Hi, I'm Sylvi, it/she/they pronouns. (Before you ask, only nonconsensual "it"s are dehumanizing.) I like video games and cats.
If you're wondering about my TLP drafts — I have ADHD, so actively maintaining things is hard. I never abandon drafts entirely, but you are free to contribute any effort you like into polishing the description, rolling examples into the draft, or anything else.
My username is in all lowercase letters — please don't capitalize it. No, I don't know why this bothers me so much.
We're plural, and our headmates will be mostly posting on forums as Tempest System, when they do anything at all on this web site, which is increasingly infrequent lately. Non-RP posts with colored text and/or emoji signatures might be one of them; check that page for more details.
- TRS Wick Cleaning (If you wanna be a huge help to the wiki, this is a good place to look)
- Trope Idea Salvage Yard
- Tropes Needing TRS
- I forgot to finish this
Demonstration of a bug regarding too-long page titles:
- Too Long Page Title 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001
- Too Long Page Title 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002
- Too Long Page Title 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003
- Too Long Page Title 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004
- Too Long Page Title 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005
- Too Long Page Title 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000006
THINGS TO WICK CHECK:
- Clean Food, Poisoned Fork (launched by RJ-19-CLOVIS-93)
- Final Death Mode (launched by chihuahua0)
- I'm Thinking It Over! (launched by TheGreneKni3t)
- Infinity -1 Sword (launcher seems to be lost in the mists of the internet)
- Secret History (launched by StarSword)
Tropes I actually launched myself:
- Play Every Day
- Shape Dies, Shifter Survives
- Video Game Randomizer (originally proposed by M Chainsaw)
- Worm in an Apple
Works pages that I started and/or are largely maintained by me:
- Beyond the Borders — My own fic, but troping is fun 😛
- Card Force Infection
- A Decent Self-Insert, Probably — Also my own fic, and mostly I just wanted to take the draft out of this page.
- Luna's Hubby
- Magical Metamorphosis
- The Murderverse
- ... And probably more that I've forgotten.
- The Harry Potter fandom, a most fascinating fandom that somehow manages to thrive after decades despite being derived from a work that totally definitely does not actually exist.
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Kingdom Hearts
- Kittens Game
- Puyo Puyo
- The World Ends with You
Obligatory list of tropes I like:
... There's more, but for some strange and surely unfathomable reason I feel like stopping there for now.
- Puyo Puyo official art
- Puyo Puyo art by The Geek Artist 08
- Rhythm Heaven official art
- Screenshots of my Final Fantasy XIV character:
- Avatar creators (picrew and the like):
- The Legend Of Zelda C Di Games
- "Among Us, but with 100 players" animation 
- Edited sprite from The World Ends with You
- Centipede (1998)
- My XIV-sona's Murderverse incarnation as drawn by Madame Butterfly Knife (full)
- Sonic the Hedgehog... official art, I assume
- Illusion of Gaia:
- JP manual
- US manual
- Level Up:
- Pokémon official art
- I have no explanation for this.
- She freaks out at anything that reminds her of TM Awe, suggesting that she has had a bad experience with him.
- She uses Eorzean units of time (bells, moons, suns) and invokes the Twelve when cursing, implying that she originated there.
- She withholds her name, implying that she believes a player might recognize it.
- She calls Cinderace "warm bun", just like the Elakhas.
the Tempests as a whole
- Multi-Gendered Split Personalities: notthepreferrednomenclature ANYWAY yeah, the system is remarkably gender-balanced. We've got three girls, two boys, a genderflownote , one Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous person, one person who opts out of gender, and one whose gender is "agender except if I ever have kids I'll be a mom".
- Catgirl: Not literally. Yet. But any avatars meant to represent me get cat ears if the option is available.
- Romantic Asexual: I like to smooch girls (mostly) and I don't really care about sex. The label I use is "grey-ace bi lesbian".
- Transgender: Genderfluxnote catgirl. Yes, I consider "catgirl" to be my gender, not just "girl". My pronouns change, but they're always some subset of it/they/she.
Characters that I have:
- Universal-Adaptor Cast: I'll reuse these in all kinds of stuff :D
All of them
- Author Avatar: They're all based loosely on me/us. That's why they're in this folder titled 'the self-inserts'.
- Transgender: They (or in plural systems, the main frontrunners) are all trans girls. Some of them have thought about it more in-depth than that, some have not.
the Tempest system (DDR)Plural system of nine, though only three get actual focus. Sylvi (it/she) is the Ultimate Catgirl, Robin (he/him) is the Ultimate Catboy, and Ana (they/them) is the Ultimate Angel.
Vivi& Elakha (Final Fantasy XIV)
- Alternate Continuity: Several slightly-different continuities exist depending on what I think is convenient to write in a given context, with the main variant being whether she's the Warrior of Light, one of their convenient adventurer friends ("Scion" timeline), or a random (but still Echo-blessed) civilian who never met the Scions, as well as a secondary variable of a different Alternate Self becoming the primary frontrunner. (There's also a Murderverse continuity, which branched off the WoL-V, civilian-F, and Scion-S timelines.) You may ask us, why make things so damn complicated? ... *walks away*
- Cat Ninja: A Miqo'te with, as of 5.4, Ninja as her main job (and one of only two DPS jobs she's at all skilled in).
- Has Two Daddies: Was adopted and raised by two men, a Hyur and an Elezen. (It was not Platonic Co-Parenting, they are in fact gay.)
- Last of Her Kind: She's the last known survivor of her tribe... unfortunately, since she was an infant at the time, nearly all of the tribe's knowledge — including what their name was — was lost with them. The Elakha name was taken from a friend of her dads', when they realized that she would otherwise lack any connection to her heritage.
- Mind Hive: In addition to Fray, Myste, and Ardbert (in the WoL timeline only), she shares her mind and body with a Viera boy named Finch and an Au Ra woman named Sariel. In the WoL and Scion timelines, they hypothesize that they're different shards of the same sundered soul, but they're not sure how to confirm that. (In the civilian timeline, they just kinda shrug and decide it doesn't matter where they came from.)
- Name From Another Species: All three have the Miqo'te surname "Elakha", even though Finch is a Viera and Sariel is an Au Ra. There's probably some kind of in-universe reason for this but we haven't decided what.
- Renaissance Man: She's at least level 50 in every job available as of Shadowbringers, including maxing out all healers, tanks, crafters, and gatherers. (But the only DPS she's trained that far in are Dancer, Ninja, and technically Summoner.)
- Retcon: Spent a few years as a self-insert until I decided that all the cool parts of the character were the parts I had made up to fit her into Eorzea, so I changed her name, thereby snipping the last tenuous connections to self-insert-ness.
- White Magician Girl: Her starting class was conjurer and while she can be pretty rough around the edges, she prefers to express a gentle temperament.
- Ambiguously Human: She looks like she's just a human with cat ears and angel wings, but her current body was created by presumed-demonic magic and its origins are unknown.
- Deal with the Devil: After a lifetime of transmisic and ableist abuse in her hometown, a powerful magical entity appeared with an offer to magically give her exactly the body she wanted, and in exchange, she would be transported far far away from her home, never to see them again. Only much later did it occur to her that being sent away was being presented as the cost of the bargain, which means the whole thing probably ultradoomed them through some subtle machination. But even after she figured this out, she didn't care — her first thought was "fuck 'em, they deserve it".
- Lady of Black Magic: While she prefers not to resort to violence at all if she can avoid it, once a fight starts, she can and will use her magic to dish out hefty damage. The rune-based magic system means she could theoretically use any kind of attack imaginable, but she prefers energy balls.
- The Speechless: She's entirely incapable of speech. She can make mouth-noises, and she knows how words work, but connecting the two inexplicably eludes her.
- Trans Tribulations: Her home town was not at all accepting of her gender, doubly so because she was mute and couldn't very well argue the point.
- Winged Humanoid: She has a lovely pair of angelic wings.
- Claimed by the Supernatural: The cat ears are a sign of being marked by an angel for a purpose of great importance. Too bad the angel was being capricious and didn't actually have anything in mind. Too bad for the angel, that is.
- Evil Former Friend: Was close friends with Elise before either of them became supers.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: A mysterious being who has only ever appeared as a voice in Elise and Adrien's head, and is responsible for granting them both superpowers.
- Painting the Medium: It speaks exclusively in teal text. Which is also why it's called "teal"
- Playing Both Sides: Originally empowered and is still advising both Elise and Adrien, playing them off each other for its own inscrutable ends.
Uhhh... FYI, don't use these as a template for character pages for works. This is allowed to be a bit sloppy because it's just my troper page; real character pages need at least one trope per character (and ideally several). Do use the floatbox for pronouns and the like, though. That's not a wiki standard, I just personally think it's a good idea.