Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (born October 16, 1966) is an American voice actress, ADR director, writer, and singer best known for her extensive English-language dubbing of various anime, and her collaboration with songwriter Akira Yamaoka and lyricist Joe Romersa singing in multiple games from the Silent Hill series and Shadows of the Damned, as well as Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME (she also provided vocals for some music tracks in the movie adaptation of Silent Hill and the ending theme for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D). She has also had several television and movie roles, and was married to fellow voice actor Daran Norris from 1988-2012. Mary was a counselor at the Interlochen Arts Camp in Intelochen, Michigan. She is currently dating Steve Blum.McGlynn has also been credited as Melissa Williamson, Anna Top, Lucy Todd, Charlotte Bell, Abbie Normal and Sherry Peppars. No, she isn't running from the Mob; a peculiarity of many anime voice actors from her generation is that most have been credited by more names than they've owned cars (although "Melissa" is taken from her twin sister). She has been the English counterpart of Atsuko Tanaka four times (Jagura in Wolf's Rain, Rosso the Crimson in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Nina Williams in Tekken: Blood Vengeance). She was a Guest of Honor at Anime Expo 2007, Long Beach, and won the 2007 American Anime Award for Best Female Voice Actress for her role as Major Motoko Kusanagi in Stand Alone Complex.Has a Twitter account.
Notable roles by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn:
- Ah! My Goddess: Urd (movie only, credited as Melissa Williamson), Hild (credited as Lucy Todd)
- Bastard: Thunder Empress Arshes Nei
- Black Jack: "Doctor" (credited as Melissa Williamson)
- Bleach: Monkey (half of Zabimaru's manifestation)
- Code Geass: Cornelia Li Britannia
- Cowboy Bebop: Julia
- Digimon Adventure 02: Floramon
- Digimon Data Squad: Sarah Damon (Marcus and Kristy's mom)
- Digimon Frontier: Ophanimon, Salamon, Digivice VO
- Digimon Fusion: Pickmon
- Digimon Tamers: Rumiko Makino (Rika's mom), Pajiramon, Digivice VO
- El-Hazard: The Magnificent World: Shayla Shayla, Diva, Princess Rune Venus
- Eureka Seven: Mischa, Maurice
- Fist of the North Star: Yuria, Mamiya
- Fushigi Yuugi: Nuriko (aka: Kourin)
- Geneshaft: Sofia Galgalim
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Kurutsunote
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Major Motoko Kusanagi (also played the Major in the 2nd movie Innocence)
- Karas: Tsuchigumo
- Kekkaishi: Aihi
- Naruto: Kurenai Yuuhi, Orochimaru-as-Grass-Ninja, Katsuyu, Shima
- Nightwalker: Witch/Blind Woman
- Outlaw Star: "Hot Ice" Hilda
- Persona 4: The Animation: Naoto Shirogane (replacing the original VA from the games)
- Planetes: Insurance Saleswoman
- Rurouni Kenshin: Shura (Episodes 25-27)
- Sailor Moon (Viz Media dub): Queen Metalia and Kigaan
- Sailor Moon Crystal: Queen Metalia (credited as Lucy Todd)
- Sakura Wars: The Movie: Kanna Kirishima
- Vandread: Jura Basil Elden
- Wolf's Rain: Lady Jagura
- X/1999: Kanoe
- I Know That Voice: Herself
Live Action TV
- Quantum Leap: Sue Anne Winters (ep - "Memphis Melody - July 3, 1954")
- Star Trek: Voyager: Daelen / Steth (ep - "Vis À Vis")
- Walker, Texas Ranger: Merilee Summers (ep - "Right Man, Wrong Time")
- Xena: Warrior Princess: Pandora
- .hack: Helba, Bordeaux, News Announcer, Toru Uike
- Ace Combat: ADR Director for Ace Combat 5, Zero, and 6.
- Alpha Protocol: SIE
- Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia: Mir
- Baroque: Eliza
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence: Medusa
- Devil May Cry: Nevan, Echidna
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Female Crusader
- Heroes of the Storm: Johanna (the Female Crusader above)
- Digital Devil Saga: Jinana, Angel
- Dirge of Cerberus: Rosso
- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness: Mom, Additional Voices
- Drakengard: Undine
- Eternal Sonata: Captain Dolce
- Final Fantasy XIII: Nora Estheim
- Front Mission 4: Latona Radiona Vasile
- Golden Axe: Beast Rider: Tyris Flare
- God Eater Burst: Tsubaki Amamiya
- Guilty Gear 2 Overture: Announcer
- Hexyz Force: Irene von Rosenbaum
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers: Lady Sif, Valkyrie
- Makai Kingdom: Salome
- Persona 4: Noriko Kashiwagi, Hisano Kuroda
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2: The Overseer / Alex Wesker (credited as Lucy Todd)
- Riviera: The Promised Land: Malice
- Samurai Warriors: Nouhime
- Shadows of the Damned: Lead Vocal on "As Evil As Dead" and "Different Perspective"; duet with Troy Baker on "Take Me To Hell(Broken Dream)".
- Silent Hill 2: Mary Shepherd-Sunderland and Maria (HD Collection only)
- Silent Hill 3: Lead Vocal on "You're Not Here" (the opening theme), "Lost Carol", "I Want Love" and "Letter - From the Lost Days".
- Silent Hill 4: Lead Vocal on "Room of Angel" (the opening theme), "Your Rain"(the ending theme), "Waiting For You" and "Tender Sugar". Also provided lead vocals for "Your Rain (RAGE Mix)" in Dance Dance Revolution.
- Silent Hill: Homecoming: Lead vocal on "One More Soul to the Call" (the opening theme), "Old Friend(Elle Theme)", "This Sacred Line" and "Soldier's Orders(Alex Theme)".
- Silent Hill: Origins: Main Vocals on "O.R.T."(the opening theme), "Blow Back", "Shot Down In Flames" and "Hole In The Sky".
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories: Main Vocals on "When You're Gone" (the opening theme), Michelle's performance of "Always on My Mind", "Acceptance" and "Hell Frozen Rain".
- Soul Nomad & the World Eaters: Lady Layna (Old), Virtuous.
- StarCraft II: Praetor Talis
- Supreme Commander: General Samantha Clarke
- Tekken: Nina Williams
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines: Pisha
- Xenoblade Chronicles X: The "Mature" Female Voice option for the Player Character
- Xenosaga: Doctus
- Critical Role: Zahra Hydrus
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!: Abigail Brand
- Star Wars Rebels: Arihnda Pryce, Marida Sumar
- Steven Universe: Dr. Priyanka Maheswaran
- Cowboy Bebop
- Digimon Frontier
- Digimon Tamers
- Wolf's Rain
- Smile Pretty Cure!/Glitter Force
- Tangled: The Series
- Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero
- Billy Dilley's Super Duper Subterranean Summer
- Dorothy And The Wizard Of Oz (with Kristi Reed)
Tropes for Mary Elizabeth McGlynn:
- Action Girl: Covers many of her more prominent roles.
- The Cameo:
- Shows up in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (as the Briggs doctor) under the alias Lucy Todd.
- Due to her playing Urd in the Ah! My Goddess movie, she shows up in the subsequent TV series as Urd's mother Hild, also under the Lucy Todd alias.
- Has a very brief role in the English dub of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods as a cop, this time under her own name.
- Lady of War: Voiced a few graceful fighters.
- One of Us: McGlynn is a big fan of NASA and space travel.
- Relationship Voice Actor: She played mother Rumiko to Melissa Fahn's Rika in Digimon Tamers and mother Sarah to Melissa's Kristy in Digimon Data Squad.