could so easily pass for a human. She has emotions, she craves food, she thinks for herself... and yet we still know she's a robot.
- Robot Girl: Why she is one is unknown.
- Robotic Reveal: In the first episode. Jinmay herself was surprised.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Sweet-tempered subtype.
- Satellite Love Interest: At first, but she develops quite well. She and Chiro are still an item, but that doesn't mean she isn't her own character.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Comes with her new Hyperforce outfit.
- Sixth Ranger: She joins the Hyperforce in season 3.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Nova's Tomboy.
- Took a Level in Badass: At the beginning of Season Three.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
The Sun Riders
A trio of actors-turned-villians-turned-heroes
whom Chiro once idolized, then fought against, and is now allied with
. In their debut, they were working under Skeleton King in exchange for their powers
, but after their defeat by the Hyperforce, they turned over a new leaf and started using their powers to guard an endangered colony on Delta 5, a volcanic planet near Shuggazoom.
- Action Girl: Aurora is a superhero.
- Adorkable: Johnny.
- Arsenal Attire: The guys. Aurora has her gun strapped to her leg.
- Awesome McCoolnickname
- Back for the Finale: They return in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass Arm-Fold: Super Quasar. Oh yeah.
- Badass Creed: "Light above darkness, forever! Sun Riders, fight on!!"
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Super Quasar may not talk as much as outgoing Aurora or outspoken Johnny, but he has one of the most powerful weapons in the series.
- The Big Guy: Quasar, either Class 2 or 4.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Quasar.
- Bowties Are Cool: Just ask Johnny.
- Calling Your Attack: Here and there, the most frequent being Quasar's "Solar Helmet Hot Shot!"
- The Chick: Aurora Six.
- Combination Attack: The Super Solar Strike.
- Cool Bike: Used to have one, though it ended up in the hands of the Hyper Force.
- Cool Helmet: They all have them, but Quasar's stands out awesomely.
- Deal with the Devil: They wouldn't have powers if not for Skeleton King.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Chiro and his monkies beat the evil out of them.
- Faustian Rebellion: Skeleton King gave them their powers, and now they're using them against his forces!
- Fiery Redhead: Johnny's a redhead and he's also a little bundle of nerves.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Johnny, which is odd because his teammates have five fingers on each hand.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Super Quasar. "Chiro-san!"
- The Gunslinger: Aurora Six.
- Heel-Face Turn: Originally they were under contract to Skeleton King but later became Chiro's allies.
- Hello, Nurse!: Aurora's so alluring, she can get Wingding Eyes with hearts from monkeys.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Aurora Six.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Johnny. It was easier to show this after he switched sides. In his first appearance, he called his teammates "losers," saying he didn't need them, after they were knocked off of the Super Robot's shoulders (Bear in mind that he was still a villian at the time). The next time he appeared, whenever someone in the group was in danger, he expressed genuine concern and usually did something to help.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Come on, their parents couldn't have named them Super Quasar and Aurora Six.
- The Leader: Quasar is supposed to be this, but Johnny seems to fit the role better.
- Mini Dress Of Power: Aurora Six.
- Mouthy Kid: Johnny, apparently. Quasar was said to be the leader, but...
- Ms. Fanservice: Aurora Six.
- The Power of the Sun: This is where their name comes from.
- Power Trio
- Proud Beauty: Aurora Six.
Nova: So, pretty tough being the only girl on the team, huh?
Aurora Six: Not when you look like me.
- Psychotic Smirk: Johnny has a surprisingly scary one.
- The Quiet One: Quasar compared to his teammates. He'd seem more like a leader if he spoke more.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: At least they have the dignity to save their posing for after they win. If they don't win, they don't pose.
- Rapid Aging: Whenever Skeleton King is near and it doesn't seem pleasant.
- Rapunzel Hair: Aurora Six.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: One of the best cases you'll ever find. Chiro idolizes them until they make a Deal with the Devil and attacked him and the team. He gets so mad after that battle, he immediately starts smashing his Sun Riders merchandise. Fifteen episodes later, they regain his respect after proving they are good guys now.
- Show Within a Show: What they were doing for a living before their Deal with the Devil.
- The Smart Guy: Johnny Sunspot.
- The Smurfette Principle: Aurora Six, but unlike Nova she isn't bothered by it.
- The Tease: Aurora takes this about as far as it can go in a TV-Y7 show.
- Thigh-High Boots: Aurora Six.
- Think Nothing of It:
Chiro: (after being rescued by Johnny) Uh, thanks.
Johnny: Don't mention it. You might start thinking I'm one of the good guys. *smirks*
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Johnny Sunspot has a pair that can control black holes.
- Underwear of Power:
- Unrealistic Black Hole: Johnny can make black holes with just his gloves. He has complete control over them, can decide whether or not his target will be released, and they don't even have event horizons.
- Vocal Dissonance: Tom Kenny's voice sounds really weird in a child character like Johnny.
- Weaponized Headgear: Super Quasar.
- White Gloves: Johnny. And with them, he could put you in a black hole with a flick of his wrist.
- Youthful Freckles: Johnny because he's a child
- Zettai Ryouiki: Dial Grade A for Aurora.
A living planetesimal ordered by the Skeleton King to collide with Shuggazoom. Later, it is convinced by Chiro to make its own decisions and do what it wants instead of listening to the Skeleton King's commands.
Scrapperton's minions who at first pretend to be future citizens of Shuggazoom in order to trick the Hyperforce. They betray Scrapperton and become the Hyperforce's allies.
Voiced by: Lance Henrikson
An Ace Pilot
whom Sprx admired. The Hyperforce found him floating unconscious around the wreckage of his ship, The Last Chance, and took him into the Super Robot. Near them was the Citadel of Bone, where the team realized that Quint's crew was alive, so they went in to save them. However, a tiny piece of the Citadel, which Quint had kept tied around his neck, corrupted his mind. It made him want revenge on the Citadel for wrecking his ship,
rather than rescue his crew. He'd stolen the Super Robot's neutron generator and attacked Chiro and Sprx when they tried to stop him. Chiro managed to talk him back to his senses.
- Ace Pilot: If Sprx admires you, then you qualify.
- Back for the Finale: He returns in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass Normal: He doesn't have any special powers to speak of— just a laser harpoon, a helpful crew, and a ship at least a hundred times the size of the Super Robot.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Corrupted by a piece of the Citadel of Bone.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: That's really the kind of guy he is when he's not being corrupted by space bones.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Sprx loses his respect for him after Quint becomes corrupted by the Citadel of Bone but they get on good terms after Quint is talked back to his senses.
- Revenge Before Reason: Yes, Quint. Forget rescuing your crew. This Citadel of Bone made a mess of your ship, so blowing it up, along with yourself and the Hyperforce is what you need to do. Not rescue your crew!
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Against the Skeleton Kign for what happened to him and his crew.
- Scary Teeth: Shouldn't a human have molars?!
- You Are What You Hate: Chiro tells him this almost word-for-word, but it takes him a few seconds to realize he was right.
Neekeeta and Tikqudo
A pair of Cathurian
siblings who ask the Hyperforce to help their tribe fight a group of oppressive monsters known as Mantidons after they crash in their planet.
The Frog Team
Voiced by: Aaron Ruell (Suupa)
A team of frogs the Hyperforce encounters in space.
- Back for the Finale: They return in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Suupa realizes he has no problem breathing in space after Gibson destroys his helmet.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Suupa and Gibson crashlanding forced them to work together and trust each other to survive. They learnt they could and that they are not so different.
- Frogs and Toads: Frog people.
- No Name Given: Only Suupa's name is ever revealed.
- Not So Different
- Self-Parody: Of the Monkey Team. They have their own Super Robot; they consist of six members of whom one, the leader, isn't a frog; they are color-coded, with the 'color matches' apparently holding the same positions on their respective teams, like Suupa and Gibson (science), the green frog and Otto (mechanics), etc.
Nova's Old Master
While the Hyperforce is chasing the Dark One Worm, Nova recommends him to train Chiro. Unfortunately, Galaxia is yet another planet that fell victim to the Worm's corruption, so the atmosphere is toxic and all of the inhabitants turned into monsters of one form or another— including Ah-Fei but he does a good job of hiding it at first.
He agrees to train Chiro "if he will learn."
It's the only hope the Hyperforce has, since they're stuck in a battle circuit and are not allowed to leave until Chiro defeats all of the monsters, which he eventually does. While Chiro is fighting his way up, Sprx, Gibson, and Otto look around for an exit and are led by a friendly monster to a disturbing room. Not only does this room contain many mounted monster heads, it also contains a scroll that reveals Ah-Fei's big secret: He's
the one forcing these monsters to fight to the death for his amusement, all the while looking for a worthy opponent only to be disappointed every single time
. Why? Because the Dark One Worm made him all Brainwashed and Crazy
Naturally, Ah-Fei is Chiro's final opponent in the circuit. He makes quick work of the monkeys, but is unable to defeat Chiro, leaving him with no choice but to allow the Hyperforce, and all of the trapped monsters, to go free.
After his defeat, Ah-Fei returns to his senses.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: His mentality at first. He may have always been in charge of the dojo, but after he got Brainwashed and Crazy, he turned bloodthirsty and would not allow anyone to leave unless they defeated him— which no one did until Chiro arrived. Oh, and after that, Ah-Fei actually bows his head to Chiro.
- Back for the Finale: He returns in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass Beard: As part of his transformation, it even changes color.
- Badass Grandpa: He's old enough to be Chiro's grandfather and only Chiro has ever beaten him in combat.
- Badass Long Robe: He enters the battle wearing only the lower half of it.
- Badass Teacher: One would expect no less from a respected dojo master.
- Bald of Awesome / Bald of Evil: When Brainwashed and Crazy the latter; otherwise the former.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: This is his fighting style.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: They're so long that they swoop above his head, which adds to his goatlike appearance.
- Blood Knight: "Endlessly I search for a worthy opponent, but find only weaklings crushed by my wrath." ...Yeah, that line plus his room of severed heads kinda makes this clear.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The Dark One Worm made him Ax-Crazy and evil.
- The Coats Are Off: Before he enters the ring, he makes sure to throw off the top part of his robe.
- Cool Old Guy: When he's in his right mind, he's a dignified martial artist.
- Dead Guy on Display: HE HAS A ROOM FULL OF SEVERED HEADS MOUNTED ON THE WALLS.
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Does Not Like Shoes: He walks around barefoot with tape tied around his ankles. Apparently he's in the camp of "shoes would only soften my feet."
- Eyes Always Shut: Until he jumps into the ring and transforms. Then we see that he has Monochromatic Eyes.
- Flung Clothing: See The Coats Are Off above.
- Graceful Loser: When Chiro beats him fair and squre, he bows to the victor and allows him to leave.
- Growing Muscles Sequence: His transformation when he begins his battle; old man to hulk.
- Heel-Face Turn: When the Dark One Worm's corruption is neautralized.
- Hidden Evil: He hides his evilness from Chiro when they met.
- Lightning Bruiser: He can send you flying with one swing of an arm or leg (heck, he KO'd Gibson just by spinning around and flinging his lasers back at him), has an iron defense, and has no shortage of agility, either.
- Made of Iron: It took a direct blast from the Power Primate that slammed him into a brick wall to leave even a single scratch on him. He was still conscious!
- Monochromatic Eyes: Reveleaed when he opens his evil; the corruption.
- Monster Knight: Him and everyone else on the planet.
- Oh, Crap: The look on his goatlike face when Chiro hits him with the Power Primate— twice.
- Old Master: He taught Nova and later teaches Chiro.
- Pointy Ears
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His musceled form turns his beard from white to black.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Nova was not amused when he turned out to be Brainwashed and Crazy but she presumably came to terms with it after he returned to his senses after losing to Chiro.
- Sarashi: When fighting he wears one.
- Training from Hell: We see him put Chiro through it. He probably puts all of his students through it. He couldn't have gotten to the level he is without undergoing it himself.
- Unusual Eyebrows: They're goal-like.
- Wolverine Claws: Shiny gold ones, and the only thing keeping him from being a Badass Normal.
Prometheus V (aka Slingshot)
A powerful robot that the Hyperforce met in the "Corrupted Zone," a whole quadrant of planets corrupted by the Dark One Worm. The Super Robot brings the Team to said planet, where they, along with this much smaller robot, destroy a robot the size of the Super Robot. When the small robot doesn't speak to them, they follow him to a laboratory, where he seems to have disappeared. However, the Hyperforce does meet a disembodied brain in a tank; the remains of a scientist named Professor Maezono
who tells them that this robot, called the Prometheus V, is malfunctioning and must be destroyed — and that the Super Robot is his prototype.
However, instead of trying to destroy the Super Robot, the Prometheus V enters his head and trades information with him, revealing the truth: Professor Maezono built these robots only to find the perfect mechanical body to plant his own consciousness into.
After that cat is let out of the bag, Maezono gets pissed off and unleashes a giant robot army on the Hyperforce and the Prometheus V
, which he and the Super Robot fight off while the Monkey Team go to shut down the central computer in Maezono's laboratory. Unfortunately, Maezono manages to escape and Prometheus V goes after him.
A warrior who the Monkey Team received a distress call from
on their way back to Shuggazoom after destroying the Dark One Worm. She tells them about the Varkon Commodore, who had destroyed her home world, along with many others all for the sake of some some sick, twisted game. She called on them because she needed their help to stop him from doing any further damage.The Team
agrees to help her with this, and the timing couldn't have been better, because his next target is Shuggazoom.
While searching for Mandarin and Valina, the Hyperforce discovered an old man in a deep underground cavern wearing a helmet shaped like their emblem. After reviving him with The Sleep Cannon in reverse polarity, it's revealed that the old man is Captain Shuggazoom, previous defender of Shuggazoom City. He was friends with the Alchemist before he became what he is now.
- Badass Grandpa: Even in his old, crippled state, he'll do whatever he can for the greater good.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Batman. See Secret Identity.
- Cool Old Guy
- Fish out of Temporal Water: In the time of his sleep, the Alchemist turned into Skeleton King; the Hyperforce was established; Mandarin betrayed the team; the team went to 'sleep'; Chiro awakened them and so on.
- I Was Quite a Looker: On top of that his hair looked like that of Chiro in hypermode.
- My Greatest Failure: He deeply regrets abandoning his dear friend the Alchemist when he needed him the most.
- Rip Van Winkle: He has been sleeping for decades due to Sleep Cannon he used to subdue the Dark One that had escaped from the Alchemist's portal as it malfunctioned. The tragic part is that he never could hold his promise to the Alchemist to come back in time.
- Secret Identity: The wealthy Billionaire Playboy industrialist Clayton Carrington.
The main antagonist of the series who resides in the Citadel of Bone, a gigantic living spaceship made entirely out of bone filled with nightmarish creatures. Skeleton King plots to rule the universe starting with the planet Shuggazoom.
- Back from the Dead: In the Season Four finale.
- Big Bad: Main Antagonist start to finish; it's his Evil Plan that drives everthing.
- Blade on a Stick: Gains a nasty twin headed number in the Season 1 finale onwards.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Dragon-in-Chief: To the Dark One Worm.
- Evil Overlord
- Evil Laugh
- Fangs Are Evil
- Hidden Agenda Villain: In Seasons 1 and 2 the Hyperforce don't know his overall goal.
- In the Hood: His cape gets an addition after season 1.
- Knight of Cerebus: Whenever he directly appears, things get serious.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: That whole, "plucked his eye out to turn it into a giant monster" bit.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He is the one who created the Robot Monkeys. Before he became Skeleton King, the Alchemist created the Robot Monkeys to protect the cosmos from his own evil.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Just about anything can come out of this guy's back of tricks.
- Off with His Head!: Chiro ripped his body from his head as the Dark Worm left Shuggazoom and pulled Skeleton King with it.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He refers to all life as a " tragic, pointless mistake." He's either this, or severely depressed.
- After his revival, he announces he'll make Shuggazoom his tomb.
- One-Winged Angel: Briefly after being tossed into the Formless ooze caldron on his ship. He's knocked out of it after a while.
- Orcus on His Throne: In Season 1. Justified as at the time, he was spiritually linked to the Citadel of Bone and unable to leave it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Interesting to note is that the Alchemist's right eye was already red before he was turned.
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip: In "In the Grip of Evil", he uses this against Nova by briefly transforming into the Alchemist with whom Nova had a Daddy's Girl relationship with.
- Skull for a Head: More realistic after his rebirth.
- Stalker Without a Crush: To Chiro. He had a room full of Chiro's stuff in the Citadel, but was only interested in his Power Primate and his role as an opponent in the "universal game of good vs evil."
- Staying Alive: No matter what the Hyperforce do to him, he'll be back.
- Tragic Monster: He was an Alchemist, a kind magician who got corrupted by Mandarin's fault.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Valina brought him back to life, he rewarded her by destroying her.
- Was Once a Man: He once was the Alchemist, a kindly master of the elements of science and magic until he was corrupted by The Dark Ones, a race of trans-dimensional demons and became their most loyal servant.
- Xanatos Gambit: His favorite technique. Many of his minor schemes were part of much bigger plans.
Voiced by: James Hong
The sixth (and orange) monkey, who was the original leader of the Super Robot Monkey Team. He was banned from the monkey team and became its enemy. He joined forces with Skeleton King, only to be replaced with a younger formless ooze replica of himself
His weapons as a member of the Monkey Team were an energy sword and shield.
- Ambition Is Evil: He wanted to rule all of Shuggazoom, and that earned him a one-way ticket to a Face-Heel Turn (also to solitary confinement on a space prison).
- Badass: In his first appearence, he disables the Super Robot, knocks out Chiro, and captures the Monkey Team in under a minute. Now if only he'd just dropped that damn Villain Ball...
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The big to Sakko's little.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: It shrinks over time, but when he first shows up, they're huge.
- Blood Knight: It's never really out-right stated he loves to fight, but his natural aggression and scorn for people who can't fight well or choose not to points to this.
- Body Horror: He mutates after being swallowed by the Dark One Worm and living in its stomach for a few months, disfigured by acid and with a claw having grown where his arm had been severed.
- Broken Ace
- Broken Pedestal: For the whole of the Monkey Team because of his betrayal, but probably the most for Otto, who used to be the closest to him.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Both performs this on the Monkey Team (sans Gibson and Chiro) and has it done to him later by Valina.
- Combat Pragmatist: See In the Back.
- Determinator: "I. Am. UNSTOPPABLE."
- The Dragon
- Evil Counterpart: To Antauri, arguably. They've both got the whole "mentor" thing going on, except Mandarin's evil...
- Facial Horror: Gets half of his face burned with acid.
- Fallen Hero: He used to be The Leader of the Hyperforce but now he's one of its worst enemies.
- Fangs Are Evil: His teeth are noticably more pointed than the rest of the monkeys.
- Funny Animal
- Go Mad from the Isolation: He spends an undefined amount of time all alone inside the Dark One Worm. When he finally resurfaces in the plot, it's clear he's gone a little bonkers.
- In the Back: Of Antuari's head.
- Jerkass: Was said to be this even before his Face-Heel Turn and this is proven when it's shown how he crossed the Moral Event Horizon by torturing Nova while he was still considered a good guy. He even seemed to be this while the Robots Monkeys were just regular monkeys in the care of the Alchemist.
- Laser-Guided Karma: See Cold-Blooded Torture above.
- The Leader: Until his betrayal he was this for the Hyperforce.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: Besides his laser blade, he had a shield.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Monkey Mind Scream.
- Meaningful Name: Mandarin is the name of a type of orange. Doubles as a Mandarin is a type of monkey. Also triples because he became a subordinate/student of the Skeleton King and the name means "advisor to the king".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: When the monkeys still lived with the Alchemist, he was the who caused the portal to the Dark Ones' dimension to malfunction. This enabled one of them to corrupt and turn the Alchemist into Skeleton King in the first place.
- Not Quite Dead: After being eaten alive by the Dark One Worm he reappears an entire season later, though admittedly worse for the wear.
- Pride: Defining character trait, second only (if that) to his ruthlessness.
- Put on a Bus to Hell: Twice.
- The first time is when he's replaced by his clone and is dragged away by two HUGE formelss, kicking and screaming in fear. We're never told what exactly happens to him, but there's more than enough implications.
- Second time, the clone is eaten by the Dark One Worm. The expression he gives us before the fact makes it really clear that what's about to happen isn't going to be pleasant for him...
- The Bus Came Back: He eventually emerged from the Dark One Worm.
- Smug Snake: Treats everyone like they're beneath him; Chiro is inferior and the monkey robots are mere tools.
- Swallowed Whole: By the Dark One Worm.
- The Undead: Of the Revenant variety after the Dark One Worm incident.
- We Can Rule Together: He initially attempts this with Chiro, with the expected results.
- Would Hurt a Child: In the episode Night Of Fear, Mandarin turned Chiro from teenager to a helpless child without the Power Primate to defend himself. He takes sick pleasure in hunting him through the Super Robot before attempting the killing blow.
- You Have Failed Me: The original is disposed of after he botches up a cloning operation of Chiro (which could also count as Death by Irony, as afterwords he's replaced by a clone of himself).
Valina, the Skull Sorceress
An evil and powerful sorceress loyal to the Skeleton King.
TV Monster/Skeleton King Droid
A black and bulky looking, yet powerful robot made to personally serve Skeleton King as his herald. After being found in space and was attempted to be synched to the ruins of high-tech ship, it assimilated the A.I. and nearby tech to upgrade into the Skeleton King Droid.
- Mechanical Lifeform
- Staying Alive: This thing is Nigh Invulnerable even by robot standards. It survived explosion after explosion, getting attacked directly constantly, and getting impaled by a laser harpoon!
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Well in comparison to the gigantic Super Robot it certainly counts. It even destroyed a alien equivalent version of the Super Robot by going inside of it and blowing it up from the inside. All without receiving as much as a scratch!
- TV Head Robot: It's in his name.
A tiny monkey who once acted as Jinmay's pet, but is actually a spy for Skeleton King. He is currently imprisoned in the prison on Ranger 7.
Also known as Duke Scrapperton, Grand Earl of the Mecha Realm. Once a mortal man who replaced every part of his body with a mechanical part.
A sad and lonely man who is a fan of the Hyperforce, and this fanaticism eventually turned into an obsession. He brainwashes the Robot Monkeys to make them believe he is Chiro and turns them against the real one. He is imprisoned in the prison on Ranger 7, but returns in Season 4 and captures Chiro and the Robot Monkeys in his mind using a matter-to-brainwave conversion device he invented called the Neuro-Matter Reconfigutron.
Dread Magician Nodnarb
The most powerful mage in the kingdom in the planet Tolomac 3. He is said to protect the kingdom from a dragon, but actually he is
Soturix 7's emperor who forces Chiro to survive on his own in the desert and find the missing Robot Monkeys.
Cloggy Colon Creature
Also known as Captain Beefy Box. This seemingly friendly alien is the manager and mascot of Wonder Fun Meat World, an intergalactic fast food restaurant chain. In truth, Biff Beefy Box's real form is Cloggy Colon Creature, a gigantic Anthropomorphic Colon monster that wants to get people fat with its meat products so it can devour them. He is currently imprisoned in the prison on Ranger 7.
Also known as the Mythic Lord of the Northern Ice, this gigantic frost demon was trapped in a cavern in the Sea of Ice outside Shuggazoom City until he encountered the Skeleton King, who offered to free him if he lent his power to freeze the city. Instead of freeing him however, the Skeleton king imprisoned Morlath into his sceptre and was able to use his power as a result. He was freed when the sceptre was destroyed during the Skeleton King's battle with Chiro and Antauri in the episode "I, Chiro". He later guarded the Ice Crystal of Vengeance.
Voiced by: Michael York
Antauri's teacher who works for the Skeleton King. He was part of a group of mages that protected the cosmos from a group of creatures called the Dark Ones which are creatures that have been dormant in the center of many planets, but he was brainwashed by the Skeleton King and is now trying to use the Power Primate to awaken the Dark One Worm. This leads to his demise by being blasted with the Power Primate from Chiro.
VX 808 Modular Computer Tracking Probe
A robot whose colony was destroyed by Skeleton King, and is now bent on destroying anyone and everything that ever had contact with Skeleton King, including the Hyperforce. After being destroyed, he's fused with TV Monster and creates the Skeleton King Droid.
Voiced by: John Kassir
A genie like alien creature who appears before the Hyperforce promising to grant their hearts with three wishes. He is set free when the three wishes are granted.
Now a disembodied brain, Professor Jakus Maezono was one of the human scientists who worked on the Prometheus Project and assisted in the creation of the Super Robot. He wanted to transfer his consciousness into the Prometheus Five model, thus allowing him to live forever as the ultimate super-weapon. Dr. Takeuchi, his friend and fellow scientist attempted to stop him but was killed in the process.
Voiced by: Arthur Burghardt
An Omnicidal Maniac
who plays Galactic Smash. He uses a cheat device that can predict the future and Alliana steals it in order to stop him.
Owner of the Shuggazoom Museum who traps the Hyperforce in the different periods of history of Shuggazoom.
The Wild Five
A group of evil space bikers who kidnap Nova and Jinmay and reprogram Jinmay.
The captain of a submarine at the depths of Shuggazoom City's lake who asks the Hyperforce to help him seal a Sea Monster
, but he actually wants to release it.
Ma and Pa Shinko
The elderly owners of Shuggazoom City's local arcade. They are revealed to be the leaders of the Skeletal Circle, and Valina's parents who chose her to accept Skeleton King's power.
The Dark Ones
A legion of trans-dimensional demons. They were created ages ago by a being with the intention to erase all life from the universe.
A kind scientist who was able to merge science and magic in his projects.
- The Corruption: He was corrupted by The Dark Ones and turned into the Skeleton King.
- Duality Motif: His right eye is red, the left one is a light-blue. It seems to indicate his ability to use both science and magic as well as his transformation into Skeleton King.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He did this to the Robot Monkeys, so they could forget about him and be willing to fight him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When the portal to the Dark One's dimension malfunctions, the pathway opens and one demon escapes.
What have I unleashed?!
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Surely his parents didn't name him "The Alchemist".
- The Reveal: He is the Skeleton King, the creator of the Robot Monkeys and a close friend of Captain Shuggazoom. It's hinted at that he used to work alongside Professor Maezono and Dr. Takeuchi on the Prometheus Project. He left at an indeterminate time before Maezono tried to transfer his mind into the Prometheus V, taking the Super Robot with him to Shuggazoom.
BT and Glenny
A pair of guys who are usually seen hanging around Shuggazoom City.
- Black Best Friend: Glenny to BT.
- The Bullies: Their role in the plot is petty name calling and other antics.
- Fat and Skinny: Glenny is the thick one, while BT is tall and lanky.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Redheaded Bully: BT
- Those Two Guys: They are regularly recurring characters, who interacted directly with Chiro in the first two seasons, namely by teasing or mocking him. They are likely from the same school Chiro visited, as their outfits share similar design aspects and they know each other. They've shifted into the background come season 4.
A cook who owns a fast-food restaurant called "Hoverburgers".
A tiny little fur ball that hailed from an unknown planet. It was rescued by the team on Ranger 7, but turned out to be a trap set by Skeleton King. It can transform into a giant monster, although it is not evil by nature. Its lick is a repellent for Skeleton King's virus.
The Circus of Ooze Crew
A traveling circus that had a run-in with the Citadel of Bone. It shot formless ooze into the train, which put the members under Skeleton King's control. The members include the ringmaster, Leeah the jungle girl, and the clowns. They turned for Shuggazoom, and attempted to use the ooze to turn all the citizens of Shuggazoom City into clown slaves, and that included Chiro, who was scared of clowns. They tried to make the monkeys part of the circus, but Otto had no use. When the ringmaster became a giant carousel, Otto did the trapeze and used his saws to cut down the carousel.
King Stuna Modi
Voiced by: Rip Taylor
King of the kingdom in the planet Tolomac 3.
Princess of the kingdom in the planet Tolomac 3.
Surthanna and Corlyann
A pair of teenage girls that Chiro "rescues" from a monster. However, instead of taking them to the Super Robot, they convince him to go and have some fun. They are actually shapeshifter aliens and the monster they are running away from is their father.
Other of the scientists who worked on the Prometheus Project and assisted in the creation of the Super Robot. He died when stopping Professor Maezono from transferring his consciousness into the Prometheus V model.
A mysterious entity the Hyperforce encounters after getting lost in a wormhole.