Character trope page for Tsugumomo manga/anime. A WIP.
Voiced by: Yuko Sanpei (Japanese), Howard Wang (English)
- Amnesiac Hero: His memories of his mother and his role in her disappearance were suppressed, though fusing with Kiriha awakens them.
- Blood Knight: He has inherited his mother's taste for combat.
- Butt-Monkey: Gets regularly beat up by a living Kimono sash.
- Chick Magnet: All of the female characters and several female tsukumogami have a crush on him, to the extent where he is frequently molested.
- Creating Life: As a child, he was so powerful that he could spontaneously create Amasogi. The one time he deliberately tried to do so, he created Azami and everything went downhill from there.
- Dirty Kid: When he was a child his elder sister manipulated him into masturbating her, leading to him naively touching Kiriha and Kukuri in their sleep. He's shocked and disgusted to learn this, though Ouna jokes he inherited his mother's tendencies.
- Oedipus Complex: Hinted at. His dream's self's favored girl in a harem dream is his real, gender flipped self. Which just so happens to look identical to his mother.
Voiced by: Naomi Ozora (Japanese), Sarah Wiedenheft (English)
- Bi the Way: Kiriha frequently molests Kazuya, and was in a lesbian relationship with his mother Kanaka.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Kiriha is brash, arrogant, and rude; prone to lashing out and even taking advantage of her apparent age to pitch tantrums to get what she wants.
- Combat Tentacles: She can project strips of cloth to act as tentacles.
- The Corruptible: Before Kiriha met Kanaka, she was calm and dignified. Afterwards she was lewd and boisterous.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Female: She was molested and raped by Kanaka under the pretence of "skinship" until she began enjoying it.
- Fusion Dance: She can merge with Kazuya into an ascended state, but doing so leaves him temporarily paralyzed.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It really doesn't take much to get on her bad side.
- Immortal Immaturity: As a result of Kanaka's influence, Kiriha is a volatile, lecherous brat who is prone to throwing tantrums if something doesn't go her way.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A good majority of the time she very unpleasant to be around and frequently resorts to violence if something displeases her. However, she genuinely cares about Kazuya, as she reveals during their skinship sessions.
- Groin Attack: Pulled this on Kazuya multiple times by literally grabbing his testicle with her bare hand.
- The Rival: She and Kukuri get along like cats and dogs, but are Vitriolic Best Buds.
- Sadist: Kiriha enjoys torturing and embarrassing Kuzuya, often by grabbing and squeezing or stomping on his crotch. However, she genuinely cares about him and his wellbeing.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Her apparent age correlates to how much power she has and who her owner is. With Kanaka she resembled an adult, while when bonded to Kazuya she initially resembles a teenager but expends so much power fighting Kukuri that she reverts to a childlike form.
- Tsundere: Heavier on the TSUN, she does care for Kazuya, even though she often hits him.
Voiced by: Yurika Kubo (Japanese), Apphia Yu (English)
- Bi the Way: She has a crush on Kazuya and her first thought upon regaining her true form is that she can have an "adult relationship" with him, but was previously in a lesbian relationship with his mother Kanaka.
- Immortal Immaturity: Kukuri may be a centuries-old goddess, but as a result of her past relationship with Kanaka, rivalry with Kiriha, and her enormous crush on Kazuya, she is prone to acting her apparent age — although she is still more mature than Kiriha.
- Making a Splash: As a water goddess, she has several powerful water-based attacks, though she can only use them in her true form.
- Mask of Power: She has a magic mask that lets her assume her true form and use her powers.
- Physical God: She is a powerful water goddess.
- Sleep-Mode Size: As a result of expending the majority of her power, she is trapped in a childlike form until the seal on Kanaka is broken.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Kiriha go way back and were even intimately involved to a degree, but constantly bicker and fight.
- Big Eater: Eats through basically everything.
- Gag Boobs: Her tits are massive.
- Miko: She is Kukuri's attendant and priestess.
- Rapunzel Hair: When she lets her hair down it reaches her butt.
- Statuesque Stunner: She is pretty tall, the stunner part needs no explanation.
- The Stoic: Doesn't emote very much.
- When She Smiles: She looks prettier when she occasionally smiles.
- Yokai: She is a tengu, capable of sprouting wings at will.
Voiced by: Noriko Shibasaki (Japanese), Megan Shipman (English)
Voiced by: Yo Taichi (Japanese), Megan Emerick (English)
- Arranged Marriage: To avoid punishment from her mother, she lies that she and Kazuya are engaged. Her mother calls her bluff and tries to force them into getting married and having sex, though this is interfered with by Sunao's violently overprotective father.
- Consummation Counterfeit: In order to trick her mom into thinking she and Kazyua have had sex, she cuts her hand and smears blood on her bedsheets. Her mother immediately spots the cut and harshly punishes her for lying.
- Cool Mask: She shows up during the Tournament Arc wearing a kitsune mask to hide her identity, and doesn't even take it off when in the bath.
- Heel Realization: After she loses her duel to Kazuya and gets a very stern talking to from her mother. She realizes her actions were in the wrong and that she needs to treat her partner tsugumomo, Kotetsu, better and actually work with him rather then seeing him as a tool. Especially since her loss ended up with the hilt on his sword form broken.
- Honor Before Reason: A major flaw of hers when we first meet her, she's very prideful and puts alot of stock in her abilities that she feel she doesn't need to listen to Kotetsu's advice. This bites her in the duel with Kazuya as Kotetsu tries to warn her to pull back since she's putting too much power during her rapid-fire sword swings against Kazuya's Ascension form. She refused on the account of not wanting to stain her reputation. As such Kotetsu's sword form reaches its limit and the hilt breaks from her exertion, leaving her defenseless and allowing Kazuya to land the winning blow.
- Hot-Blooded: Her introduction to Kazuya had her punch him right out of the blue and instigate a fight for no apparent reason because she felt he wasn't worthy of being an exorcist after seeing him in action (this was around the time he was getting used to his spiritual powers). And a flashback later showed her rushing headlong into finding a youkai who killed her brother without any training whatsoever. If Kanaka hadn't found it first, it's likely she would've been killed. The manga later implies she got it from her mother.
- Insane Troll Logic: Her brother was killed by a powerful youkai and she went to try and combat it only for Kananka to kill it. So she figured to challenge Kanaka since she had robbed Sunao of her revenge. She got beaten swiftly but Kanaka made a promise with her to fight her when she was more properly trained. Years later, after becoming a full exorcist, she went to seek Kanaka to fulfill that promise only to find out she had died and her see her son in his place. So naturally she challenges him.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: She frequently winds up the victim of her father's attempts to prevent Kazuya from taking her virginity.
- Tsundere: Despite her brash attitude and vehement protests that she's not interested in Kazuya, she starts developing feelings for him.
Voiced by: Rumi Ookubo (Japanese), Orion Pitts (English)
- Adorably Precocious Child: Looks like this due to his youthful appearance and retiring nature, but is Really 700 Years Old.
- Fusion Dance: By the time of their re-appearance he and Sunao have managed to achieve Ascension Mode/Divine Possession
- Katanas Are Just Better: Probably one of the more justified examples in the sense that he's one of a relatively few tsukogami born from an actual weapon.
- Comedic Lolicon: She is one. Kukuri doesn't like getting loans from her because of this combined with Kukuri's Sleep-Mode Size
- Eyes Always Shut: Although she opens them on occasion.
- Extra Oredinary: She has the power to control metals, especially money.
- Physical God: She's a money goddess.
Voiced by: Sachi Kokuryu (Japanese), Kyle Igneczi (English)
- Butt-Monkey: Has managed to create not one but two amasogi and on both occasions wound up suffering the backlash from its destruction.
- Casanova Wannabe: Has confessed to over a hundred girls, and has been rejected every time.
Voiced by: Shiho Sasaki (Japanese), Stephen Fu (English)
- Beware the Nice Ones: While he has no powers on his own, when he gets his hands on an amasogi or something similar that lets him use its powers, he's damn dangerous.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Tends to bring out the big guns very quickly.
- BrotherSister Incest: She is attracted to her younger brother Kazuya.
- Dirty Kid: When she was a young teen, she would bathe with Kazuya and use washing him as an excuse to masturbate him and trick him into masturbating her.
- In the Blood: She's a powerful exorcist like her mother, but not nearly as powerful as her little brother.
- Action Mom: She was by far the most powerful exorcist in Japan.
- Bi the Way: She enjoyed molesting and forcing Kiriha and Kukuri to have sex with her, but to their dismay she ultimately married a man.
- Blood Knight: She was initially emotionless until she discovered the thrill of combating a strong opponent.
- Dirty Kid: Even as a child, she enjoyed forcing herself on Kiriha under the pretence of "skinship".
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Female: She molested and forced herself onto both Kiriha and Kukuri under the pretence of "skinship".
- Sealed Evil in a Can: After she was corrupted by Azami, she was sealed away by Kukuri.