- Awesome Music: See here.
- Creepy Awesome: Kuroiwa has quickly become one of the more popular villains in the series thanks in part to them being a human Terminator and a fairly nightmarish psychopath. It does help that their two boss fights are considered some of the best in the game.
- Designated Hero: Despite Shintani being incredibly antagonistic towards Yagami in all his appearances and being fairly ambivalent towards Hamura's blatantly unsavory nature, he's still presented in a positive light in the story. It becomes worse when it's revealed that the only reason he got killed was because he was tired of being in Yagami's shadow and made the boneheaded decision to make a call to the ADDC.
- Demonic Spiders: Koga's crew are very athletic and use guns, which can cause Mortal Wounds, meaning that they need to be healed with a Medical Kit to remove them.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Higashi has a lot of fans because of his leitmotif, Flower of Chivalry and for having a lot of Character Development that eventually leads to him joining Yagami, Kaito and Sugiura in battles.
- Completing five courses in the batting cage allows you to buy the golden bat. Its not only part of getting a new friend, it also makes getting homeruns ridiculously easy, especially since no matter the course, once you map out which spots the balls go, you can not only finish the batting cage challenges but get Yoshida as a friend and a new EX action.
- Flux Fissure is basically Perfect Channeling from Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. While initially weak and difficult to pull off, once it's fully upgraded, as well as upgrades to Attack Damage, the EX Gauge and the Tiger Stance, it is able to take a signficant chunk out of an boss' health bar. Like Perfect Channelling, while it doesn't require the enemy to be stunned, having them stunned will create a better opening, as they will likely block the attack, which will negate it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Gamers compare the game's story to Ace Attorney. One of the actions Yagami can do in the law firm when talking to his ex-colleagues includes Phoenix Wright's signature finger-pointing "OBJECTION!" pose.
- Moral Event Horizon: Shono crossed it big time when he murdered Emi in cold blood just to frame her boyfriend.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: Gamers rushed to buy the game after Sega halted Japanese sales when Pierre Taki (the original model and voice actor for Kyohei Hamura) was arrested. This resulted in 97% of its worldwide stock being sold, and the first edition becoming a collector's item after Sega decided to remove Taki's likeness and voice from later editions of the game.
- Rewatch Bonus:
- The identity of the Mole makes sense to the entire game's plot once you know who he is.
- Also learning about Sugiura's real ties to Emi Terasawa will make some of the foreshadowing with him, Emi and Okubo have more sense.
- Uncanny Valley: Ishimatsu isn't modeled after his voice actor and, as is mentioned on his character page, he has many features that make him look inhuman.
- The Woobie: It's impossible not to feel bad for Okubo after he gets framed for two murders, including his girlfriend's.
YMMV / Judgment