open/close all folders
Tropes that fit them allMukokuseki
: There's a lot of japanese naming, but except for Natsuki, who looks like an stereotypical asian character, most of them look Caucasian, European
, or Latino
The main protagonist. He's lost his memories and got a Caiman Lizard head. He seeks to regain both his face and memories by hunting down Magic-Users, whom he believes to be responsible for his state. His M.O.? Find em and stick their heads in his mouth, where they meet a strange man later revealed to be a duplicate of Risu
who, so far, has said nothing but,"You're not the one." Yes, this man is living inside his mouth.
Then he pulls em out, and when they tell him that they are not the one, he kills them. Horribly.
- Amnesiac Hero
- Anti-Hero: Type III, though he's rather nice with those he considers his friends. It's mostly because he lives in a Crapsack World.
- Anti-Magic: He's immune to Magic, which makes him very dangerous to the Magic-Users, who often are too reliant on their powers. Unfortunately, this only makes him immune from being transformed or affected directly by smoke. Magical items can still hurt him, as seen when he fights En.
- Big Eater: So much so that Nikaido is in debt because he does not pay his tab.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Does a miniature dance of joy at being allowed to fight Shin and Noi.
- Heroic Build: the guy looks like he came from the first few sagas of Jojos Bizarre Adventure
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He hunts down Magic-Users in order to regain a human head and live a life as normal as Hole permits him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Being rather lazy and sometimes violent aside, he's a pretty nice guy. It helps that he usually targets Magic Users and jerks.
- Knife Nut
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Lizard Folk
- Mage Killer
- Put on a Bus: Sort of. He's actually Kai.
- The Bus Came Back: Finally reappears at the end of Chapter 117. However, whether or not its actually him is still in question.
- Progressively Prettier: As you can see in the image, he looks positively more reptilian at the beginning.
- Red Baron: Called the Magician Killer
- Spell My Name with an "S": Rendered "Caiman" by the Viz Media translation.
- Split Personality: He's shown to be Ai/Kai/Aikawa. He also has at least 9 heads, possibly one for each personality.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: as a normal guy
- Subverted however, as Devil!Nikaido puts it:"you're average, not handsome, nor ugly"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Nikaido's gyozas.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is afraid of ghosts. But okay with zombies. Apparently zombies are just hungry. Which somehow makes them better.
Aikawa/Ai Aikawa is what Kaiman was before he was caught on Ebisu's smoke. He looks similar to Guts, but more civilized. Was Risu's best friend, but things got complicated because of his powers, ending up killing him. Later, Risu comes for revenge
Kaiman's friend. She follows him into his quest of regaining his memories and human face. She runs the Hungry Bug restaurant and makes the best gyozas of the city. She's a Magic-User who came to Hole and vowed to never use her Magic again. She has the ability to manipulate time, and gets hunted down by En because of it.
- Action Girl: Strong enough to fight Noi.
- Anti-Hero: Nice gal all around, yet it's wisely recommended to don't get on her bad side. Or hurt her friends.
- Brainwashed: When En hunts her down and makes her his partner.
- However, she can resist the contract (albeit with severe drawbacks) and eventually gets better after En dies.
- Chef of Iron: She makes the best gyozas of Hole (according to Kaiman anyways), and can karate-chop off your head.
- Cute Bruiser
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her life was not that bad, seeing as she had friends and a family of sorts. The dark and troubling part about it is that she erased it with her Time Travel powers.
- Genki Girl: When she gets an influx of devil energy she becomes extremely energetic.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her Devil-outfit doesn't even cover her ass.
- Orgasmically Delicious: The gyozas she made one time when she was in a devil-induced manic state.
- Our Demons Are Different: She's becoming a devil accidentally (unfortunately those parts were skipped by the translators, but it seems to be Asu helping her to control her powers), mainly because unlike most magic-users she's used to not using her powers.
A scientist and Hole resident who studies magic users. He was married to magic user who later became a Devil.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Fluffy Tamer: Decided a giant, man-eating cockroach would be a handy pet. The two have been inseparable ever since.
- For Science!
- Gone Horribly Right he made a surgery to Ai to see if he could be able to use magic, a few days later Ai was found dead, except he wasn't,.... he.... succeeded... Very well
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Whenever he interacts with Shin. The two of them are downright friendly and even end up helping each other.
- Happily Married: Sort of. He hadn't seen her for years prior to the story, though they are still very fond of each other.
- Haunted House: Lives in one due to magic users' smoke filling the place.
- Mad Scientist: He has a lab filled with the corpses of magic users and a door that he made out of magic user body parts. He also operated on Shin to help him use magic. For no apparent reason. See For Science! above.
- Oh God Why the surgery I gave Ai worked so well?
- Older Than They Look: He's actually in his sixties but looks like a teenager. His explanation is that he was a test subject for a magic user.
- Only Known by His Nickname: His real name is Haze, though it seems only Haru knows this. In addition "Kasukabe" is actually his wife's real name.
- Tattooed Crook: it's a wonder he's able to work with those tattoos.
A doctor that works in an hospital in hole which helps those affected by Magic Users.
A cockroach changed by the residual magic in the Hole to become human-sized. Wears sneakers and proclaims, "Shocking!"
A Hole resident who eats at Nikaido's restaurant and plays baseball.
Magic-Users' World Residents
Owner of a restaurant in the Magic Users' World.
Worker at Tanba's Meatbags.
Other worker at Tanba's Meatbags.
Ex-worker at Tanba's Meatbags turned rival.
A Magic User and gang leader of a sort. His "Family" engages in various enterprises, obviously quite successful as he lives in what amounts to a small town. He has great influence in the Magic Users' world and has connections to Devils. If the origin story in his movie is to be believed
, his magic was strong enough as a child to turn both of his parents into mushrooms
. Afterwards, he was abducted by weak Magic Users who held him prisoner and sold his smoke on the black market. Eventually, he was discarded and ended up in hell, where he apparently impressed the Devils enough to escape. He returned to the place where he had been imprisoned and freed the others, starting his "Family." Somewhere along the line he sent his men to fight the Cross-Eyes, and many of them died. After that, En decided that his destiny was to take down the boss of the Cross-Eyes.
- Anti-Villain (Type I): Orders to kill his enemies around the town and threatens to turn his subordinates in mushrooms if they double-cross him. In the other hand, he does care for his subordinates and despises injustice despite the whole Yakuza-like behavior.
- Bad Ass
- Benevolent Boss: He's quite nice to his subordinates. Can overlap with A Father to His Men.
- Breath Weapon: Like his cousin, he prefers exuding smoke with his mouth instead of through his fingertips.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Has an obsession with mushrooms: it's the only thing he eats and he's filled his mansion with the stuff. Doesn't change the fact that he's the strongest magic-user in the series.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers one to Kaiman.
- He, in turn, gets a fatal one from Kai.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Runs a number of mushroom-related franchises alongside his more shady dealings.
- Evil Redhead: More or less Evil (it's a mafia don, after all) but you can't deny that he's a redhead.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: His smoke grows mushrooms of various sizes and transforms basically anything into mushrooms.
- Even better, he can then use these mushrooms to fight, with devastating results.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Serves the mushrooms he makes out of people in his restaurant, much to Shin and Noi's disgust.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Killed Off for Real: Though he makes an appearance in Hell.
- Back from the Dead: If his family can get his devil-tumor and Kikurage to his reconstituted body, currently (I believe) in the morgue at Hole's hospital.
- He's Back: after several chapters of being dead, he's resurrected and kicks Shin zombified ass.
- Large Ham: He makes a movie about himself, with an overly dramatic origin story and description of the Cross-Eyes' boss as his fated enemy. And in a visual example, his estate has statues of himself everywhere.
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Mask Power
- Person of Mass Destruction: Well, technically he doesn't destroy things so much as turn them into mushrooms. Entire towns, if you push him too far.
- Spiky Hair: Believe it or not, he appeared a couple of times with his hair down, either in the barber, or just while sleeping. He looks pretty good.
- Villainous Widow's Peak
A Magic-User who works for En as a "Cleaner." He wears a heart-shaped mask. Underneath, he has an ordinary appearance. He likes to eat and engages in casual conversation with Noi. On the job, he becomes bloodthirsty and ruthless, ripping apart anyone in his way.
His magic involves vivisecting people, who remain alive no matter how much he tears them up. He comes from the Hole, where, due to being half-Magic User, he was attacked by the militia from the Hole. After cutting off his arms in an effort to use magic, he gets Dr. Kasukabe to help him. He uses his newfound power to massacre the militia and heads to the Magic Users' world. There he meets and fights Noi, and gets a job working for En.
- And Then Shin Was A Zombie: Got zombified by Kai, or whatever Kai has become.
- Ax-Crazy: Only when he fights. he's otherwise a rather reasonable person.
- Anti-Villain: Mostly Type IV.
- Badass: without a doubt.
- Blond Guys are Anti-heroic
- Blood Knight: Gets an expression of crazed excitement when En tells him that Kaiman will try and kill him.
- Body Horror: His victims, who usually end up as a head and a few assorted organs while still alive.
- Determinator: If he's angry enough, nothing will stop him.
- Drop the Hammer: He favors fighting with a hammer rather than Magic.
- Freudian Excuse: He was hunted down by the Hole militia for being a half-magic user.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-human, half-magic user.
- Hard Head: His head is very hard, evidently when he's stabbed in Volume 8.
- Killed Off for Real: so far...
- Let's Get Dangerous: When he puts his mask backwards, start to pray, better yet, don't.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: When he was a teenager.
- Mask Power: Has the shape of a heart.
- Megane: He's able to see without using them too
- Punch Clock Villain: It's just his job to 'clean' some people.
- Secret Identity: Not him but his dog, who is actually a devil.
- Sempai/Kohai: He's Noi's Sempai, though she has been with En longer. Probably because he's been En's cleaner longer than Noi.
- Ship Tease: Not so much on Shin's side, but he's incredibly modest about Noi, becoming embarrassed whenever he sees her under-dressed, and usually responding with a red face when she does her own side of the Ship Tease. Almost done when he implants the charms that could bring someone back from fatal wounds, but he pulls back the last minute.
- Sympathetic Murderer
- Those Two Bad Guys: Him and Noi, as much as you can call them "bad".
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: When surprised. It's a common expression.
En's cousin and Cleaner, Noi works alongside her partner Shin, wearing a sort of wrestler's mask. Shown to be albino in colored pictures, Noi is almost always friendly and laughing. However, she can't take people being stronger than her, and she worries a lot about her partner. Her magic is a Healing Factor
, allowing her to rebuild anyone from almost anything unless they're dead. When she was younger, she was trying to become a devil, and had gone with Shin to face an incredibly tough opponent three days before the Blue Night came. The final phrase of becoming a devil involves not using your magic until the Blue Night; unfortunately, moments before the hit had ended, Shin was fatally wounded, having jumped in to save Noi from a killing blow. Noi ruined her contract to heal Shin, but she never held a grudge against it - when that Blue Night came, they signed a contract to become partners and have been that way ever since.
- Action Girl
- Amazonian Beauty
- Anti-Villain: Type IV, even moreso than Shin.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Boobs of Steel: As far as raw physical strength goes, she's stronger than Nikaido
- Combat Medic
- Combat Stilettos: Averted, she always wears sensible tennis shoes and the one time she wore heels she could barely walk.
- Evil Albino: Played with, if she wasn't En's hitman, she's a pretty nice person.
- Friendly Enemy: When she meets Nikaido, she is pretty impressed by Nikaido's strength, and declares that the two of them should be friends. Later, when Kasukabe, Shin's close friend, starts to stay with them with several other Hole residents, Noi gets along with them just as well as Shin does.
- Genki Girl: Borders on being really creepy because she stays this way while killing people.
- Just look at this page◊. She's ripped off someone's arm, the blood is spraying on her face, and her victim is going into shock with his friends too horrified to do anything. And she's laughing!
- Healing Factor / The Medic: Cut up? Rotting? Have large chunks of flesh missing? Zombified? She can help. Getting up after a fatal headshot is a matter of seconds for her.
- Her ability is the reason why Ebisu's frequent mishaps are Played for Laughs.
- It's also why Noi is highly valued in En's Family. Even though she can survive almost anything, she's often pestered into staying behind in a safe location when the going gets tough, much to her chagrin.
- Hidden Buxom: in her work clothes.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Back in the day.
- Mask Power
- One Head Taller: With Shin... she's the tall one.
- Our Demons Are Different: Almost became a devil but used her powers to save Shin practically in the last minute of her magic power abstinence. She absolutely does not regret it.
- Punch Clock Villain: Though, unlike Shin, her personality doesn't change to go with.
- Punny Name: Noi = No.1
- Samus is a Girl: It's usually assumed Noi is male, since most people only see her in her work clothes.
- Sempai/Kohai: Kohai to Shin.
- Ship Tease: With Shin, to an unbelievable amount. On at least two occasions, Noi has kissed Shin to fully heal him even though just hovering over his open mouth would've work just as well, she's teased him onscreen once by sleeping on his bed (which lead to a regular member thinking he was interrupting something, and from how Noi worries about Shin, even in an omake becoming worried that he wanted to return to the Hole, it would feel like they're in a relationship or already married. Not helped by them sharing an apartment (though not rooms), and even Shin returning some feelings too.
- Statuesque Stunner
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Shin. Those Two Punch Clock Sympathetic Anti Bad Guys, to be precise. Think Vincent & Jules, with magic and Unresolved Sexual Tension.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Shin criticizes her for relying too much on her healing magic. He notes that she doesn't even try dodging attacks anymore, which comes back to bite her in the ass when going up against the Cross-Eyes for the first time.
A weak Magic User who works for En. Despite being something of an errand boy, he ends up getting involved fairly regularly with the higher up members of the family, most likely because of his connection to Kaiman. Who, incidentally, killed his partner Matsumura.
- Avenging the Villain: Wants revenge for Matsumura's death.
- Butt Monkey
- The Chew Toy: This verges on being downright sadistic, like when he ends up playing baseball against a zombified, disfigured Matsumura.
- Fear Is the Appropriate Response: Compared to the others of En's Family, Fujita shows what most of us would usually do in the situation. It's exactly why he's picked to go undercover and invisible to find out information about the Cross-Eyes and their boss; everyone else, especially the best fighters Shin and Noi, would use the opportunity to attack and would likely die.
- Finger Gun: he used it so little times, but this is his power.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Ebisu. He's taller than Nikaido. Who's pretty tall for a woman.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Having very weak magic and being bullied because of it, Fujita asks Shin and Noi to teach him to be stronger, which they turned him down immediately.
- Multicolored Hair
- Oh, Crap: When he's forced to work with one of the Cross-eyes to escape the wrecked shopping center and the Cross-Eye realizes Fujita's hiding something — the tiny devil-shaped tumor that can help resurrect En.
- Ship Tease: With Ebisu, but in a more playful manner.
- Underestimating Badassery: When the ocassion requires it, he'll kick your ass, or at the very least, put up a fight
A young female Magic User who loses her memory and her sanity after getting her face ripped off by Kaiman. She gets "rescued" by Fujita, who wants her for her expertise in reptilian transformations, thinking she might have a connection to whoever cursed Kaiman.
- Big Fancy House: Her childhood home.
- The Chew Toy: Even more so than Fujita. At times to the point of deconstruction. She gets eaten, disemboweled, zombified and otherwise nearly killed on a regular basis.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: At first it was because of the psychological trauma of having her face ripped off. Then it was because of a hairpin that makes its wearer happy got trapped in her brain.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: When using black powder. She turns into a large lizard and chomps down on her opponents.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Hers are... kind of several circles, not like an spiral, but like several rings inside one another.
- Hairy Girl: Averted completely! believe it or not, but in Volume 15 she's shown from the front, and we have a clear view of her, ehem, lady bits, and she's completely shaven.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Had Fujita arrived a moment later the whole incident with her face would not have happened (Kaiman would have spat her out to ask what the man inside his throat said to her).
- Replacement Gold Fish: When she ran away from home her parents paid a magic-user to make a clone; unfortunately the clone was very unstable and scared them out of their house.
- Squee: after seing En naked... from the front.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: Towards Fujita, but it's mostly teasing, it's pretty obvious she has a crush on him.
- Tom Boy And Girly Girl: Presently a tomboy, in the past she dressed extremely girly.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Until her memories come back as a result of tripping on En's mushrooms of all things.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
A Magic User who works for En. Wears a bird mask and can reverse magic.
- Facial Horror: he looks like the Chattererbut he's not proud of it...
- Gender Bender: in universe, Asu transforms him into a perfect copy of Nikaido (completely with reproductive organs, if we're to believe him), so he can trick En a couple of days. Chota protests at first, but then reconsiders, saying that he'll be able to be near En. And let's say that, there's something wrong with it, but if you pretend it's Nikaido for a couple of chapters... she looks nice with those clothes
- Hell-Bent for Leather
- Heroic Build
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: However after En's death he's shown that he lost a lot of muscle mass and broke his bones when he fell after escaping. He's getting better, however.
- Queer as Tropes
- Ravens and Crows: The motif of his mask.
- Stalker with a Crush: For En. It get's so bad En occasionally has him locked up.
- Spikes of Doom
- Sugar and Ice Personality: He's generally all sparkles and sunshine, but surprisingly cruel when you get on his bad side.
- Torture Technician: It's disgusting, really.
- Ultimate Job Security: En hates his guts, but his magic is just too useful to pass up.
- He pushes the limits when he tricks En by impersonating Nikaido.
- Unfortunate Name: Chota in Spanish is a vulgar way of saying penis.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
En's beloved pet. Likes to play with Ebisu. Can also revive the dead.
Veteran assassin working for the En family. Uses invisibility magic.
Friend of the family. Specialty is clone magic.
A gang which sells black powder, a substance that dramatically increases the amount of smoke a Magic User can produce. They set themselves up as the heroes of the weak Magic Users, who are treated little better than humans.
The mysterious boss of the Cross-Eyes. He was originally a human from Hole, who asked Kasukabe to make him into a Magic User.
After he met Dokuga and his friends, about to be exiled by some Magic Users to the Hole, he killed the Magic Users, took them along with him through the door into the Magic Users' world, and formed the Cross-Eyes. He was attacked by Risu's Curse power after killing Risu and ended up in the Hole as Kaiman.
Due to Mega Manning
and his own strength, he is an extremely formidable fighter.
Also rather insane.
A member of the Cross-Eyes who went into hiding after the boss vanished. He is extremely skilled in hand to hand combat and can kill Magic Users with ease. Solemn and serious, he is also capable of wreaking havoc when needed. He is devoted to his small group of friends, who, like him, live in poverty to make sure that En does not find them.
- Almighty Janitor: The second-in-command of the Cross-Eyes, an organization that even En takes seriously, and also a termite extractor, bath attendant, and whatever else he can land as a job.
- Anime Hair: Although, done in a realistic way.
- Badass Normal
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Gets chopped up by Shin and nearly eaten by Chota's "diet bug".
- Exotic Eye Designs / Animal Eyes: Has pupil-less irises that look like crystals or insect eyes.
- A Father to His Men: Dresses up like a woman and sneaks into a party of Magic Users and kills them all in order to get high quality healing smoke for his friends.
- He also tries to save Natsuki from Kai.
- Identity Amnesia: After crashing into Hole's Central Department Store he apparently thinks he's Ebisu's butler. Ebisu's certain this will wear off if he sees En's corpse (which he's carrying).
- Knife Nut
- Macabre Moth Motif: Played with, while he has moth eyes, and wears a moth mask, he's no less evil than everyone else in the series.
- Poisonous Person: His saliva is toxic. Which is why he eats, bathes and brushes his teeth separately from his comrades. Of course, if he wants to poison the punch at a party...
- Played for Laughs when he uses this to exterminate termites in order to earn some money.
- The Stoic: He actually can't laugh, or he'll end up killing his friends.
A former member of the Cross-Eyes, who is searching for his killer. He is the man in Kaiman's mouth, having cursed him after the Cross-Eyes' Boss (a.k.a. Kaiman's Split Personality) killed him. Shin and Noi find and restore his head, and he eventually gets his normal human body back.
He wields Curse magic.
- Badass: When he wants to.
- Dem Bones: How he looks as Curse.
- Death Is Cheap: In the beginning of story, he was already dead, being killed by Kai. He was revived by Kikurage.
- Et tu, Aikawa?: He's killed by Kai and wants revenge, even after he already killed (technically) Aikawa.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Hellish Pupils
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He just wants to be a Magic User, and goes to a magic academy to try and develop any latent abilities he might have.
- Knife Nut
- Multicolored Hair
- No Ontological Inertia: Subverted. His Curse power is the only type of magic that remains after the Magic User's death.
- Punny Name: Risu means Squirrel. Fitting considering his behavior. The author even mocks this in one of Nikaido's nightmares.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: He's prone to this.
- Spikes of Doom: Prominent is his character design and his Super-Powered Evil Side
- Superpowered Evil Side: His Curse ability. Complete with dark smoke, a skeletal head, too many eyes, and a tendency to duplicate your attacks and injure you seriously.
- Took a Level in Badass: After transforming into Curse, he is practically invincible with exception to Natsuki's magic.
- Variable-Length Chain: When he's Curse, he uses chains to deliver a world of pain to his enemies.
- Weaksauce Weakness: A Devil's song will weaken or destroy his magic.
A cheerful girl who joined the Cross-Eyes because she saw them as heroes, sticking up for the weak and powerless. However, she is disillusioned with her boss when he attempts to con said weak and powerless. She follows Kaiman, thinking him to be a real Cross-Eye and eventually joins Dokuga's gang. Her magic is defensive, manifesting itself as a large, impenetrable blob around her body.
- Blob Monster: Her magic, sort of. It does leave her impervious to attack.
- Compressed Hair: While wearing her hoody she looks like it's just normal Wild Hair, when she's shrinked, and comes back to her real size, albeit naked, her hair is much longer than expected.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Genki Girl
- Killed Off for Real
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Played for Laughs when, being the kind person she is, she asks the wish-granting Devil to let Dokuga laugh. Cue Dokuga laughing uncontrollably and spraying his poison spit everywhere.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Sempai/Kohai: Considers Kaiman her sempai.
- Took a Level in Badass: After getting her arm cut off and discovering her magic. She even fights off Risu's Curse power, which Dokuga and the others were unable to do.
A member of the Cross Eyes, he's shown most of the times eating
A Devil who knows Nikaido and helps her out on several occasions. A former Magic User named Kawajiri.
- Body Horror: He gets butchered (as in gets his horn cut off and then has his skin and several inches of flesh taken away to be sold) and turned back into a Magic User. A bloody, nearly dead Magic User.
- Childhood Friend: Nikaido's. Though, since she changed the past with her magic, he doesn't know it.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: After the above body-horror he has a chunk of flesh missing near the base of his spine in the shape of an upside-down cross.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin - When Asu serves Nikaido devil-meat it looks a lot like his former head.
- Eye Scream: When he tries to use his clairvoyance to find a way out of Hole Central Department Store after it's been taken over by demon-Kai/Aikawa "something bad" gets in his eyes, blocking his powers and blinding him.
- Fantastic Racism: Used humorously with him and Thirteen.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A sidestory revealed that he both worked at a devil orphanage and drove people to death for his own amusement.
- Panda-ing to the Audience: His facial tattoo is this basically.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Not terribly obvious, but after being turned back into a magic-user he finds he can only wear fine clothes.
- Teleporters and Transporters: His magic.
An apparently high-ranked Devil who knows En. He loves pranks, but will unflinchingly inflict horrible deaths upon people. Poor Asu.
Kasukabe's wife. A former magic user, she fulfilled her dream of becoming a devil sometime before the start of the story.
- Amicably Estranged: Despite not having seen in each other in 25 years, Haru and Kasukabe are still friendly and have feelings for each other.
- Dreadful Musician: Likes to sing. However, because she's a devil, humans and magic users find her singing to be horrendous, while devils love it.
- Loud of War: When her singing is used to get rid of Curse. Also a quirk of being a devil.
- Only Known by Her Nickname: Her real name is Kasukabe, but everyone calls her "Haru".
- Shota Con: Averted. Haru is a bit peeved that her husband is now physically 16 years old.
- Skin Walker: She can act in her human body for limited amounts of time, and seems to actually wear her devil body.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Not that Haze is a bad looking guy, but, good lord, she's gorgeous.
A devil with a dog's face. Became Shin's pet dog on a whim.
Not a devil but something more powerful, he/it sells "a certain kind of meat" butchered devil
at his shop.
A living being in the shape of a small, floating house that the devils use during the Blue Night. It's currently diving down the refuse pit to meet Ai/kawa/Kai.