Chafurin is a Japanese seiyuu born in 1961. His real name is Hirotaka Shimasawa. He tends to play The Big Guy roles.
- Alkaid Naash in Super Robot Wars Original Generation Gaiden
- Almayce in Slayers Try
- The Arm in GaoGaiGar.
- Bob Poundmax in Gungrave
- Bobby Bolivia (Bernie Mac) in the Japanese dub of the live-action Transformers film
- General Bryce in the Japanese dub of Transformers Prime
- Chang Changku/006 in the 2001 Cyborg 009 series.
- The Cheshire Cat in the Japanese dub of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
- Demegawa in Death Note
- Principal Figgins (Iqbal Theba) in the Japanese dub of Glee
- Garfield in the 2003 Cartoon Network dub of Garfield and Friends (The Other Darrin for Tesshō Genda of the mid-nineties WOWOW dub)
- Emperor Geldoblame in Baten Kaitos
- Grand Fisher in Bleach
- Henpeita Takechi in Gintama
- Inspector Juuzou Megure in Detective Conan
- Kuraudo Ooishi in Higurashi: When They Cry
- Returns as some random policeman in episode 21 of Umineko: When They Cry.
- Magnar in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
- Minagoroshi Jizou in Nurarihyon No Mago
- Namihei Isono in Sazae-san (2013-present)
- Dr. Qada in Bravely Default
- Ram Horn in the Japanese dub of Beast Wars
- Saint Charloss in One Piece
- Ubik in Berserk
- Wyzen in Asura's Wrath