Lacey Nicole Chabert is an American actress (September 30, 1982). Her surname is French (she's Cajun) and pronounced "shah-BEHR" (same rule as Colbert).Probably best known as Claudia Salinger on Party of Five, Penny Robinson in Lost in Space and Gretchen Wieners in Mean Girls, but her distinctive, sweet sounding voice (best compared to aural candyfloss) has won her major roles as a voice actress. Her voice credits include Eliza Thornberry in The Wild Thornberrys, Ruth McDougal (Arnold's crush who turns out to not be the girl he envisioned) on the early episodes of Hey Arnold!, Meg Griffin in Family Guy (for the first season; she was later replaced by Mila Kunis, though some of the season one episodes with Chabert as Meg were mixed in with the season two episodes with Kunis as Meg. On top of that, Chabert wasn't credited for voicing Meg [until the season ten episode "Back to the Pilot"]), Gwen Stacy in The Spectacular Spider-Man, Princess Elise in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Zatanna in both Young Justice and Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Acting roles done by Chabert:
Voice roles done by Chabert:
- Young Anatasia in Anastasia (singing voice only)
- Quake/Daisy Johnson in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
- The first voice for Meg Griffin in Family Guy before being The Other Darrin to Mila Kunis (uncredited until "Road to the Pilot")
- Ruth McDougal in Hey Arnold!
- Carly Shay in Robot Chicken
- Princess Elise in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Gwen Stacy in The Spectacular Spider-Man
- Dani Burns and various female characters in Transformers Rescue Bots
- Eliza Thornberry in The Wild Thornberrys, its official spin-offs, and Robot Chicken
- Zatanna in Young Justice, Injustice: Gods Among Us and most recently Justice League Action.
- Young Vitani in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride and The Lion Guard
- Mako, the Bounty Hunter class's starting companion, in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Zeta the teenage sorceress on Shimmer and Shine
- Coorah on Kulipari: An Army of Frogs
- Melanie Staples in Scooby Doo Mecha Mutt Menace
- Gaby the giraffe in Doc McStuffins
- Nyma on Voltron: Legendary Defender
- Casting Gag: In Not Another Teen Movie she plays a spoof of Amanda from Can't Hardly Wait. Amanda was played by her Party of Five co-star Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Initially as Eliza Thornberry, but she has transitioned into a regular voice acting career.
- Dawson Casting:
- I Want You to Meet an Old Friend of Mine: Lacey guest stars on an episode of Ghost Whisperer - a show headlined by Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- Non-Singing Voice: She provides the singing voice for the young Anastasia in Anastasia (Kirsten Dunst does the speaking).
- Ms. Fanservice: A lot of the characters she plays, both on camera and in the recording booth, are as attractive as she is.
- The Pete Best: Was originally cast as Meg in Family Guy until replaced by Mila Kunis in the second season.
- Promoted Fanboy: Voiced Princess Elise in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) because she was a longtime fan of the Sonic series.
- Those Two Actors: Starred alongside Neve Campbell in Party of Five and The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.
- Uncredited Role: She went uncredited when she voiced Meg during the first production season of Family Guy, before she was replaced by Mila Kunis. She finally received credit on "Back to the Pilot".