open/close all folders
People Who First Wrestled in 2002
A Indy worker in the New York area who trained under Mike Quackenbush. As he debuted in 2000, he is not counted as a member of the original class, but is a honorary member. Led the Night Shift, a Power Trio
of himself and two of the original class rookies in Hallowicked and Ichabod Slayne (the future Icarus), until Slayne broke away from them. Then he continued on in a tag team with Hallowicked until UltraMantis went to the dark side dubbing himself UltraMantis Black. This unit was called the Dark Breed. He continued to lead this unit until his retirement in 2004. But, he would return in the 2005 Tag World Grand Prix, and would still be aligned with the Dark Breed. In 2006, he sided with UltraMantis Black when the Dark Breed split, and served as a brief member of the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple. His last match in November of 2006 saw him making peace with Hallowicked, and staying out of CHIKARA for good. That is, until he returned for one night at the 2012 season finale to aid Mantis once more.
- Back from the Dead: Mantis tends to claim that Blind Rage has literally risen from his grave whenever he returns to CHIKARA.
- Bald of Awesome: Lost his hair sometime between 2006 and 2012. It didn't seem to hurt his wrestling any.
- Big Bad: Of seasons one and two.
- Dem Bones: Used to wear a bandana with a skeleton-teeth design. Since his 2012 occasional return, he's been painting his face as a skull.
- Goth: Was identified as such.
- Improbable Weapon User: The Night Shift regularly used pumpkins, specifically, Jack-O-Lanterns in the promotion's early months. It was explained on the June 21, 2002 show that Mister ZERO had become their supplier due to receiving an over-shipment of them.
- Power Trio: Led both the Night Shift and Dark Breed.
- Put on a Bus: Retired in May of 2004.
- The Bus Came Back: Wrestled a sizable amount in 2005 (even in the tag World and Cibernetico) and 2006 before going back into retirement, until he made a return to join the Spectral Envoy in battling Delirious and the Batiri. He's officially semi-active as of 2013, although there's no word on how long that will last yet.
- Real Men Wear Pink: For a short time he had his hair dyed pale pink.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Tag Team:
- The Gold Bond Mafia, w/CM Punk and Chris Hero
- (as Matt Classic): The Throwbacks
Lester "Darkness" Crabtree
- The Bus Came Back: After about six years away, Dragonfly returned near the end of 2008 for an alumni battle royal and has since generally made at least one appearance each year.
- Back for the Dead: In 2012, another Dragonfly return appears to have been solely for 17 to injure and re-retire him.
- Flat Character: Didn't have much of one, especially compared to the others.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Was pretty well this by the rest of his fellow rookies.
- Bald of Evil: Post un-masking.
- The Bus Came Back: After staying away from CHIKARA for a year and a half, he returned to seek revenge on his ex-stablemates at the end of season ten. He subsequently ran the gauntlet against F.I.S.T. and defeated Icarus in a ladder match to win the rights to a full time contract.
- Parts Unknown: "Afar, PA"
- Put on a Bus: After being kicked out of F.I.S.T. in 2010 he disappeared from Chikara for a year and a half - although he worked other indies, including the vaguely Chikara-affiliated Dragon Gate USA during that time.
- Possibly bussed out again in 2014, as he has stated multiple times that he has not yet been contacted about a return.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- The Stoic
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Turned in 2005 and didn't look back until he got kicked out of F.I.S.T. in 2010.
- Tag Team: (Team) F.I.S.T., with Icarus and Chuck Taylor, until he was kicked out in favor of Johnny Gargano.
- Take That: After returning in 2012, Akuma named his rolling Death Valley Driver the "MP4," in contrast to Icarus' "Blu-Ray." As he explained on Twitter, "Because I stole it."
- All Hallows' Eve: Well, yes. He has a pumpkin-like stem on the top of his mask, and his shirt is cut to resemble a Jack-O'-Lantern.
- Seems to have abandoned this for a Dia de Los Muertos-style look as of A New Start, though he's kept the stem.
- Brainwashed: After Ultramantis Black defeated Delirious in a career vs career match at Tomorrow Never Dies, Delirious got the last laugh by using the Eye of Tyr on Hallowicked to force him to turn rudo.
- Dark Is Not Evil: From 2006 onwards.
- The Dragon: To Blind Rage and UltraMantis Black.
- Evil Costume Switch: Seen in the season 15 premier, he and Frightmare have switched from pumpkin motifs to something resembling skulls a la "Dia De Los Muertos.
- Hard Head: Kingston headbutted him during their Falls Count Anywhere Match at Chapter 11, November 18, 2007, and Kingston was the one who sold it.
- Literary Allusion Title: One of his Finishing Moves is called Go 2 Sleepy Hollow".
- Real Song Theme Tune: Laibach's "God Is God"
- Red Baron: "The Nightmare Warrior"
- Shout-Out: His and Frightmare's new symbol◊ is straight out of Warhammer.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: He debuted as a rudo, but turned tecnico some time in 2004 and stayed tecnico until Delirious brainwashed him.
- The Unintelligible: Only speaks in gibberish, although his tag partners seem to understand him.
- As of February 2015, this no longer applies.
- Big Bad: For 2005-2007.
- Bigger Bad: During the BDK angle. Even though he was gone from CHIKARA well before it started, much of the stable had roots in Hero's machinations.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Had a big one in the finals of the 2005 Tag World Grand Prix.
- Knight of Cerebus: His turning shaped the very future of all events of CHIKARA to this very day.
- Parts Unknown: "Metropolis"
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Ralph Cardall's "It's A Bird, It's A Plane"
- Stone Temple Pilots' "Dead and Bloated"
- Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero"
- The Kings of Wrestling (Hero and Castagnoli) used Queen's "We Are The Champions"
- Unperson: Chris Hero had a legitimate falling out with CHIKARAnote . CHIKARA suppresses discussion and speculation to the point that bringing it up at all is a bannable offense on the fan forums, and his name is autocensored on the message board as either "John Kerry" or "Duke Droese." Fans get around the autocensor by referring to him as "a certain Heroic figure" or by his WWE developmental name Kassius Ohno.
Icarus (formerly Ichabod Slayne)
- The Chew Toy: Truly a rudo everybody loved to hate, probably the single most hated rudo in CHIKARA history.
- Until the BDK came along. He actually got cheered during the Torneo Cibernetico match against them at The Dark Ciberknetico.
- Defied again starting in mid-2013, as his willingness to step up and defend CHIKARA when nobody else would gradually made him beloved by fans. He's been loudly cheered and chanted for since.
- Don't Explain the Joke: His Death Valley Driver is called the "Blu-ray".
- He does his version by driving his victim into the turnbuckles. The name is explained: "It's just that much better than a DVD!"
- Embarrassing Tattoo: To the point where many fans don't even know him as Icarus, just "that guy with the stupid back tattoo".
- Tursas has referred to him on Twitter (in-character) as "Backstain."
- Now in t-shirt form!
- It's worth noting that part of his Heel-Face Turn involved covering the tattoo up.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Was one as Ichabod Slayne, dropped when he turned Tecnico the first time and when he lost the mask and became Icarus.
- The Hero: Of mid-2013 and 2014 against the Titor Conglomerate and the Flood.
- Homage: His ring gear in 2013 was a tribute to Marty Jannetty, who he idolizes.
- Icarus Allusion: Of course.
- Improbable Weapon User: At Aniversario: A Horse of Another Color, at the start of the Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black/Hallowicked)/Icarus/Mister ZERO/Dragonfly vs. GEKIDO match, Icarus smashed a pumpkin he had brought with him onto combatANT's head.
- Keet: In his early days as a tecnico.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: He killed Deucalion at the Season 14 finale. Given the Deucalion was the most evil person ever to step foot into CHIKARA with a fatality rate nearly into the double digits, few tears were shed for him.
- Large Ham: Will go to some truly ridiculous lengths to get a laugh. Like being on the receiving end of a swirlie from Mr. Touchdown.
- Leitmotif: For several of his Ashes videos, a simple piano melody that plays during the introductory scenes. It was later incorporated into his current theme, Soar.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Was able to wield the Hammer of War against Deucalion.
- Real Song Theme Tune
- (as Ichabod Slayne): Laibach's "God Is God"
- (as Icarus): blur's "Song 2"
- Orgy's "Blue Monday"
- Red Baron: "The Winged Ring Warrior". Potentially misleading, as he isn't really a high flyer.
- Rudo Tecnico Revolving Door: Started as a rudo with the Night Shift (as Ichabod Slayne). Turned tecnico later in 2002. Back to rudo in 2005 (with Gran Akuma), then spent until mid-2013 as a rudo. Though he showed signs of turning while teaming with Sugar Dunkerton during season 12, it took CHIKARA closing to truly cement his status as a tecnico, as he took a stand against the Titor Conglomerate when no one else would and started the #IAmCHIKARA movement.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: When towel snapped in the back of the head by Shane Storm after losing his hair for the first time.
- Shout-Out: His current look and ring gear are one to The Greatest American Hero. The theme song was also invoked for him twice during the Ashes video series, but inexplicably replaced for the movie.
- Spiritual Successor: To Mike Quackenbush now that Quack's retired from the ring - his gear at least is obviously inspired by Quack's.
- He was seen stealing one of Quack's wrestling shirts in one of the Ashes Of videos, though this turned out to be part of an attempt to get Quack out of his depression.
- Green-Eyed Monster: His motivation for turning on Quackenbush at the end of Season 12.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Mid 2014, left GEKIDO and The Flood rather than beat up his brother, but without returning to CHIKARA, only declaring that he was going to "find his own way."
- The Hero: Of 2004 against Larry Sweeney.
- The Lancer: In recent years, to Quack.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: In 2004.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: Jigsaw turned on Quack in late 2012 after Quack started trying to injure the GEKIDO wrestlers, saying that they need guidance not broken bones. Although Jig's point is acknowledged even by the tecnicos to have some merit, in his first match post-turn he wrestled as a pure Rudo. Also, it's been speculated that the reason he gave was just to cover up the real reason he turned - he was tired of being Quackenbush's Lancer and wants to become the Quackenbush of GEKIDO.
- Motive Decay: Although his stated reason for turning heel was disagreement with Quack's method of handling the GEKIDO and the implied reason was jealousy, after turning he doesn't seem to have any particular motivations other than Be A Heel For the Evulz.
- Red Baron: "A Wrestling Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma"
- What the Hell, Hero?: Invoked by Jigsaw against Quackenbush during the feud with GEKIDO.
- Wrestling Family: His brother is Jolly Roger. This wasn't really acknowledged until 2014 and the aforementioned situation where Jigsaw quit The Flood rather than beat up Roger.
- The Ace: From when he turned tecnico to fight the BDK in early 2010 through about the beginning of 2013.
- Badass: He's so badass, he manages to easily avert Badbutt in a family-friendly promotion.
- Blood Knight: From 2007 to 2010.
- Brooklyn Rage: Well, like Tommy Dreamer (see below), Yonkers isn't part of New York City, but the rage is there.
- Cassandra Truth: Spent all of 2009 insisting that Claudio Castagnoli was the bad guy.
- Determinator: A major part of his tecnico character since 2010 has been the fact that he will not give up. Extends to real life as well, as he refuses to take time off to rehab some pretty serious knee injuries as long as he holds the Grand Championship.
- Expy/Fanboy: Of/for Tommy Dreamer. At CHIKARA Aniversario Elf, May 23, 2010, Kingston defeated Dreamer by DQ when evil BDK referee Derek Sabato disqualified Dreamer for grabbing his shirt. Then Claudio Castagnoli and Ares ran in to save Sabato from Dreamer piledriving him. This led to Dreamer and Kingston fighting together against the BDK. Afterwards, Dreamer acknowledged how Kingston used to come see him wrestle, and Kingston said that Dreamer was his inspiration to get out of Yonkers and become a wrestler. This led to Dreamer and Kingston teaming up, unsuccessfully, against Castagnoli and Ares at Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Show on July 25th.
- Playing Card Motifs: During his time as half of The Wildcards and for a while after, Kingston used the Ace of Diamonds.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Jay-Z's "Blueprint2"
- Kanye West's "Diamonds from Sierra Leone"
- T.I.'s "What You Know About That"
- "Money Making Blueprint" by DJ Sonic
- Red Baron: "The King of Diamonds," "The Last of a Dying Breed," "The War King"
- Shout-Out: His spinning backfist Finishing Move is called the "Backfist to the Future".
- Tag Team: The Wildcards, with Black Jack Marciano
- The Roughnecks, with Brodie Lee and Grizzly Redwood
- Tecnico Rudo Revolving Door: Started as a Rudo, became a Tecnico in 2005, went back to being a Rudo in 2007, was a Tecnico starting in 2010, then started a slow Rudo turn around the beginning of 2013, eventually reaching full-fledged Rudo status in 2014.
- Token Evil Teammate: His Tecnico turn in 2010 had more to do with wanting to fight Claudio Castagnoli and The Bruderschaft than actually being a tecnico. He did eventually turn Tecnico for real, though.
- Seems to have become this for CHIKARA as a whole in 2014, after splitting from the Flood.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Pants: The Puerto Rican flag, since he's half-Irish, half-Puerto Rican, thus he's something of a mix of Fighting Irish and Spicy Latino.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: After Jimmy Jacobs got to him post-You Only Live Twice.
- Would Hit a Girl: Eliminated Sara Del Rey and Daizee Haze in quick succession (SDR at the 30:05 mark, Haze at the 30:14 mark) during the Torneo Cibernetico between UltraMantis's teamnote and the BDKnote at The Dark Cibernetico, October 23, 2010.
- Defeated Amazing Kong in a non-title match at Just Shadows in the Fog.
One of the members of the second class, who debuted in 2002. From the very start, he was a tag partner of his childhood friend Eddie Kingston dubbed the Wild Cards. For much of his time in wrestling, the duo caused much trouble in CHIKARA, feuding with Team F.I.S.T. and Ultra-ZERO. However, he suddenly retired early in 2005, and has not been seen since then.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Vanished by the start of 2005. Some explanations outside of CHIKARA is Chris Hero kicking him out of all of wrestling or retiring of a knee injury he got in Canada in the winter of 2004, and to this day remains perhaps the most notable CHIKARA trainee to have never returned.
- The Dragon: Was this in the Toxic Trio of him, Kingston and a still-Rudo Jigsaw.
- The Jannetty: Is this to Eddie Kingston.
- Noodle Incident: For years Kingston would mention BlackJack's departure from wrestling as one of the reasons for his horrible attitude, always trying to make it sound as if BlackJack was forced out without explicitly saying so.
- Large Ham
- Playing Card Motifs: The Jack of Spades. Hence the name "BlackJack."
- Put on a Bus: After a series of on-and-off appearances from 2002-2004.
At one time, CM Punk was considered one of the founding fathers of Chikara. That ended after he no-showed an event and instead of apologizing, bashed Chikara as insignificant. He hasn't worked there since, and Chikara retaliated by creating CP Munk.
- Grey and Black Morality: Quack's been deliberately trying to give the GEKIDO wrestlers career ending injuries, and succeeded with 2 of them. But he only started doing this as a response to GEKIDO doing it, and he says he's doing it to protect his roster from GEKIDO and others like them.
- He Who Fights Monsters: In 2012. With the GEKIDO invasion, Quack has been getting increasingly vicious in his attacks on GEKIDO's members. Including ending 17's career after giving him four Quackendrivers in a row, and snapping combatANT's neck.
- Acknowledges what he became with some regret in the Ashes video "Ideas".
- The Hero: He's been the number one good guy of Chikara since the fed's inception until arguably Eddie Kingston supplanted him in 2012.
- Homage: His Red Baron is a tribute to Jushin Thunder Liger.
- Put on a Bus: Vanished off the CHIKARA roster in 2013, after he received a packet of information regarding the Vavasseurs' company, Titor Conglomerate.
- The Bus Came Back: Reappeared in first an Ashes teaser set just after Never Compromise note , then in the Ashes video "Ideas". May have been the one to drag 17 behind the entrance curtain with a cane at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014. note Named the current Director of Fun by Robbie Ellis at You Only Live Twice.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Red Baron: "Lightning"
- Tag Team:
- The Black T-Shirt Squad, w/Don Montoya and Reckless Youth
- The Superfriends, w/Chris Hero
- Too Many Belts: Held six titles at once in 2004, from promotions in the U.S., Mexico and Germany. At the Season 3 opener, Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays, he announced a gauntlet match, ultimately won by Jigsaw, to determine the Number #1 contender to all of them.
- The Unfettered: As of High Noon, when Kingston beat Quack for the Grand Championship, Quack feels like he's not the face of the company anymore and thus doesn't have any obligation to take the high road against invaders like GEKIDO.
If you think, for some reason, we're going to stand idly by while you come in here and try to wreck what we have built over the last eleven seasons, I will greet you at the door and I will break your bones.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Left Chikara early on even though he was a co-founder. Has only appeared once since then, he came out to watch the Grand Championship match between Kingston and Quackenbush.
- The Lancer: To Quackenbush.
- Action Girl: She's a professional wrestler and occasional mixed martial artist, and in wrestling almost always works as a face.
- Genki Girl: Very energetic in the ring, moreso in her promos.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps"
- Take-That Kiss: At Son of the International Invasion of International Invaders- First Stage, September 16, 2005, she defeated Allison Danger by kissing her and rolling her up for the pin.
- Arch-Enemy: After the breakup of the Dark Breed, Hallowicked. But when Ares showed up, UltraMantis hated him so much that it lead to his reconciliation with Hallowicked.
- Characterization Marches On: His character when he first became UltraMantis Black was mostly just "guy who screams constantly." The supervillain stuff would come later.
- Cult: The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple, since UMB hypnotized Tim Donst and convinced him that he was a member of the group.
- Dark Is Evil: His original UltraMantis was red with green trim. Once he turned heel, he started wearing black.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: One of his Finishing Moves is "Cosmic Doom."
- Evil Laugh: In his promos.
- Evil Insectoid Overlord: Ever since his initial rudo turn, this has been his gimmick.
- Finishing Move: Along with the above, the Praying Mantis Bomb.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Crossbones. Mister ZERO qualifies as well, as UMB was Best Man at ZERO's wedding.
- Implied Death Threat: At Showdown in Crisisland, July 21, 2007, he cut a promo about the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple (himself/Crossbones/Hydra)'s match with Hallowicked, Cheech and Cloudy where they promised to "do a little jig on your graves."
- Jerkass: In his treatment of Crossbones, especially after Delirious was added to the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple, since UMB fawned over Delirious while ignoring or belittling Crossbones. At Aniversario Zehn, May 22, 2010, he cut a promo about how the BDK had taken everything from himnote and that he was now a single, solitary man, all while Crossbones was standing right behind him.
- Join or Die: At CHIKARA Battle of Who Could Care Less, he cut a promo before his match with MIYAWAKI where he offered him a chance to join the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple as its representative to the Orient. He said that if MIYAWAKI didn't take him up on his offer, UMB would follow him back to Japan, kill him and destroy the nation's whaling industry. He ended by invoking the trope word for word.note
- Karma Houdini: It's debated among CHIKARA fans whether he is one in his feud with Delirious.
- Those who say he is say that since Mantis used the Eye of Tyr to brainwash Delirious for two years, Delirious was entirely within his rights to put Mantis through the Two Years of Hell. And yet, UMB and the Spectral Envoy beat Delirious and the Dark Army at almost every turn and UMB won the career vs career match.
- Those who say he isn't say that Mantis repented by using the Eye to free Delirious, and that even if Delirious' Two Years of Hell plan was justified, he crossed the lines when he sided with the various forces trying to destroy CHIKARA. Furthermore, Delirious did manage to break up the Spectral Envoy on his way out of CHIKARA, which counts as a punishment.
- Large Ham: Crossbones excluded, he'd often have partners who didn't talk much or were hard to understand when they did, thus giving him free reign to hog the mic.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Thirteenth Hat, January 28, 2012, opened with a skit involving UMB using the Eye to release Delirious from the BDK's control. Delirious grabbed the Eye, smashed it, and ran off, yelling, "I REMEMBER EVERYTHING!" Delirious subsequently formed an unnamed powerstable with himself, Ophidian, and the Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama, and Kobald) and pledged to put Mantis through 2 years of Hell.
- It's been noted by some that since Mantis directly enslaved Delirious and indirectly lead to the BDK enslaving Delirious, that UMB kind of had it coming.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Possibly a case of Word Salad Title. His stable the Spectral Envoy's name would seem to mean "a ghost sent by a government to represent it in dealing with another government," even though there is nothing about the gimmick that would suggest any connection to ghosts or to governments.
- Out-Gambitted: By Ares, who had Tim Donst pose as Vokoder to retrieve the Eye of Tyr from Mantis, and then used the Eye to have Delirious injure Crossbones and destroy Mantis' Order of the Neo-Solar Temple.
- Parts Unknown: "The Black Tea Garden" and "The Sea of Capricorn" before that.
- Currently, he's apparently the mayor of Parts Unknown.
- Power Stable:
- The Dark Breed
- Sweet 'n' Sour International
- The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple (with Hydra, Crossbones, Delirious, Vökoder [Tim Donst])
- The Spectral Envoy (with Hallowicked, Frightmare, Crossbones and Blind Rage)
- Pyrrhic Victory: He finally banished Delirious after a two year-long feud....only for Delirious to use the Eye of Tyr to brainwash Hallowicked and Frightmare.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He wore a pink mask at some point in 2008.
- Pride: UltraMantis knew about the Eye's curse, but he believed that he was smart enough that he could out-smart it. He wasn't.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Man or Astro-man?'s "Mermaid Love"
- The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple used Flower Travellin' Band's "Satori Pt. 1" and Cradle of Filth's "Tearing the Veil from Grace"
- Red Baron: "The Angry Insect Evildoer," "The Great and Devious One"
- Shout-Out: To UltraMan, of course.
- As well as Kamen Rider obviously.
- To The Smiths as well. He has a T-shirt based on the cover to Meat Is Murdernote and his Smart Mark Video DVD is titled Strangeways Here We Come.
- Socialism: He claims to be a socialist. When he found out that Hydra was scheduled to face MosCow the Communist Bovine (today, Dasher Hatfield) in the first round of the Young Lions Cup 2007 tournament, June 22, 2007, he told Hydra that he "could not stand by while you make a mockery of my socialist, communist and Marxist comrades!" Hydra wrestled MosCow, and lost. On Night III, the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple (UMB/Hydra/Crossbones) defeated MosCow, Player Uno and Super Xtremo, after UMB pinned Super Xtremo with the Praying Mantis Bomb. During the match, UMB refused to wrestle MosCow.
- Supervillain: Even after turning Tecnico in 2010.
- Tag Team:
- Ultra/ZERO (w/ Mr. ZERO)
- The Dark Breed (w/ Hallowicked)
People Who First Wrestled in 2003
- Bald of Evil: A very shiny shaved head.
- Beard of Evil: Started with a chinstrap. Later grew a full although fairly close shaved beard.
- Big Bad: From 2010 to the end of 2011.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Was in the 2003 Tag World Grand Prix, had a match in 2005 against Quackenbush, and went back to Europe until the BDK formed.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: From Switzerland.
- Put on a Bus: Was forced out of CHIKARA on the final show of 2011.
- The Bus Came Back: Has recently returned, announcing his aim to reclaim the Eye of Tyr and also destroyed Wrestling is Cool with new BDK compatriots, Milo Schnitzler and Nøkken. With his factionmates, he continued to appear with and wrestle for the Flood until Jakob Hammermeier put him back on the bus at King of Trios 2014.
- Porn Stache: In his 2014 return, he'd traded in his evil beard for one of these. He'd also started buzzing his hair instead of shaving it.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Jermaine Dupri with Nas and Monica's "I've Got to Have It" (Instrumental)
- Wrestling Family: Married to Allison Danger in Real Life.
- The Ace: In 2008/2009.
- Break the Haughty: Losing to Sara Del Rey at Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Sequel. In fact, this caused both Del Rey AND Daizee Haze to be kicked out of the BDK.
- He then went on to lose to Icarus and was so disgusted by this that he quit CHIKARA and signed with WWE under the name Antonio Cesaro.
- The Dragon: To Chris Hero in the Kings of Wrestling and Ares in the BDK.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: During his early days and then the BDK.
- Lightning Bruiser: Although he doesn't use many if any cruiserweight style moves, he's very fast on his feet for a guy his size.
- Put on a Bus: See Break the Haughty above.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Jermaine Dupri with Nas and Monica's "I've Got to Have It" (Instrumental)
- Wicked Cultured: Very European.
- The Dragon: Originally thought to be the Big Bad of the Flood, but downgraded following the introduction of Deucalion at You Only Live Twice.
- The Starscream: Rather unsurprisingly so, but when Deucalion was finally in a moment of weakness, he commanded The Flood to leave him to his fate.
- I Have No Brother: Let's just say that Jolly Roger didn't think Jigsaw refusing to beat him up was enough to redeem him from having turned on Chikara and sided with The Flood/GEKIDO instead.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: He is a pirate. He wrestles, but has never done any pirating. He never even stole another wrestler's leather jacket.
- Put on a Bus: By Icarus.
- Commuting on a Bus: Since then, has made sporadic appearances for CHIKARA, Wrestling Is Fun, and Wrestling Is Cool, even reviving Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy and temporarily being in possession of the physical Campeonatos de Parejas title belts.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy used Flogging Molly's "Seven Deadly Sins"
- Tag Team: Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy, w/Lance Steel
- Wrestling Family: He's Jigsaw's brother.
People Who First Wrestled in 2004
- Big Damn Heroes: Has actually become part of his character; most of his recent appearances in CHIKARA have involved him coming to the Spectral Envoy's aid in times of need.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Mantis.
- Lightning Bruiser: During his best days, could fire off kicks as fast as Ultimo Dragon.
- Motor Mouth: He talked fast and tended to ramble in his promos.
- Parts Unknown: "Jerk Town, NJ"
- Product Placement: The cover of the DVD box for The Mint Condition is a picture of Crossbones holding a York Peppermint Patty, complete with the logo.
- Put on a Bus: By Delirious in 2010. The Bus Came Back for a couple cards in the fall of 2011.
- Returned during the Spectral Envoy (Frightmare/Hallowicked/UltraMantis Black)-Team ROH (The Young Bucks [Matt and Nick Jackson]/Mike Bennett) King of Trios 2012 tournament final.
- Was seen again at the end of the Ashes webseries/movie as a bartender at the Fujiwara Arm, having somehow replaced Dan Yost.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- The Unfavourite: In the Order of the Neo-Solar Temple. UMB fawned over Hydra and Delirious, and always talked down to Crossbones.
- The Brute: In Sweet 'n' Sour International
- Butt Monkey
- Made of Iron: His gimmick was that his hand was, but about all of him was due to the abuse he would take from everybody in and maybe not in a match.
- Mighty Glacier: About 6'3" and 300 lbs, and as agile as you'd expect from someone that size (not at all). He hit pretty hard though.
- With Friends Like These...: Crossbones was a lousy partner back then, he was usually the one who started Dragon Kicking him when he was seated on the ring!
Lance Steel (both I and II)
STIGMA (formerly Shane Storm)
- The Brute: In The UnStable.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: When he quit the UnStable instead of starting something new he just vanished without explanation.
- Darker and Edgier: STIGMA. As Chikara was getting more serious in its characters and booking, Shane Storm began to stick out in a bad way, so they turned him heel and changed his gimmick.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Invoked when he left Vin Gerard and the UnStable.
- Evil Costume Switch: When he became STIGMA. Of course, no way was his Shane Storm get-up going to work as a Rudo.
- I Did What I Had to Do: His explanation for why he gave UltraMantis Black the secret to the CHIKARA Special.
- Put on a Bus: Lost a match (with the UnStable) against 3.0 where the losing team would be forced to break up. Outside of a one-off appearance at the 10th Anniversary Weekend as Shane Storm and a handful of matches for the Wrestling is Fun spinoff promotion he hasn't been seen since.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Guns N' Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle"
- Tag Team: (as Shane Storm), Men @ Work, w/Mr. Zero
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Originally a unionized traffic regulator.
People Who First Wrestled in 2005
KC "Cloudy" Day (formerly Cloudy)
- The Bad Guy Wins: Although he lost his "Loser Leaves Chikara" Match against Mantis, Delirious still "won" by using the Eye of Tyr to make Hallowicked and Frightmare turn on him. After doing so, Delirious left while laughing in triumph.
- Beard of Evil: Grew his beard out after being mind controlled by the Eye of Tyr.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Oh yeah. Just look at his name.
- Color Motif: Primarily wore green and black except for when he was in the BDK.
- Evil Mentor: To the Batiri for a while.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: At From Zero to Hero (& Castagnoli), Delirious ended his and Hallowicked's promo by referencing Booker T's infamous botched promo from WCW Spring Stampede 97 by saying, "Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, we coming for you, n-word!". Yes, Delirious said "n-word," not the actual word Booker had made the mistake of saying nine years earlier.
- Along similar lines, CHIKARA refers to one of his signature moves, commonly known as Shadows Over Hell, as "Shadows Over Heck."
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Delirious has never been treated like a complete joke, but after being broken out of his Brainwashed and Crazy status due to the Eye of Tyr, he has been stalking UltraMantis Black looking for revenge, and come across as a major threat.
- Even moreso now that he's hooked up with The Flood.
- Parts Unknown: "The Edge of Sanity," "Dante's Inferno"
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: His promo at Don't Eat the Black One, March 19, 2005, was him rapping, of a sort, lyrics from Esham's "Silicone."
- Real Song Theme Tune: Dimmu Borgir's "Hybrid Stigmata- The Apostasy"
- Red Baron: "The Perfect Weapon"
- Team Pet: To the BDK. Even acknowledged as this by the announcers due to Ares dragging him around with a chain around his neck.
- The Unintelligible: He tends to talk very fast and repeat himself a lot and while sometimes what he says doesn't actually resemble words, if you listen he is able to put his overall point across. That said, his team with Hallowicked and Frightmare was called Incoherence for a reason.
- Until he destroyed the Eye of Tyr. Now he speaks intelligibly, and he's not happy about what he went through while brainwashed by it.
- Continues to be played straight in anything he writes, especially his tweets.
- Killed Off for Real: Brutally murdered at the hands of Oleg the Usurper in CHIKARA offshoot promotion Wrestling is Fun.
- Our Dragons Are Different: No wings or horns, can't breath fire, mostly green, and a big head. He got over, though, and, Eddie Kingston put him over huge on commentary in his debut match at Running in the Red.
- Parts Unknown: "Dragon's Lair, AR"
- Red Baron: "Mighty Mighty Medieval Medieval Monster Monster"
- Tag Team: Triple Dragon, w/Retail Dragon
Vin Gerard (formerly Equinox I)
- Big Bad: Of season eight.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: As Equinox, an extremely unremarkable lower midcard face. As Vin Gerard, the Big Bad of season 8 and leader of the UnStable.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Santana's "Migra"
- Worked Shoot: Vin beat Eddie Kingston clean via STF one day before being released by Chikara in October 2011, giving Kingston his only loss in the tournament to crown the inaugural Grand Champion. Kingston ended up winning the title. Meanwhile, Vin spent some time on other indies releasing tweets and youtube videos demanding a title shot against Kingston, and it seemed as though this was building towards a big, possibly inter-fed, angle. Instead he was abruptly rehired in February 2012, got his title shot, lost in 10 minutes and was re-released.
- Blondes Are Evil: She was blonde and one of the nastiest wrestlers in the BDK.
- Chickification: Believed that CHIKARA was trying to impose this on her. At Cibernetico Increible, October 18, 2009, she and Sara Del Rey cut a promo in which Daizee talked about how she didn't want "to be treated like a little lady" and how she and Sara were better than the guys, naming Eddie Kingston, Ophidian, Brodie Lee and Green Ant. Sara said, "There's something going on that I think we might just be perfect for." That "something" turned out to be the BDK, which formed at the end of the 2009 Season Finale Three-Fisted Tales on November 22nd, and they took part in the big riot that marked its formation, attacking whoever they could find.
- Dark Action Girl: The first time she worked a match against men, she dropped Lince Dorado on his head with her Mind Trip (headlock driver).
- Face-Heel Turn: Worked mostly as a heel in Chikara and mostly as a face just about everywhere else.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Only 5'4 and around 110 lbs., and, at Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Show, July 25, 2010, she hit a German Suplex on AMAZING KONG!
- Put on a Bus: After Sara Del Rey beat Claudio Castagnoli and was kicked out of the BDK, Daizee tried to stand up for her and was chokeslammed by Claudio and also kicked out of the BDK. However, that was just the kayfabe reason - Daizee was suffering from unspecified legitimate health issues and wanted to take time off of pro wrestling to recover. She did make a brief cameo at the end of 2014, delivering a gift to the new BDK on behalf of Delirious.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Long Beach Dub Allstars' "Sensi"
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Daizee liked to scream and cower when a guy was about to hit her to invoke this trope in them. Even if they only hesitated for a few seconds she could cheap shot them or at least slip out of the ring.
Cheech Hernandez (formerly just Cheech)
Milano Collection AT
- Rule of Funny: Him being an Italian supermodel when he's obviously Japanese.
CP Munk (aka Necro Butcher)
The North Star Express (Darin Corbin & Ryan Cruz)
People Who First Wrestled in 2006
- Villainous BSOD: When his mentor Chris Benoit died, he left wrestling for a while to cope.
El Hijo del Ice Cream
Helios (formerly Ricochet)
Ice Cream Jr.
- Alter Ego Acting: Matthews and Parker were introduced as 2.0. In 2010, they mysteriously started calling themselves the Badd Boyz, Brad (Shane) and Chadd (Scott). At Wit, Verve and a Bit o'Nerve, March 20, 2010, there was supposed to be a match between 2.0 and the Badd Boyz, but 2.0 didn't come out. After they were counted out, the Badd Boyz explained that they were 2.0 all along, but they changed their names because they hadn't been winning very often. They then went back to their own names and renamed the team 3.0.
- Aside Glance: Twice in Ashes videos: a blatant one during "Deja Vu" (with a faint noise accompanying it, ala Hot Fuzz)note , and a quick, possibly unintentional one during "When?".
- Calling Your Attacks: "HEADSCISSOOOOOOOOOORS!" "BOSTON CRAAAAAAAAB!"
- Canada, Eh?: On CHIKARA's roster page, his wrestling style is described as "Canadian style!"
- Large Ham: Oh my...
- Incoming Ham: Their entrance theme starts with the words, "Feel the flow of 3.0".
- Real Song Theme Tune: 2.0 used Michael Jackson's "Beat It"
- Later, they switched to a cover of "Beat It" by Fall Out Boy and John Mayer.
- Red Baron: "Big Magic"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pepperoni sticks and Red Bull.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Badd Boyz
- Hard Head: And the Thomasellies were the first to know.
Scott "Jagged" Parker (formerly just Jagged)
- The Juggernaut: His return to a CHIKARA ring in the 2014 Cibernetico saw him eliminate five members of the opposing team, No Sell everything that hit him and win it for The Flood.
- The Lancer: To Fire Ant.
- No Sell: During the 2014 Cibernetico, he ignored kicks, got right back up from suplexes. The only thing that even made him flinch was Obariyon's feared Flying DDT, and he kicked out of that in 2 (not even 2 and a half).
- Real Song Theme Tune: Used Soulja Boy's "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" at The Sordid Perils of Everyday Existence
- Red Baron: "The Militant Mat Mite"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Got sick of Wink Vavasseur and resigned from Chikara. The Colony trying to find him again was one of the main storylines of the Ashes series of videos.
- Token Good Teammate: After being reassigned to The Swarm.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The Ashes video started with Fire Ant and Green Ant looking for Soldier - but between the reveal of The Flood and assailANT's face turn, it seems Soldier has been forgotten about.
- Returned at You Only Live Twice as part of The Flood, presumably somehow Brainwashed.
- Lethal Joke Character: Sure, he's goofy, but he won the 2007 Young Lion's Cup, the inaugural Rey de Voladores, 1/3 of the winners of 2009 King of Trios, and retired Worker Ant.
- All that aside, his finisher, the Omega Driver/Awful Waffle, has only been kicked out of twice in history. If he connects with the move, the match is over.
- Metaphorgotten: From his promo at Best Imitation of Myself:
"I'm a King of Wrestling, baby. I'm a king. I feel like Leonardo DiCaprio
. I'm gonna stand on the edge of the ring, they're gonna hold me high… except I'm not gonna die in the end, because Kate Winslet
is not gonna not let me up on… seriously, there was a door floatin', that door was big enough for two people, seriously. Come on, Kate, let Leo up there, right. You could have saved much people from cryin'. I cried… I… I…um…"
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: It's easy to think he's harmless when he's shrieking while being knife edge chopped, but don't forget he's the guy who made Bryan Danielson tap out.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Polaris's "Hey Sandy"
- Sissy Villain: To a degree.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Shrieks like an 8 year old girl when he's chopped. Sometimes also when put in holds and when being slammed down on the mat.
Worker Ant I
- The Heart: Of the Colony.
- Legacy Character: His successor was originally thought to be Green Ant, but it turned out to be assailANT.
- Passing the Torch: Gave Green Ant his mask and name in the second Ashes video, "Man Down", though Green Ant did not take it, instead passing it on to assailANT in the last Ashes video, "Workin'".
People Who First Wrestled in 2007
- Dance Battler: He'd engage in dance-offs with his opponents.
- Egyptian Mythology: Always present, but low-key. Until his return in 2013, when it played in a lot more.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Was seemingly forced to retire in 2011 due to a serious spinal injury suffered in a car crash. He returned a year and a half later, though.
- Put on a Bus: After Amasis announced his retirement, Ophidian turned on him and stripped him of his mask. Ophidian would claim he "killed" Amasis and took his soul.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned at the 2012 season finale to give Ophidian quite a scare. In the early months of 2013, he taunted Ophidian from the sidelines, before returning to the roster to seek revenge.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The Osirian Portal used various versions/covers of The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian," of course.
- Red Baron: "The Funky Pharaoh". Later "The Madjai of the Deities".
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He's a pharaoh. But he wrestles. And dances.
- Salt and Pepper: Snake and Pepper, with Ophidian - although Ophidian's obviously white under his costume.
- All American Face: Until he joined the BDK.
- The Atoner: After CHIKARA's closure, he has since tried to atone for what he did to Jakob and Turtle in his appearances for the Wrestling Is promotions. In the Ashes video "Fickle", he asked Icarus to apologize to Jakob for him and give him his Young Lions Cup. This was never followed up on, as Donst and CHIKARA parted ways not long after.
- Heävy Mëtal Ümlaut: As Vökoder.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf
- I Know Collegiate Wrestling: His original moniker was "The Mat Wrestling Machine" and he wrestled in a singlet and earguards.
- Jerkass: It all started when he freaked out and attacked Hydra, breaking up the Sea Donsters.
- Punny Name: His Finishing Moves have such names as the "Donstitution" and "From Dusk Till Donst."
- Put on a Bus: Announced that he would not be returning to CHIKARA in 2014. During the Chikara hiatus, he ended up making Absolutely Intense Wrestling his home promotion.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2"
- Rammstein's "Engel" (as a member of the BDK)
- Sanity Slippage: When Hallowicked stole his YLC trophy, Donst went slowly more and more insane, to the point where Donst tried to MURDER Hallowicked by hitting him with a forklift, throwing him off a balcony, and threatening him with a power drill.
- Later would claim that Hallowicked was a god.
- The Starscream: Towards the end of the BDK, to Ares. In the final Cibernetico, he ended up pulling a Villain Exit Stage Left and abandoning Ares to take the fall.
- Would Hit a Girl: Managed to evoke this in spirit in a promotion where intergender wrestling is permitted. He broke Saturyne's CHIKARA special by grabbing her by the throat with his free hand and slamming her head/neck into the mat until she let go, then trying to break her arm with an armbar.
Dasher Hatfield (formerly Create-A-Wrestler I, MosCow the Communist Bovine & Ultimo Breakfast)
- Antiquated Linguistics: Speaks in turn-of-the-century dialect.
- Badass Moustache: On his mask.
- Edible Theme Naming: As Ultimo Breakfast.
- Everything's Better with Cows: As MosCow the Communist Bovine
- Finishing Move:
- (as Ultimo Breakfast): Sunny Side Up
- (as Dasher Hatfield): Grand Slam (second-rope powerslam.) When teaming with Sugar Dunkerton as the Throwbacks, Dunkerton would follow this with a top rope elbow drop, and the two moves combined would be called a "Grand Slam Dunk," thus combining Dasher's baseball gimmick with Sugar's basketball one.
- Improbable Weapon User: As Create-A-Wrestler in his match with Grizzly Redwood at If The Airplane Is Snowed In, Put Your Bloody Skis On And Get Going!, February 20, 2009. During the match, CAW rolled out of the ring and came back with a plate of flapjacks (pancakes.) He gave Grizzly a flapjack (Head Spike) into the flapjacks!
- Legacy Character: Create-A-Wrestler was made one with the introduction of Create-A-Wrestler II.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: He's been a video game option, a cow, an Anthropomorphic Personification of a daily meal and is now a turn-of-the-Twentieth Century baseball player.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Red Baron: (as Hatfield) "The Old-Timey King of Swing"
Buck Hawke (formerly Shayne Hawke)
- Dude, Not Funny!: Got a nice in-universe reaction when he took a shoulderblock from Lince Dorado and pretended to have a seizure. Lince had suffered a legitimate seizure several months prior.
- Evil Redhead
- Sycophantic Servant: To Mitch Ryder.
- The Bully: The only explanation for his levels of jerkiness was that he realized he was bigger than everyone else and there wasn't much any of them could do about it.
- Badass Beard: Approaching Mike Knox levels now.
- Jerkass: Many, many examples.
- One of his schticks was refusing to play along with the normal Chikara tomfoolery. For example when a spontaneous baseball game broke out during a Throwbacks match, instead of playing along he just decked the nearest opponent with an open hand slap.
- When teaming with Grizzly Redwood, he'd treat him with condescension at best and slap him around at worst.
- When entering the ring he always made a beeline for ring announcer Gavin Loudspeaker, who had to flee for his safety. No reason was ever given for his irrational hatred of him.
- Lightning Bruiser: He hit dropkicks and could even break out a tope suicida on occasion.
- Put on a Bus: He was in the running to be the Big Bad of 2012 when he was abruptly signed by WWE. So he lost a title match against Eddie Kingston and vanished from Chikara.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Took a Level in Badass: Brodie Lee actually made his Chikara debut under his New Kids on the Block gimmick. When he came back with his trucker gimmick and laid waste to the Chikara roster, the commentators were amazed at the change he'd gone through.
Colin Olsen/Colin Delaney
Jimmy Olsen (formerly Equinox II)
- Harmless Villain: At first, although he was always the more serious and more likely to kick ass of the Olsens.
- Megaton Punch: One of his finishers was a haymaker punch.
- Took a Level in Badass: When Colin joined the UnStable and turned on Jimmy, he became much more serious to deal with the threat.
- The Assimilator: As of Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, he had absorbed the souls of both Amasis and Hieracon and claimed to be all of them in one body. Dropped after his "purification".
- Evil Costume Switch: In Season 11.
- Hearing Voices: After stealing the "souls" (masks) of Amasis & Hieracon.
- Red Baron: "The Venomous Vile Serpent from the Nile", later "The Madjai Warrior"
- Rudo Tecnico Revolving Door: The Osirian Portal started as rudos, turned tecnico in late 2009, Ophidian turned rudo as part of Amasis' retirement and then reunited with him after his "purification" in late 2013.
- Salt and Pepper: With Amasis, sort of.
- Sanity Slippage: In Season 11, after turning on Amasis and stealing his mask, Ophidian underwent a major Evil Costume Switch. He claimed to hear the voices of Amasis and Hieracon, and would argue with them as well.
- Sssssnake Talk
People Who First Wrestled in 2008
Da Soul Touchaz (Acid Jazz, Marshe Rocket, Willie Richardson w/C-Red and Dymond)
- Alliterative Name
- The Brute: Of the Osirian Portal.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: During Ophidian's 2012 heel turn when he brought Hieracon back long enough to steal his mask. Escorpion had already left Chikara long ago, but for a wrestling promotion with so much emphasis on continuity it seemed conspicuous that his name was never even dropped during the angle.
Player Dos (formerly Stupefied)
- Badass Beard: Sure, he's short, but that beard sure isn't.
- Mighty Lumberjack: His gimmick
- The Napoleon: Before becoming Grizzly Redwood, his gimmick was of being a small guy who was into bodybuilding and using power moves. As Grizzly, he liked to chop people on the legs to "cut them down to size." Also, being shorter than everyone gave him a pretty bad temper.
- Put on a Bus: Retired from wrestling in 2013.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Jackyl's "Lumberjack"
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling lumberjack.
- The Jannetty: To both Claudio Castagnoli and Ares. They had been a trio called Swiss Money Holding, but Claudio had gone on to become a major fixture in the American independent scene. Ares remained in Europe, and Roudin had actually retired - booking problems with the Tag World Grand Prix 2008 caused Chikara to beg him out of retirement for the show.
Pinkie Sanchez (formerly Carpenter Ant)
- Ax-Crazy: To be expected when a Cloudcuckoolander turns Heel.
- Cassandra Truth: He really did see Vökoder at Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Show.
- Cloudcuckoolander: During his match with Frightmare at Through Savage Progress Cuts the Jungle Line, Leonard F. Chikarason and Bryce Remsburg both said that they had tried to have conversations with him and both had given up on it.
- Demoted to Extra: After starting out as a high ranking member of the BDK, Pinkie's appearances started becoming less frequent and his losses when he did appear more frequent. Eventually he simply quit appearing at all.
- Kayfabe: Allegedly left Chikara over a falling out with Quackenbush regarding kayfabe. Quack's very strict about the roster maintaining it, and Pinky loves to talk to the fans after the shows even when he's working heel.
- Pinkie has stated that his drug use at the time was a large part (if not the sole reason) of why he was ousted from Chikara.
- The Mole: As Carpenter Ant, infiltrated the Chikara tecnicos on the BDK's orders.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Back when he wore pink and blue and danced and wrestled a match with the Neo-Solar Temple, there was no indication he was the kind of guy who could hide under the Carpenter Ant mask, win a Torneo Cibernetico, and help the BDK take over Chikara.
Steve "The Turtle" Weiner
People Who First Wrestled in 2009
- All There In The Comics: His backstory, which explains how Hallowicked was able to command him to turn on UltraMantis Black. During the days of Incoherence, Delirious began going crazier than usual, and Mantis sent Hallowicked inside Delirious' mind. He found a nightmare-y... thing... which he felt a kinship with. The thing removed itself from Delirious' mind and manifested in the real world as Frightmare. It's that link to Hallowicked that forced him to turn.
- Evil Costume Switch: As of the season 15 premier, he and Hallowicked have donned masks and gear resembling skulls in the vein of Dia De Los Muertos.
- Keet: Almost never runs out of energy.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Laibach's "God Is God"
- Red Baron: "A Frenetic Ball of Kinetic Energy"
- Sidekick: To Hallowicked
- The Unintelligible: Also like Hallowicked.
- Tecnico Rudo Turn: When Hallowicked turned, he made Frightmare turn. Frightmare tried to fight it, but to no avail. This makes the first time he's been a Rudo in CHIKARA.
Silver Ant (formerly Green Ant)
- Book Ends: The Ashes series began with him being told "You're a Worker now" as he was given Worker Ant's gear.
- Determinator: Suffered a broken arm in a match against Keita Yano in 2010, and refused to quit to the point where the referee had to stop the match.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: To Worker Ant.
- Originally thought to be justified, but eventually subverted. In the second Ashes video, "Man Down", Worker Ant gave Green Ant his mask and gear and told him "You're a Worker now." However, he did not take the name, instead passing Worker Ant's mask and gear to assailANT and taking the name Silver Ant after You Only Live Twice.
- Backstory: Revealed in bits and pieces on Twitter during the Titor Conglomerate angle. Tursas is a supernatural Viking guardian spirit of some sort. He worked with the BDK because he owed Ares an unspecified favor, and left when the BDK ended because the favor was paid and he hates America.
- The Brute: For the BDK, big time.
- The Dragon: Outside the Five Bad Band configuration, he was this to Ares.
- DetractorNickname: "Turdsauce." Became in-universe when Kingston used it.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: Plays up the "America sucks~!" heel rhetoric on Twitter.
- The Giant: 6'8, 376 lbs.
- Horny Vikings: His mask even has horns on it. He, Ares and Claudio (with Nøkken replacing Claudio in the new BDK) had a tag team finisher called Ragnarok.
- Killed Off for Real: By the Estonian Thunderfrog at The Living Daylights.
- Meaningful Name: Tursas in Finnish means both "god of war" and "sea monster."
- Death from Above: He actually did a moonsault, although it missed.
- No Sell: In Kingston's promo at The Mint Condition, he talked about how when anyone else had hit Tursas, Tursas didn't move, saying how he was going to make Tursas move.
- Put on a Bus: After Green Ant defeated him at High Noon. Returns over two years later as part of the new BDK.
People Who First Wrestled in 2010
Hieracon (formerly Jonathan Gresham)
- Back for the Dead: Sort of. Hieracon came back for one match with Ophidian, which resulted in Ophidian stealing his mask and "killing" Hieracon.
- The Generic Guy: Most obviously during the Portal's ring entrances. As the Portal were faces at the time, Amasis and Ophidian would play to the fans all the way to the ring and make a rather long and leisurely entrance. Hieracon would slap hands, but he never really gelled with the long entrance and always looked bored and out of place by the time it was over.
- Put on a Bus: Completely failed to get over and after a while he just disappeared from the cards.
- Real Life Writes the Plot/Creator Backlash: Repeated requests for CHIKARA fans not to tag him in posted pictures and some rather harsh words regarding wearing a mask suggest there was a lot more to his departure.
- Sixth Ranger: To the Osirian Portal.
Obariyon & Kodama
- Always Identical Twins: They're actually not related, but they look so much alike especially with the facepaint that the commentators often get confused as to which one's wrestling.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: Obariyon is Red, Kodama is Blue. They both work violent wrestling styles, but Obariyon seems on the edge of flipping out most of the time, and Kodama tends to switch between being eerily calm and exploding.
- Death Wail: Obariyon did one after Kobald was injured by Deucalion.
- The Dragon: Obariyon to Sinn Bodhi in 2011.
- Early-Bird Cameo: They were the druids who accompanied UltraMantis Black for his match against Hallowicked at Through Savage Progress Cuts the Jungle Line.
- Facial Markings: They both wear green facepaint with black lines. Obariyon's markings are slightly straighter than Kodama's.
- The easiest way to tell them apart is to look at the forehead and mouth. Obariyon's facepaint is more elaborate around his mouth, and Kodama's is more elaborate on his forehead.
- Heel-Face Turn: Initially they were neutral in the Flood vs Chikara feud, but Kobald convinced them to stand up for Chikara. Then Deucalion injured Kobald, and the Batiri now take the feud very personally and are firmly on Chikara's side.
- One-Hit Kill: Obariyon's Flying DDT is one of the most feared finishers in Chikara. It's so feared it doesn't even need a gimmick name.
- OOC Is Serious Business: After Deucalion injured Kobald, Obariyon and Kodama both spoke in English to threaten The Flood.
- Red Baron: Kodama is "The Bled Island Butcher", Obariyon is "The Deadly Demonic Warmonger"
- Shout-Out: Kodama's mannerisms and his calm-to-explosive-back-to-calm wrestling style are obviously inspired by The Great Muta, although his use of them falls short of being an expy.
- Slovenia: The Batiri are billed from Bled Island, which is the only natural island there.
People Who First Wrestled in 2011
- Circus of Fear: The Odditorium (his sub-stable within The Flood that consists of himself, Sir Oliver Grimsly and Qefka the Quiet) has this gimmick.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Almost as bad as Delirious.
- Large and In Charge: If anything he's a great example of why they call WWE "the land of the giants" - he was just a bit on the small side by WWE standards but he towers over most of the Chikara roster. He's also been the leader of first The Dark Army and then The Odditorium.
- Monster Clown: Not played up as much as his time as Kizarny, however.
- Put on a Bus: UltraMantis Black gave him the (fake) Eye of Tyr at the end of season 11 on the condition that he leave CHIKARA.
- The Bus Came Back: Resurfaced in late 2013 to buy out and shut down Wrestling Is Art. Has since appeared with and wrestled for the Flood during Season 14, though his appearances have been sporadic when compared to those of his Odditorium.
- Tattooed Crook
- Tempting Fate: Made a comment saying "being bi-polar has its benefits" and adjusted his tie during the King of Trios preshow. A couple weeks before King of Trios, Larry Sweeney, a loved member of Chikara, hanged himself. While it was Bodhi playing up his character (he wasn't aware of Sweeney and apologized profusely afterwards), no one was amused.
- Wrestling Family: Formerly married to former WWE Diva Stacy "The Kat" Carter, and his brother Steve wrestles in Canadian independents as Kobra Kai and was part of Team BSE on Night 1 of King of Trios 2008.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: From late September of 2013 (when he chimed in during a CHIKARA Twitter rally) until King of Trios 2014, he hadn't been seen or heard from. There was talk that he had retired, though nothing was ever confirmed.
- The Bus Came Back: At King of Trios 2014, he revealed that he had been Dr. Cube all along.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Understands that if one keeps the Eye of Tyr after using it, the curse comes into play? So after brainwashing Nøkken, he gives it to Delirious, avoiding the curse, earns Delirious' loyalty and gets revenge on the man who broke up the BDK, UltraMantis Black, in one fell stroke. Then, when Delirious had finished with it, he gets it sent back to him, meaning he's managed to circumvent the curse entirely!
- Deal with the Devil: Invoked this by name in his explanation of how he obtained the Eye of Tyr.
- Dirty Coward: In his BDK days.
- The Dog Bites Back: After months of emotional and physical abuse at the hands of Tim Donst, Jakob finally struck back at him, nailing him with a knock-out punch at Aniversario: Never Compromise, to a huge fan pop.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: From the BDK's cowardly ring announcer to an inexperienced wrestler who only ever won through other BDK members interfering to him to Tim Donst's sycophantic sidekick to suddenly his own man at the end of season 12, to the new leader of the BDK, with the Eye of Tyr in his possession and Nøkken firmly under his control.
- Gratuitous German: His Finishing Move, a hangman's neckbreaker, is called Gute Nacht!
- Hammy Herald: His original role was as the special ring announcer for the BDK.
- Power Stable: The BDK.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers a stinging one to Ares, upon taking over the BDK.
- With BFFs Like These: After losing to Hallowicked at "Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur," Tim Donst turned into a rotten partner, treating Jakob increasingly worse (in a way that seriously brings to mind Domestic Abuse), sabotaging his efforts at becoming Young Lions Cup champion, and finally abandoning him to the tender mercies of Eddie Kingston.
- Ass Kicks You: His Finishing Move is a top-rope sitdown splash called the "Demon's Toilet".
- The Heart: Of The Batiri, surprisingly. Kobald was pro-Chikara and he was able to convince Obariyon and Kodama to side with Chikara as well.
- Killed Off for Real: By Deucalion at You Only Live Twice. Outside kayfabe he's suffering from a hip injury that has a significant chance of permanently ending his career.
- Our Goblins Are Different: This particular one is a sewer-dwelling growler.
- Red Baron: "The Prince of All Goblins"
- Split Personality: Seemed to have one in some of his promos. He'd say something nice in a high pitched voice, follow it up with something mean in a snarly voice, then switch back to high pitched for nice, snarly for mean...
- Today X, Tomorrow the World!: At Deep Freeze, October 6, 2012, he cut a promo where he said that he was going to destroy Frightmare, then UltraMantis, then the world.
Archibald Peck/Mixed Martial Archie/The Mysterious And Handsome Stranger
- Arch-Enemy: Formerly Mr. Touchdown.
- Big "NO!": After finding Veronica laid out on the floor and carrying her back to the locker room following his loss to Sara Del Rey at A Death Worse Than Fate, February 25, 2012.
- Charlie Brown from Outta Town: Some time after CHIKARAsaurus Rex, he returned as the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger, a take on Dusty Rhodes' Midnight Rider, to get his revenge upon Veronica and Angelosetti. At Under The Hood, he voluntarily unmasked, slopping Veronica. Except this was not the Archibald Peck that walked through North America, but a time displaced version of him. See the Season 11 epilogue below for Barrister R.D. Evans' explanation, and Stable Time Loop below for a quick summary.
- Harmless Villain: And then he became Mixed Martial Archie.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Put himself between Gavin Loudspeaker and Deucalion during Moonraker, taking the execution in Gavin's stead.
- I Was Beaten by a Girl: Sara Del Rey.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during Moonraker.
- Large Ham
- Musical Theme Naming: His Finishing Moves as Archibald Peck have such names as "B-Flat," "Cranial Crescendo" and "Unchained Melody."
- Parts Unknown: Walked all the way there after his Loser Leaves Town match, then resided there, making a few trips out into the world along the way, until found by 3.0.
- Put on a Bus: Apparently forced out of CHIKARA after losing a Loser Leaves Town match at CHIKARAsaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur. To add insult to injury, he was then officially dumped by Veronica.
- Not long afterward, videos began appearing on the CHIKARA YouTube account chronicling his walk through North America. He was spotted within sight of the Statue of Liberty, near WWE headquarters, in front of the Olympic stadium in Montreal, right by the Library of Parliament in Ottawa, and going past the White House, only to end up in Dallas after two months. Seemingly, he would return as the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger, but the Season 11 epilogue would prove otherwise. This Archie continued his walk, eventually ending up in Parts Unknown, while the Archie that became the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger continued to compete until the time loop that created him was completed.
- Product Placement: While doing his Mixed Martial Archie gimmick, he took a sip of Rockstar Energy in his promo before his "MMA Exhibition" match with Darkness Crabtree at Aniversario: A Horse of Another Color, May 19, 2012. He started the promo by plugging Oral B.
- Purple Is Powerful: In his band uniform as Archibald Peck.
- Shout-Out: All of his time travel antics are basically a love letter to Back to the Future.
- Time Travel: And it tends to be triggered by being backfisted. This has happened more than once, most recently being named as the cause for the complication listed above, and is further addressed by Archie himself in his March 7th, 2013 blog.
- Stable Time Loop: To explain, Archie (as Mixed Martial Archie) was backfisted to the past in a backstage argument with Eddie Kingston during his Loser Leaves Town match listed above, becoming the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger. Meanwhile, a second Archie (as Archibald Peck) returned to finish that match and was exiled from CHIKARA after being pinned. Stranger!Archie (backfisted back to the present by Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen) appeared a while after Exiled!Archie started his walk, unmasked after slopping Veronica at the Season 11 finale, and was allowed to compete in CHIKARA by reasoning that he was not Exiled!Archie. Stranger!Archie, well aware that he was on borrowed time, still chose to compete against Kingston at the 2nd Stage of the 2013 Tag World Grand Prix, and was backfisted back to that Loser Leaves Town match, becoming Exiled!Archie and presumably closing the loop...
- ...except there was more to the loop than once thought. The Ashes video "When?" confirmed that the "doppelgänger" Stranger!Archie saw before the aforementioned backfist was Exiled!Archie, and that he was indeed present at Never Compromise (quite possibly in more than one form, as two Archies were spotted during the aftermath).
- The first time loop resulting from being backfisted took Archie to 2015, and has yet to be resolved.
- Later deliberately invoked in Archie's grand return at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014, as he returned from Parts Unknown (where he had claimed that time flowed differently) in a DeLorean with 3.0 in tow.
- Who's Laughing Now?: After beating up Mr. Touchdown so bad he was disqualified for excessive violence.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Archibald Peck is a wrestling marching band leader.
- Action Girl: She has defeated El Hijo del Ice Cream, Kobald, Missile Assault Ant and Tim Donst and twice challenged Mark Angelosetti for the Young Lions' Cup.
- Amazonian Beauty: She has a shapely set of abs that were featured prominently in a few of the comics-inspired show artworks.
- Fangirl: For Sara Del Rey. During their match against the Batiri at Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, the announcers were talking about how Saturyne admires Sara and was inspired by her.
- Red Baroness: "The Intergalactic Luchadora"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Chikara "died" in June 2013 she instantly dropped the Saturyne gimmick and changed her ring name to Hania the Howling Huntress, a Native American-inspired gimmick. She's since said that she never wanted to wear a mask and that the Saturyne gimmick made her miserable.
People Who First Wrestled in 2012
- Big Bad: Of GEKIDO. He wasn't quite formidable enough to become Big Bad of Chikara entirely.
- Both Sides Have a Point: One thing that should be noted about 17 injuring people - all of the injuries he inflicted on others were caused by legal submission holds during legitimate matches, not by post-match assaults. How much moral culpability this absolves him of is totally YMMV though.
- Disc One Final Boss: Of season 11. He's gone by the halfway point, though he returned in season 13.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: He was written out of Chikara so abruptly that there was speculation that it was a case of Real Life Writes the Plot.
- Establishing Character Moment: In his first match in Chikara, he broke Quackenbush's wrist.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Mike Quackenbush
- From Nobody to Nightmare: His backstory was that he was an indy worker who trained in all the same places Quack did but never got any recognition until he put on a mask and invaded Chikara.
- Hero Killer: What made him so scary. He didn't actually kill Quack, but he did break his forearm - and this when Quack hadn't once submitted in Chikara's history! Then he did cripple Tianlong and Dragonfly. And then when he returned, he ended Darkness Crabtree's life when GEKIDO destroyed Wrestling is Intense and in the theatrical version of The Ashes Of, he crippled Private Eye Jr.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: 17 was the one who started deliberately injuring other wrestlers. Quackenbush was the one who finished it. (at least for a year and a half, anyway)
- Identity Impersonator: During the Quack/Jigsaw/Colony (Fire Ant/Soldier Ant)-BDK (Donst/Hammermeier)/Batiri (Kodama/Obariyon) match at Caught in the Spider's Den, February 26, 2012, he ran down to the ring wearing Green Ant's mask. Green Ant followed to confirm it wasn't him. The man in the Green Ant mask then clotheslined Quack, ending the match in a DQ. The rest of GEKIDO immediately followed, attacking Jigsaw and the Colony. 17 took off the Green Ant mask and attacked Quack.
- Meaningful Name: His name is a Take That against Quack. Quack calls himself the Master of 1000 holds. 17 claimed to be the master of "17 forgotten finishing holds" and that he didn't need 1000.
- Not Quite Crippled: Showed up at a Wrestling Is Intense show with combatANT and deviANT and destroyed the promotion. Continued to appear with and wrestle for the Flood for almost all of season 14, until departing their ranks. See Screw This, I'm Outta Here! below.
- Punch Clock Villain: His new role as of 2014. He himself said he's only following Deucalion's orders, and while he had crippled Darkness Crabtree and Private Eye Jr., he seems to lack his killer instinct while wrestling.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The other members of GEKIDO wanted the spots on the roster they felt they'd been denied. 17 just wanted to annihilate the promotion and everyone in it.
- Out-of-Character Moment: At You Only Live Twice, 17 seemed to be having one of those. He didn't really do much during the match, the only submission hold he used was a basic surfboard, he just watched while deviANT was eliminated and he didn't try to defend himself when the Chikara students attacked him.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Spent most of 2014 disillusioned with The Flood and unmotivated in the ring. After Deucalion executed The Shard, 17 saved Frightmare from the same and then left the building, leaving his mask behind. His name was subsequently removed from the roster page.
- Vaudeville Hook: On the receiving end of one just before the big brawl at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014.
- The Atoner: In his March 4th, 2013 blog entry, he attempted to invoke this regarding his actions, blaming them on Veronica's influence in an attempt to get back in Dasher Hatfield's good graces.
- While he feigned it prior to CHIKARA closing, he became it for real after some tough love from Dasher and a match between the two of them at the Wrestling Is Fun event "Cruel Summer". He even buried the hatchet with Archibald Peck at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014 via a Bear Hug.
- Catch Phrase:
- Jerk Jock: Though he was listed as a Tecnico for the entirety of season 11 no matter what he did, including killing Sapphire. His status on the roster page was finally changed to Rudo in January of 2013.
- Large Ham: AND IT'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
- Red Baron: Mr. Touchdown
- Schoolyard Bully All Grown Up: Bullied Archibald Peck in high school, although Marchie Archie appears to have been somehow oblivious to it.
- Token Evil Teammate: Of the Throwbacks with Dasher Hatfield and Sugar Dunkerton. At least, at first.
- You Monster!: Invoked against him by the fans after he killed Sapphire.
- The Brute: His role in GEKIDO.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Has not been seen or mentioned since National Pro Wrestling Day.
- Deceptive Disciple: He and the other two members of The Swarm were Wrestle Factory dropouts.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Quackenbush unceremoniously gave him a dragon sleeper neck wrench kind of thing at King of Trios, probably ending his career - although he eventually resurfaced he's still wearing a neckbrace.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Soldier Ant
- Not Quite Crippled: Showed up at a Wrestling Is Intense show with 17 and deviANT and destroyed the promotion, then appeared with the Flood at Wrestling Is Fun, Wrestling Is Respect, and National Pro Wrestling Day. However, he was wearing a neckbrace all along and disappeared from the group before You Only Live Twice.
Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch)
- Combat Pragmatist: As seen at the Season 12 finale. After The Shard beat up assailANT and Quackenbush made the save, deviANT... threw Quack out of the ring and quickly covered assailANT to win.
- Dark Chick: His role in GEKIDO.
- Deceptive Disciple: He and the other two members of The Swarm were Wrestle Factory dropouts.
- Dirty Coward: He literally begged Quackenbush to stop trying to injure the GEKIDO wrestlers. Quack wasn't having any of it.
- After the injury of 17 and combatANT he claimed that all he wanted was a fair shot at being on the Chikara roster and hadn't he and the rest of GEKIDO paid enough dues after their stablemates were injured in cold blood? As the Ashes videos would show, he was lying through his teeth trying to avoid the same fate.
- Enigmatic Minion: He tends to disappear for a few months at a time and reappear abruptly, almost like he's working more behind the scenes than in the wrestling ring...
- Evil Counterpart: Of Green Ant.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion at Goldfinger.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Same as 17, only he attempted to burn down the Wrestle Factory in order to accomplish it.
- Only Sane Man: Shows shades of this as the leader of Colony Xtreme Force. At least he tries to get the CXF ants to stop yelling their own names all the time.
- The Dragon: His role in GEKIDO. And possibly in the new Jigsaw-led rudo stable. Averted regarding the Flood.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Jigsaw. Ironically, as of late 2012, Jigsaw turned Rudo and adopted The Shard.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Shard's outfit is black with neon pink trim - the same shade of neon pink that Bret Hart wears, even.
- Wrench Whack: To Jigsaw's knee, as part of GEKIDO's debut.
Worker Ant II (formerly assailANT)
- The Atoner: After actually deciding to turn tecnico and join the Colony for real. Supposedly. As of National Pro Wrestling Day 2014, no "supposedly" about it.
- Becoming the Mask: Wink Vavasseur, using his "Chikarabermetrics", switched assailANT into The Colony and Soldier Ant into The Swarm. It took most of 2012 for him to lose his rudo habits, but assailANT ended up turning on GEKIDO to join The Colony. He's since prevented his former comrades from burning down the Wrestle Factory and was one of Icarus' first allies.
- The Big Guy: His tagline on the CHIKARA roster page was "The big, blue bruiser of The Colony" and he referred to himself as the biggest ant in CHIKARA.
- Boisterous Bruiser: As seen in his newer blogs.
- Book Ends: The Ashes series ended with him being told "You're a Worker now", as he was given Worker Ant's gear.
- Deceptive Disciple: He and the other two members of The Swarm were Wrestle Factory dropouts.
- Evil Counterpart: Ostensibly of Fire Ant. Although where the other members of GEKIDO were evil clones of their counterparts, assailANT was more like Fire Ant's complete opposite - blue instead of red, power wrestler instead of high flyer, sinister talker instead of almost never speaking English...
- Evil Genius: His role in GEKIDO.
- Good Feels Good: His explanation for his original (phony) face turn.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Although his turn seemed pretty genuine, during 2012 he was the only wrestler on the CHIKARA roster with no stated alignment. And while he seemed to be enjoying being part of The Colony, he didn't seem at all concerned about Soldier Ant. He was also effusive in his praise of the otherwise-despised Wink Vavasseur.
- Heel Realization: Some time after CHIKARA's closure in 2013, he had a son. It wasn't until he thought about whether his son would have been proud of what he was doing that he decided to turn his back on GEKIDO and what they stood for and join CHIKARA properly.
- The Mole: For a short time. His taking the superkick was actually just a stunt to get the CHIKARA loyalists to trust him. It wasn't until his son was born that he had a change of heart.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: According to Wink Vavasseur, he was viewed as the "weak link" of GEKIDO and was intentionally placed with The Colony to adulterate it. This directly led to his Heel Realization, his becoming The Atoner, spurning his old allies when they tried to destroy CHIKARA, and becoming the second Worker Ant.
- Rudo Tecnico Turn: assailANT finally picked sides for good at National Pro Wrestling Day 2014. He's Chikara now.
- He had a son, and wanted to be someone his son would be proud of. This lead to his finally being fully accepted by Green and Fire Ant - and they gave him the box containing Worker Ant's gear.
- Taking The Superkick: How he officially turned face and gained Quack's acceptance.
- Token Evil Teammate: After being reassigned to The Colony, he was this for the first several months.
People Who First Wrestled in 2013
The Colony: Xtreme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Ant and Orbit Adventure Ant)
Sir Oliver Grimsly
- Classy Cane: Carries one. It's more faux-classy than classy but it fits in with the Alex DeLarge part of his gimmick.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Wrestled a match in 2013, then showed up as a member of Sinn Bodhi's Odditorium.
- Gimmick: His seems to be something like a combination of a circus ringmaster and an Expy of Alex DeLarge of A Clockwork Orange.
- Red Baron: "The Punk Rock Ragdoll"
- You Go Girl: Pinned Missile Assault Ant in the Tomorrow Never Dies preshow to become the first female Young Lions Cup champion.
Shynron (formerly Shenron)
People Who First Wrestled In 2014
- Badass Mustache: He has a big grey old-timey strongman's mustache. On his mask.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: From Azerbaijan.
- Informed Attractiveness: Wears a mask, but it's mentioned during his ring introductions that he won Azerbaijan's sexiest man competition for several years in a row.
- You No Take Candle: He speaks like this. To quote from a blog he wrote in October 2014...
Not since the year two thousand and the three has Mr. Azerbaijan felt so treated unfairly. Of course, Mr. Azerbaijan is being referred to year of coal miner strike which cause Sexiest Man in Azerbaijan contest to be cancelled. Breaking Mr. Azerbaijan Sexiest Man in Azerbaijan streak since the year nineteen ninety and the four.
Juan Francisco de Coronado
- Bowties Are Cool: Always wears one. His match with Rockstar Spud at King of Trios 2014 was even billed as a "Battle of the Bow Tie" and featured copious amounts of bowtie-related shenanigans.
- The Chew Toy: Icarus' successor to this trope, as he's already established himself as one of CHIKARA's most hated luchadors. People would actually walk out of the venue during his Wrestling is Fun! promos.
- Foreign Wrestling Rudo: From Ecuador.
- Red Baron: "The Equadorian Aristocrat"
- Small Name, Big Ego: "I sold out the Ecuadome!"
Kevin Condron (formerly Kid Cyclone)
- Arch-Enemy: 17 and Deucalion are his. And now you can add Eddie Kingston to that list.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: While he himself escaped harm, his actions resulted in his shaming and cost his two best friends their careers.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Attended the November 2nd rally with Icarus before his official introduction in the Ashes video "Sweat Shop" later in the month.
- Fallen Hero: The trauma of what happened to his friends and how Easily Forgiven Eddie Kingston was caused him to snap, renounce his identity and become a dangerous new force in the post-Deucalion landscape of CHIKARA.
- Heroic Wannabe: Fashioned himself as the next Icarus to lead CHIKARA to victory and to end Deucalion himself. It did not go too well.
- Hot-Blooded: Shows the most on his Twitter.
- Meaningful Rename: Has thrown down his Kid Cyclone identity and is now known as Kevin Condron.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Attempted to embark upon one at You Only Live Twice as he led Equinox III and Create-A-Wrestler II in attacking 17 for what was done to Private Eye Jr., only for Hallowicked to intervene.
- Attempted to go on one against Deucalion for all the deaths he caused. It resulted in the demise of Create-A-Wrestler II and Equinox III.
- Is now attempting to go on one against Eddie Kingston.
- Shout-Out: His former mask and name came from the children's book Kid Cyclone Fights the Devil and Other Stories.
- Wore golden wings on his shoes as a tribute to his mentor and inspiration, Icarus.
- Bullying a Dragon: He and Equinox III learned this the hard way. Don't call Deucalion a coward.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during King of Trios 2014.
- Legacy Character: The second person to use the Create-A-Wrestler gimmick, the first having eventually became Dasher Hatfield.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only had one wrestling match at Wrestling is Fun until his end.
- Asshole Victim: Let's just say that when you inflict career ending injuries on as many people as Deucalion did, no one's going to sympathize with you even if you get hit in the head with a giant hammer.
- Bad Boss: See You Have Failed Me.
- Bald of Evil: Under the mask.
- Beard of Evil: Under the mask.
- Berserk Button: Being called a coward.
- Bilingual Bonus: Quite a few. Among the writings on his outfit, he has the kanji for "War" (Sensou) on his left arm and his wristband has the Latin words "Vitam (Life).
- Black Eyes of Evil: And it is creepy.
- Big Bad: Of Season 14 and leader of The Flood.
- Dark Is Evil: Clad head to toe in black.
- The Dreaded: Is very quickly becoming this. Almost every time he has appeared so far, someone has become crippled.
- Establishing Character Moment: Shows up out of nowhere with Delirious and Soldier Ant, stands in the ring alone while his forces combat CHIKARA, takes a spear from Kobald like it was nothing and breaks the goblin's back with a Chokeslam-Backbreaker.
- Also gets another one where he heartlessly destroys his own minion, deviANT, in his second appearance.
- Evil Sounds Deep: And creepy. Even deeper and creepier after he was unmasked.
- Expy: Seems to have quite a bit of Bane to him, from a similar military outfit, imposing mask, huge size and breaking a hero's back. He even is similar to the comic version of Bane by organizing the Rogue's Gallery to suit his needs.
- Foreshadowing: Referred to on Archibald Peck's conspiracy board: "Who is the Titan of Titor?"
- Hannibal Lecture: Gives one to CHIKARA as a whole at Moonraker, asking if the fans are happy that CHIKARA is back at the expense of its wrestlers, and that people like The Estonian Thunderfrog and Archibald Peck are dead and never coming back.
- Hero Killer: His appearances means someone's going off the roster. His list: Kobald, deviANT, The Estonian Thunderfrog, The Latvian Proud Oak, Create-A-Wrestler II, Equinox III, Archibald Peck, and The Shard.
- Killed Off for Real: Destroyed by Icarus wielding The Estonian Thunderfrog's Hammer of War at Tomorrow Never Dies.
- Knight of Cerebus: Easily the darkest and most vicious villain ever seen in CHIKARA, and the tone and atmosphere of the company has changed as a result of his actions.
- Large and In Charge: The guy is huge, bigger than Tursas. And he's in charge.
- Meaningful Name: In Classical Mythology, Deucalion and his wife were the survivors of the Greek version of The Great Flood; the name is all too appropriate to the leader of the Flood.
- Paper Tiger: He may be Unskilled, but Strong, but when he went into a singles match against Icarus, Icarus survived his initial assault and then completely dismantled him. As the commentators noted, Deucalion was not a wrestler and had no actual game plan.
- Red Baron: "The Titan of Titor", "The Engine of Destruction"
- Slasher Smile: After crippling both Equinox III and Create-A-Wrestler II. Also very creepy.
- Super Soldier: His overall motif.
- Unskilled, but Strong: After making a whole season of breaking people in half, the two whole matches he had showed that Deucalion was a incredibly powerful monster who threw his opponents around like ragdolls. But he literally had zero wrestling technique, because he was not actually a wrestler. Icarus, who is comparatively weak but skilled, was able to exploit Deucalion's brute strength and finished him off by countering the chokebreaker into the Chikara Special.
- You Have Failed Me: Broke deviANT's back after a poor showing in the June shows, and did the same to The Shard after a similarly poor showing in the November shows.
- Also attempted this on Jimmy Jacobs after he failed to win the Grand Championship.
- His penchant for offing his own underlings came back to bite him hard when Jacobs convinced the rest of the Flood to abandon him for this reason.
- Bullying a Dragon: He and Create-A-Wrestler II learned this the hard way. Don't call Deucalion a coward.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion during King of Trios 2014.
- Legacy Character: The third person to use the Equinox gimmick (the first being Vin Gerard, the second being Jimmy Olson)
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only had one wrestling match at Wrestling is Fun until his end.
The Estonian Thunderfrog
- Drop the Hammer: Wielded first the Hammer of Peace, then the Hammer of War after the Bloc Party destroyed the original hammer. One of his trademarks was slamming it down from the top turnbuckle, stunning everyone and knocking them from the ring. Killed the Brown Morning of Belarus and Tursas with it.
- Frogs and Toads: Thunderfrog!
- Funny Foreigner: From Estonia and didn't have a good grasp of the English language. Chuck Taylor and the Gentleman's Club delighted in teaching him curse words without telling him what they actually meant.
- Killed Off for Real: Executed by Deucalion at The World Is Not Enough.
- Back from the Dead: Possibly. In a video shown to iPPV viewers after Tomorrow Never Dies concluded, it was revealed that a baby Thunderfrog had been discovered.
- Odd Friendship: With Jervis Cottonbelly.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: The Hammer of Peace/War. It could barely be moved by anyone besides the Thunderfrog, much less actually lifted.
- After the Thunderfrog's death, this has overlapped with Take Up My Sword, as the Hammer was lifted and claimed by Icarus at the end of this video.
- Shout-Out: To The Mighty Thor.
Haack 'n' Slaash
- Co-Dragons: To Dr. Cube
- Elite Mook: Compared to Dr. Cube's rank-and-file human minions.
- Identity Impersonator: Following the reveal that Dr. Cube was Jakob Hammermeier, one of the two followed him to the BDK - and soon revealed himself as Pinkie Sanchez.
- Animal Motif: Jaguars.
- Beard of Evil
- Pintsized Powerhouse: While he only stands 5'8 in a stable where the rest of the members stand around 6'6-6'7, Jaka is just as ferocious and dangerous as the other members of Sidney Bakabella's Wrecking Crew. And it's barely fair to call him pint-sized, since shoulder-to-shoulder he's wider than any of the Wrecking Crew except for Max Smashmaster.
- Screaming Warrior
- Wild Samoan: Actually billed from Africa, but still an invocation of this type of character.
The Latvian Proud Oak
The Lithuanian Snow Troll
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: It got him out of being executed by Deucalion.
- Dirty Coward: Has been viewed as this for begging his way out of sharing the same fate as his former friends, especially by commentary.
- Funny Foreigner: He was a member of the Baltic Siege, after all.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Seems to have developed this towards Jimmy Jacobs and the Flood, enough to attack Icarus and return to them after being freed.
- May be developing the same towards Kevin Condron, as he chose to follow him upon being freed for the second time during Tomorrow Never Dies.
N_R_G (Race Jaxon and Hype Rockwell)
- Expy: To the Owen Hart/Koko B. Ware tag team of High Energy.
- Ironic Name: Hype Rockwell is not only the less excitable member of the team, but has become increasingly unlikely to seem hyped about anything.
- Keet: Race Jaxon.
- Punny Name: Their tag name.
- Red Baron: Race's is "The Generator".
- Salt and Pepper: With Race as the salt and Hype as the pepper.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Averted. Promised a war against the Estonian Thunderfrog for what happened to Tursas, but Deucalion got to him first.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Was frequently mistaken for Tursas, though maybe this will happen less now that the actual Tursas has returned as well.
Oleg the Usurper
- Stealth Pun: Sabar is originally from Pakistan, but immigrated over to Georgia, hence why he is with The Soviet Bloc Party. And with how much of a resemblance he bears to X-Pac, Sabar is literally an Ex-Pak!
- X-Py: Looks and acts like X-Pac.
- Badass Princess
- It's All About Me: In Wrestling Is Fun she would repeatedly upstage Knight Eye For the Pirate Guy, usually giving herself credit for their success even in cases where she didn't do anything.
- Spoiled Sweet
- Took a Level in Badass: In her CHIKARA debut at King of Trios 2014, she proved to be much tougher than her Wrestling Is Fun appearances suggested.
The Proletariat Boar of Moldova
Qefka the Quiet
Ashley Remington (formerly Dalton Castle)
- Even the Guys Want Him: Bryce Remsburg is particularly smitten with him.
- Idle Rich: Seems to spend his time yachting, throwing parties, and occasionally wrestling.
- Nice Guy: He could give Jervis Cottonbelly a run for his money here. Unfailingly polite and courteous, as well.
- Described as having held a door open for everyone to enter the Palmer Center before You Only Live Twice for four hours straight.
- Gives his opponents fruit baskets after defeating them.
- Charmed Kodama by giving him a potted plant, which backfired on him when Kodama presented him with a present of his own...which prompted an expression of pure Squick.
- Invites everyone to yacht parties after the shows.
- When locking up during a match, he immediately breaks a hold when a referee starts to count and informs them, "I break at one, my good man."
- Red Baron: "Smooth Sailin'"
- Wrestling Family: Darkness Crabtree's nephew, as revealed in this video.
- Breakup Breakout: Of the Two Masked Condor Security Guys.
- The Dragon: He is Jimmy Jacobs' acolyte.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared during the 11/30/13 scavenger hunt event, along with his now-former partner.
- Meaningful Name: Volgar is a derivative of Volga, both the name of the largest river in Europe based in Russia and also the Russian word for "wet", both tying into the theme of The Flood.
- No Name Given: Volgar's partner who was kicked out by Jimmy Jacobs via Eddie Kingston.
- Stout Strength: A pretty hefty guy but certainly a strong one, as well.
Staff and other non-wrestlers
- Bald of Evil: Hidden under a wig.
- Disco Dan: Seems to be stuck in the 80s.
- Expy: Of "Number One" Paul Jones and Paul Ellering.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: He seems to be stuck in the early 90s. At Under The Hood, he called out Herb Abrams. Herb's promotion closed in 1996 and Herb is dead. Since then he's made references to working with Fritz Von Erich, The Sheik, and frequently says he's doing the bidding of Toots Mondt. The guy's all over the place.
- At Just Shadows in the Fog, which was held in Tampa, FL on March 8, 2013, before the CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas match between 3.0 and the Devastation Corporation, he cut a promo where he said that he would have brought The One Man Gang with him, but Sir Oliver Humperdink prevented that and he proceeded to verbally run down Humperdink. Humperdink, real name John Sutton, who did in fact manage the One Man Gang for a time in the old Florida territory in the 1980s, passed away on March 20, 2011.
- Hired Guns: Like his charges the Devastation Corporation, he will work for whoever pays him. Currently in the employ of the Flood.
- Two Decades Behind: At least.
- Easily Distracted Referee: Which tends to get him heavily booed by fans.
- Ironic Nickname: Often referred to as "The Sheriff" on commentary, for his supposed ability to lay down the law. In actuality he's the referee most likely to fail to catch a rudo cheating.
- The Quiet One
- The Hostess: Of the weekly "Throwdown Lowdown" segment on CHIKARA's YouTube channel after Sara Del Rey left.
- Non-Action Girl: Doesn't wrestle. She just hosted the Throwdown Lowdown. And used to valet and now does ring announcing in a promotion that isn't Chikara.
Leonard F. Chikarason
- Bigger Bad: He's a character in Kaiju Big Battel, not CHIKARA. However, he's the former (and possibly current) holder of the Eye of Tyr.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Heavily suspected to be this upon his joining The Flood, as the original Dr. Cube was seemingly assassinated at a Kaiju Big Battel show.
- Confirmed at King of Trios 2014. He's Jakob Hammermeier. And he has the Eye.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Sure, his UltraMantis-esque theatrics may make him seem goofy, but he and his Posse annihilated Wrestling is Awesome in one fell swoop by taking both the title and event gate. Appeared as part of the Flood from then until King of Trios 2014, when he unmasked and took over the BDK.
Gavin Loudspeaker/Louden Noxious
- Hammy Herald: In his ring announcer role.
- The Host: Of CHIKARA's YouTube series, "Podcast-A-Go-Go". As Noxious, hosts the "Kaiju 360" YouTube series.
- Non-Action Guy: Until Tim Donst pushed him too far, leading to Gavin actually defeating Donst in a Hair vs. Hair match at Aniversario: Never Compromise with a superplex after Jakob Hammermeier KOed Donst.
- Waxing Lyrical: Always opens up CHIKARA's shows by singing a song and strumming his guitar. Also had an impromptu performance at the November 2nd Rally.
Private Eye Jr.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Alluded to by Icarus at the September rally via a sign that read #13Y19T5R9U13P. Originally thought to be a reference to the unsolved Mysterium P. puzzle, this led to Private Eye Jr.'s Instagram account instead. Was also active on the 101 around that same time, under the username SilverWingsHeels. Made his first official appearance in the Ashes video "Sweat Shop" two months later.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Despite being one of the first to be Killed Off for Real, his demise has seemingly been forgotten about in the wake of the other deaths the Flood has caused.
- Generation Xerox: Son of the original Private Eye.
- Killed Off for Real: Got his neck snapped by 17 just before the Flood invaded National Pro Wrestling Day 2014.
- The Chew Toy
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Disappeared from CHIKARA in early 2013. Hinted to be related to his anti-Wink blogs.
- Resurfaced first at Aniversario: Never Compromise in June 2013. He managed to get to the ring and claimed he had something to say about "the company that owns CHIKARA". Quickly removed from the ring after showing a now-infamous (Photoshopped) picture of the Titor Conglomerate's higher-ups. Met with Mike Quackenbush the day afterward, which was shown in part in the Ashes video series and in full in the Ashes movie.
- Returned to CHIKARA as a referee during Tomorrow Never Dies, with Quackenbush on commentary revealing that he had promised to rehire Sabato.
- Jerkass: He seems to relish going against the grain and ruffling feathers.
- Jerkass Has a Point: A lot of his blogs on CHIKARA's website in 2012 have pointed out the hypocrisy in CHIKARA (e.g. Quackenbush's career-ending assaults on GEKIDO) as well as the incompetence of Wink Vavasseur, to the point where some fans actually called for Sabato to replace Wink... only for Sabato to call out the fans on their fickle natures, stating he doesn't want the job.
- The Quisling: Happily volunteered to act as GEKIDO's liason, and before that he worked with The BDK.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Got kicked out of the BDK by Jakob after screwing up the BDK's ring introduction. Possibly a Take That since on the CHIKARA return show he messed up on the microphone by confusing Tursas and Nøkken for each other.
- Non-Action Guy: Although he was booked to wrestle at You Only Live Twice, he was replaced by the returning Tursas. He was never booked to wrestle again and actually disappeared from CHIKARA until Jakob Hammermeier took over the BDK, only returning to be the BDK's ring announcer until being Put on a Bus.
- Put on a Bus: By Jakob Hammermeier and the returning Pinkie Sanchez.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: To Jakob Hammermeier. They're both white guys in white suits who do ring announcing for the BDK in German.
- Action Girl: Averted, in a rarity for CHIKARA. She claimed to be one in a few blogs she wrote for the Chikara website, but she never did more than hit people with Archie's baton a few times.
- Dope Slap: Delivers a nice one to Kodama here. Even though she was the one who said the stupid thing.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Type 2 - seen as early as King of Trios 2009 doing the same jobs as other Wrestle Factory students (taking jackets & ringing bells etc).
- Not So Above It All: She may have acted horrified when Mr. Touchdown killed Sapphire, but she got over it pretty quickly.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: After allying with Tim Donst.
- Really Gets Around: She came to CHIKARA with Archie, dumped him for Mr. Touchdown, ended up with Tim Donst, left him, and made one appearance with The Batiri in Absolutely Intense Wrestling before disappearing from wrestling.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: She heard something on the second-to-last Chikara show that caused her to dump Donst and leave the promotion entirely.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 6'1, probably at least 6'3" with heels.
- Bigger Bad: Has had barely any interactions with the Chikara promotion, but he's a very high ranking member of Titor Conglomerate and Wink's father.
- He Who Must Not Be Named: For several months, the Chikara 101 forums autocensored Conrad's name along with some other words relating to Titor Conglomerate and Condor Security. The whole angle makes heavy use of Painting the Medium and the idea behind it was that the Titor Conglomerate people who owned Chikara were autocensoring the forums to try and keep the fans from talking about stuff that was none of their business. The Titor-related autocensors were finally deactivated in November 2013 (although Chris Hero's wasn't, see his entry above as to why).
- The Dog Bites Back: Verbally abused and ordered around for years by his father, due to being a "Well Done, Son!" Guy. Wink got revenge in a big way in October/November of 2013. First, he revealed just what Titor wanted with CHIKARA in the first place, along with the real purpose of CHIKARAbermetrics and just who was bankrolling GEKIDO and the Colony Xtreme Force. After being threatened, he then went underground and masterminded the hijack of Condor Security's scavenger hunt by CHIKARA forces.
- The Napoleon: He's quite short and his increasingly stupid decisions and demands for respect are implied to be because he's suffering from a bit of this.
- Non-Action Big Bad: By 2013.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Confirmed on the official forums by a now-former moderator, who said that the reason "Conrad [Vavasseur]'s screwup son" got the job was because Chikara was supposed to be "somewhere no one would notice."
- Put on a Bus: In the post-credits stinger of the Ashes movie, he was seen wrapped in garbage bags and about to be thrown in the back of a van as his father ordered Condor Security to "make this screwup go away".
- Reassigned to Antarctica: For Wink, Chikara is Antarctica. His father stuck him at a small independent wrestling promotion due to his incomptence elsewhere.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Compare the beginning of 2011, when he sanctioned the Grand Championship, to 2012, when he broke up multiple successful tag teams with his Chikarabermetrics nonsense.
- Subverted in regards to CHIKARAbermetrics, which has since been revealed to have had a hidden, more sinister purpose.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Particularly in regards to Eddie Kingston, to the point where Kingston is the only person he refused to apologize to regarding his actions against him.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Only wanted his father's approval. When he realized he would never receive it, he turned on him for all the abuse he suffered.