Return to main index.
6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe
From the author's description:
An Igneous Angel that leads the Holy Thorn Knights and believes Allison needs to be killed for the good of the universe. It rides a bio-organic motorcycle made out of living skeletons, and is fond of tea ceremonies.
- Ambiguous Gender: While biologically sexless, as with all angels, Juggernaut was assumed masculine-leaning until an extremely feminine face was found under its "steed's" bony facade. Given this reveal's nature as a twist, its self-identified gender, if any, is extremely unclear as of now.
- Badass Biker: It's a fallen angel riding a flaming motorcycle made out of skeletons. You do the math.
- Blood Knight:6 Juggernaut: Prove to me you are worthy. I doubt it. The girl is close. If you don't reach her before me... It will be my incredible pleasure to DISMEMBER her.
- Boomerang Bigot: Juggernaut considers White Chain a "deviant" for having a feminine and humanlike Void form, but as it turns out the projection coming from its Void form under the spiky fire skeleton is also actually quite humanoid, feminine and pretty. It's implied that this is a common "malady" facing the Thorn Knights.
- Dem Bones: In the void, without its armor, it appears as a flaming skeleton. Also, its motorcycle is made out of skeletons.
- Dragon-in-Chief: To Metatron, as the head of the Thorn Knights. Since Metatron can't move and has possibly had a change of heart about destroying the universe, Juggernaut has to do most of the dirty work.
- Enlightened Antagonist: Juggernaut is stated by Word of God to know more than most of the other characters about the true nature of the world... and hates it.
- Fallen Angel: As the leader of the Thorn Knights, it has turned to the path of Thorns, though it sees itself as serving a higher power.
- Faux Affably Evil: Just because you're a skeletal fallen angel riding a flaming motorcycle doesn't mean you can skimp on tea ceremonies... and just because you enjoy tea ceremonies doesn't mean you don't derive your enjoyment from feeling smugly superior to the lowly mortals who dedicate their finite lives to making things as fragile and inconsequential as tea sets.
- Foreshadowing: In the Alt Text for its introduction, it says "Do not mistake the rider for the steed." This is because its true body isn't the humanoid, but rather the motorcycle it rode in on.
- Hidden Depths: Despite all it's claims that 82 White Chain is weak for embracing human character traits, the feminine human face it shows to Maya implies that Juggernaut has far more depth than it pretends to. On top of that, Word of God is that Juggernaut's previous incarnation died protecting something or someone very dear to it.
- Improbable Weapon User: The front wheel of its motorcycle doubles as a breaking wheel and triples as a bludgeoning weapon should Juggernaut feel like using a weapon other than its own body.
- "It" Is Dehumanizing: The author refers to other angels by their chosen gendered pronouns, or "they/them" if they don't identify as either. As seen in the author's description above, 6 Juggernaut is "it".
- Magic Knight: Has quite the knack for the Art of Division, which lets it teleport through the Universe and chop people's heads off bare-handed.
- Mouth of Sauron: Speaker for Thorns; the only Thorn Knight who seems capable of speech and Metatron 1's evident second-in-command.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: 6 Juggernaut's hatred for its enemy caused it to jump the gun on putting the Prophecy in motion — Zoss was slain and Zaid was captured before he could be named the Successor, so Allison was chosen instead. Or so the angels believe. The Conquering King himself implies Allison was always his choice of heir. Juggernaut's growing Hidden Depths over the story imply it may also have had alternate motives.
- No One Could Survive That!: So, how exactly do you survive getting cut in half? Well, it helps if you're a being made from pure cold fire, but on top of that it isn't Juggernaut's true body that got cut. It's its "steed". Its true body — the front wheel on its motorcycle — is largely unharmed. Although it confirms it was quite painful.
- Razor-Sharp Hand: Master of a martial arts technique known as Patram Sword Hand.
- Spikes of Villainy: Lots of spikes (even some coming out of its eyes). Lots of villainy.
- Straw Nihilist: It believes the universe and justice are lies and is offended that anyone could want to protect either.
The last of the original Prime Angels, being the only one left alive by the Conquering King during his conquest of Throne. Founder of the Thorn Knights, and bearer of the secret names of YISUN.
- All-Powerful Bystander: As the being with the closest link to true divinity, Metatron could scour all of Throne with a word, but the Old Law makes it impossible for him to use his power in such a way. There's also the matter of him being trapped on the edge of death.
- And I Must Scream: After what Zoss did to them, Metatron is not in great shape right now to put it mildly.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Metatron is utterly immobilized and unable to act directly, but they're the ultimate hand behind the Thorn Knights, 6 Juggernaut's actions, and most of the plot.
- Last of His Kind: Metatron is the very last surviving of the first incarnation of all angels
- Omnicidal Maniac: Metatron originally created the Thorn Knights to "sterilize" existence, though according to 2 Michael he has since seen the error of his ways.
Root Knights (Traditionalists)
2 Michael, Wielder of the White Flame, First Among the Secondborn
The oldest incarnated angel, and the only one reincarnated from among the ones who guarded the Throne before the Conquering King defeated them, 2 Michael is White Chain's master and mentor.
- Blue and Orange Morality: 2 Michael, being a Prime Angel, possesses this in spades. He believes in the preservation of order at any cost, even if that cost is the complete death and rebirth of the multiverse, and considers "mortal" concepts (such as physical form and gender) as beneath the race of angels. Seeing White Chain's extremely humanoid true face was the final straw in deciding their banishment.2 Michael: Not all acts of evil are foolish, White Chain. And not all acts of good are wise.
- Da Chief: What 2 Michael is supposed to be to White Chain as their superior in the Concordant Knights. Conceptually, the author had to refrain from giving 2 Michael a badass cop mustache.
- Cynical Mentor: To White Chain, although 2 Michael's cynicism is so deep that it amounts to a certainty.
- The Evils of Free Will: 2 Michael believes that humanity having a will is what caused the world to become corrupt.
- Human Pincushion: 2 Michael still has several spears sticking through his chest from from the war between the Demiurges, when the Concordance was broken. His true form in the Void is similarly impaled, suggesting that it's become a symbolic part of his identity.
- Lean and Mean: His armour is sculpted to look like a terribly emaciated humanoid form, and he is very much not a nice angel.
- Pure Is Not Good: 2 Michael believes in purity and order above all else, including morality.
- Time Abyss: All the angels are really old, but 2 Michael takes the cake, dating all the way back to before the rise of the Conquering King... and he says that before that, he guarded the throne for 30 Kalpa, or roughly 130 billion years.
10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon
An angel who spends his time in the impression of Koss' Workshop in the Void watching for anyone coming and going.
- Meaningful Name: He spends all his time vigilantly gazing at the horizon. He also might be nearsighted.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's the leader of the angels who congregate in the Void at Koss' Workshop, and he's sympathetic to White Chain, but since he spends all his time meditating on the infinite blackness, he's become somewhat judgmental. He also is willing to demand Michael reprimand the Thorns when they harass and wound White Chain.
- Some of My Best Friends Are X: His attitude towards humans.
Petal Knights (Rogues)
23 Liminal Blossom Punctures the Heart of the Unrepentant, Deliciously
A rogue Vapour Angel, who no longer serves the Concordance. Before her banishment and forced reincarnation, she worked for the flesh-seller Omun Vash, as as Obstacle Eliminator for his Golden Pearl Pleasure Guild.
According to the notes on the corresponding character sketch, Delicious is also fond of friendly boys, classical music and flower arrangement.
- Blood Knight: Downplayed, though she obviously really enjoys fighting White Chain and doesn't mind handling dangerous anti-angel weaponry barehanded to do it.
- Character Death: Courtesy of 6 Juggernaut. Angels reincarnate after they die, but their memories are often hazy, unclear, or incomplete.
- Extra Eyes: Delicious has two smaller eyes, one above the other, in place of her right one.
- Fallen Angel: Seems an accurate description.
- Kiss of Distraction: To White Chain, in the middle of combat. White Chain's reaction is hilarious.
- Not So Different: Delicious, like White Chain, identifies as feminine, and her true form is nearly as humanoid in appearance as they are.
- Professional Killer: Her official job title at the Golden Pearl Pleasure Guild is "Master Obstacle Eliminator".
- Punch-Clock Villain: When she's not on the clock for Vash, she's quite amicable towards White Chain.
- Transgender: So far, the only angel to openly identify as feminine, making her a bit of an outcast. Her true form is openly female as well.