Voiced by: Roseanne Barr
- Sarcasm-Blind: In the scene where Maggie proposes her plan to save the farm to Mrs. Calloway, this happens:Maggie: Why don't we go nab that Alameda Slim and use the reward money to save the farm?Mrs. Calloway: Oh, that is a ''sensible'' idea.Maggie: I knew you'd love it!Mrs. Calloway: Don't they have sarcasm where you come from?
- Ironically, Maggie can completely understand Calloway's sarcasm in almost every other scene.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the tombull to Mrs. Calloway's girly cow. Maggie is boisterous and has a fighting spirit, while Mrs. Calloway is essentially a nice old lady in cow form.
Voiced by: Judi Dench
- Berserk Button: Having her hat ruined turns her into a wild animal.
- Deadpan Snarker: She's prone to sarcastic remarks, such as when she says to Maggie "O, that is a sensible idea!" while meaning the exact opposite.
- Interspecies Romance: With Junior the Buffalo at the end.
- Married Animals: Her name implies she was married at one point, however her spouse is never referenced.
- Nice Hat: Mrs. Calloway (even though she's a cow) wears a hat; and at a certain point in the movie when a buffalo is trying to work against the cows, he shouts to her "Nice Hat!".
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the girly cow to Maggie's tombull. Mrs. Calloway is essentially a nice old lady in cow form, while Maggie is boisterous and has a fighting spirit.
Voiced by: Jennifer Tilly
- Dreadful Musician: Grace sings waaaay off-key, much to Maggie's displeasure. Even the herder thinks she sounds terrible. Of course, she's tone-deaf, which explains it.
- Dumb Blonde: She has such fair colouring, especially compared to the red Maggie and dark Mrs. Calloway, that she's the cow equivalent of a blonde. She's also a Ditz, with things going over her head, her being naive, etc.
- Immune to Mind Control: Because she's tone-deaf, she is the only cow not affected by Alameda Slim's Mind-Control Music, and she manages to snap her friends out so they can stop him.
- The Kirk: She's the one who has to tone down disputes between Maggie and Mrs. Calloway. And even among the other farm animals.
Voiced by: Cuba Gooding Jr..
- Hot-Blooded: Grace refers to him as having anger management issues.
- It's All About Me: Wants to capture Slim for all the glory.
- Jerkass: Very egotistical and very obnoxious to the cows.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Buck is initially annoying and selfish towards the cows, but after it's revealed that Rico's actually a mercenary who was working for Slim all along, he joins their team and helps them escape.
- HeelFace Turn: Subverted as he wasn't really evil himself but rather a selfish jerkass who only was unknowingly working for the Big Bad, but once Buck learns that Rico, the guy he idolizes and had been working with is a bad guy, he helps the cows escape after they are captured.
Voiced by: Randy Quaid
- Acrofatic: He's fat and he's agile, as shown when dodging Maggies attacks at the beginning of his Villain Song.
- Badass Boast: At the beginning of his Villain Song.
- Berserk Button: Don't call his yodeling "singing", he takes offence to that.
- Big Bad: His capture is the object of the cows so they can save the farm.
- Clark Kenting: As Yancy O'Del. His nephews couldn't catch on to the two being one and the same even as Slim put on the disguise right in front of them. This is taken Up to Eleven when one of them dons the hat and spectacles and the other two freak out just as they did with Slim.
- Insistent Terminology: Is insistent that he yodels instead of sings.Alameda Slim: I yodel! And yodeling IS AN ART!
- Large Ham: Like many other Disney villains. Randy Quaid seems to be one of the few good things critics and fans consider about the film.
- Stout Strength: Shown to be able to smash a mine cart with his bare hands.