open/close all folders
ZelosA bounty hunter that prefers to be a lone wolf, and doesn't like how people keep wanting to follow him. Both of his arms are mechanical prosthetics that give him an edge on the battlefield, especially if a Core Elemental is contained within them. His weapon of choice is the gun.
- Artificial Limbs: Both of his arms are mechanical.
- Artificial Human: He's Prototype ZERO, clone of unnamed alien soul and a human genome.
- BFG: His primary weapon is a revolver that is about as large as his arms.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Zelos killed so many people on his contracts that he didn't even realize he killed Adelle's parents and lampshades it when she finally plays her true cards.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: His color scheme changes with the various Core Elementals equipped.
- Easily Forgiven: After spanking Adelle around on her revenge attempt and letting Lydia win against him when the latter came to defend Adelle, Zelos apologizes for having killed Adelle's parents, an incredibly rare case coming from him. Adelle mellows out a bit to him after that.
- Easy Amnesia: According to his profile, he's missing quite a bit of his memory. He doesn't care.
- Jerk Ass: His profile states it best, the man is totally amoral and will do anything for money.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: According to the other characters.
- Punch Clock Hero: The only reasons he ever has for doing good is that it was a job, or he was taunted into it. Sometimes both.
- Sociopathic Hero: He has no conscience and feels no guilt when killing people. This bites him back in the ass when Adelle reveals that he killed her parents and she joined him so she could kill him.
- Sword and Gun: Without equipping Core Elementals the sword sees little use however, primarily being used to break things when exploring.
- Tsundere: Gives the impression of being one at times, due to his excessive reactions to minor prodding to help others.
Nyugen LeA blonde adventurer that was assigned by the guild to work with Zelos on a hard mission. Like the other two given this task, Le decided to say with Zelos after the mission was over. His dream is to rescue a cute Distressed Damsel and get into a relationship. His weapon of choice is the knife.
- Back Stab: His Ambush Original Skill tricks the enemies into turning their backs on him, which he follows up with a flying jump dagger first into their backs.
- Casanova Wannabe: Even his dream is to Rescue cute Distressed Damsel. Yes, he never succceed in having a girlfriend.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Knife Nut: Coupled with attack types enabling him for combos.
- Loveable Rogue: Nyugen Le is cheerful, ever optimistic, and exceptionally good at stealing.
- Shock and Awe
AdelleA purple-haired mercenary that was assigned to help Zelos rescue Aria, and decided not to part ways afterwards. Her weapon of choice is the sword.
- An Ice Person
- Hypocritical Humor: She often calls out Zelos on his crude language. She's almost as foul mouthed as him.
- Playing with Fire
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Her profile states that she is friendly only to those she considers friend.
- Tomboy And Girly Girl: She's the Tomboy to Aria's Girly Girl.
- Tsundere: She's typically kind to everyone. Her personality completely reverses when dealing with Zelos. She has great reasons for this, as shown below.
- You Killed My Father: Adelle only joined the group because she wants to avenge her parents, who were killed by Zelos in one of his contracts.
- Zettai Ryouiki
DujaA white-haired mercenary given the same task as Le and Adelle. His weapon of choice is the 'break', which is akin to a cross between a tomahawk and boomerang.
AriaA young, blue-haired lady that was rescued by Zelos and the other mercenaries. Upon realizing that she lost her memories, she decided to travel with Zelos and his 'friends', hoping to remember her past along the way. Her weapon of choice is the staff.
- Artificial Human: She's a human genome like Duja.
- Casting a Shadow
- Easy Amnesia: Like Zelos she's missing much of her memory. Unlike him it's a major concern of hers.
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Magic Staff
- The Medic
- Tomboy And Girly Girl: She's the Girly Girl to Adelle's Tomboy.
SnowA mysterious lady with white hair that needs Zelos' help. Her weapon of choice is the staff.
SciorraA pink-haired catgirl that hunts in order to survive. After encountering Zelos and his party, and hearing about their jobs as jacks-of-all-trades, she joins them. Her weapon of choice is the spear.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever pet her, the results are described as energetic, blood, and the stuff nightmares are made of. Touching her tail is off limits in general as well, for other reasons.
- Cat Girl: She's a beastkin.
- Cuteness Proximity: She's noted to have a serious weakness for cute, cuddly, and fuzzy things and can not resist petting, fondling, and generally playing with anything of the sort that comes near her.
- Don't Think, Feel: She acts almost entirely on instinct for everything, which tends to disturb the rest of the group.
- Genki Girl
- Zettai Ryouiki: A rather interesting example, as it's her fur that provides the look rather than socks.
NoelA green-haired boy with wings that met up with the group while lost on a shopping trip. After being rescued he tags along to learn to be strong like Zelos. His weapon of choice is the staff.
- Absent Minded Magician: He often spends so much time studying magic that he forgets to eat, sleep, and bathe.
- Ironic Fear: He could fly, but he's acrophobic. Zelos of all people somehow helps him out of this.
- Magic Staff
- Winged Humanoid: Unfortunately his fear of heights renders them nearly useless, he can't bring himself to fly.
BridgetteA young elf girl Zelos' crew encounters while exploring some ruins. She joins the team after Zelos butts into her attempts to get treasure one too many times.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: As stated in her profile, she developed a strong love for history due to her parents occupation as Archeologists, and continues their legacy, to the best of her ability. The only time she feels truly happy is when exploring undiscovered ruins, as that is the only time she feels as though her parents were still with her.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Has the brattiness down to a "T", and is quite small, though her age is ambiguous at best.
- Big "NO!": If she starts running out of health, she may scream this when taking further damage, or if she's hit by a particularly potent attack.
- Cleavage Window: Some kind of frilly undershirt is all that shields her breasts from exposure. Her short tie, which hangs down the center, subverts this in a curious way.
- Cool Hat: It has wing-like appendages.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: If everything is played correctly, after five encounters with Zelos and being defeated one last time, Bridgette and her aides will join his party.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: As the in-game profile describes her: "To say that Bridgette has a temper is to say that water has a tendency to be wet." She displays this all throughout the game, seemingly perpetually angry.
- The Napoleon: Second check in her shortness. She WILL attempt to scythe-slash anyone who insults her height, usually amplified with furious shrieking.
- Pintsized Power House: Third check in her shortness. She's obviously quite short, yet wields the biggest weapon class in the game: the Scythe. And she swings it around like it's made of paper.
- Princess in Rags: While not likely royalty, she fits the overall attributes: She WAS rich, but was swindled out of her inheritance by the rest of her family. She retains the Rich Bitch attitude, often outright demanding things from everyone else. And her arrogance is top-tier. The only part not quite kept is that, despite being destitute, she somehow retains a very good-looking outfit.
- Purple Eyes: Given her evident proficiency with Electricity, it could be related to Plasma.
- Satisfied Street Rat: Possibly. She never mentions her dead parents, and has seemingly gotten a firm hold on her life, even if she's still homeless.
- Shock and Awe: Half of her unique super attacks use electricity.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapon of choice. Official art portrays her personal one as having an eye that always looks at her.
- Stepford Smiler: Not within the game itself, but ALL artwork of her portrays her as smiling sweetly, despite the fact that she is filled with rage and frustration.
- Sweet Tooth: An entire in-game mission revolves around going out to kill a bunch of dragons just to earn enough money to "buy her a swimming pool of cake and ice cream". It was Nguyen Le's idea...
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: By now, it is quite evident that her small stature is a major character trait... Short, angry, female. All checks confirmed. She'll even lash out at her own aides when in a particularly bad mood, particullarly Vaughn.
- Tsundere: Tsun-tsun 95% of the time, but she has had some sweet moments with Zelos, for some reason. He always blows her off, immediately resetting her back to Tsun-mode.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A. On top of that, her skirt is so short that the ends of her bloomers sometimes peek out, resulting in a narrow window of exposed skin.
KayeA lovable and polite dark elf who serves as Bridgette's bodyguard along with Vaughn. Originally from a royal family, she ran away due to not exactly liking the idea of being royalty.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: And God she looks way pretty in it.
- Fragile Speedster
- Knife Nut: And her skills are quite tailored for that.
- Rebellious Princess: Did we mention that she ran away from the royal family she was part of and started wearing herself like a man?
- Samus Is a Girl: A nice moment in one scene involving her, provoked by Zelos, no less.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: She does this as her way to act incognito from her family. You would notice from the first time you see her, but somehow no one in Neverland before Zelos, except maybe Vaughn and Bridgette, have ever noticed Kaye's a "she".