Sandbox to organize problem tropes and work projects for the Grand Unified Appearance Tropes Clean Up thread. Tropes that were handled by the Trope Repair Shop instead of the Appearance clean up thread can also be listed for reference.
See also Tropes Needing TRS, Badass Clean-Up, and TLP Crash Rescue Tallies.
open/close all folders
Tropes with Possible Issues
- Einstein Hair: Intended for characters with a certain hair style in the science field, but it had plenty of ZCE's commented out on the page.
- Peek A Bangs: Despite the page listing several personality traits associated with this trope, the example list is still ridden with ZCE examples.
Body Parts/Physical traits
- Amazonian Beauty: Attracts a lot of half-context examples that only talk about how muscular the female character but does not explain how the work portrays the character as attractive.
- Beautiful All Along: Is supposed to be a Stock Plot, but is often used for characters who tropers find attractive after changing clothes.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Not much more than characters having thick eyebrows.
- Cephalothorax and Waddling Head: Mostly just a list of characters with this body plan.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Has many ZCEs and straight, non-lampshaded examples have been deemed by several as not notable.
- Gag Nose: Has a major ZCE issue.
- Hartman Hips: Intended for female characters with cartoonishly exaggerated pear-shaped figures but is often used for characters with wide hips and collects a lot of ZCEs.
- Hunk: Has lot of issues with ZCEs and tropers shoehorning any guy they find attractive even when they don't match the aesthetic.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: The "innocence" part of the trope is often poorly explained or simply stated without explanation.
- Jagged Mouth: Lists many ways the trope comes into effect, but most examples are to the tune "is this" or "has this" with no explanation.
- Noodle People: Nearly all ZCE. Also described as an art style.
- Prophet Eyes: Covers all possible narrative uses for a character having cataracts, including characters who just happen to have them with no elaboration.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Has many ZCEs.
- Technicolor Eyes: This seems to be covered by multiple eye color tropes.
- TV Head Robot: Has many ZCEs, and is essentially just "Robot with a TV/Computer for a head", which may not be notable.
- Unnecessary Makeover: Appears to be a mixture of a YMMV and an In-Universe trope. The former is sometimes used for complaining and for troping Real Life people on YMMV pages.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Was brought to the ZCE cleanup thread, where it's stated to attract examples that are simply "animal character is clothed save for footwear" with no narrative relevance.
- Casual Sports Jersey: Questionable tropeworthiness. Brought to TLP Crash Rescue with no resolution.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Often used in ZCE fashion to indicate that a character doesn't wear shoes.
- French Maid Outfit: Massive overlap with French Maid.
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: There's not much of a trope relating to big princess-style sleeves.
- Navel Window: Not much more than an outfit with a navel window.
- Sarashi: Is plagued with ZCEs but the unifying factor seems to be brawler type characters being associated with the trope.
Profession + AttractivenessA lot of the tropes in this category have had issues raised about their tropability beyond "X works in Y position and is hot". Since all but one of them aren't restricted to in-universe examples, there might also be issues with tropers adding anyone they find attractive.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders
- Artists Are Attractive
- Fair Cop
- Firemen Are Hot
- Good-Looking Privates — already In-Universe Examples Only
- Hello, Attorney!
- Hospital Hottie
- Hot Librarian
- Hot Teacher
- Hot Witch
- Right-Hand Hottie
- Sexy Priest
- Sexy Secretary
- Sexy Stewardess
- Bishōnen: Made into an Anime Fanspeak Definition-Only Page due to redundancy issues with Pretty Boy.
- Pretty Boy: Made In-Universe Examples Only, restricting it to examples that are commented on in the work, due to ZCE issues with other examples.
Completed Projects and Past Verdicts
- Adjusting Your Glasses
- Badass Longhair
- Bald Women
- Bandage Babe
- Bare Your Midriff
- Beauty Mark
- Blondes Are Evil, Blond Guys Are Evil, Blonde Guys Are Evil: Disambig.
- Black Eyes: Disambig.
- Blinding Bangs
- Blue Eyes: Disambig.
- Bob Haircut: Was split into Sci-Fi Bob Haircut and '20s Bob Haircut and was then turned into a disambig page.
- Brown Eyes: Disambig.
- Dark Skinned Blond
- Dark Skinned Redhead
- Elemental Hair
- Fingerless Gloves
- Flower In Her Hair: Disambig
- Gray Eyes: Made a disambig. New redirects Icy Gray Eyes (and Icy Grey Eyes) and Innocent Gray Eyes (and Innocent Grey Eyes) made to cover usage.
- Green Eyes: Made a disambig.
- Hair Decorations: Disambig. Signature Headgear created to catch valid uses.
- Hello Nurse: The main trope was moved to Head-Turning Beauty to catch valid uses.
- Hot Mom and Hot Dad: Turned into disambiguation pages because of creepy gushing.
- Hot Scientist
- Lennon Specs
- Mega Twintails
- Multicolored Hair
- Nice Hat
- Opera Gloves
- Personal Appearance Tropes: Turned into a disambig/index for other indexes.
- Purple Eyes
- Skirt Over Slacks
- Skunk Stripe
- Tights Under Shorts
- Who Wears Short Shorts
- Woman In White (done through TRS)
- Badass Beard and Badass Mustache: Merged into Manly Facial Hair.
- Biker Babe: Into Badass Biker.
- Evil Albino and Heroic Albino: Merged into Albinos Are Freaks.
- Hot Chick with a Sword: Into Action Girl, from which the former was determined to not be distinct enough.
- Hot Scoop was redirected to Hollywood Beauty Standards.
- Redheaded Bully: Merged into Evil Redhead due to being determined to be The Samebut More Specific to it.
- Red-Headed Hero: Into Red Is Heroic.
- Tomboyish Sidetails: Into Boyish Short Hair.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Redirected into Hair Colors.
- Baby Got Back: Attracted all sorts of creepy examples despite the trope only including examples that acknowledged it in-universe.
- Cleopatra Nose: ZCE magnet and determined to not be a trope.
- Detached Sleeves: Cut for not being a trope.
- Hot Chick In A Badass Suit: Cut for just being a list for women in suits.
- Kind Red Eyes: Used solely to list aversions of Red Eyes, Take Warning. Since an aversion is a lack of a trope, such examples are redundant with Technicolor Eyes.
- Power Blonde: Redundant with Action Girl and its subtropes, since blonde hair is not a trope on its own.
- Show The Forehead: Cut for not being a trope.
- Shiny Midnight Black: Was deemed not tropeworthy.
- Short Hair With Tail: Meaningless ZCE magnet.
Rename/redefine and clean
- Boob-Based Gag: Renamed from Gag Boobs. The new name makes it clear that the trope is about breast related comedy.
- Buxom Beauty Standard: Renamed from "Buxom Is Better" to clarify the fact that it's an In-Universe Examples Only trope for in-universe beauty standards.
- Devilish Hair Horns: Renamed from "Horned Hairdo". The new name makes the evil/devil associations more explicit.
- Funny Afro: Description was revised to focus on afros played for comedy, and the wicks were cleaned accordingly.
- Glasses Are Sexy: Renamed from Sexy Spectacles because it was being misused as "every girl with glasses that some troper finds hot".
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Renamed from "Hair of Gold". It was renamed so that the good/heroic implications of the trope stand out, since blonde hair is not a trope on its own.
- Navel-Deep Neckline: Renamed from "Absolute Cleavage" due to heavy misuse for any cleavage at all instead of a very deep neckline.
- Odango Hair: Made into a Fan Speak term.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Renamed from "Rose Haired Girl''. The current name makes the cheery/sweet aspects of the trope more clear.
- Meganekko: Made into a Fan Speak term. Bespectacled Cutie was launched to cover the intended meaning of glasses making a character look cute.
- Mystical White Hair: Renamed from "White-haired Pretty Girl". The mystical/magical element were made more explicit and the trope is now gender neutral.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Renamed from "Eyes of Gold" because it was being misused for any character with gold eyes, regardless of whether they were supernatural, with purely aesthetic gold eyes already being covered by Technicolor Eyes.
- Villain in a White Suit: Renamed from "Man in White" and redefined to focus on the Wicked Cultured villainous leader aspect. Done through TRS.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Renamed from "White Haired Pretty Boy". Redefined to be limited to evil/morally ambiguous characters and was also made gender neutral.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Made into a Fan Speak term.