Creator: Dee Bradley Baker
Dee Bradley Baker
is a voice actor from Indiana best known for being second only to Frank Welker
in doing various animal, alien, and monster vocal effects in various cartoons and feature films. He also does a lot of human voices, mainly voicing nerdy young boys, scientists, or perverted Germans (the last one comes from Baker's desire to play a perverted German character and spending enough time in Germany to know the language and do a fairly realistic accent).
Chances are very high that you've heard him, even if you don't know it.
Some of Dee Bradley Baker's more notable roles (aside from additional voices) include:
- Klaus, the insane, lecherous goldfish (who used to be an East German skiier until the CIA put his brain in a goldfish body) in American Dad!. As mentioned above and according to an American Dad DVD special about the show's creation, Baker has always wanted to voice a perverted German character, and Baker actually spent enough time in Germany to know the language.
- Kelpie, Pooka Pooka, The Jersey Devil, and Maximinus in American Dragon: Jake Long
- Appa, Momo, and most of the other animals in Avatar: The Last Airbender; also, the singing nomad Chong.
- Ra's al Ghul in Batman: Arkham City.
- The Clock King, Felix Faust, Etrigan, Chemo, Brain, Scarecrow, and Ace the Bat-Hound in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- Stinkfly, Wildmutt, and Eye Guy in Ben 10.
- All of the Omnitrix aliens in Ben 10: Alien Force with the exception of Rath.
- Numbuh 4/Wallabee Beetles, Mr. Fibb, and the Toilenator in Codename: Kids Next Door.
- Dad in Cow and Chicken.
- Wulf and Operative K in Danny Phantom.
- The Professor character in the De Blob series.
- Sanjay, Elmer and his boil, Remy Buxaplenty, and Binky in The Fairly OddParents.
- General RAAM in Gears of War.
- Wakka in Kingdom Hearts.
- Che and Gutterball in The Goode Family.
- Gravemind in the Halo series.
- Olmec in Legends of the Hidden Temple; he also used his normal voice as The Announcer here. Baker also spent some time announcing the game show Shop 'Til You Drop (both shows were produced by Stone Stanley Entertainment).
- Perry the Platypus and various ancillary characters (his nasally high-pitched cadence is pretty easy to spot once you've heard it) in Phineas and Ferb.
- Elmer Sglue in The Powerpuff Girls.
- Daffy Duck and the Tazmanian Devil in Space Jam.
- Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard in The Spectacular Spiderman.
- Squilliam Fancyson and Bubble Bass in Spongebob Squarepants.
- All of the Clonetroopers in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Notably, during an arc revolving heavily around the Clones, Baker is only Talking to Himself (playing several different roles with the same exact voice) and one other actor.
- Ephraim Bridger, Old Jho and Admiral Kassius Konstantine in Star Wars Rebels.
- Larry, Cinderblock, Plamus, Soto and his dog in Teen Titans.
- Morlock vocal effects in The Time Machine.
- Joe Black/Viewtiful Joe in Viewtiful Joe (the video games, not the anime adaptation or Marvel vs. Capcom 3).
- Nightcrawler in X-Men Legends (I & II) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
- Wolf in Young Justice.
- Both Atlas and P-body in Portal 2.
- Speaking of Valve games, he also makes noises for some of the Infected in Left 4 Dead.
- Letz Shake from No More Heroes.
- Boba Fett, Baron Merillion Tarko, and Rebel Troopers in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
- Death and Tameable Rider in Dantes Inferno.
- Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
- Atomic Skull in Superman vs. the Elite.
- Himself in I Know That Voice.
- Larfleeze in Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
- Slithe, Kaynar, Ro-Bear Bill, and several lizard soldiers in ThunderCats (2011).
- Dr. Bomb and Anti-Bravoman in the Bravoman web series
- A starring role as Fish and several other of the titular creatures in The Boxtrolls.
- Squee, Spleen and Spoon, the Techies (yes, all three) in Dota 2
- Lion in Steven Universe