Sapa, or Black Force, refers to the so-called "evil" martial art guilds that oppose Jongpa. Again, their level of evilness vary between guilds. Sapa considered Black Wind Order and Cheon Ma Sin Gun as their leader.
Black Wind Order is organized into 7 divisions, each division is dedicated to a disciple of Cheon Ma Sin Gun. The 4th division is under direct control of Cheon Ma Sin Gun and acts as judges and regulators of Black Wind Order.
Tropes associated with Black Wind Order
- Badass Army: Their foot soldiers can mope the floor with most Jongpa underlings.
- Badass Longcoat
- The Dreaded: The mere mention of their name could send most Jongpa members running.
- Great Offscreen War: The clashes against Samda Guild and Song Mu Guild are only shown in flashbacks.
- Grey and Gray Morality
- Nebulous Evil Organisation
- Take Over the World: Their ultimate goal.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Cheon Ma Sin Gun and their respective masters.
Cheon Ma Sin Gun/Thiên Mã Tướng Quân
He created Cheon Ma Singong, an extremely powerful martial art and taught it to his disciples. The martial art grants the user immensely strong Ki, ability to manipulate Ki in various forms (energy beam, Ki barrier,..,), Mind over Matter and at the highest level power to incinerate their opponents.
Tropes associated with Cheon Ma Sin Gun
- A Father to His Men
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The supreme leader of Black Wind Order and their most powerful fighter.
- The Dreaded
- Ki Manipulation: His specialty.
- Informed Ability: His incredible power is mentioned many times but never actually shown, the one time he demonstrated his power his opponent is too weak to give him a challenge. We do know that he fought Sword Emperor once and lost.
- Orcus on His Throne: He didn't do much this day.
- Playing with Fire: His Ki attack is hot enough to burn people to ashes
- The Purge: He is currently enacting one within Sapa, destroying guilds that secretly joined Sinji to weaken their influence on Murim.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He didn't force Han Bi Kwang to follow his command and let him grow in his own way. He also helped Dam Hwa Rin, the niece of his enemy, in her training.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: He is willing to put his disciples in dangerous situation to toughen them up.
- Worthy Opponent: He considers Sword Emperor this.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saved Han Bi Kwang when he was cornered by Song Mu Guild.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has one running across his face, caused by Elder Kwon.
- Ho Yay: with his best friend Hyun Woo.
- When Hyun Woo left Black Wind, they tearfully said farewell to each other under the moon.
- When he was defeated by Elder Kwon, he angrily said that he only lost because Hyun Woo wasn't with him.
- Master Swordsman
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Had to worked with Song Mu Guild and Jang Baek Mountain to rescue Han Bi Kwang.
- Undying Loyalty: The common trait of all Black Wind commander.
Nam Gung Hyeon Bae
- Sweat Drop: Usually at his young master's "unmanly" actions.
- The Smart Guy
- Undying Loyalty: The common trait of all Black Wind commander.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has many small scars surrounded both of his eyes.
- Monochromatic Eyes
- Not So Stoic: When Jin Pung Baek showed signs of pain and exhaustion due to Nine Shadow Arteries, he forbade Black Wind to intervene, saying that this fight is Jin Pung Baek's responsibility and honour, while visibly shaking and trembling.
- The Stoic: He has one facial expression and it's "dead serious".
- Taking the Bullet: He jumped in and took Yu Won-chan's attack for Jin Pung Baek.
- Undying Loyalty
- You Are Not Alone: Said this to Jin Pung Baek just before collapsing.
- Red Baron: His epithet "Twin Swords of Madness".
- Red Baron: His epithet "Heartless Blade".
- Baek Gang
- Do Won-Cheon
- Jin Pung Baek
- Cho Un-hyun
- Choi Sang-hwe
- Han Bi Kwang
Baek Gang/Bách Khương/The Masked Man.
After the previous Hwanjon died, he is selected as the next Hwanjon, the leader of Hwanjong.
Tropes associated with Baek Gang
- Aloof Big Brother
- Badass Beard: See picture
- Barehanded Blade Block
- Barrier Warrior: He can create Ki barriers powerful enough to block Han Bi Kwang and Fung Yeon's attacks.
- Big Damn Heroes: Save Han Bi Kwang and Co. from Jaha Masin.
- Death from Above: He can control boulders and make them fall on his enemies like meteors.
- Ki Manipulation: An expert at this, possibly the best of the series.
- Large and in Charge
- Lightning Bruiser
- Mind over Matter: Can control and manipulate objects like stones.
- Power Floats: He can walk on air using Ki.
- Run or Die: After snatching Kwang away from Jaha Masin, he immediately run away from the palace as fast as possible, knowing that there;s no hope beating such a monster.
- Stealth Mentor: to Han Bi Kwang. He took Yu Se Ha and Ma Ryong Sword and gave Kwang ten days to train, if he managed to beat him then he will give them back. He wanted to make sure Kwang has enough power to survive the elites of Sinji.
Do Won-Cheon/Đào Nguyệt Thiên
He has collaborated with Sinji for unknown reasons.
Tropes associated with Do Won-Cheon
- Cain and Abel: Plotting the demise of Han Bi Kwang and Jin Pung Baek.
- Faux Affably Evil:
- He is polite even when snapping your necks.
- A subordinate asked him what his plan for Han Bi Kwang is. He casually answered that he could tell him but the minion had to commit suicide immediately after to keep the plan a secret. He quickly apologized and backed away.
- Neck Snap: Can do this telekinetically.
- Nerves of Steel: When Jin Pung Baek threatened to kill him to take his position, he simply laughed it off. He is the only character shown negotiating with Sinji's representative on equal ground, considered their reputation.
- Xanatos Gambit: Pulled one in the Song Mu Guild arc
- He planted a mole in Song Mu Guild and instructed him to tell Song Mu Guild that a Sapa guild is keeping the Demon Face Armor, resulting in Song Mu Guild attacking the Sapa guild and taking the armor. The mole also caused mistrust and unrest in Song Mu Guild and especially between Yu Won-chan and his brother Yu Seung Bin, weakening Song Mu Guild against Black Wind's impending attack.
- He used this as evidence for Jongpa's aggression against Sapa and advised Cheon Ma Sin Gun to destroy Song Mu Guild in retaliation. Cheon Ma Sin Gun agreed and sent Jin Pung Baek to attack Song Mu Guild, which is also in Do Won-Cheon's calculation.
- His plan is for Jin Pung Baek and Song Mu Guild to duke it out. If Jin Pung Baek wins, he would get rid of a powerful Jongpa guild and potentially start a new Jongpa-Sapa Guild. If Jin loses, he get rid of a rival to his position. The best outcome is that Jin dies and Song Mu Guild severely weakened so he could swoop in and take the credit. Too bad Han Bi Kwang intervened and ruined his plan.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Killed his underlings because they might blow his dealings with Sinji.
Jin Pung Baek/Dân Bách Phong
He made his debut in Song Mu Guild arc, acting under Cheon Ma Sin Gun's command to destroy Song Mu Guild. Later, he appeared in Sinji arc to assist his brother Han Bi Kwang.
Tropes associated with Jin Pung Baek
- Achilles' Heel: His endurance. Due to his condition, he can't fight for too long or the Nine Shadow Arteries will cause him immense pain.
- Aloof Big Brother
- Anime Hair: See picture.
- Arrogant Kungfu Guy: In spade.
- Blood from the Mouth
- Blood Knight: He purposely seeks strong opponents to fight to have some entertainment since life is so boring to him.
- The Cavalry: He arrived in Sinji to help Black Wind-Jongpa combined forces when they are getting their asses kicked.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: His fights tend to end like this, which makes sense since he can't let a fight continue for too long.
- Death Seeker: Since he lost his childhood friend and discovered his condition, he has become this. His wish is to die gloriously in battle and end his boring life.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Often seen drinking to numb his pain.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: He genuinely didn't understand why Yu Won-chan and Dam Hwa Rin risked their lives to protect Han Bi Kwang and bluntly told Rin that people only care about themselves until they die.
- Face Death with Dignity: Almost happened several times.
- Flying Weapon: His Blood Rain Marbles, he could levitate them and attack from any angles.
- Foe Yay Shipping: The fandom really likes to pair him with Me Yujin.
- Ineffectual Loner: He believed that people are always alone, since the only person he cared about died.
- Improbable Weapon User: He carries a large number of marbles called Blood Rain Marble, which he can control and use like bullets.
- Kick the Dog: When the fight between Han Bi Kwang and Yu Won-chan ended in draw, he refused the deal and ordered Black Wind force to attack. When Kwang protested, he beat the shit out of him. Then, he attacked Kwang's unconscious body to spite Dam Hwa Rin and Yu Won-chan.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: He casually slapped and berated Cho Un-hyun for insubordination.
- Kill Me Now, or Forever Stay Your Hand: When Me Yujin found out he killed her family, he offered her a chance to kill him in his weakened state before he recovered, or she would never have that chance again. She refused.
- One-Man Army; He can wipe out whole guild by himself. Cheon Ma Sin Gun was so confident in his ability that he sent him alone into Sinji to help Han Bi Kwang.
- Revenge: He wants to destroy Jongpa for killing his girlfriend.
- Shockwave Stomp: Steps of Heavenly Demon Emperor.
- Start of Darkness: At first, he followed Cheon Ma Sin Gun just to become strong to protect his childhood friend/love interest Hye Hwa. Then Jongpa force attacked his home village and killed his girlfriend. He managed to find Hye Hwa, but her injuries were too severe and she died in his arms. Before dying, she told him that she loved him ever since they were kids. This led to the big change in his personality where he seeks out revenge against Jongpa and becomes a ruthless killing machine.
- The Dreaded
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: He used to be a farmer boy until Cheon Ma Sin Gun found him.
Cho Un-hyun/Siêu Văn Hiến
Tropes associated with Cho Un-hyun
- Big Bad Wannabe
- Cain and Abel: Plotting to have Kwang murdered to start Jongpa-Sapa war.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Didn't Think This Through: He left his victims to bleed to death in the wood after telling them his whole plan without checking if they are actually dead. Naturally, they survived and blew his plan.
- Dirty Coward
- Evil Plan: He pretended to support Han Bi kwang in his fight against Chun Oon-ak, made sure that Kwang couldn't run away and on the fight day poisoned him so he would die fighting Chun Oon-ak. Then he will accuse Choon Oon-ak of foul play and ordered Sapa forces to attack, starting a new war.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: He incapacipated Shi-Hyui and was about to rape her if not for Be-Hyun's intervention.
- In the Back: When Be-Hyun appeared to save Shi-Hyui, he pretended to let them go only to strike Be-Hyun in the back when he turned away.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: When Jin Pung Baek humiliated him and dared him to fight back, he backed off, knowing that he had no chance to win against his brother.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has a scar on the left side of his lips.
- Pretext for War: He tried to set up Han BI Kwang and Chun Oon-ak's fight as this to start a new war.
- Smug Snake
Choi Sang-hwe/Thôi Thường Hy
He has a crush on So-Hyang.
Tropes associated with Choi Sang-hwe
- Accidental Pervert: with So-hyang. She often reacts violently.
- Bathtub Scene: He was taking a bath when Dam Hwa Rin bursted in looking for Han Bi Kwang. Naturally, she mistook him for a girl.
- Berserk Button: Harming So-Hyang.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite his feminine appearance and gentle personality, he's still a disciple of Cheon Ma Sin Gun.
- Character Tics: Whenever he gets scolded or mistaken for a girl, he would cry and start sewing.
- Determinator: He got beaten to a pulp by Hwang Keon Woo but still kept going.
- Extreme Doormat: Only towards So-Hyang. She beat him up and ridiculed him regularly but he's still gentle to her.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: He always maintains that he is not a woman despite dressing like one and acting like one.
- Hope Bringer: He destroyed the zombie armies and restored morale to Sapa forces trapped in Ho Hyub Gok.
- Improbable Weapon User: He can use his scarf like a whip.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: with So-Hyang.
- Mind over Matter
- Nice Guy
- Not What It Looks Like: He frantically explained to his bodyguards that he didn't do anything to So-hyang, he just wanted to put a blanket over her. They didn't even know what happened.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: The smallest and youngest of Cheon Ma Sin Gun's disciples and he still kicks a lot of asses.
- Stronger Than They Look
- Textile Work Is Feminine: He is a skilled seamstress.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He's noted to be very attractive in his female attire.
Yeob Min Cheon/Diệp Mẫn Thiên
Yeob Min Cheon dreamed to become the leader of a third force of Murim, opposing both Sapa and Jongpa. To accomplish this, he infiltrated Ho Hyub Gok and imprisioned the master Gwak Jin Hyeon. Posing as Gwak Jin Hyeon, he invited many martial artists to Ho Hyub Gok as the first step of his master plan. He was killed by Han Bi Kwang after Kwang awakened the Flame Dragon Blade for the first time.
Tropes associated with Yeob Min Cheon
- Ambition Is Evil: He wants to destroy both Jongpa and Sapa and establishes a third force. The method he did to accomplish this goal is, of course, quite bloody.
- Asskicking Equals Authority
- Body Horror
- Break the Haughty: His plan slowly fell apart before his eyes and ended with him went insane and got burnt to ashes.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique:
- Jaha Singong. Its principle is the polar opposite of all orthodox martial arts and will cause the user's Ki to overflow and explode.
- Burning Soul technique, which increases his power exponentially but makes blood rushing to his brain and detroying his mind.
- Didn't Think This Through:
- He planned to use Jaha Singong manual as bait to lure martial artists to Ho Hyub Gok to turn them into zombies. He didn't foresee that Cheon Ma Sin Gun would be interested in the manual and send his disciple to collect it.
- He hired Byuk-ryuk to make 500 Thunder Bombs for him. 300 of those things can destroy a town. As mad as he is, Byuk-ryuk is not stupid enough to make such a large amount of explosives for some really suspicious lot. As a result, his planned explosion didn't went off as expected.
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: He promoted Juryeo to Left Guardian of Hwan Young Guild, a prestigious position for her skills and achievement despite her status.
- Evil Doppelgänger: of Gwak Jin Hyeon. He can perfectly imitate Hyeon's appearance with his Illusion technique.
- Evil Makes You Ugly: His clan's curse is said to be divine punishment for their crimes.
- Evil Plan: He infiltrated Ho Hyub Gok and captured Gwak Jin Hyeon, impersonating him. He then invited many martial artists to Ho Hyub Gok and turned them into zombies, using Jaha Singong as baits. He also hired Byuk-ryuk to make Thunder Bombs for him. He planned to create the third force of Murim that opposes both Sapa and Jongpa, using zombies and Thunder Bombs as tools of conquest. He gave the martial artists gathering at Ho Hyub Gok a chance to join him or be killed and turned into zombies.
- Fiery Coverup: He planned to blow up Ho Hyub Gok with Thunder Bombs to erase evidence of his crimes.
- Ki Manipulation
- Idiot Ball:
- He set up plenty of traps around Ho Hyub Gok to defend against intruders that somehow connected to the tunnel where he hid the zombies. Han Bi Kwang tried to run away, fell into the traps to the tunnel and discovered his plan.
- Keeping his most important prisoner in the same tunnel. Han Bi Kwang found him as well.
- Mistreating Byuk-ryuk while knowing that the old man is easily pissed off and very dangerous. Byuk-ryuk escaped and foiled his plan at the most inconvenient moment.
- I Gave My Word: He released Juryeo's family after she brought the Flaming Dragon Blade to him.
- Hypocrite: He claimed to love Juryeo while holding her family hostage in exchange for her service and treating her like crap.
- Join or Die: He offered the martial arts gathering at Ho Hyub Gok a chance to join him or be killed and turned into zombies.
- Love Hurts: He had feeling for Juryeo but couldn't reveal it due to her status as a slave and his duty as Hwan Young Guild's master. This grew into conflicts since she fell in love with Gwak Jin Hyeon and helped Dam Hwa Rin to rescue him. When Juryeo fought Han Bi Kwang for the Flaming Dragon Blade, he gave her a chance to return to his side, but she chose to burn to death by the Flaming Dragon Blade so she could atone for her crime against her lover and be free. Yeob Min Cheong was forced to kill her to end her suffering and began his descent to madness.
- Love Makes You Dumb: He knew Juryeo loved Gwak Jin Hyeon and had evidence that she aided Han Bi Kwang and Co. but still kept her by his side.
- Lured into a Trap: He used Jaha Singong manual as bait to lure many martial artists into the tunnel, promising to teach them the techniques. The manual turned out to be the Curse of Bun Hen that turned them into mindless Zombies. His underlings then used illusion technique to imitate the dead martial artists to keep up the facade.
- Madness Mantra: After going mad in his fight against Han Bi Kwang, he started shouting "My Juryeo!" a lot.
- Never My Fault: He and his clan hated the Murim for shunning them, while it's their fault for stealing sensitive information and blackmailed many guilds that made them being hunted and feared in the first place.
- Night of the Living Mooks: He wanted to create an army of zombies to conquer the Murim.
- Pride: His Fatal Flaw. He easily fell for Han Bi Kwang's obvious bluffing and decided to fight and was confident that Jaha Singong's superiority will give him victory. Had him decide to flee, he could have survived for another round.
- Super-Power Meltdown: When he overused Jaha Singong, his Ki went out of control and blew up his arms.
Yeob Min Cheon held Juryeo's family hostage to ensure her obedience. She died of injuries fighting Han Bi Kwang.
Tropes associated with Juryeo
- All of the Other Reindeer: She is a member of a greatly persecuted clan, in fact the only guild that let her join is Hwan Young Guild.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Blood from the Mouth: After taking Kwang's Raging Dragon Descending From Heaven.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The first half of her battle against Han Bi Kwang.
- Dark Action Girl
- Elective Mute: She only talks when it's absolutely necessary.
- Fragile Speedster: Got taken down by one hit from Han Bi Kwang.
- Hostage for MacGuffin: She captured Dam Hwa Rin and forced Han Bi Kwang to give up the Flaming Dragon Blade in exchange for her.
- Invisibility: A technique she learned from Hwan Young Guild
- Love at First Sight: with Gwak Jin Hyeon.
- Love Hurts: She fell in love with Gwak Jin Hyeon while acting as The Mole for Hwan Young Guild. She finally killed herself so she can be together with Gwak Jin Hyeon.
- Game Face: When she opens her eyes to use her power.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: with Gwak Jin Hyeon. They both have feelings for each other but she couldn't betray Hwan Young Guild because of her family. She ended up dying in his arms.
- Spanner in the Works: She asked Dam Hwa Rin to save Gwak Jin Hyeon and showed her the secret tunnel. Rin managed to save Han Bi Kwang, Noho and Gwak Jin Hyeon thanks to her information.
- Super Speed: After unleashing her power, she easily blitzed Han Bi Kwang.
- The Mole: Her role in Ho Hyub Gok. She persuaded Gwak Jin Hyeon to tell her about Jaha Singong then passed the information to Yeob Min Cheon
- The Stoic: Her usual demeanor.
- Woman On Fire: She got burnt to cinder by Flaming Dragon Blade.
Gwak Jin Hyeon/Hoắc Kim
Tropes associated with Gwark Jin Hyeon
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Jaha Singong. Its principle is the polar opposite of all orthodox martial arts and will cause the user's Ki to overflow and explode.
- Distressed Dude: Spent most of his time being tied up.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: with Juryeo.
- Super-Power Meltdown: When he overused Jaha Singong, his Ki went out of control and blew up his arms.
- Unstoppable Rage: After the death of Juryeo.
Uho Beob/Vô Ảnh
Tropes associated with
- Combat Tentacles: He can transform his clothing into these.
- Doppelgänger Spin
- The Dragon: Hwan Young Guild's second in command.
- Evil Wears Black
- Fantastic Racism: He vehemently opposed Juryeo's promotion to Left Guardian, reasoning that such a dangerous and filthy creature couldn't hold high positions in Hwan Young Guild.
- Invisibility: His specialty. He can appear out of thin air and disappear.
- Master of Disguise: He can appear as anyone by using illusion technique.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "No Shadow".
- Mind Manipulation: He can plant mental suggestions in the minds of his opponents either to kill them at his leisure or make them behave the way he wants.
Hyun Woo/Hắc Ưu
Tropes associated with Hyun Woo
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: His main weapons.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: His epithet "One-Eyed Golden Cobra".
- Bash Brothers: with Hong-Kyun.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Eye Scream: Twice. The first time he gouged his left eye out as punishment for leaving Black Wind. The second time Yo Won-chan slashed his remaining eye.
- The Fettered: Even after leaving Black Wind he still carried out Cheon Ma Sin Gun's last order: to bring him the Ma Ryong's Sword.
- Ho Yay: with his friend Hong-Kyun.
- Professional Killer
- Psycho for Hire
- Redemption Equals Death: He was mortally injured when protecting Han Bi Kwang from Song Mu Guild. Moved by his loyalty and devotion, Cheon Ma Sin Gun accepted him back to Black Wind just before he passed away.
- Tragic Villain: He abandoned his comrades and ideals for love and regretted it for the rest of his life, turning to alcohol and crime to forget his past. Even so he still hoped that one day Cheon Ma Sin Gun would forgive him and take him back to Black Wind.
- Undying Loyalty: To Cheon Ma Sin Gun and Black Wind.
Shi Yeon/Si Liên
Tropes associated with Shi Yeon
- Animal Motifs: The snake. She even has messy hair resembling Medusa and several snakes crawlind around her at any moment.
- The Beastmaster: She can control snake to attack her enemies.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Dark Action Girl
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: She died in Hyun Woo's arms after berating him for not understand her love.
- Fan Disservice: She ripped off her clothes and revealed three large scars running across her body as a result of Hyun Woo's attack.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She saved Hyun Woo by shielding him from Thunder Bombs, dying in the process.
- Ms. Fanservice: See picture.
- Oblivious to Love: Subverted. She's well aware that Be-Hyun has feeling for her but allows him to work for her as long as he doesn't do anything that may cross the line.
- Triang Relations: Be-Hyun is in love with her while her sister Shi-Hyui is in love with Be-Hyun.
- Woman Scorned: She didn't take it well when Hyun Woo might leave her. So she framed him for treason and ordered his execution.
- Yandere: She loved Hyun Woo so much, when she realized he still wanted to return to Black Wind, her solution is to murder him so he would remain by her side forever.
Tropes associated with Be-Hyun
- All Love Is Unrequited: Towards Shi Yeon.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saved Shi-Hyui when she was about to get raped by Cho Un-hyun.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has a X-shaped scar on his face.
- Left for Dead: He was gravely injured by Cho Un-hyun and left to die in the forest with Shi-Hyui.
- In the Back: He got stabbed in the back by Cho Un-Hyun and nearly died.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He knew Shi Yeon only has eye for Hyun Woo and remained supportive of her.
- Love Hurts: He had to watch his love interest dying in his rival's arms.
- Triang Relations: Be-Hyun is in love with Shi Yeon while her sister Shi-Hyui is in love with him.
- Undying Loyalty: to Shi Yeon and later to Shi-Hyui.
- Whip It Good: His main weapon.
Tropes associated with Shi-Hyui
- Attempted Rape: She is injured and nearly raped by Cho Un-Hyun when he caught her eavesdropping on him.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: with her sister Shi-Yeon, mostly because of Be-Hyun.
- Last Girl Wins: She ends up with Be-Hyun after he realized her feeling.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Triang Relations: She is in love with Be-Hyun while he is in love with her sister Shi-Yeon.
- She Is All Grown Up: Be-Hyun is stunned by her appearance when she returns to Yu Sun Guild after a long time.
- Stalker with a Crush: Chun Oon-ak was trying to get her hand in marriage, in his usual sensitive and romantic way.