Ensign Kara Cheslock - Echo - GIG
An idealistic young recruit, filled with fervor and pride in the Federation. She was raised by her nationalistic and overbearing father, a military man who instilled his values deeply into her.
Ensign Phillip Sheridan - Blaze - Parable
The most sane member of the Federation regiment, Phil was raised on the Moon, making this Lunarian the only non-Terran on the cast besides Yasan. He is religious, an oddity in the Federation, and relatively normal in relation to the rest of the cast. Has a tendency to quote The Bible, sometimes during combat.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Good Shepherd: Although not in a command position, Phil tended to be the voice of morality and reason in the group. How often he was listened to is up for debate.
- Only Sane Man: Oh so much.
Ensign Kiera Vulp - Foxfire - Dragon573
A law school graduate turned shuttle pilot turned Frame jockey. A Terran just like most of the pilots, Kiera is notable for her recklessness and loyalty to her squad, as well as having an insubordinate streak.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: She pushed them up by the bridge with her middle finger. Yes, she knows how it looks, and it is intentional.
- Bi the Way: Hinted at. She got rather friendly towards Kara after she returned from her imprisonment, and mentioned off-hand that she once kissed a Marine-gal while drunk.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Invoked. She deliberately acts like this toward Calvin to screw up his attempts at skirt-chasing.
- The Gadfly: Aspires to be this, questioning orders and challenging the moral superiority of others. YMMV on whether she succeeds, as few seemed to actually reconsider their views.
- Nakama: She believes very strongly in this.
- White-Haired Pretty Girl
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Kiera hated everyone at first. Eventually, she developed a tolerance. Or in Kara and Calvin's case, actually started liking them.
- The Tease: Towards Calvin. She exploited his skirt chasing ways to get him to cooperate, offering him a dinner date. She went through with it, but the cheesy line he used to proposition her later caused her to target him in particular for her Troll tendencies.
- Tsundere: Type A for Calvin.
Lt. Calvin Summers- "Baldur" (Formerly Foxtrot 7) - Rabbit Rider
One of Shang's prisonners who the Flight freed during their first combat on Aeris. A shameless flirt and avid videogame character, Calvin would join up to serve as a member of the 08th.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Although not quite as vocal as Lilith about explosions, he enjoyed being the pilot seat.
- Casanova Wannabe: How the cast tended to treat him, even if he did have a reasonable success record.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Had his moments, including a recurring fear of Warbunnies that emerged from a night of very heavy drinking.
- Hidden Depths: He's far more self-aware than his first impression might imply; He know what he wants but when it would get in the way of something more important or simply get to be too much work, he's quick to drop it. He also varied between counter-trolling Kiera and just getting apathetic whenever it turned out to be too much effort.
- I Call It "Vera": Called his frame "His Baby".
- Manchild: Calvin is perhaps a more positive portrayal of this; a little spoilt, reckless and self indulgent, he cares deeply for his friends and won't let anything get in the way of protecting them.
- Spoiled Sweet: Not quite sweet, but clearly spoilt and clearly well intentioned.
Ensign Lilith MacDonald - Sunrise - RenaTheArchmage
One of the newer additions to the Federation, as well as one of the most reliably unstable. Lilith hails from Earth, being raised in Providence, RI, and will remind everyone at every available opportunity. She enlisted at the earliest possible opportunity, and has a a fondness for explosives that the others find slightly worrisome.
- The Alcoholic: Hollywood version, and poorly handled.
- Fearless Fool: Often charged into battle, and retreated shortly afterwards due to charging into battle.
- Karma Houdini: Outside of a few passing mentions, she never faces justice for several questionable acts committed on Aeris.
- Mad Bomber: Her primary weapon is a grenade launcher,note her frame has a nuclear reactor inside, meaning it oftentimes exploded (Lilith is one of the very few surviving pilots), and she had a fondness for manufacturing explosives in the barracks.
- Never Live It Down: The Miniputt Incidentexplanation would haunt her for the rest of her life.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Though everyone had shades, Lilith was definitely this more than most.
- Pyromaniac: Her primary personality trait, which led to Flanderization. Despite this, she is not Ax-Crazy, as the trope often implies, and the few times that her allies/civilians were killed, she was genuinely horrified and disturbed by it.
Yasan - Control - Fauxlosophe (GM)
- Cultural Posturing: A Native of Aeris fighting for his homeland but in charge of a team of Terrans (and a Lunarian), he had a tendancy to take shots at Terran culture and glorify his own. Especially when it came to alcohol.
- Father to His Men: It was a strange, dysfunctional family but Yasan definitely filled this role in some capacity.
- Out Grown Such Silly Superstitions: He, like many in the former strictly Anti-Religious Federation, considers religion to be an anachronism and something of a novelty. Strangely, he is the minority in his flight and is very vocal about how odd this is.
- The Übermensch: He lived according to the philosophy in a toned down sense. He ignored rules and obligations and encouraged others to do so as well, so long as it didn't interfere with results. When it did, he'd hurry to shut it down and be harsh in doing so. He would go to great lengths to protect his Flight and Friends, but made it clear that once they were gone, he'd raise a glass and then move on.
- Straw Nihilist: Kiera held him as being one, which he shrugged off.
- What the Hell, Hero?: He'd often shut down Flightmates who got too moralistic with their own past mistakes and would call out anyone who took Honour Over Reason or risked results in great detail.