open/close all folders
Voiced by: Greg CipesThe protagonist of the series and leader of the Hyperforce.He pilots the Torso Tank Driver 1, which forms the torso and limbs of the Super Robot. Chiro's powers come from the Power Primate, an entity inside of him.
- All-Loving Hero: A naive young hero who is ready to defend anyone in trouble at all times and is willing to forgive and give second chances to people that turned to evil in the past such as the Sun Riders, Quint and Ah-Fei.
- Animal Battle Aura: Tapping into the Power Primate can generate an enormous green energy gorilla around him.
- Animorphism: He gets turned into a monkey in the Season Two finale, probably as a result of Antauri's soul hiding within his body.
- Battle Couple: With Jinmay after she Took a Level in Badass.
- Beta Couple: His relationship with Jinmay is solid and simplified as opposed to Sprx/Nova's Belligerent Sexual Tension.
- Blush Sticker: As a young child, he had constantly rosy cheeks.
- The Chosen One: He at first thinks he found the Monkey Team by coincidence, but Antauri reveals he was destined to find them and become their leader, outright calling him "the chosen one". Exactly who or what chose him is never revealed though, Chiro himself wonders it sometimes.
- Skeleton King of all people gives a hint when he and Chiro face off. He refers to them as being "pawns' in a game of Good vs Evil. With the reveal of the Dark Ones being his masters, this metaphorical statement may actually be more literal.
- Another episode has Antauri's former master also speculate on Chiro being The Chosen one, implying to be the one to perhaps end evil.
- Cradle of Loneliness: In the Season Two finale, Chiro is seen holding Antauri's helmet this way after the latter's Heroic Sacrifice.
- Distracted by the Sexy: In the aptly named episode "Girl Trouble", he completely ignores his duties to the team and runs off with two hot babes that he just "saved" from a monster.
- The Dulcinea Effect: He defends Jinmay from BT and Glenny right after first seeing her.
- Elemental Punch: Thunder Punch and Lightning Kick.
- Facial Markings: Two orange stripes under each of his eyes.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: After Glenny got caught by the zombie-turned Hyperforce in "Shadow Over Shuggazoom" and BT panics they won't survive, clinging to Chiro's leg.BT: I love you, Chiro.Chiro: Pull yourself together, man! Get off my leg.
- The Hero: He's the main counter against evil.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: With Jinmay in the first episode because of the Villain Override.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: They highlight his youth, innocence and purity.
- Jumped at the Call: He always wanted to be a superhero and now he is.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Monkey Fu.
- Ki Attacks: Generated by Monkey Fu.
- Kid Hero: Teenage superhero Sentai leader.
- The Leader: Of the Hyperforce.
- Love at First Sight: Falls for Jinmay immediately.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Monkey Mind Scream.
- Meaningful Name: Chiro translates to "hero" in Japanese.
- Mysterious Past: The exact nature of his origins are never revealed, and it's just hinted outside the show that he was a latchkey child. His parents aren't mentioned.
- In the episode titled "Skeleton King," for reasons unknown. the SK has alot of Chiro's possessions in a far-off room (namely various plushes and a school outfit). Chiro is clearly disturbed by this and this is raises more questions than answers.
- Official Couple: Officially becomes a couple with Jinmay when she returns from her Quest for Identity.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents aren't mentioned. The Robot Monkeys, Antauri in particular, are the ones who take care of him.
- Psychic Powers: How he's able to control the Monkey Robot.
- Robosexual: His girlfriend is a Robot Girl. However, he fell in love with her before he knew she was one.
- Rookie Red Ranger: He is the Hyperforce's second leader. His subordinates are veterans and he is not.
- Scarf of Asskicking: It's part of his suit's design when he changes to Hypermode.
- Shock and Awe: Many of his attacks are charged up with the Power Primate.
- Smug Super: He can get really cocky about being The Hero at times.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: He's the only one able to understand the Robot Monkeys before the Monkey Translator is built.
- Token Human: The only human member of the Hyperforce.
- Understanding Boyfriend: Finding out Jinmay was a robot didn't whet his feelings for her at all.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: In "Night Of Fear", his worst fear is revealed to be turning back into a defenseless child.
- "Depths of Fear" also did this with his fear of the sea, which he got over by the end of the episode but not before Otto utterly freaked him out by describing the water in an unnecessarily creepy way.
- Who You Gonna Call?: "Concerned Citizens" type for beating down monsters.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He does not like clowns and oceans make him very uneasy, though he confronts these and overcomes them.
- Young and In Charge: Teenage leader of the Vague Age robots.
- Badass Baritone: Courtesy of his voice actor.
- Back from the Dead: His resurrection as the silver monkey in the Season 3 opener.
- Blessed with Suck: Though very powerful, his fully robotic Silver Monkey body makes him susceptible to mechanical issues that can render him immobile or cause him to lose control of his body.
- Brain Uploading: After Antauri loses his body in the Season Two finale, Chiro builds a fully robotic body for him and transfers Antauri's soul into it with the Power Primate.
- Came Back Strong: After his resurrection as the silver monkey he is much stronger than before.
- The Comically Serious: He almost always has the same deadpan serious expression on his face, even in comical scenes, such as when Thingy slobbered all over his face and his expression doesn't change.
- Death Glare: He can give some pretty stern ones.
- Defrosting Ice King: Antauri remains quite distant to Chiro and doesn't morally support him in the first season. While he most often reassures the others to trust in their leader, he shows moments of doubts, like in the episode "Secret of the Sixth Monkey". He grows closer to Chiro in the second season, while Chiro actively seeks out his advice and confides in him about his worries by this point. They develop a close parent-child relationship from then on.
- Disney Death: In the Season Two finale. At the beginning of Season Three it's revealed that his soul was just hidden within Chiro's body until Chiro could find a way to bring him back; Antauri eventually returns by transferring his soul to the body of the Silver Monkey. Yes, you should already know this.
- Funny Animal
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the Season Two finale, he throws himself in the Pit of Doom in order to stop the Dark One Worm's birth. It borders in Senseless Sacrifice since he didn't stop the Dark One Worm and allowing it to run away to space caused the destruction of thousands of planets. He only stopped it from completely destroying Shuggazoom. In his defense, he didn't know that the thing could regenerate its body from its head.
- Intangible Man: Gains the ability to pass through walls as the silver monkey.
- The Lancer: Official Number Two in the Hyperforce and generally much more serious than Chiro.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: His rebirth as the silver monkey.
- Levitating Lotus Position: His zen pose when he's meditating.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Monkey Mind Scream.
- Meditation Power Up: Gets a significant boost for himself and the Power Primate.
- Mentor Mascot: He is Chiro's wise monkey mentor who teaches him about the Power Primate and guides him in his path as the The Chosen One.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: When he dies in the second season, Chiro is clearly affected by losing his mentor and father figure. Fortunately, Antauri is back by the start of the third season.
- Mundane Utility: He uses his Psychic Powers to short circuit Chiro's gaming systems to get to do work. Also uses his ghost paws to cheat at pinball.
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: The noble to Sprx's roguish. (One of two)
- Not So Above It All: Even the wise and mature Antauri has his quirky moments. From "Big Lug"...Antauri: Mind over matter... (camera zooms out to show Antauri wearing a soda drink hat) ...is nothing compared to hands-free refreshments! What a marvelous invention!
Sprx: (as Antauri uses his Ghost Claws on the Sun Riders pinball machine) What are you doing, Antauri?! Get your ghost paws outta that machine!Antauri: What? At least I didn't tilt.
- In the same episode...
- And earlier in the series, in the episode "Circus of Ooze", where we learn that he actually has a pretty big Sweet Tooth.
- Number Two: The second-in-command of the Hyperforce.
- Papa Wolf: Shows shades of this when it comes to the whole Hyperforce, especially Chiro.
- Proverbial Wisdom: He likes to speak in proverbs and metaphors when sharing his wisdom.
- Psychic Powers: Levitation, telekinesis, ghost paws, etc.
- The Sheriff: Ends up as this with Sprx becoming his deputy when transported to a Wild West era of Shuggazoom in "Evil Ages."
- Smart People Play Chess: With Gibson.
- Spider Limbs: Gets these as the silver monkey.
- The Stoic: Antauri's facial expression rarely changes.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: He's stoic, cool-headed and reserved, but still a good and caring friend and father figure.
- Sweet Tooth: He really likes cotton candy.
- Team Dad: As the wisest of the team, his teammates usually come to him for advice and look up to him. He is also quite strict, being the one who gets the others to stop playing video games to patrol the city.
- Warrior Monk: He teaches Chiro how to control the Power Primate, and also gives spiritual advice to the rest of the Team.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: While it's unknown what he was afraid of prior to his rebirth, in "Night of Fear" his worst fear is revealed to be losing control of his robotic body.
- However, given Mandarin said that Antuari's worst fears of "his will no longer being his own" implies that his worst fear has always been not having control of himself.
- Wolverine Claws: Giant monkey claws made of energy no less.
Voiced by: Corey FeldmanThe red monkey, and the team's best pilot. He is a comedian and has a big ego, but is very brave, smart and willing to protect his comrades.He pilots Fist Rocket 3, which becomes the right hand of the Super Robot. His main weapon is his Magnetic Hands.
- Accidental Pervert: In "The Savage Lands", he ends up in what can be considered a compromising position with Nova after she saves him from a Booby Trap. Complete with her giving him the expected Armor-Piercing Slap.
- Ace Pilot: He pilots Fist Rocket 3 and is the team's best pilot.
- Amazon Chaser: He loves Nova, the toughest fighter of the team.
- And I Must Scream: According to one of the writers, Sprx was conscious of what was happening while under the influence of the Fire of Hate.
- Battle Couple: With Nova. He's an Ace Pilot and a skilled marksman with magnetic attacks, she's a tough Pint-Sized Powerhouse with Power Fists. They usually team up in battle and protect each other.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Nova. He's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who loves to tease her, she's a Tsundere with little to no tolerance to his goofiness. They are deeply in love, but won't admit it.
- Berserk Button:
- He is usually pretty easy-going, but mess with his friends, and his personality can take a rather scary turn.
- Calling him Sparky isn't really a good idea...
- While all the Monkeys are protective of Chiro, Sparx in particular will react like a furious older brother if you lay hands on the kid.
- Big Brother Mentor: Towards Chiro in the beginning; he advises him and supports him while he acts like a cool older brother figure. Interestingly, this role wanes with Antauri's growing relationship to Chiro.
- The Big Guy: He's this in ego, comedy, and power.
- Brains and Brawn: The Brawn to Gibson's Brains.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the Season Four finale, he is turned evil by the Fire of Hate. He goes back to normal after Nova tells him she loves him and his friends use the Power Primate to release him from the Fire of Hate's control.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Sprx is an excellent pilot and marksman, and is really good at adapting and thinking on his feet. But he'd much rather goof off, do fancy aerial maneuvers, and ogle females than actually carry out his duties.
- Butt-Monkey: Incredibly Lame Pun aside, he's picked on a lot, particularly in later seasons.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He just can't bring himself to admit his feelings for Nova. He comes fairly close to confessing a couple of times, only for something to interrupt or chicken out at the last second.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He flirts with Nova all the time, but he still genuinely cares about her and respects her.
- Conspiracy Theorist: He's always the first to distrust any suspicious person or situation the team encounters.Sprx: You know what these strange beacons always turn out to be? Death traps! Always some death trap...
- Cool Big Bro: Just as Antauri acts as Chiro's father figure, Sprx takes the role of the cool and supporting older brother surrogate for the kid.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's a goofy comedian, but don't underestimate the power of his magnets.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Embarrassing Nickname: Don't call him Sparky. He will not be amused.
- Evil Makeover: When he is Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Fangs Are Evil: When he is Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Funny Animal: He's a comedian extraordinaire.
- The Gadfly: He likes to tease others, especially Gibson and Nova.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Doesn't like it when Nova develops a crush on Tikqudo, one of the Cathurians.
- Handicapped Badass: In "Night Of Fear", he shows that becoming blind doesn't affect his badassery at all, as he and Nova take down a berserk Antauri.
- Hand Puppet: In "Incident on Ranger 7", Sprx mades a Nova puppet out of an old paper bag.
- Hellish Pupils: When he is Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Heroic Fatigue: By the time of the Season Four finale, Sprx expresses a great deal of stress and weak will as the team tries to stop Valina and Mandarin from resurrecting Skeleton King, since as he says so himself, despite all the team's efforts and sacrifices, Skeleton King is still a threat.
- Hot-Blooded: Just as strong-headed and brash as he's funny. As he himself says, he always relies on his instinct.
- I Have Your Wife: While he is Brainwashed and Crazy, he takes Nova as hostage and nearly kills her in order to get his teammates to give him the Skeleton King's skull.
- Improbable Weapon User: His Weapon of Choice are two giant magnets.
- Indy Ploy: "Worlds of Giants" is about him pulling off one of these.
- It's All My Fault: He blames himself for letting Nova get sucked into a wormhole. Later, he says this word for word after Skeleton King is reborn because he helped Valina and Mandarin when he was Brainwashed and Crazy.
- I Will Find You: In the Season Three finale, he lets Nova get sucked into a wormhole and is determined to go look for her for most of the finale. She comes back after he asks The Being to bring her back.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's cocky, sarcastic and brash and let's not get into his big ego. Yet, he's still a good guy who cares a lot about his friends, especially surrogate little brother Chiro.
- Leader Wannabe: He argued with Gibson who holds the position of third-in-command.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: He just loves to ogle females and drools at the sight of sexy women. Yet he's still good friends with the team and despite her annoyance at his perversions, his love interest still loves him.
- Mars Needs Women: He really likes human women, but he prefers monkeys deep down.
- Maybe Ever After: He and Nova either have this or a Last Minute Hook Up. In the Season Four finale, Nova finally confesses her feelings for him, but it's unclear whether Sprx actually heard the confession, since he was Brainwashed and Crazy and the team has to start a war against the resurrected Skeleton King immediately afterward. So whether they became a couple depends on your viewpoint.
- It was recently confirmed by one of the writers that Sprx heard Nova's confession. Of course, that stills leaves much to debate about the status of their relationship following the finale.
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: The roguish to Gibson and Antauri's noble.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Nova gives him a kiss on the cheek when he is released from the Fire of Hate's control leaving him in a frozen state with hearts in his eyes.
- Pungeon Master
- Red Is Heroic
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Gibson's blue, including their colors.
- Robo Romance: With Nova. They are both robot monkeys and it's made obvious that they love each other very much.
- Robot Names: A robot monkey named SPRX-77. People call him simply Sprx. Interestingly, he is the only robot monkey in the team with a typical robotic name.
- Selective Magnetism: He can use his magnets to attract anything he wants, whenever he wants.
- Shock and Awe: He uses electrical attacks.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Fans have several spellings for both his full name and nickname. SPRX-77, SPRX77, Sprx, Sparks, Sparx, and there are probably a few more spellings if one looked around the fanfic archives long enough.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Gibson.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: In "Night Of Fear", his worst fear is revealed to be going blind: "the worst thing that can happen to a pilot."
- What the Hell, Hero?: In the penultimate episode of Season Four, he calls Gibson out for not taking the Ice Crystal of Vengeance and blames him for letting Valina and Mandarin get away. Ironic since Sprx ends up being turned evil by the Fire of Hate and joining Valina and Mandarin.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Like Chiro, he's afraid of water at first.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Nova, with whom he has much tension, False Starts and other problems. In the Season Four finale, Nova finally confesses her feelings for him, but the status of their relationship is left unclear.
Mr. Hal Gibson
Voiced by: Tom KennyThe blue monkey, and the team's science officer. His full name is Mr. Hal Gibson, but he prefers to be called Gibson. He is very proper, and speaks with a touch of a British accent. He prides himself on his high IQ, and becomes easily frustrated when faced with beings of lesser intelligence.He pilots Fist Rocket 4, which becomes the left hand of the Super Robot. His main weapon is his Drillers.
- Agent Scully: He refuses to believe in magic or anything supernatural and always searches for a logical explanation for everything.
- Badass Bookworm: He's a scientist whose body is a robotic weapon.
- Brains and Brawn: The Brains to Sprx's Brawn.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In "Thingy".
- Combat Pragmatist: Subtle, but outside of Super Robot combat he's the team member most likely to resort to environmental attacks rather than named weapon attacks, to the point that in "Pit of Doom" he's the only member of the team to never use a named attack for the whole episode, while first flagrantly tripping a Formless Minion off a roof (complete with one-liner), then equally blatantly luring several more into shooting each other.
- The Comically Serious: He sometimes gets so worked up over incompetence it's funny.
- Cannot Tell a Joke
- Defrosting Ice King: Due to the high standards and his arrogance, his in-series relationship with Otto starts off rocky, often being annoyed by the mechanic's quirks and questioning his intelligence. Gibson not only mellows over the series, but he comes to appreciate and care for Otto fiercely.
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: When he is infected by Skeleton King's virus in "Thingy".
- Funny Animal: Not as much as SPRX but he's still funny.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Towards Chiro, especially in the Season 1 Finale and even his Talkative Loon episode "Night Of Fear".
- Insistent TerminologyGibson: Do not call me Mister, or Hal, just Gibson, please.
- Insufferable Genius: He is a tad arrogant, and hates to admit whenever he is wrong.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: He has a hard time finding someone who shares his level of intelligence and love for science, which makes him somewhat distant to others.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Arrogant, impatient and condescending, but still a good guy who will do anything for his friends.
- Leader Wannabe: He argued with Sprx who holds the position of third-in-command.
- The Medic: Gibson handles most doctoral responsibilities.
- Mundane Utility: He uses his drills as a vacuum cleaner. He also uses them to shot a water beam back at Otto's face and cheat on a Snowball Fight.
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: The noble to Sprx's roguish. (One of two)
- No Respect Guy: He gets no respect for designing the mechanics of the Power Primate.
- Not So Above It All: When he gets pulled into Sprx and/or Otto's shenanigans, he admonishes them for being childish before retaliating, often over the top (like the time where Otto splashed him and Nova and after mocking them, Gibson shot a water beam with his drills back at his face). He also got distracted whenever he and Sprx continued their argument over who holds the position of third in command.
- Odd Friendship: With Otto.
- The Professor
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sprx's red, including their colors.
- Science Foils: With Otto. Gibson is the team's science officer and an arrogant Insufferable Genius, while Otto is the mechanic and a goofy Genius Ditz.
- Science Hero: The main science person of the heroes.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Smart Guy: One of two, in terms of science.
- Smart People Play Chess: With Antauri.
- Smart People Speak The Queen's English: He is the only one among the team with a British accent.
- Talkative Loon: Becomes this for a short time in "Night Of Fear" after losing his intelligence.
- This Is a Drill: The weapons his hands transform into are two drills. Unlike many other examples, he can use them for more than drill attacks; he can shoot energy from the tips, or suck in material like water or snow and shoot that.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sprx.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: In "Night Of Fear", his worst fear is revealed to be losing his intelligence and being reduced to a babbling idiot.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Gibson absolutely despises insects.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Gets distracted REALLY easily.
- Badass Adorable
- Beware the Nice Ones: He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, but mess with him or his friends and he will show you his dangerous saws.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He comes across as a clown sometimes, but some clowns are very handy with chainsaws.
- Big Eater
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite his oddities and quirks, his genius in mechanics is astounding. He also owns a good level of perception and often moves proactively.
- Chainsaw Good: His main weapons are his Energy Saws. Even in the Hidden Fortress where he installed his own saws in the security system.Otto: Oh yeah, I added some saws.Sprx: You add saws to everything.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: An oddball to be sure but a well grounded one whenever the situation requires it.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: The silliest and goofiest member of the team, but just as strong in battle as everyone else.
- Extreme Omnivore: He once happily slurped down a bowl of live grubs without indigestion. Then there's the "Wonder Fun Meat World"…
- Fake Defector: In "Meet the Wigglenog", he pretends to betray the team and join the Wigglenog to trick the genie into letting him wish to have never met him.
- Funny Animal
- Gadgeteer Genius: A mechanical genius with an impressive number of inventions under his belt.
- Genius Ditz: Otto is a Gadgeteer Genius like no other. He's just quite a goofball.
- Keet: Very cheerful, playful and optimistic.
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Mars Needs Women: Like Sprx, he likes human women.
- Mr. Fixit: If there's something broken, let Otto fix it and he will leave it brand new.
- My Brain Is Big: Briefly after Gibson accidentally makes him super smart in "Meet the Wigglenog".
- Nice Guy: He's the nicest and friendliest member of the Hyperforce.
- Odd Friendship: With Gibson.
- Only Sane Man: He and Nova in "The Savage Lands" kept their focus on the mission when Sprx and Gibson lost themselves in their argument.
- The Pollyanna: No matter what horrific situation he finds himself in, Otto always manages to keep his lighthearted attitude at the end of the day. Literally nothing can keep his spirits down for long.
- Punny Name: His name is pronounced "Auh-toh", sounding like a scientific experiment.
- Sarcasm-Blind:Otto: (as they're watching Jinmay's transmission) Woah... she needs us, on Shuggazoom!Sprx: Brilliant deduction Captain Obvious! You win the Golden Star!Otto: Thanks!
- Science Foils: With Gibson. Otto is the team's mechanic and a goofy Genius Ditz, while Gibson is the science officer and an arrogant Insufferable Genius.
- The Smart Guy: One of two, in terms of mechanics.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: In "Night Of Fear", his worst fear is revealed to be clams with feet. Why? Who knows.
Voiced by: Kari WahlgrenThe yellow monkey, and the only female in the team. Tomboyish and feisty, she's the team's main fighter with a short temper.She pilots Foot Crusher Cruiser 6, which forms the right foot of the Super Robot. Her main weapon is her Robotic Fists.
- Action Girl: The only female in the team and its main fighter. Her Power Fists should let you know why.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: She tries to control her temper and fire powers because she is afraid that if they go out of control she could hurt those she cares about.
- Angst Nuke: Her body overheats when she gets angry, and she can become this if she can't get her temper under control. The first time this happened, she became so hot that she caused an explosion that destroyed much of the training room and sent Mandarin flying back into a wall.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: In the Season Four finale, she cries and begs Sprx to fight the control of the Fire of Hate and return to normal because she loves him too much to lose him.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Used a couple of times on Sprx, and she can do it with her tail.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: After Sprx asks The Being to bring her back after she gets sucked into a wormhole, Nova returns as a giant-sized version of herself just in time to save Chiro from Mandarin. She returns to her normal size after getting attacked by Skeleton King Droid.
- Badass Adorable: This cute and lovable monkey girl can use her Power Fists to easily smash her opponents and shatter the ground.
- Battle Couple: With Sprx. They are what happens when a powerful Pint-Sized Powerhouse and a marksman with magnetic attacks fall in love.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Sprx. They're obviously in love, but they spend too much time at each other's throats to sort out their feelings.
- Berserk Button: Nova can't stand the cold...
- Beware the Nice Ones: Nova is usually very nice and caring, but she is still a feisty Action Girl with Power Fists.
- The Big Gal: She plays this role on The Team and shares it with Sprx as their toughest fighter.
- Break the Cutie: In the Season Four finale. Sprx turns evil, he attacks her and her friends, she's forced to fight him, he takes her as hostage and tortures her by tearing her apart with his magnets. Fortunately, she gets better after he returns to normal.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: She might be the team's tough main fighter, but she's really caring towards her friends and has a huge soft spot for cute things.
- Burning with Anger: Her outbursts often include fire-related imagery, even when she isn't Playing with Fire or threatening to become an Angst Nuke.
- The Chick: In the sense of being the sole female member and caring deeply about her teammates. She's in fact the team's toughest fighter and third-in-command.
- Cowardly Lion: Becomes this for a short time in "Night Of Fear" after losing her courage. Sprx helps her prove herself she's still got it.
- Cry Cute: Seeing this tough and feisty warrior crying during her Anguished Declaration of Love to Sprx is possibly one of the cutest and most touching moments in the entire series.
- Cute Bruiser: As expected from a feisty Action Girl with Power Fists, Nova can smash anything despite her small size.
- Cuteness Proximity: Nova just can't resist cute things.
- Daddy's Girl: She was very close to her creator the Alchemist before he became the Skeleton King.
- Death Glare: You do NOT want Nova glaring at you. EVER.
- Determinator: Best shown in the Season Four finale. Not even getting brutally electrocuted and teared apart by Sprx will make her give up on the one she loves.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: No one seems to care when she punches and slaps Sprx. Sprx and his big mouth are usually kind of asking for it.
- Funny Animal
- The Gadfly: She takes great delight in teasing Sprx sometimes, especially when he gets all scaredy-cat in "Season of the Skull".
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Tries to keep this side of her secret from public, but she loves stuffed animals and there's a lot of them in her room.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Shows faint shades of this whenever Sprx lays his eyes on another female.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: In the Season Four finale, Sprx is turned evil by the Fire of Hate and Nova tries to reason with him and get him to snap out of it, even when Antauri tells her it's useless. Her love manages to reach him in the end.
- Insult of Endearment: In "Snowbound", she calls Sprx dumb monkey as she accepts his apology.
- Interspecies Romance: Develops a crush on Tikqudo, one of the Cathurians. Sprx isn't happy about it.
- Maybe Ever After: With Sprx. Either this or a Last Minute Hook Up, depending on how you look at it. In the Season Four finale, while Nova finally confesses her feelings for Sprx and kisses him on the cheek, it's left up in the air whether they actually become a couple.
- Nobody Calls Me "Chicken"!: She gets angry if someone calls her a coward, even if indirectly.
- One of the Boys: You'll never hear her male teammates -or anyone in-universe, for that matter- make fun of her for being female and not in the kitchen.
- Only Sane Woman: She and Otto in "The Savage Lands" kept their focus on the mission when Sprx and Gibson lost themselves in their argument.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Not taller than any of the other monkeys, but physically she is the team's strongest member.
- Playing with Fire: She has the ability to use fire. At first she could only use it if she entered in an Unstoppable Rage, but later she's seen using it without going berserk.
- Plucky Girl: Brave, strong and spirited. This girl never gives in to anything.
- Power Fist: Her in-build hand weapons are massive fists.
- Raised by Dudes: She has been surrounded by male monkeys all her life and was unable to socialize before the Monkey Translator was built. It's no surprise she's One of the Boys.
- Robo Romance: With Sprx. You wouldn't have imagined that two robot monkeys could make such a cute couple.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: As annoyed as she might get at his antics, Nova is clearly very much in love with Sprx, the easy-going, fun-loving, brave and loyal comedian of the team.
- The Smurfette Principle: She is the only female robot monkey on the team.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Nova is an explosion caused by a dying star and she has a hidden Playing with Fire ability that can turn her into an Angst Nuke.
- Swiss Army Tears: During her Anguished Declaration of Love, Nova cries a Single Tear that lands on Sprx's snout and that snaps him out of the Fire of Hate's control.
- Tame Her Anger: She tries to control her anger because she knows that if she enters in an Unstoppable Rage her Playing with Fire powers will go out of control and she will become an Angst Nuke.
- Team Mom: She cares a lot about her teammates, gives them emotional support when they need it and scolds them when they are fooling around.
- Technicolor Eyes: Has pink eyes.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Jinmay's Girly Girl.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Despite her tomboyish personality, Nova is rather fond of cute things. Her room is filled with stuffed animals and even a tea set... in addition to an arsenal of battle weapons.
- Tsundere: More of a Type B, since Nova is usually quite kind and agreeable, if feisty. Then Sprx opens his mouth...
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Don't hurt Sprx in front of Nova, unless you want to get smashed by her Power Fists.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: She constantly criticizes Sprx for his lazy and goofy behaviour and lack of tact.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: In "Night Of Fear", her worst fear is revealed to be losing her courage.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Sprx. The romantic tension between them is pretty prominent throughout the show. As of the Season Four finale, They Do, depending on your viewpoint.
The Super Robot
The Hyperforce's Humongous Mecha and home.
- Chest Blaster: One of its weapons. It's often a last resort weapon because it drains most of the Super Robot's power supply to activate it, rendering it frequently counter-productive in attrition battles.
- Eye Beams: One of its weapons.
- Finger Firearms
- Humongous Mecha: It's big enough to live in.
- Just a Machine: When the Super Robot starts to show intelligence of its own, Sprx says machines can't have a soul and it's just broken. The Super Robot later proves him wrong.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Another one of its weapons.
- Mechanical Lifeform: A living mecha.
- Tin-Can Robot: Has boxes for its head, body, and feet, extremely boxy hands and fingers, and tube arms.
- Transforming Mecha: It can transform into smaller vehicles for each member for the Hyperforce.
- The Unintelligible: Though alive, it cannot speak coherently.
Voiced by: Ashley JohnsonA robot in the form of a young girl. She was found floating in space by the Skeleton King. He brought her aboard the Citadel of Bone, and erased her memories. He then sent her to Shuggazoom along with Sakko, one of his agents, in an attempt to eliminate the Hyperforce. Shortly after, she leaves Shuggazoom in an attempt to learn more about her origins.In the season three Jinmay begins to train her powers. She is then given a Hyperforce uniform, making her an honorary member.
- Absentee Actor: For some reason, she doesn't appear in most of the episodes of Season 4 despite being a member of the Hyperforce by that point.
- Action Girl
- Affirmative Action Girl: Before she joined, Nova was the only girl.
- All-Loving Heroine: Extremely sweet, innocent and helpful. She gave refuge to the few remaining citizens of Shuggazoom even though all of them were infected and soon would become wraiths.
- Badass Adorable
- Battle Couple: With Chiro after she Took a Level in Badass.
- Beta Couple: With Chiro to Sprx and Nova.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's a nice and friendly girl but she earned her place on the Hyperforce.
- Blush Sticker: She has two permanently rosy spots on her cheeks.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In "The Hills Have Five".
- The Chick
- The Cutie
- Damsel in Distress: In her introduction and the Season 3 opener, she didn't have a grasp on her powers and so she required rescue by the Hyperforce.
- Defecting for Love: Initially she worked for the Skeleton King (due to brainwashing) but The Power of Love for Chiro broke through that.
- Designated Girl Fight: Fights Valina for attacking Chiro, complete with cat shrieks in the background.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: When she's first introduced to the Monkeys.
- Evil Costume Switch: In "The Hills Have Five".
- Eye Beams
- Finger Firearms
- Girlish Pigtails
- Girly Bruiser: She's kind, polite, adorable, and girly as they get; her civilian outfit is pink hair in pigtails, a shirt with a pink heart on it and a skirt. You'd better hope she's on your side, or she'll blow you to bits with her eye lasers, or some of the many missiles loaded in her robot body. And she's not too bad at chucking vehicles, either.
- Green Eyes
- Heel–Face Turn: From Skeleton King minion to member of the Hyperforce.
- Honey Trap: This is what Skeleton King initially uses Jinmay for.
- Humongous Mecha: She can transform into one.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: She is the only one able to reach Chiro after he's turned into a Wraith in "Ghosts of Shuggazoom".
- The Ingenue
- In Love with the Mark: For Chiro initially. Although she didn't know he was her mark.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Skeleton King erased her memories of her life before meeting Chiro.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In "Ghosts of Shuggazoom".
- Mechanical Lifeform
- Mini Dress Of Power
- The Mole: At first, although she wasn't aware of it herself.
- Multicolored Hair: Pink hair with white tips.
- Mysterious Past: We never find out where she really came from or why she was aimlessly floating in space before Skeleton King found her and erased her memories.
- Nice Girl
- Non Human Lover Reveal: Chiro fell in love with her before he knew she was a robot. When he found out, he didn't mind.
- Official Couple: With Chiro.
- Off with Her Head!: She gets her head ripped off by Mandarin and Sakko in the Season 1 finale.
- People Puppets: Sakko also turns her into this in the first episode after Chiro successfully stops his control over her.
- Quest for Identity: In the first episode she leaves Shuggazoom in order to learn more about herself, but her quest is interrupted by Mandarin and Sakko and later she abandons it and decides to stay in Shuggazoom.
- Rescue Romance: She first meets Chiro when he defends her from BT and Glenny's bullying and they soon started dating.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: She could so easily pass for a human. She has emotions, she craves food, she thinks for herself... and yet we still know she's a robot.
- Robot Girl: Why she is one is unknown.
- Robotic Reveal: In the first episode. Jinmay herself was surprised.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Sweet-tempered subtype.
- Satellite Love Interest: Practically all her characterization comes from her relationship with Chiro. She gets a bit of development in Season 4, but her character is always mostly defined as Chiro's robot girlfriend.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Comes with her new Hyperforce outfit.
- Sixth Ranger: She joins the Hyperforce in season 3 as its seventh member. However, even then she only directly helps them in a few episodes.
- Super Mode: Gets one later on.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Nova's Tomboy.
- Took a Level in Badass: At the beginning of Season Three, she begins to learn to use her powers and trains with Nova to become a capable fighter and a more useful ally for the team.
- Transforming Mecha: She can transform into a Humongous Mecha.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: You better don't mess with her boyfriend in front of her.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
The Sun Riders
actors-turned-villians-turned-heroes whom Chiro once idolized, then fought against, and is now allied with. In their debut, they were working under Skeleton King in exchange for their powers, but after their defeat by the Hyperforce, they turned over a new leaf and started using their powers to guard an endangered colony on Delta 5, a volcanic planet near Shuggazoom.
- Action Girl: Aurora is a superhero.
- Adorkable: Johnny.
- Arsenal Attire: The guys. Aurora has her gun strapped to her leg.
- Back for the Finale: They return in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass Arm-Fold: Super Quasar. Oh yeah.
- Badass Creed: "Light above darkness, forever! Sun Riders, fight on!!"
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Super Quasar may not talk as much as outgoing Aurora or outspoken Johnny, but he has one of the most powerful weapons in the series.
- The Big Guy: Quasar, either Class 2 or 4.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Quasar.
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Quasar is big and muscular, Aurora is thin and curvy, Johnny is short and cute.
- Calling Your Attack: Here and there, the most frequent being Quasar's "Solar Helmet Hot Shot!"
- The Chick: Aurora Six.
- Combination Attack: The Super Solar Strike.
- Cool Bike: Used to have one, though it ended up in the hands of the Hyper Force.
- Cool Helmet: They all have them, but Quasar's stands out awesomely.
- Deal with the Devil: They wouldn't have powers if not for Skeleton King.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Chiro and his monkies beat the evil out of them.
- Faustian Rebellion: Skeleton King gave them their powers, and now they're using them against his forces!
- Fiery Redhead: Johnny's a redhead and he's also a little bundle of nerves.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Johnny, which is odd because his teammates have five fingers on each hand.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Super Quasar. "Chiro-san!"
- The Gunslinger: Aurora Six.
- Heel–Face Turn: Originally they were under contract to Skeleton King but later became Chiro's allies.
- Hello, Nurse!: Aurora's so alluring, she can get Wingding Eyes with hearts from monkeys.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Aurora Six.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Johnny. It was easier to show this after he switched sides. In his first appearance, he called his teammates "losers," saying he didn't need them, after they were knocked off of the Super Robot's shoulders (Bear in mind that he was still a villain at the time). The next time he appeared, whenever someone in the group was in danger, he expressed genuine concern and usually did something to help.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Come on, their parents couldn't have named them Super Quasar and Aurora Six.
- The Leader: Quasar is supposed to be this, but Johnny seems to fit the role better.
- Mini Dress Of Power: Aurora Six.
- Mouthy Kid: Johnny, apparently. Quasar was said to be the leader, but...
- The Power of the Sun: This is where their name comes from.
- Power Trio
- Proud Beauty: Aurora Six.Nova: So, pretty tough being the only girl on the team, huh?Aurora Six: Not when you look like me.
- Psychotic Smirk: Johnny has a surprisingly scary one.
- The Quiet One: Quasar compared to his teammates. He'd seem more like a leader if he spoke more.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: At least they have the dignity to save their posing for after they win. If they don't win, they don't pose.
- Rapid Aging: Whenever Skeleton King is near and it doesn't seem pleasant.
- Rapunzel Hair: Aurora Six.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: One of the best cases you'll ever find. Chiro idolizes them until they make a Deal with the Devil and attacked him and the team. He gets so mad after that battle, he immediately starts smashing his Sun Riders merchandise. Fifteen episodes later, they regain his respect after proving they are good guys now.
- Show Within a Show: What they were doing for a living before their Deal with the Devil.
- The Smart Guy: Johnny Sunspot.
- The Smurfette Principle: Aurora Six, but unlike Nova she isn't bothered by it.
- The Tease: Aurora takes this about as far as it can go in a TV-Y7 show.
- Think Nothing of It:Chiro: (after being rescued by Johnny) Uh, thanks.Johnny: Don't mention it. You might start thinking I'm one of the good guys. *smirks*
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Johnny Sunspot has a pair that can control black holes.
- Underwear of Power:
- Unrealistic Black Hole: Johnny can make black holes with just his gloves. He has complete control over them, can decide whether or not his target will be released, and they don't even have event horizons.
- Vocal Dissonance: Tom Kenny's voice sounds really weird in a child character like Johnny.
- Weaponized Headgear: Super Quasar.
- White Gloves: Johnny. And with them, he could put you in a black hole with a flick of his wrist.
- Youthful Freckles: Johnny because he's a child
- Zettai Ryouiki: Dial Grade A for Aurora.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: He has no Goal in Life and Chiro exploits this to break the Skeleton King's control of him.
- Genius Loci: A living planetesimal.
- Heel–Face Turn: A Skeleton King minion turned around by Chiro.
- Just Following Orders: He tries to crash against Shuggazoom because Skeleton King ordered him to do so.
Scrapperton's minions who at first pretend to be future citizens of Shuggazoom in order to trick the Hyperforce. They betray Scrapperton and become the Hyperforce's allies.
- Back for the Finale: They return in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Heel–Face Turn: They betray Scrapperton and become the Hyperforce's allies.
- Hero Worshippers: To the Hyperforce.
- Mechanical Lifeforms: People created by Scrapperton.
Voiced by: Lance HenriksonAn Ace Pilot whom Sprx admired. The Hyperforce found him floating unconscious around the wreckage of his ship, The Last Chance, and took him into the Super Robot. Near them was the Citadel of Bone, where the team realized that Quint's crew was alive, so they went in to save them. However, a tiny piece of the Citadel, which Quint had kept tied around his neck, corrupted his mind. It made him want revenge on the Citadel for wrecking his ship, rather than rescue his crew. He'd stolen the Super Robot's neutron generator and attacked Chiro and Sprx when they tried to stop him. Chiro managed to talk him back to his senses.
- Ace Pilot: If Sprx admires you, then you qualify.
- Back for the Finale: He returns in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass Normal: He doesn't have any special powers to speak of— just a laser harpoon, a helpful crew, and a ship at least a hundred times the size of the Super Robot.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Corrupted by a piece of the Citadel of Bone.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: That's really the kind of guy he is when he's not being corrupted by space bones.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Sprx loses his respect for him after Quint becomes corrupted by the Citadel of Bone but they get on good terms after Quint is talked back to his senses.
- Revenge Before Reason: Yes, Quint. Forget rescuing your crew. This Citadel of Bone made a mess of your ship, so blowing it up, along with yourself and the Hyperforce is what you need to do. Not rescue your crew!
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Against the Skeleton King for what happened to him and his crew.
- Scary Teeth: Shouldn't a human have molars?!
- You Are What You Hate: Chiro tells him this almost word-for-word, but it takes him a few seconds to realize he was right.
Neekeeta and Tikqudo
A pair of Cathurian siblings who ask the Hyperforce to help their tribe fight a group of oppressive monsters known as Mantidons after they crash in their planet.
- Back for the Finale: Neekeeta returns in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Cat Folk: Cathurian look like cat people.
- Romantic False Lead: Tikqudo for Nova.
- Training the Peaceful Villagers: Even the setting has Japanese touches, and the villagers dress as ninjas, while Chiro wears a samurai armor.
The Frog Team
Voiced by: Aaron Ruell (Suupa)A team of frogs the Hyperforce encounters in space.
- Back for the Finale: They return in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Suupa realizes he has no problem breathing in space after Gibson destroys his helmet.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Suupa and Gibson crashlanding forced them to work together and trust each other to survive. They learnt they could and that they are not so different.
- No Name Given: Only Suupa's name is ever revealed.
- Not So Different
- Petting Zoo People: Frog people.
- Self-Parody: Of the Monkey Team. They have their own Super Robot; they consist of six members of whom one, the leader, isn't a frog; they are color-coded, with the 'color matches' apparently holding the same positions on their respective teams, like Suupa and Gibson (science), the green frog and Otto (mechanics), etc.
Voiced by: Mako IwamatsuNova's Old Master. He's known as one of the greatest warriors in the galaxy and has been the mentor to the best of warriors.While the Hyperforce is chasing the Dark One Worm, Nova recommends him to train Chiro. Unfortunately, Galaxia is yet another planet that fell victim to the Worm's corruption, so the atmosphere is toxic and all of the inhabitants turned into monsters of one form or another— including Ah-Fei but he does a good job of hiding it at first. He agrees to train Chiro "if he will learn." It's the only hope the Hyperforce has, since they're stuck in a battle circuit and are not allowed to leave until Chiro defeats all of the monsters, which he eventually does. While Chiro is fighting his way up, Sprx, Gibson, and Otto look around for an exit and are led by a friendly monster to a disturbing room. Not only does this room contain many mounted monster heads, it also contains a scroll that reveals Ah-Fei's big secret: He's the one forcing these monsters to fight to the death for his amusement, all the while looking for a worthy opponent only to be disappointed every single time. Why? Because the Dark One Worm made him all Brainwashed and Crazy!Naturally, Ah-Fei is Chiro's final opponent in the circuit. He makes quick work of the monkeys, but is unable to defeat Chiro, leaving him with no choice but to allow the Hyperforce, and all of the trapped monsters, to go free.After his defeat, Ah-Fei returns to his senses and joins the Monkey Team.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: His mentality at first. He may have always been in charge of the dojo, but after he got Brainwashed and Crazy, he turned bloodthirsty and would not allow anyone to leave unless they defeated him— which no one did until Chiro arrived. Oh, and after that, Ah-Fei actually bows his head to Chiro.
- Back for the Finale: He returns in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass Beard: As part of his transformation, it even changes color.
- Badass Grandpa: He's old enough to be Chiro's grandfather and only Chiro has ever beaten him in combat.
- Badass Long Robe: He enters the battle wearing only the lower half of it.
- Badass Teacher: One would expect no less from a respected dojo master.
- Bald of Awesome
- Bare-Fisted Monk: This is his fighting style.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: They're so long that they swoop above his head, which adds to his goatlike appearance.
- Blood Knight: "Endlessly I search for a worthy opponent, but find only weaklings crushed by my wrath." ...Yeah, that line plus his room of severed heads kinda makes this clear.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The Dark One Worm made him Ax-Crazy and evil.
- The Coats Are Off: Before he enters the ring, he makes sure to throw off the top part of his robe.
- Cool Old Guy: When he's in his right mind, he's a dignified martial artist.
- Dead Guy on Display: HE HAS A ROOM FULL OF SEVERED HEADS MOUNTED ON THE WALLS.
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Does Not Like Shoes: He walks around barefoot with tape tied around his ankles. Apparently he's in the camp of "shoes would only soften my feet."
- Eyes Always Shut: Until he jumps into the ring and transforms. Then we see that he has Monochromatic Eyes.
- Flung Clothing: See The Coats Are Off above.
- Graceful Loser: When Chiro beats him fair and squre, he bows to the victor and allows him to leave.
- Growing Muscles Sequence: His transformation when he begins his battle; old man to hulk.
- Heel–Face Turn: When the Dark One Worm's corruption is neutralized.
- Hidden Evil: He hides his evilness from Chiro when they met.
- Lightning Bruiser: He can send you flying with one swing of an arm or leg (heck, he KO'd Gibson just by spinning around and flinging his lasers back at him), has an iron defense, and has no shortage of agility, either.
- Made of Iron: It took a direct blast from the Power Primate that slammed him into a brick wall to leave even a single scratch on him. He was still conscious!
- Monochromatic Eyes: Reveleaed when he opens his evil; the corruption.
- Monster Knight: Him and everyone else on the planet.
- Oh, Crap!: The look on his goatlike face when Chiro hits him with the Power Primate— twice.
- Old Master: He taught Nova and later teaches Chiro.
- Pointy Ears
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His muscled form turns his beard from white to black.
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Nova was not amused when he turned out to be Brainwashed and Crazy but she presumably came to terms with it after he returned to his senses after losing to Chiro.
- Sarashi: When fighting he wears one.
- Training from Hell: We see him put Chiro through it. He probably puts all of his students through it. He couldn't have gotten to the level he is without undergoing it himself.
- Unusual Eyebrows: They're goal-like.
- Wolverine Claws: Shiny gold ones, and the only thing keeping him from being a Badass Normal.
Prometheus V (aka Slingshot)
Voiced by: Scott MenvilleA powerful robot that the Hyperforce met in the "Corrupted Zone," a whole quadrant of planets corrupted by the Dark One Worm. The Super Robot brings the Team to said planet, where they, along with this much smaller robot, destroy a robot the size of the Super Robot. When the small robot doesn't speak to them, they follow him to a laboratory, where he seems to have disappeared. However, the Hyperforce does meet a disembodied brain in a tank; the remains of a scientist named Professor Maezono who tells them that this robot, called the Prometheus V, is malfunctioning and must be destroyed — and that the Super Robot is his prototype.However, instead of trying to destroy the Super Robot, the Prometheus V enters his head and trades information with him, revealing the truth: Professor Maezono built these robots only to find the perfect mechanical body to plant his own consciousness into.After that cat is let out of the bag, Maezono gets pissed off and unleashes a giant robot army on the Hyperforce and the Prometheus V, which he and the Super Robot fight off while the Monkey Team go to shut down the central computer in Maezono's laboratory. Unfortunately, Maezono manages to escape and Prometheus V goes after him.
- Deadpan Snarker
- In-Series Nickname: Slingshot
- Meaningful Name: Slingshot, given to him by Chiro because of his main ability.
- Mechanical Lifeform: Created to be a new body for Maezono so naturally it would be both mechanical and organic.
- Monochromatic Eyes
Voiced by: Tara StrongA warrior who the Monkey Team received a distress call from on their way back to Shuggazoom after destroying the Dark One Worm. She tells them about the Varkon Commodore, who had destroyed her home world, along with many others all for the sake of some some sick, twisted game. She called on them because she needed their help to stop him from doing any further damage.The Team agrees to help her with this, and the timing couldn't have been better, because his next target is Shuggazoom.
- Action Girl: A professional warrior on her home planet.
- Anime Hair
- Back for the Finale: She returns in the final episode to join the Hyperforce in the war against Skeleton King.
- Badass in Distress: A formidable fighter on her own but she needs help with this threat.
- Badass Normal: Looks like she can hold her own just fine with a laser whip and her hair!
- Fashionable Asymmetry
- Ms.Fanservice: Admit it. You know you're attracted to her.
- Whip It Good: Her main weapon is a whip.
Voiced by: Bruce CampbellWhile searching for Mandarin and Valina, the Hyperforce discovered an old man in a deep underground cavern wearing a helmet shaped like their emblem. After reviving him with The Sleep Cannon in reverse polarity, it's revealed that the old man is Captain Shuggazoom, previous defender of Shuggazoom City.
- Badass Grandpa: Even in his old, crippled state, he'll do whatever he can for the greater good. He still maintains enough of his old strength to defeat Mandarin with one blow.
- Captain Superhero: His superhero name is Captain Shuggazoom.
- Cool Old Guy
- Fish out of Temporal Water: In the time of his sleep, the Alchemist turned into Skeleton King; the Hyperforce was established; Mandarin betrayed the team; the team went to 'sleep'; Chiro awakened them and so on.
- Flying Brick: Possesses super-strength, durability and flight, despite those having been weathered down with decades of hibernation.
- Hero of Another Story: He was the lone protector of Shuggazoom before the Monkey Team was formed.
- I Was Quite a Looker: On top of that his hair looked like that of Chiro in hypermode.
- My Greatest Failure: He deeply regrets abandoning his dear friend the Alchemist when he needed him the most.
- Rip Van Winkle: He has been sleeping for decades due to Sleep Cannon he used to subdue the Dark One that had escaped from the Alchemist's portal as it malfunctioned. The tragic part is that he never could hold his promise to his best friend the Alchemist to come back in time.
- Secret Identity: The wealthy Billionaire Playboy industrialist Clayton Carrington.
- Shock and Awe: One of his attacks involve releasing a burst of bioelectricity.
- Wizard Beard: He is not an actual wizard, but he has an incredibly long white beard. Also justified, since he spent decades in an hibernation state, so he obviously couldn't shave.
- Back from the Dead: In the Season Four finale.
- Big Bad: Main Antagonist start to finish; it's his Evil Plan that drives everything.
- Blade on a Stick: Gains a nasty twin headed number in the Season 1 finale onward.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Cold Ham: In the Swedish dub he for the most part speak in a very low tone. Even his laugh is more of an evil chuckle instead of an all out Evil Laugh.
- The Corrupter: As Gibson noted, many have fallen under influence and sway of the Skeleton King's power in differing ways. Even indirectly, as Mr. Cogsmith, the gear staff Lord Scrapperton recently found, is revealed to be SK's staf, implying it was the one who corrupted Scrapperton.
- Darth Vader Clone: Main antagonist, wears a cape, revealed to have been a good alchemist and the creator of the Hyperforce until he was corrupted by evil. After his resurrection in the Season Four finale, his new body looks even more like Darth Vader. Bonus points for being voiced by Mark Hamill, who played the original Darth Vader's son.
- Dragon-in-Chief: To the Dark One Worm.
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Overlord
- Evil Sounds Raspy: In the Swedish dub he speaks in a low whispering rasp.
- Fangs Are Evil: Has fangs for his mandible.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: In Seasons 1 and 2 the Hyperforce don't know his overall goal.
- In the Hood: His cape gets an addition after season 1.
- Knight of Cerebus: Whenever he directly appears, things get serious.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: That whole, "plucked his eye out to turn it into a giant monster" bit.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He is the one who created the Robot Monkeys. Before he became Skeleton King, the Alchemist created the Robot Monkeys to protect the cosmos from his own evil.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Just about anything can come out of this guy's back of tricks.
- Off with His Head!: Chiro ripped his body from his head as the Dark Worm left Shuggazoom and pulled Skeleton King with it.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Skeleton King became this fully by the end, wanting nothing more than to turn all of Shuggazoom and the rest of the universe into a massive tomb, with the undead reigning supreme to devour the living at his command.
- One-Winged Angel: Briefly after being tossed into the Formless ooze cauldron on his ship. He's knocked out of it after a while.
- Orcus on His Throne: In Season 1. Justified as at the time, he was spiritually linked to the Citadel of Bone and unable to leave it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His red eyes makes even more obvious his status as the main villain.
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip: In "In the Grip of Evil", he uses this against Nova by briefly transforming into the Alchemist with whom Nova had a Daddy's Girl relationship with.
- Skull for a Head: More realistic after his rebirth.
- Stalker Without A Crush: To Chiro. He had a room full of Chiro's stuff in the Citadel, but was only interested in his Power Primate and his role as an opponent in the "universal game of good vs evil."
- Staying Alive: No matter what the Hyperforce do to him, he'll be back.
- Straw Nihilist: He refers to all life as a " tragic, pointless mistake." After his revival, he announces he'll make Shuggazoom his tomb.
- Tragic Monster: He was the Alchemist, a kind magician who got corrupted by Mandarin's fault.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Valina brought him back to life, he rewarded her by destroying her.
- Was Once a Man: He once was the Alchemist, a kindly master of the elements of science and magic until he was corrupted by The Dark Ones, a race of trans-dimensional demons and became their most loyal servant.
- Xanatos Gambit: His favorite technique. Many of his minor schemes were part of much bigger plans.
Voiced by: James HongThe sixth (and orange) monkey, who was the original leader of the Super Robot Monkey Team. He was banned from the monkey team and became its enemy. He joined forces with Skeleton King, only to be replaced with a younger formless ooze replica of himself.His weapons as a member of the Monkey Team were an energy sword and shield.
- All Your Powers Combined: He possesses great knowledge of the Power Primate and psychic abilities (Antauri), deadly martial arts skills (Nova), advanced technological expertise (Otto), a keen understanding of science and biology (Gibson), and is a skilled aircraft pilot (SPRX-77). It's no wonder it took the whole Monkey team to defeat him in the first place.
- Ambition Is Evil: He wanted to rule all of Shuggazoom, and that earned him a one-way ticket to a Face–Heel Turn (also to solitary confinement on a space prison).
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The big to Sakko's little.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: It shrinks over time, but when he first shows up, they're huge.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His main weapon was his laser blade.
- Blood Knight: It's never really outright stated he loves to fight, but his natural aggression and scorn for people who can't fight well or choose not to points to this.
- Body Horror: He mutates after being swallowed by the Dark One Worm and living in its stomach for a few months, disfigured by acid and with a claw having grown where his arm had been severed.
- Broken Ace: According to Antauri, Mandarin was by far the wisest, smartest and strongest of the robot monkeys. Unfortunately, he was also the most malicious and ambitious, which lead to him getting banned from the monkey team and joining forces with Skeleton King.
- Broken Pedestal: For the whole of the Monkey Team because of his betrayal, but probably the most for Otto, who used to be the closest to him.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Combat Pragmatist: See In the Back.
- Determinator: "I. Am. UNSTOPPABLE."
- The Dragon: He's the Skeleton Kings.
- Evil Counterpart: To Antauri. They've both got the whole "mentor" thing going on, except Mandarin's evil.
- Face–Heel Turn: After being banned, he joined forces with Skeleton King.
- Facial Horror: Gets half of his face burned with acid.
- Fallen Hero: He used to be The Leader of the Hyperforce but now he's one of its worst enemies.
- Fangs Are Evil: His teeth are noticeably more pointed than the rest of the monkeys.
- Funny Animal
- Go Mad from the Isolation: He spends an undefined amount of time all alone inside the Dark One Worm. When he finally resurfaces in the plot, it's clear he's gone a little bonkers.
- In the Back: Of Antuari's head.
- Jerkass: Was said to be this even before his Face–Heel Turn and this is proven when it's shown how he crossed the Moral Event Horizon by torturing Nova while he was still considered a good guy. He even seemed to be this while the Robots Monkeys were just regular monkeys in the care of the Alchemist.
- The Leader: Until his betrayal he was this for the Hyperforce.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Besides his laser blade, he had a shield.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Monkey Mind Scream.
- Meaningful Name: Mandarin is the name of a type of orange. Doubles as a Mandarin is a type of monkey. Also triples because he became a subordinate/student of the Skeleton King and the name means "adviser to the king."
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: When the monkeys still lived with the Alchemist, he was the who caused the portal to the Dark Ones' dimension to malfunction. This enabled one of them to corrupt and turn the Alchemist into Skeleton King in the first place.
- Not Quite Dead: After being eaten alive by the Dark One Worm he reappears an entire season later, though admittedly worse for the wear.
- Personal Gain Hurts: He wanted to rule Shuggazoom instead of protect it. Very bad idea.
- Pet the Dog: VERY subtle, but he during his partnership with Sakko he doesn't seem to have a problem with letting the smaller monkey ride around on his shoulder or in his hand (which doesn't sound like much, but considering who's being discussed here, it's still noteworthy).
- Pride: Defining character trait, second only (if that) to his ruthlessness.
- Psychic Powers: In his first appearance, he was able to perform levitation and telekinesis just like Antauri. He loses these powers in his next appearance.
- Put on a Bus to Hell: Twice.
- The first time is when he's replaced by his clone and is dragged away by two HUGE formelss, kicking and screaming in fear. We're never told what exactly happens to him, but there's more than enough implications.
- Second time, the clone is eaten by the Dark One Worm. The expression he gives us before the fact makes it really clear that what's about to happen isn't going to be pleasant for him...
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: He was originally The Sixth Monkey and the leader of the Hyperforce before Chiro, but the team had to get rid of him because he turned evil.
- Smug Snake: Treats everyone like they're beneath him; Chiro is inferior and the monkey robots are mere tools.
- Swallowed Whole: By the Dark One Worm.
- Torture Technician: He brutally tortures the Monkey Team (sans Gibson and Chiro) when they are captured by Skeleton King. He actually was this since before his Face–Heel Turn, given what he did to Nova during her "training" against cold weather.
- The Undead: Of the Revenant variety after the Dark One Worm incident.
- We Can Rule Together: He initially attempts this with Chiro, with the expected results.
- Would Hurt a Child: In the episode Night Of Fear, Mandarin turned Chiro from teenager to a helpless child without the Power Primate to defend himself. He takes sick pleasure in hunting him through the Super Robot before attempting the killing blow.
- You Have Failed Me: The original is disposed of after he botches up a cloning operation of Chiro (which could also count as Death by Irony, as afterwords he's replaced by a clone of himself).
Valina, the Skull Sorceress
Voiced by: Hynden WalchAn evil and powerful sorceress loyal to the Skeleton King. She acts as the main antagonist in Season 4 before Skeleton King's resurrection.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Valina was an evil bitch, but one can't help but feel sorry for her when she is killed without warning by the Skeleton King she adored. Her parents don't even know that the Skeleton King, who they worshipped, disintegrated her.
- Arc Villain: In Season Four between Skeleton King's defeat and revival.
- Calling the Old Man Out: To her parents Ma and Pa Shinko after they steal Skeleton King's power.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- The Chosen One: A villainous example. The leaders of the Skeletal Circle and her parents, Ma and Pa Shinko chose her to accept Skeleton King's power.
- Dark Action Girl
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Evil Counterpart: To Jinmay.
- Evil Makeover: Her current appearance is the result of receiving Skeleton King's power.
- Fangirl: For Skeleton King. She was delighted to receive his power.
- Fangs Are Evil
- Fingerless Gloves
- I Control My Minions Through...: Fear, that's how she got Mandarin under her thumb, anyway.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: She subjects Mandarin to a Cold-Blooded Torture in order to force him to tell her where he hid the Skeleton King's skull.
- Knight of Cerebus: Whenever she hits the scene, things become notably more dire, simply because she's trying to resurrect the Skeleton King and is powerful enough to succeed.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: She's may be a scrawny sorceress, but she can also keep up and defeat Chiro and Jinmay at physical combat. She can also move at speeds with fortitude to where she can break through the Super Robot and dispatch the entire Monkey Team without being noticed.
- Lady of Black Magic
- No Body Left Behind: Her body is completely destroyed by Skeleton King.
- Opera Gloves
- Pointy Ears
- Psycho Supporter: Again, for SK.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Skunk Stripe: Has a red stripe in the middle of her head.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Valina/Valeena.
- Technicolor Eyes: They're bright pink.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Was once an innocent young girl before her own parents, Ma and Pa Shinko, introduced her to Skeleton King to serve as his witch and emissary and warped by his dark powers to look like she does now.
- Villainous Valor: She fought damn hard against her parents, but was ultimately outmatched.
- Virgin Sacrifice: Attempts to do this to Jinmay when we first meet her. Although nobody outright calls it this, there's only so many ways one can interpret her saying Jinmay's "purity" will make a good offering to the Dark One Worm...
- Wicked Witch: A sorceress in the image of the Skeleton King, powerful enough to knock out the whole Hyperforce with singular attacks alone.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Skeleton King kills her literally minutes after she successfully brought him Back from the Dead.
TV Monster/Skeleton King Droid
- Mechanical Lifeform
- Staying Alive: This thing is Nigh Invulnerable even by robot standards. It survived explosion after explosion, getting attacked directly constantly, and getting impaled by a laser harpoon!
- TV Head Robot: It's in his name.
Voiced by: Tom KennyA tiny monkey who once acted as Jinmay's pet, but is actually a spy for Skeleton King. He is currently imprisoned in the prison on Ranger 7.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The little to Mandarin's big.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Creepy Crossdresser
- Electronic Eye: He had a mechanical eye in his first appearance.
- Eyepatch of Power: Sakko can be seen wearing an eyepatch for the remainder of his appearances after Skeleton King removed his artificial eye at the end of the first episode.
- Eye Scream: Apparently, SK gave him an artificial eye when he started to work for him (no word whether or not he'd been missing an eye before this or if SK just replaced it). Then when Sakko failed him he ripped it out. With an audible pop.
- Funny Animal
- The Mole: Infiltrated the city and the Hyperforce as Jinmay's pet.
- Talking Animal: Talking monkey. Probably one of the Alchemist's lost creations.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Inverted. Sakko wears a girly dress and a ribbon, has pink fur and long eyelashes... and he's a male monkey.
Voiced by: Eric Idle, Jeff Bennett (as Robo-Ape Alfa)Also known as Duke Scrapperton, Grand Earl of the Mecha Realm. Once a mortal man who replaced every part of his body with a mechanical part.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Once he is revealed to be an antagonist, he relishes in it.
- Catch-Phrase: "A leftover from my human days."
- Companion Cube: His staff Cogsmith in his debut episode, made worse when you learn it's the Skeleton King's staff.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: He became notably more corrupt as he became addicted to replacing his biological parts with mechanical ones. However, he implied after deceiving Chiro that he may have been corrupt since his human days.
- Or his possession of the Skeleton King's staff, and direct application of it to his brain, might have had something to do with it, which would make this a subversion. He seems friendly and benign enough about his obsessions - their only known arguably negative effect being on he himself - until his (notably, most recent) objective is revealed, and he becomes noticeably more Ax-Crazy after using it on his brain again. His benign personality may be genuine.
- Cyborg: Had lost his leg as a human and built a mechanical prostetic. However, he couldn't resist further "upgrades" after this.
- Mechanical Lifeform: He's a human living in a 100% mechanical body.
- Verbal Tic: "tic-toc"
- Was Once a Man: He used to be human but made himself into a robot.
Voiced by: Jeffrey CombsA sad and lonely man who is a fan of the Hyperforce, and this fanaticism eventually turned into an obsession. He brainwashes the Robot Monkeys to make them believe he is Chiro and turns them against the real one. He is imprisoned in the prison on Ranger 7, but returns in Season 4 and captures Chiro and the Robot Monkeys in his mind using a matter-to-brainwave conversion device he invented called the Neuro-Matter Reconfigutron.
- Fan Boy: Admires the Hyperforce.
- Freudian Excuse: When asked by Chiro why he became so obsessed with the Hyperforce, he sadly explained that being raised by a robot mother made him intelligent but provided him no warmth or affection, causing him to feel alone, helpless, and longing for love and a true family. Later he discovered the Hyperforce and saw his chance to being loved, admired, and a part of a family, making him obsessed with being part of the team regardless of what he had to do to make it so.
- I Reject Your Reality: He doesn't get that he's a villain why the Hyperforce dislike him.
- Knight Templar: Joining the Hyperforce would mean he'd get to do good (he'd probably even say he doesn't belong in this folder), but the way he went about it is what cements him as a villain.
- Last-Name Basis
- Loony Fan: Only a loon would seek to capture, replace and brainwash that which he admires.
- Madden Into Misanthropy:Krinkle: No! That's what everyone says! You're just like all the rest! I'm sick of humanity!
- Mental World: Krinklezoom? Seriously?
- No Body Left Behind: After the Hyperforce escapes from his mind, Krinkle disappears into the Neuro-Matter Reconfiguration seconds before the machine explodes and is never seen again.
- Raised by Robots: He was raised by a robot mother.
- The Team Wannabe: He wants to be on the Hyperforce.
Dread Magician Nodnarb
The most powerful mage in the kingdom in the planet Tolomac 3. He is said to protect the kingdom from a dragon, but actually he is the dragon.
- Bald of Evil
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He doesn't take it well when the "Square-Headed Knight" receives all the princess' attention.
- Evil Redhead
- Gold Digger: He seems to be interested in the princess because of her treasures.
- Lean and Mean
- One-Winged Angel: The evil dragon transformation is a classic. You might say he's an Expy of Maleficent.
Voiced by: Wil WheatonSoturix 7's emperor who forces Chiro to survive on his own in the desert and find the missing Robot Monkeys.
Cloggy Colon Creature
- An Ice Person: Ice creature with ice powers.
- Macguffin Guardian: He appears near the end of the series as the guardian of the Ice Crystal of Vengeance.
Voiced by: Michael YorkAntauri's teacher who works for the Skeleton King. He was part of a group of mages that protected the cosmos from a group of creatures called the Dark Ones which are creatures that have been dormant in the center of many planets, but he was brainwashed by the Skeleton King and is now trying to use the Power Primate to awaken the Dark One Worm. This leads to his demise by being blasted with the Power Primate from Chiro.
- Because Destiny Says So: The reason he gives for his Face–Heel Turn.Antauri: How could you betray us?!
- Broken Pedestal: To Antauri. And unlike Quint, Offay, and the Sun Riders, he never got the chance to rebuild it.
- Enlightened Antagonist: He was the high mystic of group of spiritual monks who protected the cosmos from evil and sealed away a group of creatures called the Dark Ones. He was also once Antauri's master in the mystic arts and taught him in the ways of mystical energy and the Power Primate. He was later revealed to be corrupted by the Skeleton King and considered serving him and the Dark Ones as the true fate of the cosmos.
- Face–Heel Turn: Brainwashed into it by the Skeleton King.
VX 808 Modular Computer Tracking Probe
Voiced by: S. Scott BullockA robot whose colony was destroyed by Skeleton King, and is now bent on destroying anyone and everything that ever had contact with Skeleton King, including the Hyperforce. After being destroyed, he's fused with TV Monster and creates the Skeleton King Droid.
- Mechanical Lifeform: Robot.
Voiced by: John KassirA genie like alien creature who appears before the Hyperforce promising to grant their hearts with three wishes. He is set free when the three wishes are granted.
- Jackass Genie
- Reality Warper: Genie powers enable him to shape the world according to wishes.
- Rhetorical Request Blunder: "Purposefully or with a doubt, a wish is a wish when spoken out."
- Wishplosion: Otto outsmarts the Wigglenog and wishes the Hyperforce never met him after faking him out with three new wishes.
Voiced by: Dee Bradley BakerNow a disembodied brain, Professor Jakus Maezono was one of the human scientists who worked on the Prometheus Project and assisted in the creation of the Super Robot. He wanted to transfer his consciousness into the Prometheus Five model, thus allowing him to live forever as the ultimate super-weapon. Dr. Takeuchi, his friend and fellow scientist attempted to stop him but was killed in the process.
- Bald of Evil: Back when he had a head, anyway...
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Dead Person Impersonation: He pretends to be Dr. Takeuchi when he meets the Hyperforce.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Prometheus V lampshades the Hyperforce's Genre Blindness about who is the real bad guy.
- The Disembodied: He's a Brain in a Jar.
- Immortality Seeker: The fruit of his research was to enable him to live forever.
- Mad Scientist: Creating powerful robots, disembodiment, delusions of immortality, yup he fights the bill.
- Manipulative Bastard: He tricks the Hyperforce into thinking Prometheus V is the bad guy.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate
Voiced by: Arthur BurghardtAn Omnicidal Maniac who plays Galactic Smash. He uses a cheat device that can predict the future and Alliana steals it in order to stop him.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Death Is Cheap: He has extra lives.
- Fat Bastard: It looks like he's bloated by evil (and a bunch of other junk).
- Omnicidal Maniac: He goes from planet to planet killing people. Alliana's was his most recent target.
Owner of the Shuggazoom Museum who traps the Hyperforce in the different periods of history of Shuggazoom.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Evil Is Hammy
- Identical Grandson: All his ancestors look exactly like him.
- Lean and Mean
The Wild Five
A group of evil space bikers who kidnap Nova and Jinmay and reprogram Jinmay.
- Badass Bikers: Evil biker kidnappers.
- Card Carrying Villains
- Outlaw Couple: The Leader and the hairy Smurfette Principle are an item.
- Token Good Teammate: The Pig Man.
The captain of a submarine at the depths of Shuggazoom City's lake who asks the Hyperforce to help him seal a Sea Monster, but he actually wants to release it.
- Devil in Plain Sight
- Broken Pedestal: To Gibson.
- Fish People: What he "saves" the Team from. And what he becomes if he touches water.
- Manipulative Bastard: He tricks the Hyperforce into helping fulfill his Evil Plan.
- Revenge: He wants to take revenge against Shuggazoom City for expelling his people.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Water.
Ma and Pa Shinko
- Abusive Parents: To Valina.
- Bald of Evil: Pa.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Pa.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Card Carrying Villains
- The Chooser of The One: They chose Valina to be Skeleton King's temporary successor.
- Evil All Along: The arcade was a front to hide Valina's training and service to Skeleton king.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: They are Valina's parents. Certainly no one saw that coming.
- Milkman Conspiracy: An evil cult that worships Skeleton King turns out to be led by none other than the elderly owners of the local arcade.
- Not So Harmless Villains
- One-Winged Angel: They use Skeleton King's power to turn themselves into monsters.
- Unholy Matrimony: Evil and Happily Married.
- Walking Spoiler: Considering the kindly looking citizens that we've been seeing since season one are being lumped in the villains folder, yeah.
- We Can Rule Together: They offer Valina to join them, but she refuses.
The Dark Ones
A legion of trans-dimensional demons. They are the spawn of a malevolent force with the intention to erase all life from the universe.
- Eldritch Abomination: Just look at them!
- The Corrupter: They can corrupt planets into Death Worlds and corrupt people into villains.
- Greater-Scope Villain: They are far and away more dangerous than Skeleton King but he's the brains behind them and the root of the problem.
- The Legions of Hell: Trans-dimensional demons.
- The Man Behind the Man: The Skeleton King is nothing more but a pawn or herald to these nightmarish things.
- Ultimate Evil: The malevolent force that spawned them for the purpose of erasing all life in the cosmos definitely counts as this.
Big Bad, Skeleton King.
- The Corruption: He was corrupted by The Dark Ones and turned into the Skeleton King.
- Duality Motif: His right eye is red, the left one is a light-blue. It seems to indicate his ability to use both science and magic as well as his transformation into Skeleton King.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He was only known as "The Alchemist". Even his closest friend Captain Shuggazoom called him that.
- Fatherly Scientist: He apparently was close to his creations the Robot Monkeys, especially Nova. In Captain Shuggazoom's flashback, we get to see The Alchemist really acted like their father even back when they were normal monkeys.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He did this to the Robot Monkeys, so they could forget about him and be willing to fight him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When the portal to the Dark One's dimension malfunctions, the pathway opens and one demon escapes.What have I unleashed?!
- Proverbial Wisdom: He likes to use metaphors when guiding Chiro, Antauri and Nova through the land of dreams.Nova: Yeesh! He talks like you, Antauri!
- The Reveal: He is the Skeleton King, the creator of the Robot Monkeys and a close friend of Captain Shuggazoom. It's hinted at that he used to work alongside Professor Maezono and Dr. Takeuchi on the Prometheus Project. He left at an indeterminate time before Maezono tried to transfer his mind into the Prometheus V, taking the Super Robot with him to Shuggazoom.
- Significant Double Casting: There is a reason he and the Skeleton King shares the voice of Mark Hamill.
BT and Glenny
A pair of guys who are usually seen hanging around Shuggazoom City.
- Black Best Friend: Glenny to BT.
- The Bully: Their role in the plot is petty name calling and other antics.
- Fat and Skinny: Glenny is the thick one, while BT is tall and lanky.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Those Two Guys: They are regularly recurring characters, who interacted directly with Chiro in the first two seasons, namely by teasing or mocking him. They are likely from the same school Chiro visited, as their outfits share similar design aspects and they know each other. They've shifted into the background come season 4.
Voiced by: Frank WelkerA tiny little fur ball that hailed from an unknown planet. It was rescued by the team on Ranger 7, but turned out to be a trap set by Skeleton King. It can transform into a giant monster, although it is not evil by nature. Its lick is a repellent for Skeleton King's virus.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: A tiny little fur ball.
- Shout-Out: A furball voiced by Frank Welker. Sound Familiar?
- Team Pet: Briefly for the Hyperforce before it revealed its true nature.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Tiny little fur ball to giant monster.
The Circus of Ooze Crew
- Bandage Babe: The Jungle Girl.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By the Skeleton King. On their own they are not dangerous.
- Circus of Fear: Because of the Skeleton King they seek to scare instead of amuse.
- Hello, Nurse!: The Jungle Girl.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: The Jungle Girl; in the page image her waist is thinner than her arms.
- Monster Clowns: Due to Skeleton King's influence.
- Ms. Fanservice: The Jungle Girl.
- Snake People: The Jungle Girl.
- Snakes Are Sexy: The Jungle Girl.
King Stuna Modi
Voiced by: Rip TaylorKing of the kingdom in the planet Tolomac 3. The word Tolomac itself is Camelot spelled backwards and slightly different.
- Ink-Suit Actor: When you think about it, he looks like his voice actor, even though he looks more like a lion.
- Knighting: To the Super Robot, who he calls the "Square-Headed Knight".
Voiced by: Kari WahlgrenPrincess of the kingdom in the planet Tolomac 3.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To the "Square-Headed Knight".
- Gonk: Look at her page image; she's hideous.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: That's why her dress is pink.
Surthanna and Corlyann
- Bratty Teenage Daughters: Manipulating a kid clearly younger than them to run away from their father can't be anything but bratty. The potential name for their debut (and only) episode actually was "Bratty Pair." Presumably, it was changed as it gave away the reveal.
- Curtains Match the Window: Their hair colors match their eye colors.
- Cyclops: Their true form.
- Facial Markings: Surthanna.
- Girlish Pigtails: Corlyann.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Surthanna.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Their disguise is two attractive pink and blue skinned girls.
- Made a Slave: They say a monster enslaved them. They're lying.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Surthanna fits the cheery and optimistic subtype.
- Shapeshifting Squick: Their true forms are not so appealing to human Chiro.
- Starfish Aliens: Their true form is cyclopic squid things.
- The Tease: Both of them spend the episode teasing their 'hero'.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Between Green-Skinned Space Babe and Starfish Aliens.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Surthanna and Corlyann have pink and blue hair in their humanoid forms respectively.
- Youthful Freckles: Corlyann.
Other of the scientists who worked on the Prometheus Project and assisted in the creation of the Super Robot. He died when stopping Professor Maezono from transferring his consciousness into the Prometheus V model.
- Posthumous Character: He doesn't receive any characterisation save for comments made by Slingshot and Maezono, who is an Unreliable Narrator, and some very short flashbacks.
Voiced by: Jim CummingsA mysterious entity the Hyperforce encounters after getting lost in a wormhole and ending up in the Macrocosm. Part of a race called the Sentient. He is able to communicate with the Super Robot.