Creator: Kirsten Dunst
Kirsten Dunst (April 30, 1982-) is an American actress from New Jersey of German and Swedish descent. She's notable for being a child actor who actually has a better acting career as an adult. This might be helped by her acting mainly in smaller films, with the occasional blockbuster, thus not being tied to any one role.But one thing that does stand out is her Girl Next Door looks and demeanor, being sweet and wholesome, but not too much.She wrote and directed a short film called "Welcome" starring Winona Ryder in 2007.
Her roles include:
- Bring It On
- Drop Dead Gorgeous
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Get Over It
- The Hairy Bird
- How to Lose Friends and Alienate People
- Interview with the Vampire
- Kiki's Delivery Service (American voice)
- Little Women (1994 Version of the Film)
- Marie Antoinette (2006 film)
- Mona Lisa Smile
- The Mystery of the Third Planet (English dub) — Kirsten Dunst is the only Western actress to have played Alisa Selezneva.
- Saturday Night Live: When she was a child actor, she appeared as an extra on a cold opening. When she hosted in season 27 [the 2001-2002 season], she pointed this out
- Small Soldiers
- The Spider-Man Trilogy
- The Virgin Suicides
- Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Dark Page"
- The Outer Limits (1995) episode "Music of the Spheres"
- Upside Down
Tropes associated with her include:
- Actor Allusion: Her character in Melancholia suffers from depression. Kirsten in real life suffered from depression and based her performance on her own experiences.
- Cute Little Fangs: You'd almost think she was destined to play a vampire◊.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She dyed her hair red for the Spider-Man movies.
- Genki Girl
- Girl Next Door: Common in many of her roles, she tends to play a fairly down to earth characters that still are considered quite attractive.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Dunst played the character in Elizabethtown who lead to the coining of the phrase in a review of the film. For the record: Dunst is not a fan of the term.
- Ms. Fanservice: Most notably in Spider-Man, where she famously spent a scene in a very thin shirt in the rain. She's also played a cheerleader, been in many photoshoots, and has appeared topless.
- Playing Against Type: Melancholia
- Pretty in Mink: Wore a white rabbit dress for a magazine shoot◊, and wore some fur-trimmed dresses playing Marie Antoinette.