For moments from Not Always Working, see here.
open/close all folders
Not Always Right
From Not Always Right
- The way some customers act makes you hope you never meet them. They are that frightening.
- The very worst ones are the customers that put themselves and other people around them in harm's way. Or the ones that threaten to or actually do inflict violence on the workers for not immediately satisfying their demands.
- Or people who are madder than a bull in a china shop.
- What do you think eventually happened to this guy?
- Parents like these two examples make you fear for the kids' sake, as they quickly turn into Fridge Horror. The first one wants to buy alcohol for her 16-year-old daughter, with the implication that she does so all the time and that the daughter may have a drinking problem. The second one has parents who not only don't care that their son eats junk food, but actually want him to do so and refuse to let him have fruit.
- What's also scary, though maybe on a lesser scale, is how stupid some customers are. Not the ones who just make a minor obvious mistake. The ones who do and say things so dumb, you can't imagine how in the world they've survived for so long. Such as this customer, for example. What makes it especially frightening is the fact that she has three children.
- This guy here, who claims he is late for performing an important surgery. Pray he was just saying that to get them to hurry up. If not... pray he was fired from his job.
- This woman gives off some... uncomfortable implications considering that she not only believes that there are helicopters in her veins that make electric things she touches stop working but the fact that those things actually stop working when she uses them.
- After failing to have her mother's (healthy, living) dogs cremated, who says this customer didn't just kill the dogs herself afterwards?
- Did this girl, who was juggling two cell phones while driving a car, survive after the car is hit? Presumably not.
- This woman is an abysmal parent who doesn't care that her child is drowning. Imagine what could have happened if she paid that little attention to her children somewhere there isn't non-parental supervision.
- There's something horrifying about this woman's reaction after her order contains food that her children are allergic to. Apparently, she can never remember what each child is allergic to. The worst part is that the grandmother seems so resigned to it.
- Just knowing that there are people like this guy, who injures someone with his golf ball and believes that it is his right to do so, can really make you not want to go to a golf course, of all places.
- This guy shoots his golf ball at a helicopter that was meant to carry a golfer suffering from a stroke and heart attack to the hospital.
- Golf seems to bring out the very worst in people, as this guy can attest.
- This one is particularly cringeworthy. He waits in line for two hours with his son for the bumper cars, ignoring the signs telling that his child is too small for the ride. After being told the child is too short, he proceeds to grab his son by the throat and lift him up, claiming that since he is being held above the minimum height, he should be allowed to ride.
- This woman is monstrous. Her own husband's life doesn't seem to be worth very much. And, of course, she then has the gall to tell the store that they are "going to sit there and murder my husband!" Which, for all we're shown, could mean she bought the stuff that could kill him anyway.
- This woman who managed to be completely unmoved by her daughter being separated from her. After she finds her child, she gets mad at her for slowing her down. Even worse, the story points out that it's the longest they've had to wait for a parent to come around, and yet she actually tells them, "Next time, just say its my daughter so I know not to rush!"
- These parents are even worse. They don't take nearly as long to find their daughter, but as soon as they do, they yell at and insult her for "daring" to "run away" (she actually got stuck behind people, they didn't notice). And, of course, their biggest priority is whether they'll have to pay for the sweets the employee gave the girl to help calm her down.
- Another horrifying parent. Who cares if your three-year-old daughter is scared half to death when going to find her would mean someone else may dare to get help from the employee who's helping you?
- It unfortunately won't stop. A little girl is having a severe enough nosebleed that there's a noticeable puddle of her blood on the ground, but her mother ignores the store asking her to head to the service desk for half an hour, then actually calls her a "little brat" and claims it's just for attention. Thankfully, the man that first brought this to the store's attention is heard shouting about protective services and writing down the woman's license plate.
- Even worse, the story implies that the kid has had similar nosebleeds before and they have been similarly ignored. Frequent severe nosebleeds can be a sign of a serious condition.
- And the saga continues! Here, we have a store employee warning a 9-year-old child not to ride a bicycle through a store because the aisles are too narrow for others to get out of her way, and after she tells the employee to "go to hell", the parents not only cuddle the child, but stare down the employee while they're shopping. Thankfully, they at least had the decency to park the bicycle outside first. Just what kind of monster are these parents trying to raise?
- What kind of parenting classes are they attending? This "mother" doesn't even understand the concept of discipline. Her son just decides to treat cereal boxes on display as his own punching bags, and when the submitter asks her to make him stop, she completely flips her lid and tries to blame her son's behavior on the submitter's "bad attitude", refusing to pay for the damage. She's banned from the store until she pays, but how many times has she gotten away with this behavior before? And how is she going to act if someone tries to remind her the next time she tries to shop there?
- And here, we have a woman who refuses to call emergency services when her husband has a heart attack, instead tries to have him removed from their bank account, decides to drive her husband to the bank instead of the hospital, and tries to blame the submitter for her decision, after openly admitting to wanting her husband to die. Fortunately, not only does he survive, he divorces her and has her taken off the bank account.
- This guy here, who goes so far as to continue harassing the waiter even while the waiter is being treated by paramedics (he'd had a seizure)! Even worse because the poor man doesn't seem to fully understand what's happening except that he's being yelled at.
- This man here is horrible. The clerk continually tells him to take his wife, who's in labor, to the hospital and even says the store will reserve the bag for him. Then, when his wife can't wait any longer, he has to the nerve to blame them for making her wait!
- This lady here. Her son supposedly has lung cancer, yet she'd rather try to get her room discounted or free than just repack and move to another room (which the hotel worker offered). And the next day, the worker sees her smoking and her son is sitting next to her, meaning she may have lied about her son having cancer... and that's the best case scenario.
- This woman who signs her daughter out of daycare but doesn't actually pick her up, and then goes to run errands for forty-five minutes, thinking that she'll avoid the late fees that way. When confronted by both the clerk and another child's mother, she tells her daughter that the late fees are her fault for being bad, when her daughter's a model kid. The poor girl ends up crying.
- This one is Nightmare Fuel in hindsight. Teaching your kid it's okay to steal. Nice job, parents.
- This asshole punches a worker in the face for no reason. The poor girl never returns to work because of that, but thankfully, the asshole customer was arrested right on the spot, thanks to two regulars who are police officers.
- This monster not only hits another innocent customer with a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but also proceeds to kick the innocent customer while she's down, and attacks an actual employee who intervenes. Luckily, the employee was able to restrain the assaulter and her ass was thrown in prison. There is no way trying to return a Harry Potter book was worth all that trouble.
- This creep seems to have the worldview that women are only to be used by men, and that women who won't do so should be beaten into obedience and submission. He also seems to believe that it's actually the right of men to beat women. Naturally, he has a long history of domestic violence, and it catches up with him here after a particularly strong-willed woman stands up to him with a draw bar long enough for the police to show up and arrest him. Thankfully, it freaks the customer out enough that she doesn't actually have to use it. Unlike in her previous job, where she beat up a co-worker who tried to assault her, and gave her the reputation of being a "man-beater".
Women shouldnt beat men! Its the other way around! You should break her and make her obedient and submissive, like any good woman!
- It's twice as disturbing when you analyze the man's behavior for a bit: he uses physical violence and threats against women as everyday problem-solvers, apparently without any understanding of the social, moral, or legal issues, but the moment that even a hint of a threat of violence is directed against his own person, he instantly falls apart and utterly panics. A sane person, even a misogynistic one, doesn't react in that way. This man shows all the telltale marks of a child-abuse victim who is imitating his abuser in a desperate attempt to have something vaguely resembling self-esteem.
- This woman. First she mounts the curb with her SUV, knocks over the display in front of a department store, and leaves it sitting there because she can't find a place to parknote . Naturally, this results in her car being towed and a police report being filed. When she finds this out, hours later, she accuses the manager at that store of stealing the car. Then, it gets worse; she goes into the back room, and starts ransacking the store as "revenge", and is so berserk that the manager has to rush other customers into the fitting rooms so they don't become targets for this woman's rampage. To top it off, after she's inevitably tackled by security and arrested, she complains to corporate, complaining about the customer service and demanding a free gift card! This after causing several hundred dollars' worth of property damage and being caught with shoplifted items in her bags!
- This man walks into a salon with a claw hammer, looking for a woman that's never been there. When the workers tell him that, he threatens the receptionist and puts his hammer in the desk, shouting about how the woman he's looking for stole his kids and him showing up to try and attack her will show her and her boss. Thankfully the police showed up quickly, but it's still fairly disturbing. Apart from the fact that he came close to really hurting someone, it makes you wonder just what the hell happened to this guy (or, worse, what he thinks happened to him) that drove him to doing something this extreme...
- This woman stole and hid her diabetic husband's medication for a week. And wonders why he collapsed.
- Then there's this lady, who for some reason thinks it's okay to start destroying merchandise because she apparently can't have sugar for some reason. She seems to be somewhat insane, and even after she wrecks a bunch of soda cans tries to go and do the same thing to the liquor aisle. Thankfully she's removed by security before she can cause any more damage but what if she had gotten out of control and hurt someone?
- Yes, some people will go as far as to attack children when they don't get their way. One can only be thankful that someone was able to intervene otherwise, the situation could have been far more tragic.
- What happened to this guy? Is he still out wandering Chicago?
- This bitch is a complete and utter monster. She accuses a nine-year-old girl of denting her already heavily beat-up car. The woman then proceeds to mercilessly yell at the girl about how it's her fault, that she's a cow, that her father will get a heart attack from the bill for her car and that she hopes he dies from it, while she attacks the girl. The little girl breaks down crying, and we later learn she was crying because her dad had already suffered a heart attack previously. Thankfully the woman was taken away by the security but then we get this piece of information: the little girl has a mental disability and is scared of the outside world. The whole reason they came out in the first place was to build up her confidence. That's got to be just about the worst thing that could happen to you when you're specifically trying to be able to get over a fear of going out in public the kind of ridiculous worst-case scenario someone with social anxiety might imagine happening, even though they know it won't. Except sometimes, if you have a very special kind of horrible luck, it does. Thankfully the little girl was able to cope, but Jesus Christ that woman was a walking terror.
- Good God, this man in this story. This man won't donate for a charity for children with a particular disease as he believes natural selection means people with weak genetics have to die, even if it's himself or his children! The cashier and the other customers are shocked by his views.
- This view of the importance of promoting positive hereditary traits and preventing the transmission of negative ones is known as 'Eugenics', from the Greek for 'Good Birth'. Invented by the Briton Francis Galton in the late 19th century, it was the rationale for the Sterilization laws implemented by 33 US states in the early twentieth century and the Eugenics Bill proposed by Sir Winston Churchill. But why don't you hear about this anymore? Association with German Rassenhygiene (Race-Hygiene) laws mandating sterilization for 'Asocials', based upon their American antecedents, and the T-4 euthanasia program by the Reich Chancellory Office. In other words, the Nazis. This connection resulted in the cessation of all sterilizations voluntary and otherwise within the USA by 1981.
- The man in this story... Dear Lord, the man in this story. It starts with the 12-year-old submitter earning money for his low-income family by playing his violin in front of a store. One day a very rude customer accuses him of not needing the money, so the costumer then proceeds to takes his violin and smash it on the ground until it breaks in front of him. Luckily a employee comes out to stop him... and then the customer throws him to the ground and kicks him in the ribs. Repeatedly. Also, this is a case where Bystander Syndrome is justified because of just how strong the asshole is. Another man in the crowd tries to help and he loses too. Thankfully, the kid gets an awesome moment and there's a happy ending.
- Okay, there is a difference between being mad at someone for believing that they're faking a disability to get better treatment and attacking someone and their service dog for little reason.
- This woman is flat-out frightening. The moment one thing goes wrong, she flips her shit, destroys merchandise, and attacks an employee! The worst part is that she had her kid with her, who quietly tried to stop her, and even when the authorities got involved, he remained completely calm. He'd been through situations like this before.
Submitter: Little boy, how are you just so calm in all this?
- This woman shows off her disturbing Values Dissonance about who it's okay to rob. How many times has she done this?
- This parent's child steals a customer's wedding ring and claims it is her own, with her mother encouraging her and trying to defend the child when its rightful owner tries to get it back.
- If we could just say "The entire 'Wild & Unruly' section", this page would be a lot shorter. But we can't, so instead, just read this cheerful ditty about a woman who chose to attack an employee who, due to the fact that he's recovering from laser corrective eye surgery, has to wear sunglasses indoors, all the while thinking that it's her right to do so.
- In a few stories where police are involved, someone almost gets arrested based entirely on the word of one person, without so much as an explanation as to what's happening, let alone asking to see if has any basis in actual truth (it never does).
- The absolute insane level of entitlement some of these people exhibit is terrifying. It makes you wonder just how they got to this point. Some of them can probably be explained that they have a mental disorder or similar behavioral issues, but Jesus Christ, is there a chemical leak somewhere that produces monsters like these? Are they the result of being taught that they should always get everything they want, when they demand it? Are they just assholes who take any chance they can to vent their frustrations on service workers? It boggles the mind!
- This guy is making a homemade flamethrower to kill a wasp infestation.
- This mother takes her son to a geology museum, but then accidentally leaves her son there because he fell asleep. Two things that make it worse? They live five hours away from that museum, and she did not notice that she left him behind until the museum calls her and when they do call her, her first priority is the $500 coat she also left behind, which really makes one wonder how many times this sort of thing has happened before.
- The doctor here may be more notable for his terrible attempt at lying, but given that he had it ready for when the legal office called, who's to say he wasn't okay with the dogs possibly killing the field agent?
- It's really scary to think that this mother was close to cremating her son's lizard who was not quite dead. Though the blow is softened when you realize that even if she did get that far, the one in charge would probably have noticed that it was still alive.
- This woman. She actually resorts to abusing her dog, all because it got scared and tried to nip someone while being groomed. One has to wonder why the dog is so timid in the first place...
- This one is more conventionally creepy than downright horrifying, but you really have to wonder whether this little girl is a) messing with the employee, or b) not quite right in the head.* Made all the creepier by the fact that she's so polite and well-spoken.
- This woman dropped her dogs off at an animal shelter, thinking it was a boarding kennel... and by "dropped", we mean "dumping them over the fence, resulting in one of them breaking its leg". And then when she comes back five weeks later to get them back and they aren't there (having been spayed and neutered, then put up for adoption and quickly adopted into new homes), she yells obscenities at the worker for 10 minutes and tries to have her arrested. The police officer is thankfully taken into the back room, shown the security video, and arrests the woman. Even when the woman gets sent to court, she's not done: she yells at and spits on the judge for agreeing with the "damn boarding kennel", er, shelter.
- One of the commenters makes note of specifics that make the story even more horrifying: for one, she only refers to the dogs by their breed or as her "property", rather than by any sort of actual names; and for two, as soon as it's made clear that they were spayed before being given away, she calls them "useless", and immediately loses all interest in having them returned to her in favor of demanding compensation for the dogs and that the shelter be punished for giving them away. It's likely that the dogs weren't actually pets that she specifically cared for, so much as they were just the means to start a puppy mill. Say what you will about them having been abandoned in the back of the shelter, but considering how the story actually turned out, it's a far better alternative than being used simply to breed more dogs and then thrown away once they're too old to continue.
- At least this story reminds us there's some justice in the world: The woman's stupidity meant the dogs got to have (hopefully better) homes, and she was apparently convicted.
- This guy literally sees a woman die right in front of him while giving him a drink and all he cares about is his drink, going so far as to tell them to throw the dead woman's body out back.
- Perhaps less so than most examples on this page, but this story where a manager seems to have no problem with a customer assaulting an employee.
- This customer complains that the car she illegally parked at the submitter's lot for two hours got towed, complaining that her iPad will have probably been stolen from it... and then she casually mentions that her kids were probably still in the car when it was towed, too. She left her kids for two hours, late at night in February where they very well could have frozen to death, and her immediate (if not only) concern is that iPad. Fortunately, the kids were found by the towing company and taken to their office to warm up, and the customer was arrested for endangering them with her negligence.
- This story from Hungary, site of two World Wars. Families are constantly reminded about potential live ordinance and are told to leave them be and contact the proper authorities. Not only has the family in the story not done that, they've placed the mines in the garage, and the seven-year-old son plays with them. And they don't even get why the submitter is so alarmed about this.
- This person sees nothing wrong with shoving a ladder that has someone at the top with a crate of heavy books in his hands. When another customer comes to his rescue after he fell off, the woman accuses him of ignoring her and helping the other customer instead, claiming that he wasn't on a ladder in the first place. All to look for a book to teach her how to smoke without choking on the fumes!
- The woman in this story sounds like she's mentally ill. Just what happened to her after she wandered off alone?
- The "This is Why We're In a Recession" entries has reached number 83 as of February 1, 2019 and each entry is scarier than the one before. Entry #41 has a couple who, when a credit card fails to process, pulls out a deck of credit cards and simply moves on to the next one before trying it and seeing if it works, and when it shockingly does, the woman happily says, "When one card doesn't work, move on to the next one," with the husband simply nodding.
Other Customer: I feel sorry for the poor card rep wholl have to explain to those idiots that money isnt free when theyre $300,000 in debt.
- From 1999 (although the submitter claimed it was 1998), we have this New Jersey mother who decided to take her kids to South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, believing "Its a cartoon, so its for kids," and obviously ignorant of the fact that the movie is rated R because of its content, swearing, offensive humor, and general themes not appropriate for kids, as warned by the clerk manning the ticket sales tells her. The mother obviously ignores the clerk's warnings, so 20 minutes later, she predictably comes back, furious, to confront the clerk and get her money back, thinking Its a d*** cartoon. It should be for kids only. Thats made to corrupt the youth! She then decides to punch the cashier, and then apparently attacks several other customers before she's arrested.
- This pilot disregards the worker's warning about the runway being closed, and tries to take off on his plane anyway. Thankfully, the hangar doors were shut on him and he's stopped and arrested, but imagine what would've happened if he was able to try and take off while people were working on the runway.
- This woman is trying to get a pharmacist to fill a prescription for her that she knows has ingredients that cause her not one but two allergic reactions that are potentially lethal on their own combined, and what's worse is that the medication in question is a narcotic, a strictly controlled substance. While the pharmacist is literally bending over backwards to try and accommodate her needs and not see her end up DEAD, she starts screaming, ranting, and shooting Death Glares, saying that her twins are waiting at home for her and she's in a hurry, eventually miming to the pharmacist to "shut up" because she doesn't want to hear what the trained professional has to say. The kicker? She had already been given sufficient doses to carry her over to the next day so she didn't have to be in a rush. And people wonder why fewer and fewer pharmacies are 24 hours, and more and more of them are becoming doubly reluctant to dispense medication.
- This poor woman. As if guys who believe they're entitled to grab the ass of complete strangers aren't creepy enough, this guy takes it Up to Eleven. When the waitress, who's only been there two days, complains and politely tells this Casanova Wannabe that she's very uncomfortable with being grabbed, he takes that as an invitation to physically drag her to the exit, so the two of them "could get to know each other better." Fortunately for her, her fellow employees and security were on the ball, but who the heck let him in? And where did he come from? Where did he go? And is he still on the prowl out there somewhere? Considering his bravado, he's probably done this before.
- You just have to feel sorry for this guy. How the heck did he grow up sane if his mother requires an hour lecture on basic human decency, and how societies work, to realize that it is not okay to take a CD to the wrong store, without a receipt, throw a tantrum with every manager in the place trying to cater to you, and ultimately throw the CD at the cashier's head?! While the mother claims that she's the one who's hurt and the cashier should stop her whining. The submitter even lampshades it.
to mother: "Are you insane, or what?!"
- This gun owner endangers not only himself but the gun store employee and her manager when he refuses to listen to their gun safety advice, including that he should check if his gun has no bullet inside the chamber, all because he thinks that since the employee is a woman, he automatically knows more about guns than she does. To prove how right the employee was, the manager fired the gun at a shooting range, revealing that the gun will still fire even if the magazine was removed! The kicker? The gun has a warning in big, bold letters on the barrel that it will still fire even if the magazine is removed when a bullet is in the chamber.
- One has to hope the caller in this story was not talking seriously to either the kids or the call center. Seriously. Signing up for a credit card over the phone while surrounded by kids is stupid enough, but threatening them with violence, while the call is most likely being recorded, and then admitting that you're a daycare worker... Not just scary and stupid, but felonious.
- We have a budding young psychopath here. The "parents" in this story not only seemingly abandon their children in the indoor gym, acting as if it's a free daycare, but the young boy of the children in question is quite emotionally unstable and immediately defaults to violence and death-threats when he doesn't get his way, assaulting anyone and everyone who tries to call him down. When the police arrives and the clerk opens the gate to let the officer in, the child bolts like a homing missile towards his parents! Aside from the fact that the parents act like they had no idea why they're in trouble or the child is crying and throwing a tantrum, there is no mention of the other child's behavior, or how often this has happened. Or how long this child has been left unattended during each occasion. What's scarier is that the kid screaming "I don't wanna wait! I'll kill you!" while wildly punching and kicking everyone who tries to help him as well as trying to pry the gate open, is only four years old.
- Is this girl trying to get her mother killed? The "daughter" in this story refuses to even listen to the submitter's question which the submitter is required to ask before the elder patron can go to get an MRI, magnetic resonance imaging, scan. Had the elderly "mother" not spoken up, the caretaker going "No, no, NO! She's just as God made her! Put 'NO' on every question!" could have easily gotten the elderly patient killed, as the elderly patient does have at least one implant, a pacemaker, which does not respond well to going near a microwave oven, let alone through an MRI.
- This pet owner calls into a local vet to report that her cat is having problems defecating. Fair enough so far, but she refuses to give the cat emergency medical attention, even when it's recommended by the vet she called, simply because it's allegedly an old cat and she doesn't want to spend that kind of money. When the surgery turns out to be the only treatment possible for her cat, she basically decides to just let it die.
Caller: Nah, he's old. If he can't tough it out, he's had a good life!
- Could cross over into Tear Jerker if you consider the possibility that she could simply be unable to afford the procedure the cat needs and is trying to make light of the fact that there's nothing she can do to help her cat.
- This girl is obviously too young to be watching Jurassic Park.
- This lunatic sees a picture of the submitter's cats, and immediately declares that they're fake. Upon learning that they're real, however, she goes into terrifying Crazy Cat Lady mode, declaring that she'll follow the submitter home and steal her cats if she has to. She really does follow the submitter home, where she's promptly fined by the police. But consider that she knows where the submitter lives now...
- Ladies and gentlemen, we have homophobia taken to its logical extreme. The man in this story outright threatens to kill the submitter and her girlfriend for little reason other than their sexual orientation. When the store's manager threatens to throw him out, he lunges at the girls to kick them out instead. This gets him arrested, but not before he makes several more attempts at attacking the women. If the ending statement is any indication, this isn't the first time he's done this.
- This woman is so batshit insane that she screams multiple obscenities at a worker, then attempts to punch the same worker in the face. When another customer tries to put her in her place, she pulls out a knife and tries to kill her. Thank the almighty that she gets arrested by the security guard at the end of the story...
- While it's quite amusing that this intruder is stupid enough to say he doesn't have an alarm system, the fact that he tried to impersonate the owner has all sorts of chilling implications. Fortunately, the owner was safe and sound in this case, but the reality could very easily have been quite different. One can also only hope that the owner didn't have guests or relatives in his home at the time...
- This Islamophobia story where a bigot tries to get a Muslim customer kicked out of the store and arrested, as he's convinced the customer is a terrorist trying to blow up the store. Despite a store employee trying calm things down, the bigot refuses to leave and won't let the Muslim customer go, forcing Security to drag the bigot out and ban him for life. Not to mention that in a meta-related sense, when this story was posted, most users agree the bigot was wrong... except for one Facebook user who agrees with the bigot that all Muslims are terrorists where he gives Insane Troll Logic as "facts". And the worse part, despite many users calling out this Facebook user for his misconceptions, hypocrisy, and Double Standards, that user still stubbornly won't admit he was wrong.
- This woman seems far too calm about how her husband treats her. Not helped by the fact that he later yells that women are useless pieces of meat.
- One can only hope this woman wasn't driving. She is not only taking a powerful sedative while out shopping, hoping to get home before it kicks in, but the paramedics who pick her up when she collapsed know her by name.
- This mother injured her 3-year-old child by letting him stand up in the cart while going excessively fast. What does she do after the security has checked on him, after he fell FACE FIRST onto the floor? Asks to file a form against the company, instead of immediately taking him to a doctor to make sure he's okay. The fact that the child stops talking, but is stated to normally be talkative, just makes everything worse.
- The implications of this story are really kind of creepy. The story, which takes place at a hotel, involves a (female) employee at a hotel running the night shift at the front desk, where she checks in a man who is "a little too excited about [her] being a woman". At 3 am, she gets a call from the man asking if she can fix her TV. The employee sends a (male) staff member up there, eliciting a series of profanity-laden complaints from the guest because he wanted her to come up instead. To make matters worse, the staff member returns and informs the employee that the man was buck naked and... very excited (for lack of a better term) when he answered the door. He is immediately thrown out (still naked) by security, but it really makes you worry what would have happened had the original female employee gone up to his room...
- Jesus Christ, this story. A small child collapses in a ball pit. Whilst the child is being checked over, a random woman bluntly states that the child is dead and that the first aider's attempts to save the kid are worthless, and shouts this malformed conclusion to the child's mother. And even after that, she still feels entitled to complain to the staff for telling her to shut up and get out of the way. The child was fine, thankfully, but the woman's sheer lack of empathy or common sense is frightening.
- This person calls up a vet asking them to euthanize their dog, claiming that he's very old and in pain. When the dog is brought in, it's only five years old and perfectly healthy. The owner then proceeds to get angry when the vet refuses and says Why wont anyone kill my dog?!. Luckily, there's another owner there picking up their own dog who gladly takes the dog off her hands and gives it a better home.
- This woman has been banned from adopting a pet after her mistreatment of previous ones resulted in two dying and a third taken away. To make this more disturbing: she had been blacklisted in her local area and was going into other counties to try and find a place that hadn't heard of her yet to acquire more pets.
- This woman stops into a store to buy a feeder mouse, but the clerk refuses as the store does not sell live feeder mice. The woman tries to change her story and say that she's buying a pet, but the clerk won't have any of it. Not willing to give up, the woman sends her husband in an hour later, and he manages to buy the mouse. The next day, the woman returns with the barely-alive mouse and shows the clerk graphic photos of her and her husband torturing the poor thing. The woman is quickly arrested after the clerk calls the cops, and is subsequently sentenced to jail time and community service, as well as being banned both from entering the store and owning rodents. Even the editors thought this was beyond the site's usual level of disturbing, as it comes packing a Content Warning. Thankfully, despite all the torture it went through, the mouse did eventually make a full recovery.
- A drunk customer starts asking a womans colleagues when she gets off work and where she lives. Thankfully, shes warned before he sees her and realizes shes still at work, but she ends up hiding in the ballroom for over an hour before he finally gives up and leaves.
- A family somehow manage to trash a hotel room to the point where it has to be remodelled for hygiene reasons in two days. Not even the door can hold the stink back; there's towels, laundry, takeaway packaging, cigarette butts, and all manner of miscellaneous shit everywhere; the beds are described as "a complete disaster"; and the only specific the submitter gets about the bathroom beyond awful is that the drains have been clogged. Oh, and it later turns out the parents sabotaged the fire alarm so they could smoke. The children end up separated from their parents because the ableist slobs think their son's mental disability is an adequate excuse for leaving their room a pigsty, proving that they're unfit to be parents.
As for the submitter herself, judging by her comments on the post, this was outright traumatic for the poor woman. Weeks after this incident, she was checking her hair and clothes after shifts and having nightmares about it, and to this day being reminded of it causes her head to inexplicably itch. Oh, and she was off her anxiety meds due to slow refills at the time she discovered this, resulting in her becoming irrationally convinced that the room would get her fired since it tanked her performance, and the supervisor didn't know to reassure her since that thought never occurred to him.
- This crazy old lady cares not one bit that a meat cutter is currently dying on the floor in front of her, and that the staff and medics are currently trying to save him, instead caring more about getting ham from the shelf he's lying in front of. Not only that, but she makes a complaint about their "poor conduct" (under the belief that her ham is more important than a life) to corporate, who side with her and punish the staff for "not being more accomodating to her needs", even though the meat cutter later died from their injuries. The submitter states that they lost a lot of faith in other people that day, since they cared more about a sale than a life.
- A teenage girl passes out on the floor of a bagel store, hitting her head in the process. The cashier calls for someone to call 911... and the customers just demand to know when their food orders will be completed. The cashier calls 911 himself while the rest of the staff work to revive the girl, and the crowd just gets mad at him for talking on his phone at work. As the cashier continues to explain the situation to the dispatcher, the uncaring crowd simply grow angrier, and the dispatcher ends up sending police as well as paramedics to the scene (though thankfully, the crowd had largely resorted to storming out, rather than violence). The girl was fine in the end, but the fact that an entire store's worth of customers showed nothing but utter apathy to what could have been a life-threatening injury was downright horrifying.
- This story starts out innocuously enough by NAR standards, with an entitled deli customer essentially demanding that they be given part of their order for free because... reasons, and claiming that the assistant's job, even if they get fired for it, is to make sure this one customer's wants are fulfilled. Not any other customer, though; nobody else matters and... they'll all be dead soon anyway. Because according to the deranged, psychopathic rant the customer suddenly goes into, Donald Trump is God's chosen "instrument of destruction", and soon "the streets will run red with the blood of subhuman vermin and filth! As it should be!"
Not Always Romantic
From Not Always Romantic
- This boyfriend. He isolated his girlfriend from her friends and family, and when one of the friends she still has takes her bowling, he immediately confronts her online with "proof" that she's cheating and threats of breaking up to get her to sever her ties. And to top it off, she mentions at the end that she got him arrested for assault once she broke up with him, and then again for stalking after that. What's worse is that the poster makes it perfectly clear that if that one friend hadn't stuck by her no matter how hard the boyfriend tried to drive her away, she wouldn't have had the courage to leave him. It's a perfect case of Domestic Abuse.
- Another perfect case with this guy. Starts off by deciding his girlfriend wants a kid's meal because "fat chicks are useless" (the girl is maybe a size 9), badmouths a previous girlfriend because she dared to break up with him, and ends with the reveal that he forced her to date him, killed their dog over her spilling something, and was also trying to force her to get a hysterectomy, even though she made it clear that she wanted to have kids someday. Fortunately, this one ends with the boyfriend being arrested and probably put away for a long time, and it turns out the woman found someone much kinder and had a daughter with him.
- In this story, a female cosplayer is harassed repeatedly by two men who attempt to grope her. When she retaliates, the convention kicks HER out of the event for being violent, despite the men attempting to grope her. Judging by their behavior, they've gotten away with this before...
- This coworker thinks its her husbands right to demand sex, and that asking him to make a sandwich is unthinkable.
- This creep absolutely refuses to take no for an answer.
- In this story, the OP works in a car stereo shop which gets a referral about "questions about a GPS tracker" — which turns out to be from a terrified woman whose Psycho Ex-Boyfriend has been stalking her all over town, and she suspects he may have placed a tracker in her car. A thorough search of the car finds nothing, much to her relief... and then her ex drives by, staring intently at her; a coworker of the OP reveals this is the fourth time he's driven by since she arrived. It turns out he has indeed been tracking her, via her phone's geotagging system. The staff, horrified, call the police, help her file a restraining order and block his geotagging via blocking him on every platform they can find.
Not Always Related
From Not Always Related
- This asshole neighbor is a Small Name, Big Ego guy who thinks he runs the street. When the submitter's family moves into the neighborhood and refuses to let him boss them around, he starts harassing the submitter's parents for a year in many Kick the Dog ways. Then the neighbor goes too far when he drags out and attacks the submitter's father from his car while yelling abuse in front of his family! Thankfully, the submitter's grandfather and uncle decides to teach the asshole a lesson by beating the crap outta him and has never bother the submitter's family again.
- Oh, you wished the fuel ended there. The neighbor is probably a Screw the Rules, I Have Connections! guy too. While he was attacking the dad he screamed at him to call the police because he knew they would do nothing. He was right, even though the family was able to get evidence of him being an abusive douchebag he got off scot-free while the uncle was sentenced to community service. How many times have people complained about him only to see he wasn't punished? And his kids are probably going to turn out like him since he beats up people he doesn't like in front of them; he probably tells his kids that he was The Hero.
- This one was Played for Laughs (and it is pretty funny) but the girl in question is way too young to be watching Game of Thrones.
- More Subverted Innocence with a six-year-old girl who already has quite the imagination with her dolls.
- Something you never want to hear from a parent:
Dad: But children have no rights! Theyre nothing!
- This story got horrified reactions from the commentators, telling the OP that they had a horrifically abusive, neglectful upbringing, and for good reason. The OP's parents' reaction to the then twelve-year-old OP coming into the house with head split open and broken ribs after a horrible skateboarding accident is as follows:
- To make matters worse, both parents are doctors who should have done something to help their kid the minute they came in (causing commentators to come to the possible conclusion that the parents don't actually care about ANY of their patients), the kid had to rely on their neighbors to take them to the hospital, their parents didn't seem to notice or care that their kid was away at the hospital overnight, and to top it all off, their first reaction once the OP returns home is to punish them for missing school. In one fell swoop we get two people who shouldn't be parents or doctors if they are this apathetic towards anyone they have to take care of (including their own children).
- This 12-year-old girl gets a likely-teasing comment from her aunt that '[her] boobs are bigger than mine'. And shortly after, the aunt's new boyfriend asked the girl what her father thought of her new boobs. The few comments are cringing in terror and potential indicators of this. Upside being that the boyfriend has since become an ex.
- This entitled woman has a temper tantrum after her cousin, the submitter, is proposed to by her boyfriend. And when the submitter refuses her cousin's selfish demands that she will not get married before her and accepts her boyfriend's proposal, the cousin goes insane, throwing a glass pitcher through a glass door, and lying down where the glass shards are while wailing like baby over how unfair it is! The fact that the cousin is 34 years old makes you wonder why her parents let her act like a womanchild.
- There are overbearing/controlling moms and then there is THIS lady who goes beyond all of that to the point that it is completely disturbing on so many levels. She comes off as a big-brother-esque dictator towards not only her kids (to the point of confiscating cell phones if she finds out they have a passcode and bedroom doors) but anybody who steps into her house, to the point that she barges in on her son's girlfriend while she's using the bathroom to shout at her for shutting the bathroom door. What's worse is that her kids have been raised to find this acceptable, to the point that the boyfriend basically just shrugs his shoulders and says his girlfriend is being unreasonable when she understandably refuses his mother's demands for her to leave the bathroom door open if she has to go. The girlfriend (very) reasonably dumps him after this, but the fate of the kids, still under the iron fist of their mother, is left up in the air.
"Mommy says if you need privacy, you're a sinner."
- This crazy dad soars beyond "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and even takes "make do and mend" to absurd levels. To the point that he actively thwarts any attempt at replacing things clearly damaged beyond repair if they work in any capacity. This mentality is a huge problem when it comes to plumbing, since it takes damage well beyond the point it should have been replaced for it to become unusable. Leaky kitchen faucet? He just duct-tapes it, completely ignoring the fact that his wife bought a new one. Leaking toilet fill valve? He rips out the new one that had just been installed, then puts the faulty one back in and places a bucket beneath it. Toilet develops a crack? He smashes the $3600 replacement toilet and installs the old, cracked toilet, exacerbating the crack in the process. His wife unsurprisingly draws the line and divorces him, while his brother-in-law (the plumber who was hired for the repairs) successfully sues him for the smashed toilet.
- It doesn't stop there. The submitter learns six years later from their grandfather the only person to stay in touch with their dad that everything went downhill with the house after they left it. Neither the faucet nor the toilet were ever replaced, and the leaks got worse over time. Coupled with the development of additional leaks in the windows and roof (many of which were just duct-taped like the faucet), this resulted in major water damage to the house. The cherry on top? A big patch of black mold behind the shower, which had existed prior to the submitter and their mother moving out. The property, now a practical death trap by this point, was quickly condemned by the township, and the father was forced to move out. Regardless, he continued to maintain his delusional beliefs that the property was completely fine.
- The parents in this story may be well meaning, but their behavior crosses into disturbing very quickly. First off, it's painfully clear that, in spite of what the submitter claims, they clearly favor her brother over her, to the point of trying to browbeat her into helping her brother when he starts failing his classes in college, even though she has her own schoolwork. While their treatment of the brother might not seem bad at first, many commenters have pointed out that his parents coddling him are most likely the reason for the brother's problems, as he isn't used to failure or having reasonability of his own. The fact that they clearly don't see anything wrong with this or think they are to blame only makes it worse. In fact, when the submitter comes up with an idea that would most likely help (making the brother volunteer or get a job), the dad yells at her for criticizing him.
Not Always Learning
From Not Always Learning
- This substitute teacher comes to class while high and attacks an Asian student after the student tells him not to call him a "ching-chong". Security has to drag the substitute teacher out of the classroom, and the end implies that this happens often. What's worse is that the submitter who called for security said that the receptionist and the security officers acted as if they thought it was a prank until they saw the substitute assaulting the student, firsthand.
- This mother. Most people would listen to people's warnings when they tell them to not do something, but not this mother. Due to her smugness and thinking her 8-year-old son knows about chemicals due to her chemist husband, she ignores the tour guide's warning to her son to not play with the chemistry's lab potassium metal. If it wasn't for a professor who managed to tackle her son away from the potassium before it exploded, her son and possibly the entire tour group might have been killed!
- This instructor, who didn't notice that two of her students had gone missing - or worse, decided that it wasn't worth it to double back and find them.
- Here's a story about the worst school nurse ever. She's very willing to let a kid suffocate and pass out rather than treat them. It's one thing to be negligent towards an adult, but being negligent towards an impressionable kid, who might grow up to be distrustful of the people who are supposed to save lives, because of one asshole who decided that possibly letting someone die is a better option than doing what she is being paid to do? That's some really great teaching there. Naturally, there's no indication that the nurse faced any sort of repercussions.
- This teacher tries to physically assault a six-year-old girl just because said girl took more than two seconds to get up and leave the classroom. She wasn't even causing any trouble or being loud or anything; the teacher just completely flips her shit because human beings can't teleport on command. The girl is only saved by the sheer coincidence that her mother happened to walk into the room before anything could happen - and the last line implies that the teacher may have already gotten away with it on other kids, though thankfully whatever she's done is enough to get her fired right then and there.
- A student known to take any bet for money takes a $20 bet to snort habanero sauce. The resulting damage to his sinuses is severe enough that an ambulance has to be called.
- An autistic student is locked in a closet by the teachers so they don't have to deal with her. The girl's own mother, as well as an outside witness, can do nothing to stop this, since even the administrative staff think it's easier to do this than to get her the help she clearly needs.
- A rather horrifying case of Crime of Self-Defense, where the submitter's fifteen-year-old daughter is in trouble for punching another, much larger classmate in the face... because he kept pulling on her bra strap until it came undone, and the teacher and head staff refused to do anything about it or even admit he was doing anything wrong. Fortunately, although it's not mentioned if any jobs were lost after the submitter reported the incident to the Board of Governors and OFSTED, her daughter was at least put in a different class for that subject, where she wouldn't have to deal with the aggressive classmate or the useless teacher anymore.
- There are serious problems in this child's home, since this first grader thinks the correct response to a child choking is "she needs to learn" rather than accepting medical assistance. Note: This is taking place in a First Aid workshop on treating choking victims.
- Yet another Crime of Self-Defense where the vice-principal's son was a Screw the Rules, I Have Connections! bully that, despite the submitter's best efforts to avoid him, decides to ambush and start choking him. When the vice-principal stumbles on the scene, despite the son changing his story, the vice-principal gives them both detention, including the guy who was being choked and trying to breathe because fighting back (which he was not doing) is as bad as attacking. Then the vice-principal and his son don't bother to show up for the detention, and only after the submitter actually serves the detention, alone, does the clerk bother to mention, to the submitter's mother, that the vice-principal had an appointment and the detention would have to be served the next day. Good grief, was the vice-principal planning on effectively placing the kid on detention the whole year just for daring to try and get his son to face up to the consequences of his own actions? Fortunately, the submitter's mother was a real Mama Bear and got him out of it (completely — the detention was struck from the student's record as if it had never happened), but what about the rest of the class?
- This teacher is the epitome of Lawful Stupid. At the very beginning, everything looks like standard operating procedure - after all, requiring proof of illness and hospitalization to grant an exemption from a class assignment isn't anything out of the ordinary. When the submitter collapses in class right in front of the teacher, has the wound reopen and start bleeding, and has to be taken to the infirmary before even getting a chance to provide the hospital's name, never mind handing over the paperwork, rather than take this as proof of the student's serious medical condition, the teacher tries to fail the student, causing the entire class to go to the principal to protest the decision while the submitter is either unconscious or unaware of what's going on for over half an hour. Makes one wonder just what kind of training program teachers go through.
- Gets a bonus layer of Nightmare Fuel in the comments, where OP clarifies a few details. He explains that it was not the school's fault that he was in class following his accident and hospitalization - it was his parents, who insisted that he attend. Once he was well enough to be moved from the infirmary, he was sent home with a week of excused absences so he could recover properly. Worse, the school had to threaten his parents with legal action before they would allow him to be out of school. And the teacher? Not fired, although she was disciplined for the incident.
- This principal does not care about the health and well being of his students. A child is summarily ignored by his classmates unless they decide to torment him, and the principal threatens the one teacher who is trying to do something about it with disciplinary action. Because the child will never learn to communicate with others if he's hiding behind someone's skirt. What, has this principal never heard of Columbine? Or the Unabomber?
- We have to wonder how the student in this home ec class was raised. The home economics class in question handed out very high-tech anatomically correct baby simulators that the students had to properly care for over a weekend, with keys attached to their wrists so that they couldn't simply pass off the chore to someone else. Classmate #4 had one that would not stop crying (which easily happens with real babies for any number of reasons). Classmate #4 and the classmate's father came up with the "brilliant" idea of hitting the simulator with a hammer, repeatedly, until the crying stops!
- On a side note, the original submitter stated that a feature of these simulators is that if the "baby's" head was snapped backward, the simulator would not stop crying. Real-life babies have very delicate heads and necks and would certainly react the same way if their heads are snapped backward.
- These two assholes. When the submitter turns in a group assignment and gets an A+, while they did nothing at all for the project and gets zeros (separately from the submitter, who did all the work), they decide to dump an entire beaker of sulfuric acid on her hand (thankfully, it was very diluted high-school-grade acid). What is wrong with these people?
- This teacher is literally incapable of recognizing that siblings are different people.
- This teacher forced her class to continue to work on their exam when the fire alarms went off. She didn't even care about the fact that one of the classrooms was actually on fire, and the students were only allowed to leave once the class rep came back with the school's director. Imagine what would have happened if the fire was allowed to spread...
- This failed Wounded Gazelle Gambit is horrifying: had it not blown up in Problem Girl's face, a 12-year-old girl would have ended up with an undeserved criminal record for cyberbullying, essentially making her life forfeit, because she called Problem Girl out for pretending to be pregnant. The teacher Problem Girl told knows how serious the consequences are and can't be unaware that Problem Girl is a notorious Attention Whore with a history of making up complete nonsense, yet only becomes skeptical of her claims when she bursts into his office to report more bullying messages, and even then only because the submitter was in his office with no access to a phone. This was after said teacher had gone all Inspector Javert on the submitter and refused to give the poor baffled girl the opportunity to defend herself. The kicker? Only the teacher ends up being punished - suspended for a week for mishandling the situation - and nothing happens to Problem Girl.
- And there are also serious ramifications for Problem Girl that could materialize if she's either genuinely bullied or raped. All too often, rapists get off scot-free because their victims are either dismissed as liars or don't come forward because they're discouraged by other victims being dismissed as liars; this is because the experience is sometimes traumatic enough to scramble the victim's memory of it, leading to holes that people will pick, especially when beloved celebrities or partisan politics are involved. How the hell is a compulsive liar going to get people to believe her? And what's to stop rape apologists from tarring other, more believable rape victims with the same brush as her because it suits their agenda?
- Her behavior in that instance did actually have immediate ramifications. On the plus side, staff other than the idiot Jerkass teacher seemed to catch on to the fact that she couldn't be trusted; however, it also resulted in people wrongly suspecting she was stealing random crap from students, even after items went missing on days she wasn't in. Fortunately, nobody seemed to outright bully her for this, but the fact that people could suspect her of something even when it turned out to be impossible for her to be guilty is a terrible omen for her future.
- The Problem Teacher is also an example, as well as being an Inspector Javert; he appears to operate entirely on Confirmation Bias (Submitter not having the texts on her phone must mean she deleted them, and he refuses to consider the idea that Problem Girl faked them), and seems to genuinely believe that a girl in a wheelchair must have stolen another girl's purse because she didn't help look for it, but also that Problem Girl can't be responsible when she also didn't help. He's thankfully fired after he gloats in the student's face, in front of her parents, that she should have admitted she was "a dirty little thief" after he sees Submitter's grandmother (who is a police officer) and immediately jumps to the conclusion that she's there to arrest the student.
- Problem Teacher also repeats his Inspector Javert routine on Student in a Wheelchair, pulling her out of class to yell that she must have stolen it and threatening to get the police involved if she didn't return the purse, refusing to let her explain why she couldn't help. The poor girl is driven to tears and is in genuine fear that she's going to be arrested because of this teacher.
- Some of the commenters admit to believing that the Problem Teacher was either responsible for the thefts, or being deliberately obstructive and unhelpful out of spite for his suspension from the previous incident.
- A recently unreliable teacher fails to show up again... but this time it's more permanent because he murdered his own mother and then hanged himself. Oh, and it happened on the same day another professor at that college died of a heart attack at home.
- This teacher tricked some six-year-olds into watching Jack Frost (1997) just because they didn't focus on a test. Several commenters noted how the prank was just plain wrong.
- That's tame compared to what this teacher does. She is angry about having to teach ten-year-olds about sex ed., so she planned to put on a video of what is described as the worst animation in existence and hold the door shut so the children are forced to watch this in its entirety. The exact animation is not named, but considering the OP described it as "distorted nightmares" and "possibly the worst animation of all time", there's a good chance that it was Where the Dead Go to Die. To reiterate, this was going to be shown to ten-year-olds. If a child saw this 'movie', it could put them off sex when they grow up or even worse.
- In this disturbing story, a fight breaks out between two eighth-graders in the middle of class, which ends with one of them getting scissors thrown at her face and only barely missing losing an eye. It doesn't end there, though; the girl's reaction to this is to start cackling like a hyena and prance out of the room singing about killing the other student, smearing her own blood on the walls of the classroom and hallway as she does so. It's only mitigated a little by the fact that the girl got some much-needed help that ultimately did her a lot of good afterward.
- Here, the school faculty realizes too late that a school bus driver let a mentally unstable woman onto a school bus filled with children without bothering to ask her what her business was, and then did nothing but continue driving when the woman began screaming and shouting at the kids nor report this to the faculty after she got off. Thankfully, none of the kids were hurt, the woman is implied to be apprehended and taken to get help, and the bus driver is fired, but it does make you worry about what else could have happened if the bus driver was this oblivious to the people they picked up.
- This substitute teacher. She first scolds a student for finishing his class assignment early, then takes away his journal when he begins to write in it to pass time. The student tries to get his journal back from the substitute, only for her to slap him and then start tearing the journal to shreds. Scary enough as it is, but the student then proceeds to attack her. She gets an administrator and tries to get him expelled, but the rest of the class then stands up for the student, including one who recorded the entire exchange on their phone. The administrator reviews the video, and the psychotic substitute is fired for assaulting a student and has her license to teach permanently revoked.
- The bully here is only eleven and picks on not just other kids, but his own sister (the poster witnessed him kicking his sister to the ground, and then kicking her further and saying nasty things to make her cry). Because the bully is the smallest kid in the class, he gets away with it by starting fights out of the view of teachers and claiming self-defense afterward. But then the poster comes across the bully not only pinning another student to the ground and punching them in the face, he ends up choking the poor kid unconscious. The assaulted student is sent to the hospital for a broken nose, broken tooth, and difficulty breathing and swallowing while the bully is finally punished for his actions.
- This school's utterly horrible bullying policy, where anything relating to bullying, including getting punched to the floor and then kicked, equals a fight and is therefore deserving of punishment. As the submitter notes, this made the problem worse, as all it did was teach the kids that if they were going to get punished no matter what, they might as well earn it.
- This teacher locks the misbehaving poster in a closet, then shoves a shelf in front of said closet to keep them inside and leaves them there to rot. Three of their friends have to rescue them after class.
Not Always Friendly
Not Always Hopeless
From Not Always Hopeless
- This story of a teen falling through the cracks of the juvenile detention system is a disturbing read. It ends relatively well in this particular case, but many others aren't so lucky.
- This story involves a long-term hospital patient whose sister across the country decides to kill herself. Attempting to stall her over the phone while the hospital staff contacts a counterpart hospital in her area just convinces her to take the pills sooner. It's the Adult Fear of being powerless to help someone you love in a terrible situation, dialed Up to Eleven. She's rescued in time.
Not Always Healthy
From Not Always Healthy
- The focus of this story is a patient's silly-sounding explanation that taking penicillin makes them "sound like Donald Duck", which the nurse dismisses as a minor symptom. The comments section swiftly points out that vocal changes can be caused by an allergic tightening/swelling of the throat, which is not a minor symptom. It goes from "that patient said something silly, haha!" to "Oh god, that nurse just dismissed lethal asphyxiation as a non-issue" in nothing flat. However, in this particular case, it was likely the result of something far less serious - hopefully.
- According to the comments, This owner is likely abusing his dog.
- This doctor essentially declared a diabetic woman unfit to reproduce because of her diabetes and tried to trick her into arranging an abortion under the guise of a blood test. The worst part is, he had done this to several other women. Thankfully, the normal doctor put a stop to it and reported the doctor with the woman's permission, leading to the clinic shutting down, but how many healthy fetuses were forcibly aborted because some eugenicist tricked their mothers into an abortion? Also, this leaves another equally disturbing question: did he deny abortions to women with no long-term health problems because he felt it was their lot in life to reproduce, even if it was a Child by Rape or a potential threat to the mother's life?
- In this story, an Obstructive Bureaucrat doesn't let a tech get blood for a transfusion to a dying kid, and according to the poster in the comments, the kid ended up dying. While the poster does elaborate that the kid's injuries would've killed him regardless of whether or not he got blood, the potential for that strict policy to result in otherwise preventable deaths is there.
- This cook ends up hospitalizing two people because she believes there's no such thing as allergies and slipped something into their food. She had also faked her training in food preparation and committed at least two serious food safety violations note prior to this. Fortunately, the police arrested the cook for deliberately endangering the counselors, and the rest of the group compiled the details about all the times the higher-ups had been warned about her behavior but refused to do anything and handed it to the lawyers of the two that were hospitalized.
- The submitter is ignored long enough to pass out from shock because the admitting nurse thought his situation wasn't serious because he was able to walk, despite the fact that they were covered in blood, and the nurse had listed them as discharged instead.
- Had it not been for the diligence of an X-ray tech, this little girl would have had an unnecessary surgery to remove a set of "tumors" on her chest... which were actually a hair tie.
- This woman suffers a stroke at work and is taken to the ED... where the doctor declares that she's too young to have a stroke and so has "obviously" had a meth overdose, ignoring the patient's repeated protests that she doesn't take drugs, not to mention the fact that her symptoms are clearly those of a stroke (which are completely unlike those of a meth OD). Had it not been for the intervention of her furious husband, the doctor's incompetence would very likely have either killed her or left her severely impaired (and as several commenters point out, the delay in getting proper treatment means she almost certainly suffered some brain damage).
- This story involves a gallbladder-surgery patient being fed solid food and soda before they're able to keep either down, which is already bad enough. However, in the comments, Nightshade1972 relates being denied food for a surgery... specifically, a brain surgery that they didn't agree to have.
- In this story, a doctor inspecting a 9-year-old boy insists that he just has gas and is probably exaggerating the pain for attention - ignoring the boy's mother (a nurse) who suspects he has appendicitis. Two days later, she runs into the mother at the hospital again and sarcastically asks if she's brought him in for a headache that she thinks is a tumor. The boy is actually undergoing surgery, because his appendix burst. Worse still, the hospital only had the facilities to administer local anesthesia, so the kid is awake and screaming throughout the procedure. Only her father's intervention prevents the mother from physically attacking the doctor. Just to put the cherry on the cake, the mother's official complaint against the doctor amounts to nothing, and it takes several years of further misdiagnoses to have the doctor finally forced into retirement, with god knows how many more patients had to suffer due to her incompetence.
- This story involves a three-part medical insurance fraud scheme that puts fake appointments, conditions, and prescriptions on real patients' medical records without the patients' knowledge. What if something happens and those falsified records are needed to identify the patient?
Not Always Legal
- This couple takes being seated at a table instead of a booth (none of which were available when they came in) as an unabashed insult to them by the Hispanic staff at a Mexican restaurant. When the cashier, not taking their crap, calls them both out on their racism and refuses to give them their meal for free over this, the couple absolutely loses it and try to attack the cashier, then the employees trying to restrain the husband, and finally go as far as to attack the policemen coming to arrest them afterward, all while both scream, shriek, and shout like animals trying to defend their young from an attacker. It really makes you wonder just what the crap is wrong with some people to think that screaming and hitting people (including armed policemen) like a couple of angry two-year-olds over something as petty and inconsequential as not getting to sit where you want at a restaurant is acceptable public behavior.
- This tale of road rage. When a rude driver cuts off the OP and nearly causes an accident (and flips them off when the OP understandably blares the horn at them), the OP makes the mistake of flipping the rude driver off right back. This enrages the other driver so much they begin actively trying to kill the submitter, first by slamming on the brakes to try and cause the OP to smash into their back-end, then trying to run them off the road, then stopping and getting out of his car at a traffic signal hoping the OP will get caught by it. It's only because the OP got a green light at said signal and was able to lose the nutjob in traffic that they're able to escape.
- This woman completely blows her top over a $3 extra charge. She grabs a pair of scissors and demands they refund her the money or she'll kill her dog, but runs off before the cops arrive. She returns two weeks later and tries to run over the submitter while screeching about the $3. When the cops are sent to her house, they discover that not only did she booby trap it to prevent them from reaching her, she actually followed through with her threat and killed her dog. Understandably, the woman was arrested and put behind bars for a very long time.
- This woman hates pit bulls so much that when one comes over to play with her daughter, she hits it with her purse so hard it starts bleeding and then calls the cops to try and have it killed, fabricating a story about how it was rabid and bit her daughter. Thankfully, the cops aren't willing to jump to conclusions, and upon finding no evidence that any of that occurred, arrest the woman and have her pay the dog's vet bills. Given that those were the only consequences she was stated to have suffered, what's stopping her from trying to get other dogs killed just because they're a breed she doesn't like?
- The couple and the husband's brother in this story cooked up a scam to have a lorry rear-end them. That idea is bad enough, but the parents put their two children in the back as potential "extra collateral," and the wife braking too hard ended up causing a wreck so bad that the parents had to be removed by the ambulance crews, though the children were fine. Luckily, thanks to the cameras on the truck, there was enough evidence for the three to be arrested and charged with a litany of crimes, with the kids being sent to live with their grandparents while their parents served their time.
- If this security drill had gone off as planned, an officer would have killed an innocent actor. And what's worse, said officer was fired after the fact for refusing to kill what turned out to be said innocent actor.
- This story is every parent's nightmare. First, two fifteen-year-old girls decide to skip school, leading to a frantic search by their families until the girls finally approached a police officer at 1 AM. Turns out that they wanted to fool around with their boyfriends in a different county and ended up missing their ride back, leading them to spend the next ten hours wandering around in an unfamiliar city. Then it turned out the the "boyfriends" were in their twenties; fortunately, the men were arrested.
- On the flipside, many commenters pointed out that the girls were basically yelled at and punished for being victims of statutory rape (one mother is described as chucking a bookbag at the wall when she figures things out, implying a potential physical threat), and that handling it that way is a good way for them to end up in a worse situation because they won't feel safe coming home or reaching out to their family for help.
- As a bonus, the older brother of one of the girls had to miss his university exams because he came home to help search for his missing sister. When he found out what his sister was really doing, he had to walk out of the room because he was so angry. We can only hope that his school took the circumstances into account and allowed him to reschedule his exams. If not, his little sister's poor decisions may have lasting repercussions on the young man's education and career, all because he cared more about her than his exams.
- Over the course of this story, a crazy man attempts to break into the submitter's apartment, then dupes the idiot attendant into giving him a maintenance key so he can try again. The submitter has to physically restrain the deadbolt to keep him out until the police can arrive, and the man attempts to lunge again as he's being carted off. Two years later, the submitter encounters the man again at a convenience store and is attacked again, being forced to hold the store door shut until he is driven off by police.
- In this story, the OP comes home from work to a complete mountain of Adult Fear - his ex-wife had made a new friend in rehab, to whom she had confided that she was working to get her life straightened out so she could once again have a relationship with her little boy, who is in the meantime solely in the custody of OP and his new wife. This "new friend," upon falling off the wagon and getting back on drugs, decided to kidnap OP's son and bring him to see his mother. That's bad enough, but his means of doing this? First he learned OP's address by contacting OP's new wife on Facebook Marketplace and arranging to take something she was giving away for free from the house; then he showed up at the house at night, after OP had gone to work, and entered by smashing through a window. For added nightmare fuel, the window in question was that of OP's teenage stepdaughter's bedroom; thankfully, she was away visiting her biological father at the time. Oh, and the would-be kidnapper was armed with a knife. The kidnapping only failed thanks to the intervention of OP's wife, who is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu champion and who admitted to breaking both of the man's arms while subduing him. Since that incident, the family got a security system installed in their house and they do Facebook Market transactions solely in a fast food restaurant parking lot to prevent others from finding out their address. It should be noted that the ex-wife was innocent in the matter, and was completely horrified when she learned what happened.