"Sam Riegel's voice gives him super strength!"
Sam Riegel (also known as Sam Regal, or to Spike Spencer
, "The Gay Man with the Fan"
) is a voice actor, writer and director who has worked on both 4Kids Entertainment
dubs and too many California dubs to list, as well as video games, original animation series and on-camera roles. He is often typecast as a Muggle
or one of Those Two Guys
, but when he's not, he'll probably be a hammy
He is one of the hosts of Geek Pad, part of the ComedyComedy channel
. He has been nominated for a 2009 Daytime Emmy for his writing on Imaginary Bitches. He's recently started a podcast, "Allworknoplay
", with fellow voice actor Liam O Brien
Has a Twitter account
You are not going to spell his name right on the first try.
He's the older brother of Eden Riegel
; a live-action actress who in the recent years entered the voice acting business.
Notable roles by Sam Riegel:
Tropes associated with Sam Riegel:
- Large Ham: A lot of characters he voices fit into this, regardless if he's typecast or Playing Against Type.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A large majority of the characters he voices are Ridiculously average characters (Taniguchi and Minoru Shiraishi, Stahl, and Donnel) or badasses with no supernatural abilities (Flynn Scifo, Stahl and Donnel); and if they aren't, they tend to be eccentric and quirky that can get the job done (Mephisto Pheles, Phoenix Wright, Array, and Teddie).
- His typecast is heavily Double Subverted in Yashiro in K, where he is actually an 80 so years old German scientist who got body-swapped into a 17-year-old boy thanks to the main antagonist.
- Playing Against Type: Viral, Starscream, and Mouri Motonari.
- Promoted Fanboy: When he announced he was the voice of Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, he also mentioned on Twitter that he's a big fan of the Ace Attorney games.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Very recently with Matthew Mercer. The two starred opposite each other in K and Tales of Xillia, and both of them are in Fire Emblem Awakening as well.
- Star-Making Role: Donatello.