open/close all folders
- In the Tiny Titans/Little Archie crossover, Robin speculates (correctly) that Mrs Grundy is married to Solomon Grundy. Later Solomon Grundy shows up and claims to have no idea what Robin is talking about regarding supervillainy. On his way out of the classroom he gestures at Robin angrily.
Films — Animation
- One of the possum brothers gives Manny this in Ice Age 2: The Meltdown when they notice that he's growing interested in their "sister", Ellie.
- A thug does this in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie during the "Baby Hunt".
- Officer Devereaux Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs does a funny variant of this trope:
Officer Devereaux: This contact lens represents you! And my eye represents my eye! (puts on contact lens) I've got my eye on you!
Films — Live-Action
- Barney from How I Met Your Mother uses this gesture to encourage his friends to "focus on the prize". Which is usually casual sex and/or hijinks.
- Shirley on Community does this when she and Annie are deputized to monitor April Fools' Day.
- In Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Vice-Principal Crubbs does this to Ned from time to time.
- Doakes does this to Dexter in Dexter.
- Mike Chang does this to Coach Shannon Beiste after his girlfriend Tina mentions Beiste's name at an... inappropriate moment. While completely ignoring the fact that if he hadn't told Tina about how some of the other boys were using Beiste to, erm, cool off, she would never have used the method herself and therefore never mentioned the name...sometimes Mike's not all that bright, really.
- Coach Sylvester does this too to Rachel after leaving Principal Higgins' office.
- An episode of Saturday Night Live with Zachary Quinto promoting the new Star Trek had a Star Trek fan do this to him with his fingers in the Vulcan salute.
- In Monty Python's Flying Circus, John Cleese does this to Terry Jones after he says the word mattress... twice.
- On Some Girls, Holli does this at a school function to one of the nuns who had taken all the Hawaiian pizza slices. The nun repeats the gesture in kind.
- A suspicious Clara does this to the Doctor on Doctor Who (in "The Caretaker") when he cancels their weekly adventure for something else he came up needing needing deep cover for. Naturally, she turns out to be right when the Doctor shows up at her school posing as the new caretaker.
- The I'm watching you◊ rage face, which is of the third phase of the motions.
- On WWE's fifth NXT season, when Maxine tried to marry Derrick Bateman, Bateman's disapproving mother gave her this gesture.
- Edward gives this gesture to Bella in Twilight The Musical.
- Drebin in Metal Gear Solid 4 does a variation of this to Snake called "EYE HAVE YOU", which starts at the "eye" step, then he clenches a fist, then points to Snake.
- In Office Jerk and Office Zombie, the Jerk and Zombie both do this as taunts. The Jerk does the standard version. The Zombie takes his right eye out, points at it, points at you, and then sticks the eye back in the socket.
- The Sniper has this as one of his taunts in Team Fortress 2.
- The trope image comes from a strip of Theater Hopper.
- The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
- A young Doctor McNinja does this to Frans Rayner when the latter is getting laughed at by the ninja guild for his neckbeard.
- And in a later arc, in the Bad Future, to King Radical.
- Nicki to Philip in Times Like This.
- Done by CK to Mittens in one Commander Kitty episode.
- After getting sussed out as a spy in Drowtales Sara'hilana has this gesture directed at her by Sal'bara here after they're forced to release her.
- Occurs again later when Tebryn does a variation with the index and pinkie fingers pointed at Zala'ess, this time to indicate that she "saw what you did" aka saw the corpse of her mother, whom Zala helped murder.
- Happens a few times in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Apparently in the Avatarverse, instead of using the index and middle fingers to point to their eyes, they use the index and pinky fingers, which somehow looks considerably more badass.
- Katara does this in "The Blind Bandit" episode of to the bully earthbender students.
- Katara also does it to Jet in "Lake Laogai".
- The Legend of Korra inherits the index-and-pinky version of the gesture from its predecessor.
- In Phineas and Ferb episode "No More Bunny Buisness", Perry the Platypus does this to Dennis the Bunny.
- Family Guy: "Let's use our eyes...to see..."
- Agent/Headmaster Phil Coulson does this to Spider-Man in Ultimate Spider-Man.
- In various episodes of Sonic Boom, Sticks has a tendency to do this if she thinks someone is untrustworthy. For example, in Two Good To Be True, Eggman backspaces before he says outright that he's going to attack them next Tuesday, cuing this reaction from her.