is a PlayStation Portable
game released in Japan on November 12, 2009; and in the United States on May 25, 2010. It is a collaboration between Sting Entertainment
The game takes place in a world named Berge, which is divided into two sides; the "Lustrous" side, the world of no night, and the "Darkness" side, the world of no day. This game has 2 main protagonists: Cecilia (Light) and Levant (Dark).
The game's uniqueness lies in the scale of creation and destruction where each action the player makes will cause the balance to change and will determine the ending
And as a side note, this game is not a part of the Dept Heaven
Tropes in this game:
- Heroic Bastard: Irene, a female example.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Bahn. And in the True ending, Ralu, Ulu, and Alu.
- Humongous Mecha: Every Phantasma is this. The newer it is, the bigger it gets.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Cecilia.
- Item Crafting: Fusion.
- La Résistance: Argent.
- Leave No Survivors: Axel ordered all of his troops to kill all the residents of the Spirit Forest; his Moral Event Horizon.
- Love Makes You Evil: Natulle's death makes Axel evil, or so everyone thought. Turns out Axel and Natulle are actually Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Limit Break: Force Burst.
- Mad Scientist: Faust.
- Make My Monster Grow: Axel, in the final battle against him.
- Mysterious Waif: Philia, with shades of Cloud Cuckoo Lander.
- Numerical Hard: Hard Mode. Every enemy's status is doubled, including the Final Boss.
- Obviously Evil: How come Levant and Irene never suspect Faust to be evil?
- Odd Couple: Axel and Natulle.
- Older Than They Look: Most of the cast.
- Parental Abandonment: Cecilia. Her mother, Therese, was killed by Azul.
- Pimped-Out Dress: When Levant is knighted, Irene is wearing a very fancy, poofy dress.
- Pretty in Mink: The starting armor for ladies is a fur cape. Although it's not shown (the game averts Virtual Paper Doll), the flavor text calls it "luxurious".
- Punny Name: Bigabu Beaze
- Rage Against the Heavens: Azul, and the main characters in the True ending.
- Redemption Equals Death: Bahn.
- Redheaded Hero: Cecilia has long red hair.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Levant is the wielder of the Crimson Sword and Axel is the wielder of the Azure Spear.
- Regal Ringlets: Irene wears her hair like this. Cecilia ticks her off by saying that the hairstyle is really out of date.
- Reincarnation: Every Hexyz is the successor of the Force Divinities.
- Royal Rapier: Irene's Ragnafact is in the form of a rapier.
- Satan: The God of Destruction Delgaia.
- Saintly Church: The Temple of Palfina.
- Scarf Of Ass Kicking: Levant.
- Schrödinger's Player Character: Averted. No matter which character you choose to play as, the other goes about on their quest normally, even meeting up with you at places. Though you do join forces at the final dungeon, with even Axel joining your party.
- Sequel Hook: The True ending.
- Spanner in the Works: Who knew feeding a dying man in the giant worm's belly would be the first step in derailing Faust's Evil Plan?
- Storming the Castle: Though not "storm" so much as "teleport in."
- Stripperific: Velvet's outfit is is basically pants and some strips for a shirt held together by wide threading.
- Take a Third Option: Our heroes try to pull this in the True ending, though Azul isn't very happy about this.
- The Dragon: Bahn.
- The Man Behind the Man: Faust is behind Virtus, Axel is behind Faust, then it turns out that Faust is actually behind Axel, and Azul is behind EVERYONE! ...Then it turns out Faust is also behind Azul.
- Tragic Monster: Almost everyone on the side of destruction: Bahn, Axel, and Natulle.
- True Final Boss: Force Necrius.
- Token Mini-Moe: Ciel in Levant's party and Luffina in Cecilia's party.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Levant is the very first mutated being Faust ever created. When he was young, Levant and Irene tried to climb Fort Faulken together, but he tripped and fell to the ground, leaving her behind. Faust experimented on his body afterward.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: You can deny the starving man victuals, water a living cactus with Mercury and have it die, leave most of the elves in the burning forest left to die, likewise with the soldiers in Fort Faulken, and kill the God of Creation.
- Visual Initiative Queue
- Wave Motion Gun and Sword: The Divine Mechanism Grendle and the Dark Sword Revalens.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Azul and Axel.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Each Final Boss has the power of Creation and Destruction.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Luffina and Rafael