is a 2009 animated film produced by Jerry Bruckheimer
for Walt Disney
Pictures in Disney Digital 3-D. Written by Cormac and Marianne Wibberley, the film is the directorial debut of Hoyt Yeatman.
The film revolves around a special FBI organization of trained secret agent animals, equipped with advanced tools including an advanced earpiece that allows the mammalian members to talk to humans. The movie follows an attempt by corrupt officials to remove the G-Force and the groups attempts to survive and reconnect to take them down.Not to be confused with G-Force: Guardians of Space
, the second American adaptation of the classic anime Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
G-Force contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Juarez, natch!
- Actor Allusion: Speckles hates cages.
- Alternative Foreign Theme Song: G-Force in Japan has a different theme song.
- Amplified Animal Aptitude
- Attack Of The 50 Foot Appliances: The final battle.
- Badass Adorable / Pintsized Powerhouse: Darwin, Blaster and Juarez. Ditto for Speckles.
- Band of Brothers
- Berserk Button
Juarez: You try to put a bow on me, you gonna lose a finger.
- Bilingual Bonus: "Yanshu is the Chinese word for mole!"
- Big Eater: Hurley
- Dance Party Ending
- Disney Death: Hurley and Speckles
- Five-Man Band
- Five-Temperament Ensemble: Darwin (choleric), Mooch (melancholic), Hurley (phlegmatic), Blaster (sanguine), and Juarez (leukine).
- Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better
Speckles: I'm a mole. I got a thing for worms.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Penelope Cruz as Juarez, Nicolas Cage as Speckles.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Speckles' family was killed by humans, his father asks him to do the same if he gets the chance, and he does...until he sees that the 2 humans who adopted and cared for him were in the path of his vengeance.
- Hive Mind: The mice.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Mecha: During the climax.
- Meganekko: Marcie
- My God, What Have I Done?: by Speckles.
- The Mole: Speckles the mole was secretly helping Leonard Saber to make his Saber appliances (using audio-only communication and a voice modifier). Blaster even says "Who would have guessed that the mole... was 'The Mole'?"
- Name's the Same: As noted by I Thought It Meant above, prior release many people confused this with a movie adaptation of Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
- No Endor Holocaust: Appliances all over the planet have become armed killing machines. Many people would have died.
- Reassigned to Antarctica
- Reed Richards Is Useless: They developed a technology that allows animals to talk and proves they are sentient, and all they do is teach them how to be secret agents.
- Possibly subverted, for most of the film their organization is considered a joke, they get recognition in the end by the freaking president, but what happens after that we don't know, especially since the president says the details of their group is still coming to light.
- The Reliable One: Mooch. Serves as a distraction on their missions, flies back to headquarters to get back in contact with Ben, serves as lookout when the team is being pursued, accompanies Darwin and provides live footage of Speckle's confession, and catches the USB at the climax. He may not talk, but the team sure as hell wouldn't get a thing done without him.
- Serkis Folk
- Shout Out:
- Sit On The Camera:
Darwin: Get your butt out of my face!
Hurley: Get your face out of my butt!
- Spicy Latina: Juarez.
- Talking Animal
- Take That: The mice are the only rodents with Helium Speech, and depicted as idiots. Yeah.
- Title Confusion: After the initial rumors based on the film's title, many were disappointed that this wasn't a Battle of the Planets / Science Ninja Team Gatchaman adaptation.
- Toilet Humor
Darwin: (as Blaster is being scooped up from the cage) Blaster, do something!
Blaster: What do you suggest I do?!
The mice: Poop in his hand! Poop in his hand!
- Translator Collar: The guinea pigs are given devices that allow them to talk to humans.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Hurley
- Why Did It Have To Be Dogs?
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Speckles wants revenge on humanity because his family was killed while humans were digging close to his home.