Gravity Break: Cataclysm is a post-apocalyptic webcomic set three decades after the eponymous 'Cataclysm' during which the world was rocked by massive gravity storms. Very few places in the world are safe from these storms, which make living incredibly treacherous outside of larger cities with gravity shielding.
The story starts in the city of Göteburg, Sweden, shortly before a major gravity storm hits the city just as the shields inconveniently malfunction (according to the website's about page, at any rate) leading to devastation in Göteburg.
Meanwhile, our protagonist Emilia wakes up mere moments before the storm hits, having just taken a powerful (and very illegal) serum that transformed her into a catgirl, as well as giving her access to gravity-bending superpowers unbeknownst to her.
The comic is updated Fridays.
This comic contains examples of:
- Cat Girl: The protagonist Emilia is one of many characters who have used future medical science to become a catgirl.
- Cosplay: Charon appears wearing a Sailor Guardian inspired costume.
- Fantastic Slur: The police call Emilia a "tail".
- Gravity Master: A benefit of being a cat is gaining a sixth sense for gravity.
- Panacea: Or panyacea, since in addition to curing disease it can also turn people into catgirls.
- Police are Useless: Their main priority seems to be arresting catgirls.
- Pun-Based Title: Gravity Break: Cataclysm.
- The Wall Around the World: At the beginning of the story, Emilia and her friends are living in a walled city that is being kept isolated from the rest of the world.