Ah I see, so you wish to learn about Lauren Landa (born June 9th, 1988)?
Well for starters, she's a Californian voice actress, full name 'Lauren Anne Landa', who is mostly considered new and appearing in not very many media. She mostly accompanies her good friend Cristina Valenzuela
(and in fact, rarely seen in media without her). Her voice varies, although she mostly finds herself as buxom, sometimes seductive ladies with good candidates for being the Ms. Fanservice
of the show she's in, but she is also capable of voicing young boys, or even those considered Hot-Blooded
for a girl.
Although accompanying Valenzuela for quite a bit, she started receiving much attention after confirmed to be the voice Litchi Faye-Ling AKA Boobie Lady
, but her boost was not as big as Valenzuela's. However, it is enough that it becomes a Star-Making Role
, later solidified and compounded when she's picked as the voice of Kyoko Sakura
. Afterwards, she has since started to get more roles and being more active in the industry with roles in Madoka Magica
and the new voice of Kasumi
in the Dead or Alive
She also occasionally works with FUNimation
, a Texas based anime distributor and dubbing studio, since making her debut with them in the English dub of Attack on Titan
Her Houston counterpart is Luci Christian
(even though they both work on titles in Dallas for FUNimation
Notable roles by her:
- Alliterative Name: Lauren Landa.
- Doing It for the Art: One of the reasons why she has been seen in several recent FUNimation dubs recently since Attack on Titan. To continue working on anime dubbing, which is bigger in Texas than it is L.A. (which is larger than New York's voice acting industry, but not as large as Texas's dubbing industry).
- Hilarious Outtakes: Of course she's had her share, like in Madoka...
"Now you have your reason to fight, yeah? And you ain't running away anymore, right? So there's nothing holding you back! So now it's time to get your ass in here and go full steam ahead, you little f**ker!
- One of Us: Is a Sailor Moon fan. In fact, it was the first anime she ever saw.
- Promoted Fangirl: She has been cast in the Viz Media re-dub of Sailor Moon as Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune, one of her favorite characters in the series.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Of course with Cristina Valenzuela, Cassandra Lee, Christine Marie Cabanos, but also occasionally with Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Karen Strassman, and also other males like Kaiji Tang and Matthew Mercer.
- Spiritual Successor: In Los Angeles side of things, she's considered the successor to Kari Wahlgren. In the FUNimation side of things, she's considered to be the successor to Luci Christian (as Luci usually works with Sentai Filmworks more nowadays). In both cities' side of things, she's considered to be the successor to, Laura Bailey (who, like Lauren, is also L.A. based).
- Star-Making Role: Litchi. As stated, she was overshadowed at the time with Cristina Valenzuela as Noel, but over time, everyone recognized her via her Litchi role.
- Throw It In: She's kinda had a hand for this certain event. In BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, when she realized that Litchi was this mature lady who tends to get drunk, when dubbing one of the unused lines, she decided to just act like she's drunk, then just say this line: "Juicy Party Yay~" (even if that's not the official translation). Surprisingly, that phrase, even if officially never uttered by Litchi, becomes synonymous with her thanks to Landa doing so.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: She's capable of tons of voice types and most of her roles would usually sound different. From younger boys, to young, outgoing or cynically aggressive girls, to sexy ladies.