Music / Flo Rida
, real name Tramar Lacel Dillard
, is a rapper and songwriter from Miami
. He's had two quintuple-platinum singles ("Low" and "Right Round"), but has never received a whole-album certification in the United States. Described by Stephen Colbert
as "the last black man willing to be associated with the state of Florida".
Needs some Wiki Magic
- Mail on Sunday (2008)
- R.O.O.T.S. (2009)
- Only One Flo (Part 1) (2010)
- Wild Ones (2012)
- The Perfect 10 (TBA)
Tropes associated with Flo Rida include:
- Boastful Rap: Several of his songs fit this pretty well, most notably "Good Feeling".
- Epic Fail: Flo Rida, a Grammy Award-winning rapper, somehow lost to Bo Dallas, a non-rapping novelty wrestler, in a freestyle rap off. To be fair, Bo used to do freestyle rap offs with Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn back in WWE NXT, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that Flo Rida is still a professional rapper who lost to someone that's supposed to be a complete amateur.
- In Da Club
- Mainstream Obscurity: Despite having racked up numerous chart-topping hits, he's hardly a recognizable personality, physically or otherwise. Todd in the Shadows once described him as "a superstar who isn't famous."
- A Wild Rapper Appears: More than a few instances of this, such as Jennifer Lopez's "Goin' In", Olly Murs' "Troublemaker" and Enrique Iglesias' "There Goes My Baby".