The Salt Islands OCT is an OriginalCharacterTournament. It is based in the fictional Salt Islands, where the demon, Heath Stockholm, killed the royal family 10 years ago. Now it is 1910 and he has risen again, and he is being hunted by two parties: Inspector Mardra J. Finch, who wants him alive, and Marius Pernod, who wants him dead. Contestants may also choose a third side, which is to protect Heath Stockholm for the favor of the spirits.
This OCT contains examples of the following tropes:
- Bounty Hunter: Pretty much everyone is looking for that bounty on Heath's head.
- Find the Cure!: Those who sided with Mardra may be looking for Heath with this in mind.
- Town with a Dark Secret: The islands as a whole.
- Bromantic Comedy: They're just really really really really good friends, but I promise, they're just Heterosexual Life-Partners and nothing more!
- Contamination Situation: Harley is dying, they're trying to save him, but at least it's a Beneficial Disease?
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Sure, immortality is cool, but when you're around for nearly 2 centuries, you kinda don't wanna do that no more.
- Immortal Life Is Cheap: MMMWATCHASAAAAAAAAAAAAY
- Justified Criminal: Gotta eat to live, gotta kill to eat.
- Livingis More Than Surviving: AJ and Harley have very conflicting views on 'living'.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: AJ has a ridiculous number of teeth.
- Our Ghouls Are Creepier: AJ is an undefined type of ghoul, because what the heck is a ghoul? The closest you can get is probably Demonic Ghoul.
- Really 700 Years Old: AJ is approximately two centuries old, but doesn't look a day older than 21.
- You Are Who You Eat: AJ is a shapeshifter.
A pair of fraternal twins who've been possessed by demons since a young age. The older twin, Anthony, is possessed by a demon of trauma called Akiron. The younger twin, Raven, is possessed by a demon of pain named Boric. Together they aim to hunt down Heath Stockholm and kill him, whether for sport or money it is not clear.
Or at least that was the plan at first, as Anthony seems to be having some conflicting ideas as the days go on.
- Ancient Evil: Akrion and Boric have been around since time before the first sentient being. Each had a job with the sentient and the world they live in. Boric is likely the cause for all the venomous things that are in Australia.
- Sadist: Both will laugh at your misery if they don't have a care for you. But once an emotional connection is made, they'll likely try to protect you from harm.
- Sticky Fingers: Both are guilty of stealing items they find useful or neat. It is not uncommon for them to take something from victims of theirs. Raven has already stolen Bob's tophat and amulet.
- Transformation Horror: Both twins are able to alter their bodies to accommodate more power from their demons. Often results in horns, tails and other assorted parts.
- Twin Banter
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Akiron gives a great deal of power to Anthony, but it's at a cost. He needs to be careful to not let himself lose control to the demon.
- I Know What You Fear: Looking into Anthony's demonic eye will reveal a person's fears to him, great or small.
- The Insomniac / The Sleepless: Anthony will not sleep in fear of damaging night terrors or demonic takeover. He will likely not sleep for months on end.
- Mad Doctor: Anthony likes to toy with humans and their bodies to test their limits.
- Magical Eye: Anthony's left eye can look into a person's mind with eye contact.
- The Sociopath
- Your Mind Makes It Real: When the fears are made known, they will be used against the person in a harmful manner. Amount of trauma varies.
- Bloody Murder: Raven's blood is corrosive to the point there are not very many things that will not melt when it makes contact with her.
- Femme Fatale: Depends on how much she wants to keep you around.
- It's All About Me: Always craving attention and her needs satisfied.
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: Please just do NOT mess with Abbrosia's car.
- Buxom Is Better
- Femme Fatale
- The Mafia
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Celestine is red to Abbrosia's blue.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: While Abbrosia isn't exactly butch, next to Celestine's level of femininity she may come off as somewhat masculine in comparison.
- Sibling Rivalry
- Would Hurt a Child
- Abbrosia did not hesitate to shoot Ein for wrecking her car.
- Neither did Celestine for making her lose Heath.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn
- Big, Screwed-Up Family
- Broken Bird: All three may qualify one way or another.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: All three of them host a different aspect of the Daemon.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: While he only has a few words to say, the daemon gives him dangerous strength and speed.
- Dumb Muscle
- Pure Is Not Good
- Rapunzel Hair
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Lukas has an adorable sweet side.
- Tranquil Fury: Lukas's fighting style.
- The Lost Lenore: Theodore's late wife was the previous host of the daemon that Lukas hosts now.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Azazel, despite being the most open and friendly of the trio, is also quite deadly.
- Blind Seer: Azazel's eyesight has been taken by the daemon, but in return she can see the energy within living things, including the spirits of the island.
- Femme Fatale
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Azazel attended a special council meeting and came back with her hands covered in blood.
- Plucky Girl
Getting a job out of it wouldn't hurt either.
- Ambiguous Gender: Even in the 1910's, Ronnie refuses to conform to a gender.
- A Friend in Need: Even though Ronnie was misled by Mort to go to the islands in the first place, they're ready to help out and put themselves in harm's way for his sake.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Ronnie appears to talk to themselves when they're actually addressing Mort. Not a lot of people see ghosts after all. Ronnie has a rare ability to see spirits that may have to do with their witch lineage.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Mort hates being a spirit. More than anything he wants another chance to be alive and will jump at any glimmer of hope there is to make it happen.
- Unhappy Medium: They don't trust or like spirits very much, but Ronnie can still see them.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Despite his drive to work alongside the spirits, he may wander off to whatever interesting thing comes up.
- Back from the Dead: It's been ten years and the number of people happy to see him again is minimal.
- Bad Liar
- Blatant Lies: If someone doesn't know who he is off the bat and asks about his scar he'll likely pull some tall tale out of his ass.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Beware the Silly Ones: He isn't above cracking a joke or two.
- Boom, Headshot!: Resulting in his death a decade ago.
- Death by Origin Story
- Elemental Powers
- Fearless Fool: Goes hand in hand with...
- Not Afraid to Die: He's done it already and seen the worst of it. If he dies, he'll just come back again.
- Grey and Grey Morality
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Looks Like Cesare
- Manipulative Bastard
- Murder Is the Best Solution
- Perpetual Smiler
- Person of Mass Destruction
- Respawn Point: the forbidden woods
- Ruling Family Massacre: With the help of his supernatural abilities, he performed this himself ten years ago. He didn't last long after that, though.
- Obliviously Evil: Killing may be an evil deed, but he doesn't see himself as evil when he does so. See We All Die Someday.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Because of a weak heart, whatever fight he's in better end quickly unless he wants to start keeling over.
- We All Die Someday: It's either now or later, and if someone is in his way it might as well be now.
- Wham Shot: Looming over Oreck in Tenuanime's round one entry.
- Wild Card
- The Alcoholic: Most of the auditions with her in it involve her knocking down a drink or two.
- Black and Nerdy: Her appearances also involve her hobby of reading. Her job also requires a sharp eye and mind.
- Black Boss Lady
- Buxom Is Better
- The Caretaker: Of her two dependents, Oreck and Himalia
- Christmas Cake: 37 years old and still unmarried in the year 1910.
- Dreadlock Rasta: Subverted. Mardra sports tied-back dreads, but remains quite civil and polite.
- Find the Cure!: She wants Heath alive to study how he defies death, thinking it may be applicable to others who are dying before their time.
- Friend to All Children: Shows a great deal of concern for Merengue and Laszlo when they first meet.
- Hardboiled Inspector
- Inspector Javert: You'll never guess what the "J" stands for.
- I Want Them Alive
- Lawful Good
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She may come off as stoic or stern at first, but her soft spot for children reveals her sweet side.
- Tsurime Eyes
OreckThe only one other than Heath who can naturally see the spirits. Heath has taken an interest in this after his return, and shortly after Oreck goes missing.
- Blessed with Suck: Seeing spirits have been causing him a lot of trouble lately.
- Children Are Innocent
- Happily Adopted: By Mardra.
- Hearing Voices: No one could see or hear the spirits but him until Heath returned.
- Mysterious Waif: His ability to see and communicate with the spirit drives Heath to pursue him. Why he can do so, and why Heath has taken interest in this may depend on the writer
- Redheads Are Uncool
- The Runaway
- Shrinking Violet
- Spoiled Sweet: By Mardra
- Youthful Freckles