Characters from The Rock Cocks:
open/close all folders
The Rock Cocks
- Dark Is Not Evil: Theyre just lovable sex maniacs.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: A somewhat downplayed example, but Steg does stand head and shoulders above Suria.
- The Pornomancer: The entire appeal of their band, their music, and gimmicks causing soft-core orgies on opening night.
- Punk Rock: Genre of the Band
- Rags to Riches: Goes from living homeless on the streets to becoming the new big band.
- Everyone Has Standards: Crossed with a deconstruction of Huge Guy, Tiny Girl when discussing possible threesome partners with Steg in Track 6, pointing out that even for a insatiable nympho like her, someone like Big Blue would probably break her and Steg in half.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Suria dyes her hair white when they decide to leave their apartment and give their band another shot.
- Five-Finger Discount: Suria accidentally leaves her job with a box of white hair-dye in her pocket.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: While she and Steg are both active in their sex life, Suria is the bigger nymphomaniac of the two. This is best shown in Track 6, where it was her idea to pull over for the night and have sex in the van after musing the kinky things they could do on-stage, leading them to accidentally running out the battery on the van and getting stuck on the side of the road. After waiting in the hot, desert sun for hours, she strips nude and incites sex out in the open, thinking it would get someone's attention instead of trekking to civilization.
- Stepford Smiler: Her Nightmare Sequence brought on by heat exhaustion in Track 7 implies that, despite her bold, confident outlook on life and sex and having dreams of making it big as a rock star, Suria has an equally big fear of letting Steg and everyone else down and being shoehorned back into a meaningless existence as a store clerk.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Level-headed though he may be, Steg won't hesitate to throw the first punch if he feels like he or Suria are being threatened in any way.
- The Big Guy
- Hulking Out: When Seth finds Steg and Suria having sex in their van, Steg throws a punch, denting the van door used to block it.
- It's Personal: Holds a particular chip against Seth for abruptly walking in on him and Suria having sex]] and [[spoiler:Seth being so casual being naked from the waist-down during their meeting.
- Only Sane Man: He's certainly not above Suria and her sexually-charged antics, but Steg will more often than not be the first to suggest a more Mundane Solution to a situation they're in, like in Track 1 suggesting that he and Suria head back home and find work to rebuild their funds, or in Track 6 deciding to hoof it to the next nearest town after their van breaks down and hitchhiking turns out to be a bust.
- Rage Quit: Literally flips the table in Track 1, fed up with what their life has become.
A guy who runs an "alien" bus tour in the Arizona desert, taking people on a trip to several supposed alien hot spots as a gimmick to be able to buy food at the end of the day. When we first see him, business is in a downturn, and he wonders what he'll do next. Then the Rock Cocks come by, looking for a mechanic for their broken-down van...
- I Am Not Pretty: Dakota visibly has a low self-esteem, to the point of finding himself unattractive. Suria holds an opposite opinion: she considers he could be a "ladykiller".
- The Engineer: the mechanic kind.
- The Roadie: He's shaping up to be this and is more or less confirmed to be this.
- Transgender: Dakota is a trans man. He is seen wearing a binder in Track 7.
- Butch Lesbian: To Coral's Lipstick Lesbian
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Always has these under her eyes befitting a Gamer Chick.
- Fat and Skinny: The skinny one compared to Coral.
- Gamer Chick: She is introduced playing an online game.
- Germanic Efficiency: Clover is the homemaker between her and Coral and is implied to be German (having met Coral there and mentioning that all of her family is in Germany).
- Happily Married: To Coral
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Since Melody has a habit of forgetting to pay her employees, most of her and Coral's income comes from "doing web stuff." Given the state of things, it would not be a surprise if she was the only thing keeping the resort from collapsing entirely.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Dark to Coral's light.
- Naked First Impression: Considering that she meets Greg and Suria at a clothing-optional resort, that is a given.
- Big Beautiful Woman: The chubbiest woman in the comic.
- Fat and Skinny: Fat compared to Clover.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: She was a four-star chef serving at one of Germany's finest restaurants before she got married and moved to Pleasant Valley to become the chef at Melody Faire's resort. Bonus points for being more traditionally girly-looking than Clover.
- Happily Married: To Clover.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for turning a blind eye to all of Melody's and the resort's faults, which results in her and Clover almost becoming destitute after it was shut down.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Light to Clover's dark.
- Lipstick Lesbian: To Clover's Butch Lesbian.
- Naked First Impression: Considering that she meets Greg and Suria at a clothing-optional resort, that is a given.
- Team Chef: Is hired as the band's cook.
- Ambiguously Bi: In track 5, Elizabeth is sent to wake up a naked Steg and Suria in the grotto. When she finds the two on top of each other, she has a hard time deciding which she should look at; Steg's "morning wood" or Suria's "pretty".
- All Women Are Lustful: Elizabeth seems to be a subversion until she masturbates to a photo of Seth.
- Bedmate Reveal: Averted. In Track 5, Elizabeth wakes up completely naked on the floor in Redd's room, having finally sobered up from a night of drinking. She asks if she and Redd had sex, Redd assures her that they didn't.
- Shrinking Violet: Is arguably the most introverted there.
- Token Wholesome: Elizabeth is the only member of the cast that ever seems put off by all of the naked bodies she ends up being around and clearly has a problem with Seth's relationship with Georgie. She's not homophobic or anything, she's just jealous that Seth's attention is going to somebody else.
- Absurd Phobia: He seems to have an incredible fear of driving, having bought Elizabeth a car so that she could drive him everywhere.
- Benevolent Boss: Even to his ex-clients like Melody; he firmly but calmly convinces her to take on the production of the Rock Cocks' music video for the sake of her tenants and lets her call all the shots. Later, he comes to her aid, even if didn't end up taking, when dealing with officials from the Arizona State Government who came to seize her resort property.
- Coitus Uninterruptus: When he walks in on Steg and Suria having a post-show fuck in their van, he shows neither surprise nor any discomfort. When they in-turn walk in on him and Georgie having sex in his office, he is so nonchalant about it that not only does he not make a big deal about it, but he has the meeting he planned with them while still naked from the waist down.
- Everyone Has Standards: Seth is normally very tolerant of his client's antics, but he draws the line at the state of Melody's resort.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He had Elizabeth contact the government about Melody's resort, which resulted in them shutting it down. When she voice her unease with selling out their friends, he pointed out that it was Melody who allowed her business to decay into such atrocious conditions and that someone would have been shut down happened eventually and that Coral and Clover's lives and finances would have gotten even worse in the meantime.
- Old Shame: She's not entirely bitter about it in the present day, but Redd being shot and paralyzed during a live concert seems to be one for Seth, cringing and grimacing whenever it's brought up.
- Straight Gay: While he clearly has a thing for men, he does not seem to exhibit any of the classic, gay stereotypes.
- You Are the New Trend: Seth's career has thrived by finding talent that pushes boundaries, like with Redd Wright's and her controversial use of language and the Rock Cock's sex appeal.
- Ambiguously Brown: Seth brought him back from a trip to Thailand.
- I'm a Man; I Can't Help It: Tries to get the hardworking Seth to take a break and enjoy himself during the Rock Cock's post-production party.
- Naked Apron: Wears this in Track 5.
- Trophy Wife: The only real purpose Georgie seems to have is to have sex with Seth on his break. Not sure what else he does...
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": His name is "Roadie Joe". Obviously, he does vocals.
- The Generic Guy: While he has a name, he's the most underdeveloped named character so far.
- The Roadie
- These Are Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: Admits to the press that he has seen some shit after the month he has spent with the Rock Cocks.
The Rocket Rollers
- Alternative Country/Rockabilly: Their musical style has been dubbed "neon rockabilly."
- Contractual Purity: In-Universe example, as their band signed on to be wholesome and family friendly in order to overshadow the much more lewd Rock Cocks. This is ironic as Emily has an Extreme Libido and Billy is not too far behind her.
- High-School Sweethearts: Billy and Emily been together since they met in high school in Tennessee
- Light Is Not Good: In Track 5 Roxanne thinks up a plan to combat Seth and The Rock Cocks by creating a prudish band that would make him and the Rock Cocks look bad and sick. She uses the Rocket Rollers for this very plot.
- Not So Above It All: In the contest in Track 2, the Rock Cock's competition the Rocket Rollers were at first smug in their apparent superiority. When the Rock Cocks play, the entire audience was so into it they all start taking off their clothes and begin to "release their newly acquired sexual frustration". At first bewildered and spiteful, the Rocket Rollers become so turned on they start masturbating back-stage]].
- Who's Laughing Now?: Seth signed the Rock Cocks over them, believing their songs and stage personas to be on the level of a novelty band. Roxanne then signed them on and successfully turned them into the next big thing in music, while ruining the Rock Cocks' name in the process.
- Covert Pervert: He puts more effort into hiding his promiscuity than his girlfriend.
- Disappeared Dad: His father left his mother when he was a baby.
- Elvis Impersonator: His stage persona and musical style invokes this though he claims he isn't trying to ride the King's coattails.
- Hypocrite: During the Rock Cocks' first show, he accused them of jus. At the time, he himself was shirtless and wearing super tight, low hanging pants.
- His idea was to intimidate the Rock Cocks before they get on stage, underestimating them due to their trash-bag cloaks.
- Happily gloats to Steg and Suria how they stole their first big show.
- All Women Are Lustful/Extreme Libido: She shamelessly likes to masturbate and have sex in public places. Apparently, her urges to pleasure herself in public is so strong that Billy had to explain to her why she can't and has to have sex with her regularly to keep her under control.
- Covert Pervert: By necessity, due to the squeaky clean image the Rocket Rollers maintain.
- Friendless Background: Admits in an interview that she didn't get along with other kids growing up and that
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: It is implied that Emily is an exhibitionist, she and Billy Rocket having "talked about this" as she strips and masturbates to the Rock Cock's performance. Later, they have sex by a window and Emily gets off on the idea that people in the building across the street are watching.
- Manipulative Editing: Enjoys using her keytar to record things Billy says and rearranges them into silly phrases.
- Parental Abandonment: Was raised
- Rollerblade Good: She never takes her rollerblades off.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't much to anyone except for Billy.
- Berserk Button: Roxanne completely loses her composure (kicking out her massager with threats of arrest) when she finds out that Seth got to the Rock Cocks before her.
- Big Bad: The main person getting in the way of the Rock Cocks finding success in the music world.
- Buxom Is Better: Has the largest breasts out of any woman in the comic.
- Determinator: She's apparently has been trying to ruin the lives of Seth and his clients since the mid 90s.
- Evil, Inc.: Youre bound to be the antagonist when you run a company called Maleficent Records.
- Evil Is Petty: Signed the Rocket Rollers specifically to be the family friendly antithesis of the Rock Cocks and had the Rock Cocks blacklisted from every legitimate venue just to screw with Seth.
- Evil Is Sexy: The first time we see Roxanne is when she is completely naked, getting massaged while looking into the news. Even when she gets angry, she still stays naked, on the verge of pleasuring herself at the idea of 1-uping Seth.
- Light Is Not Good: In Track 5 Roxanne thinks up a plan to combat Seth and The Rock Cocks by creating a wholesome band that would make him and the Rock Cocks look bad.
- Manchild: Much of her behavior is closer to a petty and spiteful teenager rather than a grown woman.
- Woman Scorned: It's implied that she and Seth were lover and/or business partners but he ended whatever relationship they had, which earned him Roxanne's eternal hatred.
Redd Wright/Little Redd Rider
- Cool Chair: Her throne, as she calls it (especially since it was designed to look like one).Steg: So, your throne wheelchair thing is pretty bad-ass!Redd: Thanks! I'm saving up for a new model that's got robot spider legs instead of wheels.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Redd was shot in the back causing her to be paraplegiac.
- Good Is Not Soft: She has no problem being a gracious host to Seth and his latest clients and aiding in putting together the Rock Cocks' first album, but makes it perfectly clear that once the month is up, Seth and company have to leave to avoid having Roxanne's wrath brought down on her again.
- Sir Swearsalot: Made a career off of the controversy the swearing in her music brought, changing the rules of swearing on TV, music, and radio forever.
- Token Lesbian: While not the only lesbian in the story, she is the first lesbian character to be introduced.
- You Have No Idea Who You're Dealing With: Becomes annoyed when Suria admits that she only knows her from a voice acting role where she played a bulldog in a forgettable animated movie.Redd: Wait... seriously...? I'm Redd Wright! Lil' Redd Rider! I've got three diamond albums! I started a music revolution! I'm like, the only goddamn crippled female rapper! You seriously haven't heard of me? Haven't you at least seen one of my movies?!Suria: Oh! Didn't you play a bulldog or something in a kid's cartoon?Redd: That's what you know me from?! "Lion in the Fucking Dog House"?! That's not even one of my good movies!
- Dreadlock Warrior: He has dreadlocks and makes headlocks, bitch!
- The Jeeves: He pushes and even lifts it over his shoulder her wheelchair, carries her stuff around, cooks her meals and acts as the DJ at her parties, all without complaint.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: He is buff. You need to be if you're going to be carrying Redd Wright and her ornate wheelchair while she's sitting in it and jump down a story onto a marble floor with them with no difficulty.
- The Stoic
- The Quiet One
- Affectionate Nickname: She refers to Seth as "Sethy."
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Downplayed. Melody is a happy-go-lucky woman without malice, but she's also painfully selfish, spoiled and ultimately uncaring of how her actions affect others. She repeatedly jeopardizes her deals with Seth, often forgets to pay her employees even though she's stinking rich and when the resort gets shut down, she immediately runs away so she doesn't have to endure Clover and Coral's understandable anger.
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: Seth is painfully aware of this and it drives him nuts:I'm going to follow my dream, Seth. I'm going to be a film director! [Cut to her in a chef's outfit in a restaurant truck.] I'm going to open a chain of vegetarian restaurants! [Cut to her in a scuba outfit in the ocean.] I'm going to study hard and become a marine biologist! [Cut to her in a farmer's outfit.] I'm starting an alpaca farm! [Cut to her in a business suit.] I'm running for state senator!
- Granola Girl / New-Age Retro Hippie: Gives of this vibe during her introduction.
- Green Thumb: Surrounded by plants in her Establishing Character Moment.
- Hidden Depths: Puts together a fantastically seductive music video for the Rock Cocks with rather limited resources.
- It's All About Me: Melody doesn't care that her flights of fancies have real consequences on the people she ropes into them, because she has enough money to "reset" her live every time. Her decision to retire greatly inconveniences Seth, to whom she owes quite a bit. Her neglect of the resort put Clover and Coral in a bad position, and she leaves immediately without so much as a "sorry" for jeopardizing their livelihoods.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense:
- Pointy-Haired Boss: A kind and benevolent example. Given her ditzy, laissez-faire philosophy in handling all things, she comes across as rather stupid and callous when handling her resort. The pond is full of algae, windows are broken, all of the doors removed and she often neglects to pay her employees. The only reason why Clover and Coral have not left yet was because they like being naked, seeing her as more of a landlord than employer. Unfortunately, Arizona's state government is apparently well aware of the resort's dishevelment and Melody's financial neglect; they sent two officials over to announce that they are seizing the property and that Melody and her tenants have 24 hours to clear out. Subverted since it's Sterling who calls the government on her, although this is portrayed as understandable.
- Remembered Too Late: The reason why Seth holds a grudge against Melody is because she announced her retirement at the 1994 Music Awards without telling him first, violating her contract.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Clover and Coral were the only employees to stay with her as her mismanagement caused her resort to fall into disrepair. Once the government shut the place down, Melody went of her way not say goodbye to the two in order to avoid dealing with the fact that she had left them financially ruined, not even giving them a ride out of the desert.