I have an intense, burning indifference
— Dr. Doofenshmirtz, Phineas and Ferb
Tropes about apathy, boredom, laziness, and other stuff. Eh, don't feel like explaining it. [Describe Topic Here]
Compare with Ignored Index, Despair Tropes, and Boredom Tropes. Contrast with Audience Reactions & Character Reaction Index. Opposite of Obsession Tropes index.
Don't feel like explaining these. Read it yourself.<!—index—>
- Apathetic Citizens: Someone's hurt and homeless... and we don't care.
- Apathetic Clerk: I don't care about my job and don't you dare ask me to do it.
- Apathetic Pet: I live with a human, I guess? Whatever.
- Apathetic Student: I don't give a crap about school. Just let us go home, man!
- Apathetic Teacher: I have no desire to teach my students. Who cares about grades anyway?
- Apathy Killed the Cat: How things are, you ask? I don't know.
- Ass Pull: We just pull anything out of thin air just to advance the plot because we're too lazy to explain where it came from.
- Beige Prose: Simple prose, because I've no desire to make it more descriptive.
- Blah, Blah, Blah: Nothing but "blah." What were you expecting?
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: How do you translate this? You know what? Forget it! Don't care anymore!
- Boredom Montage: I get bored as time goes on.
- Boring Insult: You're lame. That's all I have to tell you.
- Boring Return Journey: We're back home. Now what?
- Borrowed Catchphrase: I'm gonna use someone else's catchphrase since I'm too lazy to come up with my own.
- Bread and Circuses: As long as a government keeps the citizens satisfied, they can do whatever they want and the citizens won't care.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I have the skills, but don't bother applying myself with them.
- Bystander Syndrome: Someone needs help? Not my problem.
- Callousness Towards Emergency: Someone's in danger, but I don't care, and I won't do anything about it!
- Capcom Sequel Stagnation: So, we need to make a new game. Just take the old one and tweak it a bit. I don't care.
- Cats Are Lazy: Meeow.note
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch: I don't like the show, and I won't waste time watching it to see why I don't.
- Concepts Are Cheap: May as well rely on the concept and buzz words for an already thin script. We're too lazy to come up with a script with more effort into it.
- Conducting the Carnage: So what if the world is ending? I'm just going to stand here and move my hands like a conductor. Whatever.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: Uhh... I never watched that show, so I'm gonna throw information from my head to make that article more fitting.
- Creator's Apathy: I really don't know or care what to do with my work.
- Describe Topic Here: Just do it. We're too lazy to describe it ourselves.
- Didn't We Use This Joke Already?: Yes. Too bored to come up with any new jokes.
- Dismotivation: I don't want to progress in life.
- The Ditherer: I can't choose between two alternatives.
- Eight Deadly Words: I don't care about any of these people.
- The Elites Jump Ship: I'm upper class. I don't have to deal with your problems. I'm out of here!
- Falsely Advertised Accuracy: I know I lied when I said I did my research, but truth is researching is so boring!
- Fantastically Indifferent: Wow. Magic. Whatever.
- Fat Slob: I'm a fat guy who ain't cleaning up my mess.
- Fleeting Demographic Rule: Let's just do a gimmick/storyline we've already done before. It's not like everyone's going to remember.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Phlegmatic.
- Funny Character, Boring Actor: The character in the show/movie is hilarious! The guy who plays him.... eh, not so much.
- Game-Breaking Bug: What? There's a glitch in the game that makes it impossible to play? Cool. Don't care.
- Genius Slob: I'm too smart to clean up anything.
- The Gods Must Be Lazy: I'm a god. I don't want to be bothered doing things for you mortals.
- Good Bad Bugs: It's a good thing the bug in the game is fun, because we don't feel like fixing it.
- Grey-and-Gray Morality: I can be your bestest friend? Or your worse enemy? You choose.
- Hand Wave: I'm far too bored to give out any complex detail to explain the plot points of my work.
- Head-in-the-Sand Management: I'm in charge, but I won't address a threat till it's too late to do anything about it.
- Immortal Apathy: I don't really care about the plight of you mere mortals.
- I'm Standing Right Here: I don't care that you can hear me insulting you.
- Incriminating Indifference: That person's not sad or upset about their loved one's death? Then they must be the murderer!
- Laborious Laziness: I'll work on this thing here for 2 hours, even if it takes me an hour.
- Lack of Empathy: Someone is sad, and I don't care.
- Laid-Back Koala: That koala hasn't moved from its tree in an hour!
- Lazy Artist: I don't put any detail in my artwork.
- Lazy Bum: I don't want to do anything at all.
- Lazy Mexican: ¡Olvidalo, holmes! I ain't workin' for nothin', ese!
- Lazy Husband: Meh, I'll let my wife clean up the mess.
- Lazy Neutered Pet: Eh, they took out my gonads. Now I feel like doing nothing but eat and sleep.
- Limited Animation: We're too lazy to make our animation more advanced.
- Medieval Stasis: I know it's been, like, hundreds of years since our society has advanced in technology, but whatever. Let's just stay as it is.
- Mellow Fellow: My main personality trait is that I don't care.
- Misplaced-Names Poster: I know the names on the poster don't match up the actors, but you couldn't pay me to fix it.
- Monkey Morality Pose: What are you interpreting? That I am ignoring something I should acknowledge? Is that supposed to interest me?
- Museum of Boredom: I'm in a museum that's extremely boring.
- Myopic Conqueror: I am The Conqueror, but the place I have conquered doesn't interest me in the slightest. Yawn...
- Nature Is Boring: I am so bored by nature.
- Never Recycle Your Schemes: Why bother revising the same scheme? It would be too tedious to reuse something that just failed.
- No Plans, No Prototype, No Backup: Here, I made this thing. What do you mean, what if something happens to it? There's no "backup."
- Non-Answer: [.....]
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: She's hot. So what?
- Obvious Beta: This game isn't finished, but let's release it anyway.
- Ode to Apathy: I don't even care about it, but I'm singing about it anyway.
- One-Product Planet: I have an idea—everyone on this planet should just make one thing.
- Overused Running Gag: Too bored to come up with any other gags to fit the humor.
- Perpetual Beta: Instead of just fixing the game once and for all, let's just keep patching it over and over.
- Planet of Hats: Everyone on this planet has something in common, because who cares?
- The Power of Apathy: Not caring about things makes me powerful. Whatever.
- Primp of Contempt: I'm going to file my nails, puff my hair, and fix my makeup because I don't care about what's going on right now.
- Professional Slacker: It's my job to sit around and do nothing all day.
- Recycled Premise: We're just going to use a premise that has been done before because we're too lazy to write anything original.
- Recycled Script: We're just going to use the same script from another show because we're lazy writers.
- Reputation Apathy: PR is the last thing on my mind.
- Rich Boredom: Man, opulence is so boring!
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: I should probably do something... nah, I'm too lazy right now. I'll do it later... maybe...
- Safety in Indifference: Not caring protects me from getting hurt.
- Same Story, Different Names: Okay, so I need to make a new story, but here's what I'm gonna do—I'll just do the same thing again and tweak the title. No one will notice.
- Seen It All: We already saw it, and that makes it boring.
- Shallow Parody: Let's make fun of this other project/production that we only have a partial and generic knowledge of!
- Shaped Like Itself: Literally no one cares about analogies. It is what it is.
- Shrug of God: I know you have a question about a story I wrote but... eh, I don't know.
- Single-Biome Planet: Isn't one biome on the planet enough?
- The Slacker: I just sit around doing nothing all day.
- Sluggish Seal: We're seals who aren't interested in physical activities. So please quit bothering us and let us rest on these rocks.
- Small Reference Pools: Look, if it's not popular, I'm not going to acknowledge it.
- Small Town Boredom: This shabby place is so boring.
- The Snack Is More Interesting: I know this is super important, but... food.
- So Okay, It's Average: It's just plain mediocre. Nothing interested about it.
- Space Age Stasis: There's a Time Skip and technology hasn't changed at all. So what.
- Stock Footage: Let's just use this clip over and over.
- Stopped Caring: Ah, forget it.
- Straw Nihilist: Life is meaningless anyway, so who cares what happens to everybody?
- Stupid Neutral: Who cares about common sense? I'm simply uninterested in using my head anyway.
- Surveillance Station Slacker: I don't have time to stare at surveillance cameras to keep an eye on anyone there. I am too busy slacking off.
- Symbolic Serene Submersion: I'm floating limply underwater, symbolizing my apathy/helplessness, because I simply stopped caring.
- Tandem Parasite: You can do the work on this two-person bike, I'll just kick back and relax...
- Too Bleak, Stopped Caring: There's nothing in this work that amuses us, much less anyone worth liking. So bored.
- Too Broken to Break: I'm so (mentally or physically) broken that anything you can do to me is "meh."
- Translation: "Yes": That answer is too long. So a simple "yes" will do.
- Trapped by Mountain Lions: There's so many characters and subplots introduced yet none are relevant to the plot. Ergo they don't interest me.
- True Love Is Boring: This OTP is snoozefest.
- True Neutral (some examples): I don't care about the battle between good vs evil or order vs chaos.
- Tyop on the Cover: Yeah, I know the cover of the work has a typo. What's your point?
- Unfazed Everyman: I know this stuff is super weird, but I couldn't care less.
- Unfortunate Implications: (YMMV) Yeah, I'll just put this in the story. Whatev—Wait, what do you mean someone's offended by it?
- The Unfettered: Morals are cheap, piss me off? You're dead, simple.
- The Un-Reveal: It takes time to detail exactly what you want to see. Not revealing it to you saves us time.
- The Un-Twist: I don't care if it was super obvious. I'm still treating this like The Reveal.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Something awesome just happened. Meh.
- Vanilla Edition: We don't care about adding "extra features" to a DVD release so you can get your so-called money's worth. Just buy it!
- Victory Is Boring: I won! But I got nothing to do now.
- While Rome Burns: Something horrible is happening... Time to chill.
- White Void Room: I have decorated this room with literally nothing.
- A Winner Is You: You've won the video game. Here's your reward: "Good job."
- A Wizard Did It: What, you want me to explain something that doesn't make sense? Fine. The answer is "magic."
- Wrongfully Attributed: Wait, I don't know who actually did this thing... Ah, whatever. It was this guy.
Eh, we don't care about making a more creative stinger.