Music / Enrique Iglesias
Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler was born on May 8th 1976 in Madrid
. He is a singer-songwriter and actor. He is the son of Julio Iglesias, also a Spanish singer but formerly Real Madrid's
Youth team Goalkeeper.
Tropes relating to Enrique Iglesias are:
- Bilingual Bonus: In English, his name is Henry Churches - but his father's is July Churches.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half Filipino.
- Dream Team: With Pitbull. His collaboration with Nicole Scherzinger of The The Pussycat Dolls also applies.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Played for Laughs in How I Met Your Mother when overly-feminine Marshall becomes enchanted by his music.
- Fake Nationality: He played an Argentinian masseuse who played acoustic guitar and wrote his own songs on How I Met Your Mother, and a Mexican in Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Subverted; Julio never pushed his children to become musicians, and Enrique didn't want him to know about his aspirations, but did anyway.
- Intercourse with You: Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) is the clean version of the title.
- Irony: "Tonight (I'm Fuckin' You)". "Please excuse me, I don't mean to be rude". His next line? "But tonight i'm fucking you", which contradicts his own politeness.
- Latin Lover: The same character on HIMYM, Robin's young Argentine lover.
- Like Father, Like Son: His father was also a famous pop artist, though didn't want his old man to know about his plans for a musical career.
- Name's the Same: As the Uruguayan economist.
- Older Than He Looks: He could pass for in his mid to late 20's. He's nearly 40.
- One Steve Limit: Averted in his 2000 off-Broadway musical titled Four Guys Named Jose and Una Mujer Named Maria.
- Power Ballad: Was known for this in the 90s and early 2000s. "Hero" is a prime example.
- Precision F-Strike: "But, tonight I'm fucking you!"
- Self-Titled Album: Enrique and Enrique Iglesias.
- A Wild Rapper Appears: Has some of these in his songs: