Military Lady Julia Zalez - SatinelCurrent captain of the Centauri carrier Castellan.
- By The Book Captain
- Mildly Military: Tries to avert this and is quick to warm up to those who do as well.
Ensign Captain Hector Bouchard - Reluctant Cannon Fodder - FauxlosopheSecond in command of the Centauri carrier Castellan.
- Cowardly Lion: Will suit up in a mook frame and fight along side the aces when ordered to, all the while griping about his imminent demise.
- Custom Uniform: He likes to add personal touches to see how much he can get away with.
- Deadpan Snarker: To the point of being the Meta Guy at times.
- Neo Gallian Jerk
- Insane Troll Logic: Indulges in it at times to convince others of awful plans and ridiculous things. To his horror, sometimes it works.
- Mildly Military: Does everything he can to mock and undermine authority.
- Ultimate Job Security: Spends most of his time mocking superiors and Knights but his seniority prevents him from getting fired.
Trio Knight Lorraine Helena K.R. venne Bannikberg — Lady la Blanc note - SpainSun
Leader of the Bannikberg Knights Regiment, a Centauri Knight squadron. A cool yet passionate woman. She pilots the modified Stalker, Voice of Silence.
- Berserk Button: Largely the whole "war is inevitable" attitude. She despises it. She and Earl had a confrontation over the matter at one point, but have now largely patched things up.
- Broken Bird: In a sense. She doesn't show it often, though.
- Colonel Badass: Leader, most senior and most skilled of the Knights.
- Lady of War
- Love Hurts: Her former squadron leader and fiance', Jarit Delorean, who died in battle.
- Ojou: Minor royalty and looked up to by her subordinates.
- The Quiet One: According to Jimmy she's always been like this.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Loraine is a distant relative of the Centauri Emperor.
- Shout-Out: Her name to the BattleTech-verse city of Bannikberg.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
Trio Knight Alexei Niktokov - Bolt of Azure — lockonlockon
- The Berserker: Has a bit of this in battle. But mostly when people do something cowardly or stupid. Which makes them...
- Berserk Button: Literally. Alexei does not like it when people interfere with his job.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Alexei is a vicious pilot, and is profoundly honor-bound, always properly addressing his superiors. The rest of the time, he's a chirpy, eccentric fellow who loves yo-yos, and will talk your ears off at the slightest chance he gets.
- Characterization Marches On: Used to go beserk, but is now more collected, but still violent.
- Glass Cannon
- Knife Nut
- Meaningful Name: Alexei means "Defender", Whereas Niktokov means "Nobody's son".
- The Slacker: Hates work. He actually prefers going to prison between the field and being stuck at the foundation.
- Super Soldier: Alexei was produced by a program to create these before it shut down due to lack of funding.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: when he's raging.
Trio Knight James "Jimmy" Stuart - Golden Wings - ScholasticaA Centauri pilot. He is cheerful and talkative. His frame is an Invoke.
- Crash-Into Hello
- Knight in Shining Armor: Jimmy is quick to come to the defense of his female teammates.
- Centari Gentleman: Hails from an aristocratic family in what could be considered the Centauri South.
- Honor Before Reason: Almost challenges Jaedong to a duel at a peace treaty signing over an insult.
- Meet Cute: With Roxy Bishop.
- Put on a Bus: Left to form his own Knight Regiment.
Eighth Knight Roxanne Bishop - Brazen Rocket - SatinelA recently promoted Knight sent to Lambdadelta to showcase a prototype "Firefly" transformer frame.
- Crash-Into Hello
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Heroic BSoD: From piloting the LSEM
- Meet Cute: With Jimmy Stuart.
- Moe: Roxy is quickly developing this capacity, even drawing Federation pilots to her aid.
- New Meat: Just got assigned to her team.
- The Ditz: Forgetful, naive, or clumsy since she appeared.
Eighth Knight Earl Vieillard - Centurion - FauxlosopheA veteran of the Gainsborough campaign on Aeris. Recently promoted to 8th Knight and sent to serve in the Bannikberg Knights Regiment.
- By The Book Soldier : Would like to think he is, though he is pretty eccentric himself when left to his own devices.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Convinced that he's an uncaring coward and unworthy of friendship, though he never admits to it directly (and despite evidence to the contrary).
- Forgets to Eat: When he does, it's often fairly poorly.
- Freudian Excuse: A combination of well meaning but poor Parents and the desire to outdo his Father in a more By the Books manner is probably Earl's biggest motivation. Horror at what resulted from it makes up his Philosophy.
- Knight In Sour Armor
- Macross Missile Massacre
- Memento MacGuffin: A sword from his father.
- New Meat: Newly Knighted, newest regiment member.
- Odd Couple: With Blau.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Earl in a Nutshell.
- Stoic Woobie: Rough upbringing, Brutal Campaign and has had rough spots with most of the characters in the regiment Never allowed himself to admit it or show it.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Very slowly warms up to the Regiment as they show him affection, though he had a tendancy to snap back behind his uncaring appearance whenever anyone got too close.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Possibly his father's entire side of the family.
Fifth Knight Colette Fortescue - Violet Chevalier - daltar
A Centauri Knight, transferred into the Bannikberg Knights Regiment after her transport shuttle crash landed into the vacation planet of Yokolit. Owner of a cute space cat.
Sixth Knight James Weinz von Strantz - ''White Paladin' - CommandoDude
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: The Aurora
- Bothering by the Book
- Cultured Warrior
- Honor Before Reason: Attempted to fight Godot one on one.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Meddling Parents: Was afraid his Mother might attempt to have him re-reassigned from the Castellan to a boring but safe assignment.
- Momma's Boy
- My Country, Right or Wrong
- Officer and a Gentleman
- Rules Lawyer: Has the entire Centauri military regulations handbook memorized.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Von Trope Family
Sixth Knight Leonard Reitman - Liquid Sabre - FusionmanA casual Knight from the Centauri controlled areas of Lai Dame.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Though hasn't had much of a chance for romance.
Eighth Knight Gabriel Leon - Steel Phoenix - rabbitRider
The illegitimate son of a high-ranking noble, who yearns to prove himself and earn glory on the battlefield. Currently the newest member of the Bannikberg Regiment, and it shows.
- Heroic Bastard
- Naïve Newcomer
- New Meat
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Desperately seeks his father's approval.
???? Knight Issac Alesci - Pale Spector - darksidevoidA member of the Praetorian Guard, and currently assigned to keep tabs on the Bannikberg Regiment after their little adventure involving a third party prison ship.
Trio Knight Tsubaki Karamoto - Iron Camellia
Alexei's mate and the Chief Engineer of the Bannikberg Regiment. Also a super soldier from the DeWitt Foundation
- Bi the Way
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Gets extremely excited over both the Firefly and Roxy to the point of kissing the frame pilot (on the cheek).
- Guns Akimbo: Preferred fighting style.
- Mr. Fixit
- Super Soldier
- Wrench Wench: Very much so, almost always has a wrench of some type on her person, so when she gets angry....
- Wrench Whack: Jimmy was a victim to a thrown ratchet when entering Hangar #004, and Alexei was on the receiving end of one as well.
Centauri sapience-grade AI Sen - LockonLockon[[note]]made available for use to all Centauri players[[/note]
An AI that served with Alexei on his old regiment, is said to have saved his life several times. Operates the turret defenses of the castellan.
- Gamer Chick: Often downloads video games to Alexei's slate computer in her free time.
- Genki Girl: When she's not operating on official terms, she is energetic and loves to talk with the crew.
- Space Ship Girl: Used to be one of these, she was modified to be a Portable AI, allowing her to transfer between systems easily once booted.
Blau the Space Octopus
An octopus species genetically engineered to live in space, rather than in the water.
Military Lord Dain Keller - Steel Citadel - Gaunt88Former captain of the Centauri starship, Castellan.
- The Captain
- Danger Deadpan
- Hollywood Cyborg: His left arm is robotic
- Put on a Bus: After Gaunt quit.
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: The Federation squadron has never flown together before, having just been assembled prior to the beginning of the story.
Captain Mikal Quasp - Midnight Death/Angel-01 - zzzdragonCaptain of the Federation starship, Seraphim. Also a former frame pilot. His frame is modified Quicksilver.
Commander Calven Hobbes - November - by WryteCommander of the 195th Ace Squadron. He pilots the customized Quicksilver, Echo.
- Badass Beard
- Badass Boast: After rescuing the hostages on the captured battleship mission.
- Big Damn Hero: Rescued the crew of the captured battleship single-handed.
- Former Teen Rebel: Hobbes joined the military as an alternative to a prison sentence in his late teens.
- Guns Akimbo: With assault rifles during the captured battleship mission.
- Knife Nut: Hobbes favors short blades both for his frame (physical blade) and in hand-to-hand combat (bayonet). Complete with Slashed Throat tactics.
- Knight In Sour Armor: But still tries to put on the face of the shining variety.
- Nice Guy: Chats with enemy pilots like it was nothing.
- Only Sane Man: Increasingly seems like this among the Federation Aces sometimes.
- Rated M for Manly: Ex-Space Marine covered in someone else's blood with an assault rifle in each hand.
- Shout-Out: To Calvin and Hobbes and The Venture Bros..
- Space Marine: Hobbes originally joined the Federation military as a marine.
- Team Dad: Hobbes seems to be gravitating to this role.
Lieutenant Flint Zechran - Wrench - FluidA young, relatively inexperienced ace despite his proven combat skills. Not prone to making the wisest decisions. He pilots the upgrade Magellan, Magus.
- Ascended Fanboy: Whether this is a good thing is debatable.
- Ensign Newbie
- Gadgeteer Genius: He performs all maintenance and upgrades to his Frame by hand. See also his nickname.
- Hot-Blooded: Sufficiently so to make his brain melt, probably.
Lieutenant Jaedong Lee - Tyrant - neobowmanAn ambitious Federation pilot looking to use the military as a springboard to power. He pilots the heavily modified Stalker, Swarm. Refers to himself as Lee Jaedong, in Korean name fashion.
- Ace Pilot: Tends to be a sniper but is proficient with close combat as well.
- Arrogant Frame Combat Guy
- Badass Boast: His self-introduction to the other pilots.
- Born Winner
- Catchphrase: Hey, (insert optional derogatory noun here) trash.
- Death Stare
- Evil Laugh: When he laughs, which he does not do often, kekekeke.
- The Gift: A naturally talented frame pilot.
- The Lancer: A twisted, and not so good variant of this to Hobbes.
- Pride: To the extreme.
- Shout-Out: To a StarCraft heavyweight player by the same name. Who is much nicer.
- Token Evil Teammate: Not really evil, but not very caring for anyone.
Lieutenant Piper Lee - Scrap - AbsyntheA Federation pilot. Her frame is a customized Magellan.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Sort of. More clumsy than cute.
- Plucky Girl
- Heroic BSoD: Piper was transferred to the Seraphim when her entire squad was killed in a Centauri sneak attack. She escaped because she was, as usual, running late; she arrived just in time to see everyone gunned down and blown to bits. The past six months have been a Heroic BSoD for her due to therapy and her dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder. She hides it well.
- Wrench Wench to an extent. Good at minor repairs but is trying to teach herself more about her frame
Sune Arrows - Banshee - Atomic Nut
A former pirate, turned mercenary, that would eventually join the Federation due to a bizarre chain of events.
- Action Girl : For obvious reasons.
- Berserk Button: Hurt a kid or betray your beliefs and you'll see how bad it is.
- Cool Ship: The Charon
- Deadpan Snarker: Constantly.
- Heroic Albino
- Mama Bear
- Ms. Fanservice: It doesn't help with her personality.
- The Lad-ette: Quite so.
- Satisfied Street Rat: One could argue that having a frame and some pilot job is a great improvement given her past.
- Space Pirate: Formerly.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Obviously.
Lieutenant Rohiko Testbug - Callsign - neobowman
- New Meat
- Not a Morning Person
- Punch-Clock Hero/ Punch-Clock Villain: Depends on what side you are.
- Shout-Out: More StarCraft
Lee Cooper - Coop - ReDeadA fighting man to the core, he is always seeking stronger opponents.
Barney D. Joseph - Bravo Juliet - by romanmythAn aged Ace who came out of retirement because he was bored with civilian life.
Carson Hawkins - Nitro - GiG
Jay Ibarra - Knell - play by Hydrall
Varina Davis - Skydive - by Parable
Jill Gui - Dakka - MaskedAndDangerous
Loam Heartfield - First Ace - HydrallA veteran Federation pilot, popularly known as the First Ace. He wrote the book on modern deep strike warfare, apparently literally, and has fans on both sides of the war. He pilots an old Titanius. Currently on Lamia.
Federation Automatic Mission Assignment System, or AmasThe AI that presides over the Federation's Aces, supervising their missions without input by the higher command. It doesn't bother to check if missions are legal, though.
GodotRuthless prison warden
- Combat Sadomasochist
- For the Evulz
- Large Ham: And how!
- Smug Snake
- This Cannot Be!: When James kills him.
- Third-Person Person
- You Have Failed Me
Delorelai vai Bizekbirg
- Axe-Crazy - Has been this way since childhood. She's unstable, but also a really good frame pilot. Better than Lorraine, in fact.
- Combat Sadomasochist - see Nightmare Fetishist below.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good - Really doesn't get why everyone is so crazy about this whole "life" thing.
- Misanthrope Supreme - Delorelai considers most life in general to be a blight upon the universe and disgusting as a whole. There are a few people—a very few—she likes. Mostly those who think the same.
- Nightmare Fetishist - Death and gore are things she is into. Like....really into.
- The Rival - An absolutely hate-fueled version of this with Lorraine. An exaggerated example, perhaps.
- Axe-Crazy - Might actually be worse than Delorelai in this regard.
- Gender-Blender Name - The Utnapishtim of Sumerian legend and myth was a man.
- Nightmare Fetishist - Considers herself an artist. Her medium is killing people.
- Meaningful Name - In-Universe example, as the project she is the sole survivor of was originally meant to create immortal soldiers. This was changed to a more realistic goal early on, but the names remained.
- Misanthrope Supreme - Cares about a few people, much like Delorelai. Hates humans in general though, and doesn't even consider herself one.
- Obfuscating Stupidity \ Obfuscating Naivety - Pretends to be a childish moron when Doctor Onaki is around/listening, which is most of the time.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes - Does a deliberately disturbing version.
- Super Soldier - Considers herself superior to humans.
Dr. Halsey Onaki
People who showed up on Ossetia during the subplot there. Mostly minor characters.
Maximilien venne Bannikberg
Archduke of Ossetia and Head of the Bannikberg House, a stern nobleman and former frame pilot himself (who lead the first group of pilots to ever call itself The Bannikberg Regiment). Disapproves of Lorraine's choice of career, but has come to begrudgingly accept it.
- Blue Blood
- Badass Beard - A dreadlocked beard, we might add.
- Badass Grandpa - Current Archduke of Ossetia, one of the main discoverers of the ROZUM plot, this isn't even taking his frame days into account.
Lorraine A.D. venne Bannikberg
Archduchess of Ossetia, something of a lovable kook.
- Cloudcuckoolander - Probably the straightest example that has shown up thus far.
- Name's the Same - As her daughter. Which caused no small amount of confusion on Leonard's part.
Clovis venne Bannikberg
Heir to the Ossetian throne, Lorraine's older youngest brother.
- Blue Blood
- Odd Couple - In love with Alice, a housemaid at the Royal Palace.
- The Royals Who Actually Do Something - Very active in social work.
Malachi venne Bannikberg
Lorraine's younger younger brother, not seen much.
Erszebette "Rizzy" venne Bannikberg
Lorraine's little sister. Adorably energetic.
Jenyfr venne Bannikberg
Renowned author, musician, and playboy (or playwoman, as the case may be). Lorraine's cousin, tried and failed to hook up with Isaac.
Uno Knight Bartholomew Tolkien, Smaug
Hot-Blooded Captain of the Ossetian Royal Guard, claims to be a decendant of JRR Tolkien.
Shahalan Captain Moral DorThe hilariously fanatical and incompetent 'leader' of the Shahalan Republic's military forces.
The Revolution Subplot Characters
- Expy: More of a pastiche, really. But he does borrow heavily from both the real Lenin and other prominent Soviets as well as various political hip-hop figures like Chuck D, KRS-One and Micheal Franti. Of course, this is all exaggerated to comedic proportions.
- Large Ham: I will NEVER SURRENDER!!
- Rebel Without a Cause: Maybe?
Leo "Bro" Stein
The conspiracy theorist archetype taken to cartoonish extremes. Drinks nothing but coffee, as he believes all water to be laced with sedative drugs.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Majorly, but see below.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: It is suggested by Lenin that he might be doing this.
- Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy Theorist: Well no actually, he thinks the tinfoil companies are in on the conspiracy too.
Chipper CCCP member. Also indulges in unspecified recreational drugs.
Fourth Knight Arthur Zhuktakov
A strong, honorbound Knight Lorraine meets onboard the prison ship. He has been there for almost a year now. He is from Ossetia.
A Federation Engineer met by Lorraine onboard the prison ship. Ten of her eleven years in engineering were spent on civilian work before she was drafted to frame repair for the Federation. Her opinion of the war is low.
Lorraine's deceased boyfriend and the son of Federation defectors, died in battle after being caught in the explosion of an enemy frame. His death was mourned throughout the Confederacy.
- Has Two Mommies - Both of whom were Federation defectors and one of whom was also a knight.
- Hot-Blooded - Essentially a deconstruction of the trope, as it got him killed.
- Leeroy Jenkins - Decidedly non-comedic example, as it cost him his life.
- Posthumous Character - Died an unspecified number of years before the game takes place.