open/close all folders
The Quadrumvirate of War
En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse
En Sabah Nur, God of Embracing Conflict (Apocalypse, The First One, Eternal Pharaoh, Set, Huitzilopochtli, Sauru, Kali-Ma, The Bringer of Chaos, He Who Never Dies)
- Theme Song: The Apocalypse
- Greater God
- Symbol: Many ancient scrolls in various languages all bearing his name
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil (Believes himself to be True Neutral)
- Portfolio: Above Good and Evil, Likes to make grand boasts, Barrier Warrior, The Dreaded, Proves himself stronger then most villains, Genius Bruiser, Physical God, Social Darwinist
- Domains: Strength, Conflict, War, Hatred, Force
- Allies: Darkseid, Albert Wesker, Kars, Esidisi, Whamuu, Algol, Gilgamesh
- Enemies: Professor Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Akuma, Jean Grey, Loki, Dracula, Ryu, Chun-Li, Captain America, Immortal God Emperor of Mankind
- Opposed by: Ventari
- En Sabah Nur is an ancient Mutant that has long since been in conflict with many of Marvel's heroes. This is all due to a philosophy that War, conflict, inequality, struggle, destruction and death are good and natural, because they make people stronger. Consequently, peace, kindness, equality and the rest are bad, or irrelevant at least, because they make people weak.
- He believes that only The "Fit/Strong" can survive into a better world and The "Unfit/Weak" should be eliminated for such a world and Conflict is the only way to know who is Fit and who is weak.
- This has proven to make him an enemy of many sides as his Philosophy is very extreme even to many villains that don't share his beliefs.
- Many fear what may happy if he ever takes control of The Pantheon as his philosophy might lead into an Age of Apocalypse.
- Speaking of which this has become an issue for both The House of Philosophy and Time and Space as they discovered that this Age has spread across the Multiverse like a disease as there are many versions of this particular setting and that it may somehow spread to the Pantheon.
- Is known for showing many villains that he is to be feared.
- Loki was once tricked by him and nearly killed
- Dracula was defeated twice by such a foe both human and in full power
- Magneto also discovered that Apocalypse was too extreme for him but was turned into a pawn.
- Created the first large scale Conflict between realms. This is the event that made enemies of Ryu, Chun-Li and many other fighters
- The second Conflict between the two realms also proved that he is more powerful then even Akuma as he defeated him, brainwashed him and turned him into Cyber Akuma. Though Akuma was able to find a way to return to normal he has vowed to never fall to Apocalypse again.
- As one of the first Mutants he has been on the earth for a long time and in that time has meet many other members of the Pantheon with Kars and Algol being ones that amuse him.
- But he found himself on the bad side of the God Emperor of Mankind the one time they encountered. Since then he has stayed low to avoid encountering the Emperor again. Apocalypse for his part was confused as to why such a powerful being and older immortal (Emperor being born 8000 B.C) would bother protecting normal humans while the Emperor was deeply disgusted and infuriated by En Sabah Nur's philosophy and apathy towards human lives.
- Apocalypse's name En Sabah Nur meaning "The First One" is actually a falsehood as he is not the first mutant to be born within the Marvel Universe. The mutant Selene Gallio is one of the oldest mutants alive and may in fact be the first mutant, being born 17000 years before the present.
- He has decided to work alongside Albert Wesker as he is interested in his work and wants to see potential in creating the strong and eliminating the weak. He also knows Wesker will betray him and has welcomed him to try and prove that he is stronger.
- Believes that Wolverine must once again become his Horseman of Death and has attempted to find ways to recreate his very own Four Horsemen starting with Wolverine.
- He knows of the many plans other villainous members are planning and had decided to see if they are strong enough to make it work, if not he decided to be the one to use them.
- Usually never has a Villainous Breakdown and instead fills every part of his battles with Boasts. This is one of them:
"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"
Kratos, God of War (Ghost of Sparta, The Mortal Bent On The Gods' Destruction)
- Theme Song: "The End Begins".
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Blades of Chaos (formerly the Blades of Exile)
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil, leaning on Chaotic Neutral (oh, so Chaotic). Despite this, he is nominally fighting on the GUAG's side.
- Portfolio: Physical Gods, One-Man Armies, Heroic Sociopaths, Sinister Hairlessness, Papa Wolves, Deicide, Vengeance.
- Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Suffering, War, Hope.
- Follower: "Thunder God" Cid Orlandeau.
- Allies: Pagan, Raiden (the Mortal Kombat one), Noire/Black Heart.
- Rival: Sweet Tooth, Spawn
- Worthy Opponent: Shovel Knight
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Bloody Marie
- Opposes: The cast of Mortal Kombat (except for Raiden)
- Enemies: ZEUS!, ARES!, Hercules, Warhead, Athena and her Saints, Master Xehanort, Liu Kang.
- Respects: Vulcan
- Has inevitably clashed with that pretty boy Dante, both frequently destroying entire countries in a completely awesome way. They have both agreed to limit their conflicts to constant one-upmanship.
- He won his title from Kratos Aurion. He enjoys the increase to HP and INT.
- Has an extremely short temper and a really good memory for grudges. The Gods of Prophecy stay as far away from him as metaphysically possible, and for VERY good reason, he has a bad habit of screwing destiny.
- One of the Duumvirate of War, alongside Mars. They take turns taking charge, with Kratos covering offensive war, and all forms of berserker and mindless rage-based combat. Don't assume this means they get along, though; Kratos hates Mars and everything she stands for, and would utterly destroy her given half a chance.
- Despite his nature, Kratos is actually driven by the power of hope, which he ultimately spreads to the mortals.
- Asura despises him him with a passion despite their similarities. Kratos pays no particular attention to him, but is still wary of Asura's rage, a line which he would apparently never cross.
- Got on Sweet Tooth's bad side when he accidentally spilled the clown's ice cream.
- Once, he faced the hellspawn known as Spawn in a Death Battle to see which was the greater God Slayer. It ended with Spawn impaling Kratos through the head. Kratos has yet to have forgotten that defeat, and trains rigorously in the event Spawn joins the Pantheon. He also refuses to speak at ALL about it. When Dante mentioned it after the battle, Kratos immediately challenged him to a fight.
- Now that Spawn himself has ascended to the Pantheon, Kratos is itching for a rematch.
- Due to the recent arrival of his father, Zeus, The House of Magic is constantly on the look-out for Kratos as The Council of Shadows does everything in their power to make sure that the God of War never finds out about his father's whereabouts. The last time he found out that Zeus had entered the grounds of Pantheon, the House of Magic was nearly destroyed by his Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Is surprised that Pagan, a War Goddess, used the Gorgon's head in one-on-one fights before he did. However, Kratos says that only the definitive God of War uses the Gorgon's head better than her. Pagan was flattered and impressed, and is now one of Kratos's few allies.
- Warhead, another War God, sought to dethrone Kratos. He was taken care of after a quick, brutal fight, but Kratos found out the hard way that he wasn't immune to this airborne poison called radioactivity and had to be hospitalized for several weeks. Warhead now has the dubious honor of being in the top 50 of Kratos' most hated enemies.
- Despite the latter being stuck in The Fallen, Kratos has some respect for Raiden, as he's one of the few deities who treated him well instead of screwing him over, like those in the Greek Pantheon. This is why Kratos is adamant on defending Raiden for his mistakes.
- Shao Kahn was not pleased by this opinion and brainwashed Kratos through a ritual. Kratos quickly recovered from it and viciously murdered Shao Kahn. Ever since then, the Outworld ruler has never gone easy on him.
- He's happy to see Raiden finally free himself from the Fallen. He's even more pleased by Raiden's new proactive stance on Earthrealm's protection. Watching him present Shinnok's head to the Emperor and Empress of the Netherrealm as a warning to all those who threaten Earthrealm made him nod in approval. He also sneers at Raiden's former allies for abandoning him in his time of need, as they should have had more faith in a God who doesn't try to screw them over for his own gain. The fact that many of those former allies are reconciling with Raiden does nothing to temper his scorn.
- His scorn was pushed even further upon learning that Liu Kang embraced his new role as the Lord of Netherrealm with Katana at his side as his queen, even going as far as dropping all of his allies. Kratos has since declared that even if Liu Kang's former mentors may forgive him, he never will.
- Sophitia Alexandra, Chibiusa and Usagi Tsukino, Minato and Minako Arisato, and Percy Jackson are all royally pissed off at him for killing off the Olympians, especially Hephaestus, Sophitia's patron; Helios, Usagi's patron and Chibiusa's lover; Zeus, Minato and Minako's charge; and Poseidon, Percy's father. Percy plans to seek revenge once he regains the Curse of Achilles. On the other hand, all Saints of Athena are all royally pissed off at Kratos dissing their mistress and claiming her to be an usurping, greedy Manipulative Bitch, an insult they will not forgive, on top of his overall brutal nature. Athena's daughter, Annabeth Chase, was far from happy to hear him talking smack about her mother as well.
- Kratos does not care about Zeus, Poseidon, or Helios, but when asked about Hephaestus, Kratos seemed saddened as he did not want to kill him. Hephaestus was simply a father protecting his daughter and Kratos would have done nothing to him if he did not try and kill him first. He has no regrets on dissing Athena, however, after seeing her manipulative nature and KNOW that the Saints are also capable of taking down Gods of higher ranks than themselves, just like himů They're welcome to try him.
- When Athena actually ascended, the first thing Kratos did was to assault her home, wreck everything, but driven back for a bit, if only for many many Gods coming in for Athena's defense. Kratos refused to believe that Athena was remorseful over her actions, or the Pandora's Box's evil infecting her was gone, and their war continues.
- He's surprised to see Aphrodite in the Pantheon, noting that he probably hadn't killed her back then. But seeing that she wasn't actively blocking his path, Kratos still tolerates her. But he has constantly insisted her that she should stop comparing him with Ares.
- Kratos has vowed to kill Master Xehanort after the latter attacked Zeus. This isn't out of affection for Zeus mind you, but because only Kratos gets to kill Zeus.
- Lately, Kratos has been eyeing a certain 'All Father' that he might have to 'pay him a visit'.
Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great, God of Conquest and Leader of Badass Armies (Alexander of Macedonia, Iskander, King of Conquerors, Rider, Broskander The Great, Ganondorf, Young Alexander)
- Theme Music: The Legend, Babylonia, Army of the King
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Gordius Wheel.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolios: World Conquest And Asking Fellow Worthy Ones To Rule Together, Large Ham, Boisterous Bruiser, Badass Army, Boredom in Victory, Determinators, Warrior Kings, Genius Bruiser, Defeat Means Friendship (to some).
- Domains: War, Combat, Camaraderie.
- Followers: Waver Velvet, the army within the Ionian Hetairoi.
- Allies: Kamina, BRIAN BLESSED, Rider (Fate/stay night), Oren Pierre Alfonzo/Kamen Rider Bravo, Hideyasu Jonouchi/Kamen Rider Gridon, Cayden Cailean
- Worthy Opponent: Gilgamesh
- Enemies: Shao Kahn (due to both being conquerors)
- Enters the Pantheon by trampling the former God of Conquest, CATS, with his Gordius Wheel. When CATS retaliated, he instead used the Ionian Hetairoi on his whole fleet, decimating him and lowered his level. Alexander has stated that CATS was just the beginning, the whole Pantheon is next!
- He possibly amassed the strongest army in the Pantheon, nameless they may be.
- Admiral Thrawn has expressed a sense of fear upon hearing CATS' defeat in Alexander's hands. General Creed, surprisingly, doesn't feel all too worried... yet...
- The commander sees Iskander as a challenge and entertainment, it is not known if he refers to aiding or opposing him.
- Is considered to be one person that Gilgamesh would grudgingly call Worthy Opponent.
- To his father Phillip of Macedon he'll always be Alexander the Pretty Good.
- Once watched Tomoe Mami's demise along with his buddy Waver. Unlike expectations, as shown there, he's quite shocked.
- After a group that consisted of a scientist, a doctor, and a computer wiz announced that Attila the Hun would defeat Alexander in a battle based on extensive research and the results in their battle simulator, Alexander waits for the day Attila ascends so that he can do battle with him, hoping that he lives up to what the analysts have said. He was a little surprised when "he" turned out to be a "she" named Altera.
- Although he respects Keima Katsuragi for being a similarly brilliant tactician in his own right, he previously denied him of using the "God of Conquest" title. Then came the latter's Mental Time Travel, thus changing Alexander's mind and allowing him to share the titile.
- He has recently begun a friendly rivalry with Ganondorf due to their similar looks, mutual hamminess, and memetic badassery.
- He has complete mutual respect for Kamina for his ability to rally an army to conquer the surface like a king of his caliber, one that persisted and fulfilled its goal even after his death. Likewise, Kamina can only stand in awe at the size of Alexander's Ionian Hetairoi, and hopes that he or Simon can eventually turn Team Dai-Gurren into a similar Reality Marble. Also, given their similar boisterous personalities, they often like to drink together.
- He and Shao Kahn are rivals, due to the fact that they both believe there cannot be two conquerors of the Pantheon. Both faced each other in a battle to settle the dispute, but all anyone knows is that it ended with Shao Kahn facing the full might of the Ionian Hetairoi alone. Neither will comment on who won the battle.
Sun Tzu, God of Military Treatises and Divine Patron of Using Deception As A Weapon (Sun Wu - birth name, Suntzi, Sunzi, Changqing)
- Theme Music: The Art of War
- Greater God
- Symbol: His Book, The Art of War
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: A Father to His Men, The Ace, Aggressive Negotiations, Attack Its Weak Point, Captain Obvious, Combat Pragmatist, The Chessmaster/The Strategist, Deadpan Snarker, Geo Effects, Guile Hero, The Spymaster, Winning Without Fighting
- Domains: Philisophy, Military Tactics, Spring and Autumn Period of Chinese History, Warring States Period
- Heralds: Takeda Shingen and Mochizuki Chiyome
- Followers Include: Qin Shihuangdi, Mao Zedong, Ho Chi Minh, Vo Nguyen Giap, Tōgō Heihachirō, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Norman Schwarzkopf Jr., and Colin Powell
- Allies: Cao Cao, T'Challa/Black Panther, Shikamaru Nara, Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Maximus Meridius Decimus Sun Ce, Leonidas, Sima Yi, Captain Tidus, Annabeth Chase, Dian Wei, Takahashi Takeda, Kung Jin, Ryu Hayabusa, Ezio Auditore, The Soldier, Daniel Rand/Iron Fist, Luke and Jessica Cage, Sabaton
- Rivals: Nobunaga Oda
- Worthy Opponents: Julius Caesar, Niccolo Machiavelli
- Enemies: Count Dracula, Mori Motonari, General Shepherd, the evil rulers in the House of Royalty
- Annoyed By: Zapp Brannigan
- He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
- When one mentions The Art of War, one name comes to mind. One that commands respect from the good and the bad: Sun Tzu, philosopher, general, strategist, and all-around badass. And he has taken his rightful place in the Pantheon.
- When word of Sun Tzu's ascension reached the Triumvirate of War, consisting of Alexander the Great, Kratos and Apocalypse, not to mention that the Triumvirate is now a Quadrumvirate, as Sun Tzu would be joining them, their reactions were...varied. Alexander welcomed the Chinese deity, while not a conqueror, but a skilled general and warrior nonetheless. Apocalypse, on the other hand, dismissed Sun Tzu, as he was not a mutant, and therefore, unworthy. Kratos, however, is of mixed opinion. On one part, he recognizes Sun Tzu as a skilled general and warrior. On the second, Sun Tzu rubs him the wrong way when he criticized his brutal Spartan tactics: The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand. What really upsets Kratos is that he knows that Sun Tzu was right.
- Sun Tzu's magnum opus, The Art Of War, has influenced many historical and important figures for well over 1,500 years, of which include the first Emperor of China, Shi Huangdi, Ho Chi Minh, the leader of the Vietnamese Communists, of which his top general, Vo Nguyen Giap, drew inspiration from his teachings to successfully repel the French and American forces during the Indochinese and Vietnam Wars. Sun Tzu also has Japanese admirers as well, from the founder of the Tokugawa shogunate, Tokugawa Ieyasu, and Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Nobunaga Oda's right-hand man. If you were a samurai or damiyo in feudal Japan, the book is a must-read. Sun Tzu's influence even found its way to America, as copies of his book are found in various military libraries for the continuing education of personnel in the art of war. So much so that Generals Norman Schwarzkopf Jr., and Colin Powell incorporated some of Sun Tzu's teachings and methods in the Gulf War of 1990, in regards to deception, speed, and attacking the enemy's weak points.
- Sun Tzu is tight-lipped about his childhood, but what is known is that his military skills had drawn the attention of the ruler of Wu, King Helü, who hired him as his general following a demonstration of his leadership skills. That demonstration involved training the King's harem in military drills.
- Sun Tzu himself had verified that the legend was true, and it serves as a prime example of what Sun Tzu can do. He split Helü's harem into two divisions and made Helü's two favorite concubines the company commanders. When they disobeyed his orders, he told Helü that if the order is given, but not obeyed, it's the soldier's fault. When the harem failed again to follow Sun Tzu's orders, he said that if the orders were clear and the soldier still disobeys, then it's their commander's fault. Sun Tzu then executed the two senior members of the harem and appointed two more concubines as commanders. Needless to say, the harem followed Sun Tzu's orders flawlessly, and while Helü was upset over the loss of his concubines, he hired Sun Tzu as his general.
- It's said that Tywin Lannister had scrimped notes on The Art of War, alongside Machiavelli's The Prince. While Sun Tzu is honorable, even he knows that honor has no place in war, a lesson that House Stark learned the hard way. Sun Tzu just hopes that Jon Snow learns from the mistakes of his uncle and cousin.
- Really, really hates Zapp Brannigan for ripping off his material. Ironically enough, Zapp's book is called The Big Book of War. Zapp is at least wise enough to make himself scarce whenever Sun Tzu is in the vicinity. That still doesn't stop him from calling Sun Tzu's treatise a fake, albeit from a very safe distance.
- Met Niccolo Machiavelli when it was discovered that the defied Italian philosopher had written a book that was also titled The Art Of War. As it turns out Ezio Auditore is a fan of his work, as he claims that Sun Tzu was a Chinese Assassin. These rumors have yet to be claimed.
- While he dislikes his laziness, Sun Tzu is friends with Shikamaru Nara. The shadow user is a frequent visitor to Sun Tzu's temple to discuss philosophy over several games of Shogi.
- Would you believe that it was Johnny Cage, of all people, had turned his daughter and her team to the teachings of Sun Tzu, making them study his works? Even more so that Johnny himself studied The Art Of War extensively and incorporated some of his teachings into his life? Even Liu Kang, of all people, is flabbergasted at this revelation in regards to Johnny, even more so than Jax and Sonya once they both found out, and studying Sun Tzu is required in both the military and in the Shaolin.
- Speaking of soldiers, The Soldier can be considered Sun Tzu's No.1 Fan. So much so that he occasionally recites The Art Of War by heart. The Scout finds it annoying.
- Came to blows with Vlad the Impaler. He lost that match. Sun Tzu seeks a rematch. He also teamed up with Lao Tsu and Confucius in a rap battle against Voltaire, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Socrates. While he prefers to let his sword and tactics do the talking, Sun Tzu has no problem in spitting out hot lyrics, even going as far as to turn the Eastern Philosophers on one another.
- Needless to say, Sabaton was very happy to hear he ascended, as they did make a Concept Album about his work.
- Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.
Adeptus Sororitas, The Divine Amazon Brigades (Sisters of Battle, Nuns with Guns, Bolter Bitches)
- Individual Sisters vary from Quasideities to Lesser Goddesses, a Living Saint is roughly equal to a Greater God
- Symbol: A fleur-de-lys
- Alignment: Lawful Badass
- Portfolio: Church Militant, Amazon Brigade, Kill It with Fire, The Atoner, Sometimes Bodyguard Babes, Really Hating Herectics
- Domains: War, Order, Fanaticism, Flamethrowers
- Allies: Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, Wonder Woman, Samus Aran, Kallen Konzuki, Good aligned Fire users
- Enemies: The four Chaos Gods, Eliphas the Inheritor, Typhus, Kharn the Betrayer, Angron, Abbadon the Destroyer, Gabriel Angelos and any evil casters
- Teeth Clenched Team Work: Any good aligned magic casters
- The Adeptus Sororitas has great respect for Samus Aran, and have made her an honorary Primarch for their order. Considering Samus' Shoulders of Doom, genetic modification, a custom Power Suit, and sheer badassery, Samus does parallel the esteemed Primarchs in many ways. As a part of this the Sororitas have started collecting and keeping power-ups for Samus, helping her make up for her Bag of Spilling, something Samus is very appreciative of.
- The Sisters consists of six major orders with numerous minor ones. Each order are identify by the colors of their armors, or for the Sisters Repentia, the lack there of.
- The Sisters are well known to be absolutely absorbed in crushing any enemies in their sight. Not even death can stop them as the blood of their fallen sisters gives them unbound fury to destroy their foes.
- There are many in the order who are atoners. There are the Sisters Repentia who are trying to atone for sins they have committed and more often then not, they achieved it through death. But one prominent order are The Valorous Heart who were tricked by Vandire into serving him.
- Many members have shown interest in Kallen Kozuki's Guren. Many are hoping to include the mech in their arsenals.
- Are very mistrusting towards magic users since in their world, magic is connected to the "warp", the domain of Four Chaos Gods. However, they are able to team up with some of the good aligned magic users.
- Space Marine Guideline 1: Thou shalt not refer to the Adepta Sororitas as "Bolter Bitches," nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of their "Red Rage,"note lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.
- Even though The Sisters use many weapons, they are mostly known for using flamethrowers. It's because of this that they made allies with some Fire deities.
- While they don't have fond memories of it, the Sisters can act as bodyguards when it's needed of them.
"War has changed."