is a retired American Professional Wrestler
, manager/valet and trainer from Cape Girardeau, MO best known for her work with Ring of Honor
. She debuted in 2002 in Gateway Championship Wrestling after training under Delirious
, who had already debuted alongside MsChif
. Haze worked for IWA Mid-South before debuting in ROH in 2004, and she would work there on-and-off until 2011. Among her in-ring accomplishments, she is a former 2x IWA Mid-South Women's Champion
, a former APW Future Legend Champion, a 2x NWA Midwest Women's Champion
and a former SHIMMER Tag Team Champion
with Tomoka Nakagawa. She has also competed for Wrestlicious
and many independent promotions. She retired in 2011 due to unspecified health issues.
As usual, the basics can be found at The Other Wiki
Tight rolled dynamite tropes:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Haze considered any wrestler with romantic or sexual feeling for her to be one (with the possible exception of Sydal), but Salvatore Rinauro in NWA Wildside and the Murder City Machine Guns in Ring Of Honor stood out.
- Arch-Enemy: She claimed, "Pollution, hate and other variants that destroy the Universe." in Glory. Fans tend to say Sara Del Rey (excluding when they teamed together in Chikara and SHIMMER) if only because Haze has wrestled against her more than anyone else.
- Badass Adorable
- Its natural to want to keep the smallest person on the roster, which Haze often is, protected but considering one of her earliest feuds was with GCW's Nightbreed and she was later one of the first responders to ROH's Pantheon Of Gods and Age Of The Fall, she really built up more of a reputation for helping to protect the rest of the roster. Not that she never needed help. Haze had been dropped on the guard rail by Lacey, beaten on and abducted by Austin Aries, put through a table and hit with a rail road spike by Jimmy Jacobs, but never stopped fighting through it all and saw to it her charges were taken care of.
- Declared by the International Wrestling Cartel to be the toughest wrestler they ever had, pound for pound.
- Badass Teacher: Trained Jamilia Craft and had a hand in the training of Veda Scott (who really shows it), Mia Yim (oops) and "Bonesaw" Jessie Brooks, among others.
- Bash Brothers: Delirious and Matt Sydal, but rarely with both at the same time since Delirious can't stand Matt. Traci Brooks and Trinity, also rarely at the same time. Christie Ricci, Mickie Knuckles, Jerry Lynn.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: At SHIMMER Volume 14, a frustrated Haze tried finishing MsChif with her own signature moves, but this just ended up angering her. Tried again in volume 21, where MsChif just took it in stride.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: She suffered a broken nose (see Wounded Gazelle Gambit) at CHIKARA Reality Is Relative but looked OK a month later.
- The Bus Came Back:
- She made a one-time appearance at a St. Louis-area indy show in December 2012 in the corner of longtime rival MsChif.
- She made an appearance on a January 2015 CHIKARA card, still (or re) affiliated with the BDK, delivering a "gift" to Jakob Hammermeier at the behest of Delirious.
- Cardiovascular Love: At CHIKARA Chaos in the Sea of Lost Souls, she wore a belt that on the back read "I ♥ Me."
- Chickification: Believed that CHIKARA was trying to impose this on her. At Cibernetico Increible, October 18, 2009, she and Sara Del Rey cut a promo in which Daizee talked about how she didn't want "to be treated like a little lady" and how she and Sara were better than the guys, naming Eddie Kingston, Ophidian, Brodie Lee and Green Ant. Sara said, "There's something going on that I think we might be perfect for." That "something" turned out to be the BDK, which formed at the end of the 2009 Season Finale Three-Fisted Tales on November 22nd, and they took part in the big riot that marked its formation, attacking whoever they could find.
- Color Motif: Wore a lot of green. It fits since it's a color used to symbolize nature and flowers (and cannabis) were a big part of her image.
- Confusion Fu: If she lands a heart punch, Haze will almost always immediately with one of five different finishing moves, meaning even if the opponent has fight left they have a second at most to correctly counter.
- Costume Porn: She sews and designs wrestling gear, being a contributor to Delirious, Matt Sydal, MsChif and Trik Davis's wardrobes.
- Dark Action Girl: Could beat up the guys as well as she could the women.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Delirious, even talking like him at times and using the name Shelirious. She went on to serve alongside him at the head of Ring of Honor's wrestling school.
- Enemy Mine: Her usual rival MsChif decided to help Daizee Haze take out Mia Yim, who was causing both of them trouble in RCW. Daizee played cooperatively for a bit until during a double Muta lock, MsChif slapped Haze's belly, causing her to lose her grip and then indignantly attack MsChif long enough for Yim to recover and make a brief comeback.
- Even the Girls Want Her: GCW ring announcer Erica introduced Haze, along with weight and home town as "The only person I would want to sit on my face." (which for obvious reasons, was only mentioned on the adult shows)
- Face-Heel Turn: Worked mostly as a heel in CHIKARA and mostly as a face just about everywhere else. She turned heel in Ring Of Honor when she betrayed Generation Next for the Embassy and in SHIMMER when she and Tomoka Nakagawa went after the Seven Star Sisters' tag team titles.
- Failure Is the Only Option: GCW Bad Mood seemed like an easier than normal night for Haze, since she was up against perhaps the only wrestler in the promotion who did not have a size advantage over her, Jackal. But Jackal had his Diabolic Khaos partners interfering on his behalf and the match was being officiated by Sean Vincent, an enemy to Diabolic Khaos but a bigger enemy to women.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Typically wore more accessories on her left arm.
- Fat and Skinny: Mickie Knuckles and Daizee Haze are the same height but Knuckles is over seventy pounds heavier than her. One of the most extreme contrasts was against Knuckles though when Haze teamed with the 6'3 330 lbs Super Oprah in IWA East Coast.
- Flipping the Bird: At GCW Adults F-N Only 7 when MsChif mocked her by wearing pig tails and waving the "peace" sign.
- Finishing Move: A bridging German Suplex (briefly replaced by a tiger suplex), Daizee Cutter (springboard cutter), Cashed Out (jawbreaker to face buster), Mind Trip (snapmare driver), Tight Roller(sleeper hold), Yakuza Kick
- Flower Motif: Take a guess. She even has a giant one to "plant" in the ring post.
- Glass Jaw Referee: Called to referee Amazing Kong vs LuFisto at SHIMMER volume 27 in an attempt to defy this.
- Good Counterpart
- MsChif resided in various otherworldly locals, Daizee moved between identifiable towns like Forest Park, Illinois, living in tune with the Earth. MsChif banged her head to loud music while Haze meditated. Both were technical wrestlers but MsChif was a Blood Knight with little time for referees or restraint, Daizee Haze liked folk style rules. Daizee promoted good will and understanding, MsChif turned on The Ministry of Hate because its leader was not hateful enough. When Daizee Haze debuted the two immediately bumped heads and were considered arch enemies for a time, wonder why? Also a bit technician vs performer. MsChif has more moves but Daizee Haze has more finishers.
- MsChif intended Nightbreed, the tag team of Jackal and Cabal, to be evil counterparts to Daizee Haze and Johnny Greenpeace. Daizee Loved the Earth, Jackal was often covered in it.
- Granola Girl: Her gimmick in SHIMMER.
- Hair Decorations: Though not pictured, Daizee often wrestled in headbands/hair bands.
- Heroic Resolve: At ROH Final Battle 2010, she had a broken nose before the contest and having Amazing Kong as a partner almost meant nothing as Sara Del Rey and Serena Deeb kept her isolated for much of their tag match. Yet Haze managed to kick out of Serena's Got To Sleep (gut buster) and Del Rey's Royal Butterfly, taking two pile drivers to keep down.
- I Have Many Names: Along with Daizee Haze and Shelirious, she has also gone by Crazy Daisy in LLF and Marley Sebastian in Wrestlicious.
- Ice Queen: Suggested to be this by Sugar Dunkerton at CHIKARA Aniversario Zehn, May 22, 2010, before the Throwbacks (Dunkerton/Dasher Hatfield)-BDK (Haze/Tursas) match. Sugar said that he wanted to get with her and melt her icy heart with some hot chocolate. It didn't work out too well for him, since the BDK team won and Tursas splashed Dunkerton after the match. Daizee smiled at that.
- Jobber: Essentially the role of GCW alumni in TNA but Daizee Haze came off looking slightly better than the rest, pulling off a Fearful Symmetry sequence against Alexis Laree while Matt Sydal was pinned by Julio Dinero and getting to go over MsChif and Brandi Wine in dark matches...slightly better. Nurse Veronica did force her to wear a diaper.
- Mission from God: Variation, she called her turn against the SHIMMER fans a "Mission From Mother Earth". Naturally, Mother Earth's command was humble everyone until all admit Dazee Haze is #1.
- New-Age Retro Hippie/The Stoner: Her original gimmick, and her gimmick in Wrestlelicious. The fans at RCW actually chanted "Kill the hippie!" during her matches.
- Oblivious to Love: She failed to notice Delirious developing a crush on her during their time in Ring Of Honor. Partially out of naivety but mostly because Rhett Titus was actively sabotaging Delirious's efforts.
- One of the Boys: What she would no longer be if she dated Delirious was Daizee's reasoning for turning him down, once she finally became aware of his feelings.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: She had been barred from ring side at IWC so that John McChesney could finally get a clean shot at Delirious's Super Indy Title but she got around the ban hiding in the crowd. Fooled the officials but not McChesney, who simply dropped her on top of Delirious.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: The only 5'4 and around 110 lbs. Daizee Haze was rib slim but toned all over. At Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Show, July 25, 2010, she hit a German Suplex on AMAZING KONG! OK, yes, Sara Del Rey had to hit Kong with a Koppo Kick first, but, she still did a lift larger, taller wrestlers like Blue Nikita couldn't pull off. Even more impressive, she got the pin with it.
- Power Stable:
- (in ROH): Generation Next and the Embassy.
- (in CHIKARA): The BDK.
- Properly Paranoid: She was scared to be around the International Wrestling Cartel and Ring of Honor school, sure someone was stalking her, especially after she found a switchblade in the ring when she and Delirious were getting ready to train students with. She became less frightened when she figured out it was Sami Callihan but the Switchblade conspiracy ran a little deeper than she thought.
- Put on a Bus: After Claudio Castagnoli kayfabe-injured her with a chokeslam, kicking her out of the BDK, Sara Del Rey announced on a blog that Daizee would post an update about her condition 'very soon.' This never happened. She's made a few sporadic appearances in non-wrestling roles since, but never returned to the ring.
- Rage Quit: From SHIMMER after she and Tomoka Nakagawa lost the Tag Team Championships to Ayako Hamada and Ayumi Kurihara
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- (In CHIKARA, ROH, IWA Mid-South and SHIMMER): Long Beach Dub Allstars' "Sensi"
- (in IWC): Samantha Fox's "Touch Me"
- (in ROH): Miklós Rózsa's "Parade of the Charioteers"
- (as a member of the Embassy): Lil Kim's "Drugs (Instrumental)"
- Signature Move: Daizee-canrana, heart punch
- Tag Team: Team SHIMMER with The Radiant Rain in Chikara. Also teamed with Sara Del Rey in Chikara and Tomoka Nakagawa in SHIMMER.
- Technical Pacifist: Started out as one. She enjoyed competitive wrestling as long as it was clean and good spirited. For some reason, this rarely seemed to last in any promotion.
- The Rival: After MsChif it is The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew, especially The Lovely Lacey, whom she had a particularly brutal feud with in Ring Of Honor between Lacey's Angels and Age Of The Fall. She has a friendlier one with Mickie Knuckles.
- Tournament Arc: She beat Infernal Kaoru in the finals of Chick Fight VI. She also won the IWA Texas and Anarchy Championship Wrestling hosted American Joshi Queen of Queens Tournament, Sara Del Rey being the final opponent she beat.
- Translator Buddy: The reason she was paired up with Delirious in ICW and IWC
- Tuckerization: Her name is based on that of Darren Hayes of the band Savage Garden.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: One of her standard tactics was to scream and cower when a guy was about to hit her, and then attack him when he hesitated. Even guys who knew what she was doing and had no problem with hitting her if she was standing would hesitate to hit a cowering girl - which was exactly what she was counting on.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Employed it in her match with Madison Eagles at CHIKARA Chaos in the Sea of Lost Souls when it appeared she had hurt her nose (she had broken it a month earlier at Reality Is Relative), and at one point the crowd shouted "She's trying to lure you into a false sense of security!" Of course, Haze used the distraction to cheap shot Eagles.