A Character sheet for Song of Memories
EVERY MAIN CHARACTER IS A WALKING SPOILER! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Voiced by: Sho NogamiThe protagonist of the story with most of the events playing out through his point of view and whose choices dictate how the story plays out. He is a second-year student at Ouka Academy and strives to balance his social life with being a surrogate father to his younger sister and taking care of Kanon after she moves in.
- Audience Surrogate: Meant to represent the player directly.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The primary reason the heroines fall for him.
- Big Brother Instinct: He'll stand up for Fuuka just as much as he'll tease her himself.
- But Thou Must!: He Lampshades this during the event where Fuuka walks in on him in the bath as neither option ends well for him.
- Chick Magnet: By the outbreak of the pandemic, he's got six women attracted to him to various degrees.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Despite his tendency to tease them, he does treat the girls kindly in the open. He does, however, have to wrestle with sexual fantasies about them from time to time, especially during awkward situations.
- Deadpan Snarker: His usual type of response when things are normal and he wants to push somebody's buttons. If he knows things are serious, he'll turn this off.
- Despair Event Horizon: In several bad endings when he outright gives up and lets himself be killed.
- Determinator: He will protect his family and his chosen heroine in each one's particular route, whether it means going out to find food among hostile humans and Neomen or fighting against an army of monsters.
- Did Not Think This Through: A lot of his actions, especially when stressed, are driven by instinct and emotion and often come back to bite him.
- In Akira's route, he chases Yuno into the Neoman-filled mall without stopping to think that Yuno would no longer have the Dream App on her. While Akira is able to bail him out and retrieve the Dream App, it's also why Makoto went in after him and got killed as a result.
- This is what causes him to attack Fuuka when she's about to attack Yuno without realizing it's her in Yuno's route.
- Faceless Protagonist: To better represent the player. Notably, this game does not try to hide his face, instead leaving a blank one with just a mouth when it's shown.
- Friend or Idol Decision: A lot of endings are based upon this kind of choice. In a cruel twist on this, choosing to save rather than kill Kanon in her route leads to a Bad Ending.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: In a rare instance where this works in favor of the player, his victory or defeat in several key battles does not affect the Normal/True ending on a few routes.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: His name can be changed in the Options screen, but the voice acting will always refer to his default name of Minato.
- The Hero: He is the only one who can fight the Neomen by using the Dream App. Even his name is shown as "Hero" in battle.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffers from one in Makoto's ending where, even though the pandemic did not break out, Kanon is hospitalized overseas again. Most of the Normal Endings involve him falling into one after having to kill the one he fell in love with.
- Heroic RRoD: The PTSD he suffers from having to kill all of Yuno, Fuuka, and Kanon in Satsuki's True End cause him to fall into a catatonic state for weeks until Satsuki is able to break him out of it.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: He does this against every one of the transformed heroines when he has to face off against them, with varying degrees of success based on the route/ending path.
- It's All My Fault: He often tries to take the blame for incidents he's not directly responsible for to help alleviate the guilt the girls are feeling, most notably when Satsuki's trap against Makoto causes Yuno to accidentally be injured and revealed as infected. He even feels guilty for not befriending Natsume before he did, despite not even knowing she existed.
- Lethal Chef: He's okay at making simple dishes but, according to Fuuka, anything remotely complex turns out terrible.
- Love Triangle: Both Kanon and Yuno have been in love with him since they were kids.
- My God, What Have I Done?: He has this reaction on every route upon learning that Neomen were once human and he's been killing what were once real people the whole time. How long it takes him to snap out of it depends on the route, but he'll usually do so upon realizing it's "kill or be killed."
- Not a Morning Person: He can take a long time to wake up. Played for Laughs in Satsuki's route where he stumbles in on her in the bath due to still being groggy and forgetting she was in there even after a short nap.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Male example, in typical harem VN fashion, mostly to hide his face in CG images.
- Reality Ensues:
- In many routes, being forced to kill his friends and often lover do not do good things to his psyche.
- The post-game event for Yuno's True End reveals that he's dealing with severe muscle cramps after having to do a lot of running and fighting while not being in the right kind of shape for it.
- Second Year Protagonist: Kanon, Yuno, and Makoto are in the same class. Satsuki is his senpai. Natsume is his kouhai.
- Survival Mantra: Constantly reminding himself that he's doing what he has to do for Kanon, Fuuka, and anyone else at his house at the time during the pandemic.
- Two-Timer Date: The "His Longest Day" post-game bonus event has him trying to date all six of the heroines on the same day. Though setting it up was D4U's fault, not his.
- We Cannot Go On Without You: As D4U is made of holograms, he is the only one who can actually be attacked in battle. If he falls, it's game over.
- What an Idiot!: He does this to himself In-Universe in nearly every route, chiding himself for failing to notice (in hindsight) signs that each of the heroines had something wrong with her and needed his help.
- Your Head Asplode: How he dies if Fuuka kills him in Kanon's route.
Voiced by: Kaede HondoThe main heroine. She grew up together with all of Minato, Fuuka, and Yuno but has spent the past two years being treated for a mysterious illness overseas. Shortly after returning to Japan and spending more time in a hospital there, she's deemed well enough to return to school and move in with the Kamishiros.
- The Atoner: Becomes a doctor in her True Ending to help make up for the lives lost because of her spreading the X-Virus.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When she gives Yuno a What the Hell, Hero? speech for not being honest with herself and her feelings for Minato in Yuno's route, Yuno notes that Kanon had never yelled at her like that before.
- Big Bad: She doesn't know it, but she is the Queen Bee to the Hive Mind of those affected by the virus. Her mutated self is the final boss in several routes. Once she's killed, the X-Virus goes with her and those who are infected but not mutated recover.
- Break the Cutie: She goes through this in every route courtesy of her role in the pandemic. It's especially bad in her own after feeling that even Minato has turned on her.
- Cool Big Sis: To Fuuka.
- Dead All Along: She states in Yuno's route that she died a long time ago, but the X-Virus kept her body alive. Not entirely the case.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: She dies in Minato's arms nearly every time in another heroine's route.
- Disappears into Light: Every time she dies and takes the X-Virus with her.
- Driven to Suicide: Attempts it in her route, but that's also when she learns she has a Healing Factor and I Cannot Self-Terminate.
- First Love: Her route reveals that she was Minato's.
- Go Out with a Smile: She's able to pass on peacefully after realizing she won't be harming anyone anymore.
- Gone Horribly Right: The experimental drug her mother injected into her that would cure her illness and "make her stronger."
- Heroic BSoD: Even after her True Ending, when Minato tells her the truth behind her being Patient-0 for the X-Virus and that her parents were responsible for its creation, she's traumatized and takes a long time to recover.
- I See Dead People: In Natsume's route, when Kanon begins to be able to see Natsume, the latter quickly realizes that Kanon can see her because she herself is beginning to die.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She is willing to give up on pursuing Minato when she learns he's in love with someone else, especially Yuno.
- Ill Girl: Her defining trait. Everyone constantly looks after her when she's not feeling well and makes sure not to push her too hard when she's in good health.
- Killed Off for Real: In pretty much any route that isn't hers.
- Lethal Chef: Subverted. Minato and Fuuka worry that her first attempt at cooking for the family won't turn out well, especially when they have to warn her about numerous beginner pitfalls, but the results end up quite good despite not being perfect.
- The Load: She does not want to become one and works to subvert it as much as possible.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She is very kind and gentle, but also refuses to let people just wait on her hand and foot because of her illness and tries to help out as much as she can.
- Sweet Tooth: She very rarely got to eat desserts in the hospital and tries to eat as many as possible when given the chance.
- Tomato in the Mirror: She is Patient-0 for the X-Virus.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly-girl to Yuno's tomboy.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She is the one spreading the X-Virus and those who are infected are eventually drawn to her, especially after she transforms.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: In her route.
Voiced by: Mai FuchigamiMinato's younger sister and good friends with both Kanon and Yuno. She's too young to attend Ouka Academy with the rest of the cast and pines for the day when they can all attend together. It was her idea to invite Kanon to live with the Kamishiros. After their parents died, Minato learned that she is adopted.
- A-Cup Angst: Despite being bigger than Kanon most of the time, she's envious of her and ends up consoled by Satsuki. She's also envious of Yuno's breasts, which is more understandable.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: She'll play the part when she tries to get something she wants, but normally averts this.
- Bokukko: Refers to herself using masculine pronouns.
- Cat Smile: Has a particularly cute and devious one when she's clearly plotting something.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her style of cosplay for her first outfit.
- Genki Girl: Almost always able to lift the spirits of everyone in the room.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Has a pretty sizable collection and still sleeps with them.
- Happily Adopted: She reveals in her route that she's always known about having been adopted.
- Heroic BSoD: In routes where she's infected with the virus, she'll take it the hardest.
- Mercy Kill: Minato has no choice but to kill her after she fully transforms in Satsuki's route.
- Not Blood Siblings: Immediately and very awkwardly stated at the beginning of the game. She supposedly doesn't know this, but as stated above she learned about it anyway.
- Not Now, Kiddo: In Yuno's route, everyone thinks she's throwing a tantrum inside her room and chooses to ignore it. Subverted in that she is crying out in agonizing pain while transforming.
- Not Quite Dead: In Yuno's route, she survives even after transforming.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: If she stops talking to people and locks herself away in her room, something is very, very wrong.
- Sweet Tooth: She's easily pacified/bribed with desserts and often requests one as a reward for doing extra work.
- Supreme Chef: The best all-around cook out of the main cast.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: The biggest tomboy in the cast but more than happy to wear cute, frilly outfits.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She's infected in Natsume's route but is left behind when Minato chases Natsume to the hospital. Natsume's sequel event confirms her survival.
Voiced by: Yui SakakibaraA woman who initially arrives at the Kamishiro house distributing health surveys for the city, but is soon to be revealed as something more when Minato witnesses her ability to fight against the Neomen during a chance encounter one night.
- Action Girl: She's able to fight off Neomen on her own.
- Big Damn Hero: She saves Minato from some infected carriers multiple times during her route.
- Cleavage Window: In her casual sweater she wears when meeting Minato at Adagio.
- Clothing Damage: Tends to suffer some during battles.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Her usual response when Minato calls her out for lying to him, most often for hiding the truth about the Neomen being humans.
- FaceHeel Turn: Happens at the start of her route. This is dropped immediately after and only seems to happen to give Minato a reason to distrust her.
- Magic Music: Like D4U she can defeat Neomen through singing their songs, having memorized them when studying the Dream App in the past.
- Meganekko: The only one of the main heroines to wear glasses.
- She Who Fights Monsters: Goes through a phase of this in a few routes as she becomes so focused on "eradicating viruses" she'll forget her original intentions and do morally questionable things in pursuit of that objective.
- Supreme Chef: Primarily when it comes to baking, though she very rarely has time to cook for herself and relies a lot on instant meals, much as that dismays her when people find out.
- Survivor's Guilt: The lone survivor of a small village decimated by a pandemic, resulting in it being purged and burned to the ground to prevent a further outbreak.
- Token Evil Team Mate: Subverted in that she's not evil, she just works for the organization whose methods the other characters don't agree with (until they realize the full magnitude of the situation with the X-Virus).
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is dark blue.
Voiced by: Yui HorieMinato's other childhood friend and Kanon's best friend while growing up, Yuno aims to become a National-level competitor in rhythm gymnastics because of a promise she made with Kanon when they were kids.
- Becoming the Mask: She only became a gymnast because of the promise she made with Kanon and initially didn't like it, but grew to love it when she saw how her performances genuinely moved people.
- Broken Pedestal: She loves her strict father but ends up running away from home in multiple routes when he reveals he cares more about his career as a diplomat than her wishes. Rebuilt in her True Ending after he makes amends.
- But Not Too Foreign: She's half-Swedish, giving her blue eyes.
- Character Development: Most of her development along her route is learning to stand up for herself and not blindly do everything she's told to.
- Clean Pretty Reliable: Is the recipient of this during her Pool event on 10/14 after nearly drowning herself to win a breath holding contest.
- Determinator: Played for Laughs during her pool event where she becomes so focused on winning her little breath holding contest with Minato that she manages to fight off her body's natural instinct to try to get air and nearly drowns herself.
- Extreme Doormat: Even she admits that she can't say "No" to people. Often Played for Laughs at she'll do anything ridiculous that Minato tells her, including barking like a dog or fondling Satsuki.
- I Gave My Word: Why is she working so hard to become national-level athlete? Because she promised Kanon she would.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Believes that Minato is in love with Kanon and is willing to give him up for her. Kanon calls her out for not being honest with herself in Yuno's route.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: When she transforms in Akira's route and steals the Dream App, a battle against her later on is not only impossible to win, but also impossible to retreat from.
- Miss Fanservice: She's tall, busty, in great shape due to being a gymnast, and spends half of her time in a leotard, causing pretty much the entire male population of the academy to constantly ogle her.
- My Greatest Failure: In her route, she confesses that she feels she failed to reach someone through her gymnastics and has felt guilty about it since. Natsume's route reveals she was the one and that it wasn't Yuno's fault, but she never learns that.
- Odd Friendship: With Satsuki, subverted in that they're really Not So Different after all.
- The Pollyanna: Her outgoing and upbeat personality is an act as she's afraid people will abandon her if she can't perform for them. She's really as shy and introverted as Satsuki.
- She's Got Legs: She's one of the tallest characters and many of the CGs where she's in her leotard also tend to focus on her toned thighs.
- Those Two Girls: With Satsuki.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Kanon's girly-girl.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She's the first to be revealed as infected with the X-Virus in her, Satsuki, and Natsume's routes, causing the academy to be evacuated and the start of the pandemic.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: In her route.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: She doesn't like lies. After blurting out that she was inventing new gymnastics tricks in an interview, she began to truly do so in order for her statement to no longer be a lie.
Voiced by: Ayane SakuraA third-level student and class officer at Ouka Academy, Satsuki is Yuno's manager, coach, and bodyguard. She is constantly seen with Yuno, often chasing away the boys who come to ogle her during practice.
- A-Cup Angst: Has a case of this, which isn't helped by her having an average appearance in a World of Buxom setting.
- Big Damn Heroes: Is the recipient of two of these moments in her route: First from Minato. Second from her parents.
- Death Glare: She is a master of these due to keeping perverts away from Yuno.
- Gamer Girl: She usually hangs out at the arcade. In one post-game event she tells Minato, "I refuse to date any boy who can't beat me at video games."
- Happily Adopted: Not played straight until her True Ending when she and her parents finally reach an understanding.
- Indy Ploy: After she realizes Ratom has discovered her location in Yuno's route, she's able to keep them occupied and evades capture for several hours after coming up with a plan on the spot.
- Mercy Kill: She transforms in her own route and receives one of these in her Normal Ending. In her True Ending, she's revived and cured.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she realizes that her awkward relationship with her parents was just as much as her fault for not reaching out to them and potentially having done so too late to make amends.
- Odd Friendship: With Yuno, subverted in that they're really Not So Different after all.
- Poor Communication Kills: She's very socially awkward, as are her parents, leading to a long-running misunderstanding wherein she believes she's not wanted in her own house and causing her to run away after learning she's infected with the X-Virus in her route. It isn't until their near Heroic Sacrifice from them for her sake when she realizes they loved her all along.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: In her school uniform.
- Those Two Girls: With Yuno.
- Took a Level in Badass: Spies on Ratom several times and manages to stay one step ahead of them for quite a while in Yuno's route.
- Tsundere: Type A for Minato during the build-up to reaching her route. She drops the attitude after her Love Epiphany within it.
- When She Smiles: As her expressions are almost always dour, her rare smiles are expressly noted by Minato.
Voiced by: Sayaka SenbongiA first-year student at Ouka Academy who idolizes Yuno and looks up to her while watching her practice. She's able to open up to Minato shortly after meeting him but is painfully shy around other people to the point of vanishing entirely when someone else approaches.
- Beware the Nice Ones: In the bonus image for the "Cafe Adagio is Thriving" post-game event, she is the one of the six heroines who looks most out for blood when she's usually the nicest of them all.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She once told Satsuki about a sewer passage leading away from the government district (because she was using them to avoid the people bullying her). Satsuki uses it to escape pursuit in Yuno's route.
- Dead All Along: Believed by the cast but subverted in the end as her "ghost" is revealed to be an astral projection of her consciousness with her body having been in a coma in the hospital since her attempted suicide as revealed in her route.
- Driven to Suicide: A result of months of being bullied by the gymnastics team and snowballing to include a good portion of the student body.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After returning to her body in her True Ending and having a renewed will to live, she works hard to stop the bullying she'd received and studies hard in order to return to Ouka as a teacher, partnering with and getting engaged to Minato.
- Extreme Doormat: She never stood up for herself against her being bullied or reported it for fear that the bullies would target Yuno in retaliation.
- Gag Boobs: Has the biggest chest of the cast by far.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She is easily the sweetest member of the cast, refusing to harm or even badmouth anyone. It sadly works against her when the school begins bullying her.
- Not Quite Dead: As mentioned above. She's actually in a coma but her spirit is detached from her body.
- She's Got Legs: In her CG image where she's standing on the surface of the water, she's wearing a short skirt and the camera is focused on her bare legs.
- Sixth Ranger: In her normal ending, her soul is absorbed into the Dream App and she joins D4U.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: She is a master of this with Minato, primarily because he's the only one who can see her spirit.
- Took a Level in Badass: Twice.
- In her route, she becomes corporeal long enough to save Satsuki from a Neoman and tackles her aside after running across the surface of a swimming pool.
- In her True Ending, she returns to school despite her father wanting her to transfer elsewhere, singlehandedly stops all of the bullying she had received, becomes Yuno's co-manager with Satsuki (even mastering her Death Glare), and goes on to become a teacher.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She's the only main heroine who doesn't appear at all after starting Kanon, Yuno, and Satsuki's routes. She does appear in Fuuka's route after the first fight against Yuno, but disappears and presumably survives afterwards.
As a Whole
- Absurdly Low Level Cap: Their max level is 15.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Their idol outfits also correspond to their elements: Misaki wears pink. Tsukasa wears blue. Ayumi wears red. Karin wears green. Riko wears yellow. And, after joining them in her Normal end, Natsume wears purple.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Their "Final Song," usually awakens at the end of a route and is what cleanses the X-Virus.
- Magic Music: Their songs are the primary weapon against Neomen and are also capable of healing Minato's wounds in battle.
- Mundane Utility: How can they fight off a mob of regular humans when their music won't have any effect? Crank up the volume!
- The Power of Love: Their songs are strengthened by those with love and empathy.
- Shipper on Deck: No matter which heroine Minato pursues before locking into her route, every D4U girl will ship her with him after their date on 10/21.
- Showgirl Skirt: Their idol outfits.
Voiced by: Kaoru Hayano
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: She wears a ribbon tied in a big bow on the top of her head in her casual outfit.
- Gamer Girl: She and Riko are gaming buddies.
- Idiot Hair: Has a very pronounced ahegao.
- The Leader: Steps up to take charge whenever D4U is called into action.
Voiced by: Yuuka Ueno
- Chuunibyou: Pretends to be a world-saving super heroine when she thinks no one is looking.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Claims to own enough to fill an entire baseball stadium.
- Kansai Regional Dialect: Localized as a Southern accent for the US version.
- The Tease: The most flirtatious of the group.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is a sky blue shade.
Voiced by: Misaki Suzuki
- Bokukko: Refers to herself using masculine pronouns.
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears her hair in two large twintails.
- Jump Scare: Breaks the fourth wall to give one to the player in her second intro video.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: She's almost always the first one to stop being silly when things turn serious and they need to fight.
- Nightmare Fetishist: She loves horror movies.
- Troll: The one who is most likely to push Minato's buttons just to get a rise out of him in their conversations.
Voiced by: Yuubi Midorikawa
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: The kindest member of the group and the one who doesn't tend to tease Minato when he needs advice.
Voiced by: Yui Hasegawa
- Cool Big Sis: She exudes this aura both for Minato and the other D4U members.
- Otaku: She's more into anime than anyone else in the cast and is a bit jealous when she finds out that Fuuka is into cosplay.
- Tsundere: Type B, though usually in response to cover her embarrassment when being praised/thanked.
Voiced by: Eishin FudemuraMinato's best friend and the president of Yuno's (unofficial) fan club, meaning he's the ringleader of the guys who ogle Yuno at practice every day and the favorite target of Satsuki's wrath.
- Butt-Monkey: He does nothing to earn respect from anyone, especially with constantly brushing the line of sexual harassment against all of the girls, so they treat him as such.
- FaceHeel Turn: In most of the individual routes.
- Fair Weather Friend: Revealed as such once things turn south during the pandemic. The degree of which depends on the route.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Again, because of his openly lusting after the girls.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Reveals in Kanon's route that he resented Minato for being a Chick Magnet.
- Hidden Depths:
- His ending is basically him talking Minato out of a Heroic BSoD and getting him back on his feet.
- Even after warning Minato about the Neomen inside of the mall in Akira's route and running away, Minato soon learns that he turned back and went back in after him. Unfortunately, this is what gets him killed in that route.
- Karma Houdini: Is never called out on or suffers any recompense for basically betraying Minato and stealing all of the food they promised to share during Natsume's route. Same with any of the routes where he directs angry mobs at the girls.
- Killed Off for Real: In Akira's route.
- That Man Is Dead: Minato declares "the Makoto Asukaya I once knew is no more" after his actions in Kanon's route.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In Kanon, Fuuka, and Yuno's routes, he joins with the mobs that are rioting and calling for the death of all the women in town.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: No more is heard from him after he's arrested in Kanon's route. Disappears without a trace after merely being spotted in Satsuki's route.
- You Monster!: Minato calls him this after his declaration to rape and kill Yuno in Kanon's route.
Voiced by: Akane SanadaA waitress at Cafe Adagio, the Kamishiros' favorite cafe who has known them for years.
- A Day in the Limelight: The "Cafe Adagio is Thriving" post-game event features her prominently.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: She basically runs the cafe by herself. As Minato points out, neither he nor Fuuka have ever seen the actual manager.
- Noodle Incident: Minato refuses to elaborate on exactly how she's punished following her tricking the heroines in "Cafe Adagio is Thriving," and says, "She missed two days of work afterwards, so we'll just leave it at that."
- Supreme Chef: She makes the best baked goods and desserts in the neighborhood. When she finds out that Akira's cookies are better than hers, she immediately asks for tips on how to make hers that good as well.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She disappears entirely in the main plot after the pandemic breaks out.
Voiced by: Mayuka NomuraMinato's class rep and Yuno's other best friend.
- Meganekko: One of the few girls who wears glasses in the game.
- Motor Mouth: Once she starts talking, it's very difficult to get her to stop.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She transforms on 10/31 as a result of being infected with the X-Virus in the Joint Bad Ending and Kanon/Fuuka/Akira's routes, sparking the pandemic.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She disappears from the plot after the pandemic breaks out on the routes that don't begin with her getting infected.
Voiced by: Nana InamiYuno's younger brother.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-Japanese and half-Swedish, giving him blue eyes.
- From the Mouths of Babes: If Minato tells him that he was "pretend wrestling" with Yuno when helping her stretch, he mentions that he saw their parents doing the same thing recently, then has no idea what Minato is referring to when congratulating him and Yuno on expecting another sibling.
- Likes Older Women: Played with. In the "Swarmed by Utanami Girls" event, it looks like he has a crush on Fuuka and has asked her out on a date, but it turns out Fuuka asked him to participate in the plan. It's unknown if he has an actual crush on her or not.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: He's quite knowledgeable when it comes to academic matters, but doesn't have a lot of life experience due to still being only 12 years old.
The X-Virus and NeomenA mysterious virus that has been mentioned throughout news cycles over the past year. While outbreaks in the past had not been serious, rumors continue to abound of its existence and it becomes the pivotal threat should it begin to affect multiple people in Utanami. Neomen are simply those who have become infected by the Virus to the point of transforming into mutant humanoids with enhanced strength and durability.
Kanon's route reveals it was created by her parents as a means of curing her illness, but it also infected her mother and caused her to mutate, causing her father to destroy their shared lab, themselves, and all of their research with it.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Once a victim transforms into a Neoman, they will attack anything that moves.
- Apocalypse How: Class 0 if the Pandemic breaks out. Confirmed to escalate to at least a Class 3 in the Bad endings.
- Hive Mind: With Kanon acting as the "Queen Bee," showcasing the ability to communicate with "drones" as well as a survival instinct when setting a trap for Ratom's forces in Fuuka's route.
- Monster Misogyny: Only females can become infected. Subverted in that Neomen will attack anything and everything.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Being transformed gives most of them a Healing Factor with D4U's music being the only reliable way to defeat them.
- Zombie Apocalypse: If the pandemic breaks out as more and more people are infected by the X-Virus and turn into Neomen.