Blazing Souls Accelate is a Strategy RPG developed by Neverland and published by Idea Factory in Japan and Aksys Games in North America. It's a port of a game from the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 that was never localized, and it's somehow related to most games developed by Idea Factory.The story begins with Zelos, the protagonist, making his living as an independent contractor. One day he is investigating a certain site. It is there that he finds a mysterious stone infused with a powerful magic known as the Core Elemental. As he takes on more and more jobs to investigate other locations, he discovers more and more Core Elemental stones. On his travels, he begins to encounter the Human Genomes—new creatures created by God to replace mankind.Zelos also appears in the crossover games Chaos Wars and Cross Edge.
Provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: The in-game gallery provides biographies for all the characters, and clues to the story.
- Arbitrary Headcount Limit: You are limited to five, sometimes six units in the field.
- Fake Difficulty: The game would be so much easier if things were just explained better.
- Guide Dang It!: There's very little explanation in the game. So if you want to complete all the collections, solve the puzzles, gain all the characters and gain the true ending, you need a guide.
- Level Grinding: Makes it easier to skip/complete some puzzles.
- Optional Party Member: You can recruit clones of characters from other games in the series.
- Randomly Drops: Unless you overkill an enemy, booty is random.
- Sean Connery Is About to Shoot You: Zelos pictured above.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Since humans give out more experience than monsters, you can kill your own teammates for extra experience. The game doesn't penalize you for this if you remember to resuscitate all your characters before you clear the stage.