open/close all folders
The Quadrumvirate of War
En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse
En Sabah Nur, God of Embracing Conflict (Apocalypse, The First One, Eternal Pharaoh, Set, Huitzilopochtli, Sauru, Kali-Ma, The Bringer of Chaos, He Who Never Dies)
- Theme Song: The Apocalypse
- Greater God
- Symbol: Many ancient scrolls in various languages all bearing his name
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil (Believes himself to be True Neutral)
- Portfolio: Above Good and Evil, Likes to make grand boasts, Barrier Warrior, The Dreaded, Proves himself stronger then most villains, Genius Bruiser, Physical God, Social Darwinist
- Domains: Strength, Conflict, War, Hatred, Force
- Allies: Darkseid, Albert Wesker, Kars, Esidisi, Whamuu, Algol, Gilgamesh
- Enemies: Professor Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Akuma, Jean Grey, Loki, Dracula, Ryu, Chun-Li, Captain America, Immortal God Emperor of Mankind
- Opposed by: Ventari
- En Sabah Nur is an ancient Mutant that has long since been in conflict with many of Marvel's heroes. This is all due to a philosophy that War, conflict, inequality, struggle, destruction and death are good and natural, because they make people stronger. Consequently, peace, kindness, equality and the rest are bad, or irrelevant at least, because they make people weak.
- He believes that only The "Fit/Strong" can survive into a better world and The "Unfit/Weak" should be eliminated for such a world and Conflict is the only way to know who is Fit and who is weak.
- This has proven to make him an enemy of many sides as his Philosophy is very extreme even to many villains that don't share his beliefs.
- Many fear what may happy if he ever takes control of The Pantheon as his philosophy might lead into an Age of Apocalypse.
- Speaking of which this has become an issue for both The House of Philosophy and Time and Space as they discovered that this Age has spread across the Multiverse like a disease as there are many versions of this particular setting and that it may somehow spread to the Pantheon.
- Is known for showing many villains that he is to be feared.
- Loki was once tricked by him and nearly killed
- Dracula was defeated twice by such a foe both human and in full power
- Magneto also discovered that Apocalypse was too extreme for him but was turned into a pawn.
- Created the first large scale Conflict between realms. This is the event that made enemies of Ryu, Chun-Li and many other fighters
- The second Conflict between the two realms also proved that he is more powerful then even Akuma as he defeated him, brainwashed him and turned him into Cyber Akuma. Though Akuma was able to find a way to return to normal he has vowed to never fall to Apocalypse again.
- As one of the first Mutants he has been on the earth for a long time and in that time has meet many other members of the Pantheon with Kars and Algol being ones that amuse him.
- But he found himself on the bad side of the God Emperor of Mankind the one time they encountered. Since then he has stayed low to avoid encountering the Emperor again. Apocalypse for his part was confused as to why such a powerful being and older immortal (Emperor being born 8000 B.C) would bother protecting normal humans while the Emperor was deeply disgusted and infuriated by En Sabah Nur's philosophy and apathy towards human lives.
- Apocalypse's name En Sabah Nur meaning "The First One" is actually a falsehood as he is not the first mutant to be born within the Marvel Universe. The mutant Selene Gallio is one of the oldest mutants alive and may in fact be the first mutant, being born 17000 years before the present.
- He has decided to work alongside Albert Wesker as he is interested in his work and wants to see potential in creating the strong and eliminating the weak. He also knows Wesker will betray him and has welcomed him to try and prove that he is stronger.
- Believes that Wolverine must once again become his Horseman of Death and has attempted to find ways to recreate his very own Four Horsemen starting with Wolverine.
- He knows of the many plans other villainous members are planning and had decided to see if they are strong enough to make it work, if not he decided to be the one to use them.
- Usually never has a Villainous Breakdown and instead fills every part of his battles with Boasts. This is one of them:
"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"
Ares, The God Of War (Mars, God of Ponies, True God of War)
- Intermediate God (Greater during times of war and strife)
- Symbol: Spear and Helmet
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Fathering the Amazons, Blood Knight, Good to His Children, Momma's Boy, Hated By Greeks, The Unfavorite of Zeus, Boosting About His Abilities But Getting Defeated Anyway, The Brute, Character Development (as Mars), Adaptational Personality Change for the better (as Mars)
- Domain: War, Weapons, Blood
- Allies: Hera, Melkor, Roman Torchwick, Ali Al-Saachez, Megatron, Kogane, Leonidas, Sundowner, Millennium, Apocalypse, Flynn, Pantheon
- He does not consider most of them allies (with the exception of Hera) as Mars.
- Enemies: Athena and her Saints, Kratos, Iskander, Vulcan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Archer, Kouta Kazuraba, Kaito Kumon, Both Hades, Optimus Prime, Raiden, Tony Stark, Kiritsugu Emiya, Klaus Wulfenbach, Martin Walker, Valvatorez
- He does not consider most of them enemies (with the obvious exception of Kratos) as Mars.
- Rival: Hercules
- Teeth Clenched Team Work: Zeus (full-blown ally as Mars)
- Obsess with: Aphrodite
- Opposed to: Koko Hekmatyar
- Opposed by: The Guy, Ventari
- Was livid once he ascended. Not just for not being ascended with the War God trope, which his brother Kratos has, but having such a low rank. The Courts reason for the low rank his because of his constant worfing from Kratos, Hercules, Wonder Woman, Hercules, Superman, and Hercules. Ares was not please.
- However, he can have a greater rank during times of war. Its for this sole reason why he has joined Malkor and his GUAE for a chance of an all out war between the other Alliances.
- After having his title change and moving to the House of War, Ares was given a rank increase.
- Ares also wasn't happy when he found out that he wasn't made replacement for The Triumvirate of War but instead Alexander the Great was given that honor. He also didn't like the fact that Kratos was part of it. He was however ok with Apocalypse being in. It might be the fact that his world view would lead to war.
- Despite his blood lust for battle, he does have a soft spot for his children and his mother Hera. In fact, he killed Poseidon's own son when he raped his daughter. Even Kratos, who thoroughly despises him for being the source of all of his suffering, grudgingly admits that this is the one quality of his that he can respect.
- He however hates his father Zeus because he consider Ares his unfavorite compare to Athena and Hercules. He still would help him, but Ares wouldn't like it.
- When Ares met with Aphrodite again, he thought they would go back to their old routine. Unfortunately for him, Aphrodite rebuke his advances. Ares didn't took it very well and thought she had eyes for someone else in the pantheon. Or, her refusal line hits a sensitive spot for him: "The only thing endowed is your sword!", which caused Ares to retort with, "What!? What is wrong with my 'sword' anyway these days!?"
- Funny enough, despite being the father of the Amazon race, he has clash on multiple occasion with Wonder Woman, Princess of the Amazon. In fact, one of Ares' daughter is Hippolyta herself who is Diana's mother.
- When question about Ares and whether or not he was the God of Ponies, the Equestrian Deities could only stare in confusion.
- Since his power is directly link to war and conflict, Ares has been known to pose as a War merchant back in the mortal realm and has sold weapons to both sides of a battling country. This makes him allies with both Torchwick and Sundowner, fellow war merchants. This also made him enemy with Tony Stark who was a former weapons dealer.
- Once had a big laugh when he heard of Koko's plan of ending war by disabling planes. He remarks that war has been fought long before planes ever exists and humans will always find a way to fight one another. Because that's human instincts.
- So far, the only other deity to truly worship Ares is the Spartan King, Leonidas. Ares likes him enough that he declares that Leonidas' house is his favorite (next to his own house), and he could afford being less Jerkass when being around him and his people.
- Has re-enacted his rivalry with his younger brother, Hercules. The two have battle against each other most days. So far, Ares has lost in every match they fought.
- The same rivalry for Athena on who is the bettle War God was also renew. He also made enemies with her Saints.
- Because he is the True God of War, Ares has a large arsenary of weapons from swords, maces, bows, axes and spears and can summon them out of nowhere.
- Has lend his support to Millenium's effort to create one of the greatest war ever. Ares says they really need it since their last attempt at a war was disappointing and it was nothing more then a ok terrorist attack.
- Ares once did battle with both Kouta and Kaito. The Riders remark how much he reminds them of the Inves Overlord Demushu.
- This also made Ares acquainted with Kogane who was one of the cause of the Overlords extinction by causing them more blood thirsting. Ares was really impress with that.
- Is oppose by Archer since he is a Counter-Guardian whose job is to stop conflict that that threaten history. The two have clash on multiple occasions.
- Heard about the endless war between two Ancients that his father is a part of. He is trying to find a way to enter into that world, not only to increase his power but to make sure it continues to be endless.
- He's NOT pleased when they heard someone who looked like Jin Kisaragi took up his name and copied Jin while using lightning. Ares just took offense that this copycat dares take up his name, especially when he didn't bother to exude the qualities of a bloodthirsty War God like him even on looks. He's still not friends with Jin, and being the guy he is, probably won't.
- Had a duel with Flynn at one point; it ended with the Samurai the victor and Ares thoroughly impressed.
- He made contact with Pantheon and drafted him for a personal war project that was said to be 'to fight against unknown threats to the Pantheon', giving him greater boons of power and also making him a bit more distant with his former friends. But for his deal and after learning not to make silly deals since the incident with Kratos, Ares personally had it that a new baking room is added to Pantheon's house so he can literally pursue his dream as a baker. Of course, Ares still managed to get one last message in that room: "P.S: Bake your enemies!"
- He actually has two personas, his normal persona as Ares and his Roman persona Mars. The two of them, despite both being War Gods, are drastically different in terms of personality. As Mars, he is much more mature, dignified, and does not believe in endless and meaningless bloodshed. As a result, he is a much more respectable figure who actually averts the trope for which he has been deified, and is disgusted by many of the bloodthirsty and savage allies that he supports as Ares. Unfortunately, the malevolent Ares persona is the predominant one in the Pantheon.
- Mars once approached Kratos in this form, causing the entire Pantheon to get riled up in a panic over the potential collateral damage. Surprisingly, however, Kratos' reaction to Mars was merely to point to the side and tell him to leave.
- "No mercy!"
Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great, God of Conquest and Leader of Badass Armies (Alexander of Macedonia, Iskandar, King of Conquerors, Rider, Broskander The Great, Ganondorf, Young Alexander)
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Gordius Wheel.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolios: World Conquest And Asking Fellow Worthy Ones To Rule Together, Large Ham, Boisterous Bruiser, Badass Army, Boredom in Victory, Determinators, Warrior Kings, Genius Bruiser, Defeat Means Friendship (to some).
- Domains: War, Combat, Camaraderie.
- Heralds: Waver Velvet/Lord El-Melloi II (his Master) and the army within the Ionian Hetairoi.
- Allies: Medusa, Astolfo, Kamina, BRIAN BLESSED, Oren Pierre Alfonzo/Kamen Rider Bravo, Hideyasu Jonouchi/Kamen Rider Gridon, Cayden Cailean
- Worthy Opponent: Gilgamesh
- Enemies: Shao Kahn (due to both being conquerors)
- Enters the Pantheon by trampling the former God of Conquest, CATS, with his Gordius Wheel. When CATS retaliated, he instead used the Ionian Hetairoi on his whole fleet, decimating him and lowered his level. Alexander has stated that CATS was just the beginning, the whole Pantheon is next!
- He possibly amassed the strongest army in the Pantheon, nameless they may be.
- Admiral Thrawn has expressed a sense of fear upon hearing CATS' defeat in Alexander's hands. General Creed, surprisingly, doesn't feel all too worried... yet...
- The commander sees Iskander as a challenge and entertainment, it is not known if he refers to aiding or opposing him.
- Is considered to be one person that Gilgamesh would grudgingly call Worthy Opponent.
- To his father Phillip of Macedon he'll always be Alexander the Pretty Good.
- Once watched Tomoe Mami's demise along with his buddy Waver. Unlike expectations, as shown there, he's quite shocked.
- After a group that consisted of a scientist, a doctor, and a computer wiz announced that Attila the Hun would defeat Alexander in a battle based on extensive research and the results in their battle simulator, Alexander waits for the day Attila ascends so that he can do battle with him, hoping that he lives up to what the analysts have said. He was a little surprised when "he" turned out to be a "she" named Altera.
- Although he respects Keima Katsuragi for being a similarly brilliant tactician in his own right, he previously denied him of using the "God of Conquest" title. Then came the latter's Mental Time Travel, thus changing Alexander's mind and allowing him to share the titile.
- He has recently begun a friendly rivalry with Ganondorf due to their similar looks, mutual hamminess, and memetic badassery.
- He has complete mutual respect for Kamina for his ability to rally an army to conquer the surface like a king of his caliber, one that persisted and fulfilled its goal even after his death. Likewise, Kamina can only stand in awe at the size of Alexander's Ionian Hetairoi, and hopes that he or Simon can eventually turn Team Dai-Gurren into a similar Reality Marble. Also, given their similar boisterous personalities, they often like to drink together.
- He and Shao Kahn are rivals, due to the fact that they both believe there cannot be two conquerors of the Pantheon. Both faced each other in a battle to settle the dispute, but all anyone knows is that it ended with Shao Kahn facing the full might of the Ionian Hetairoi alone. Neither will comment on who won the battle.
- Gene has ran into him a couple of times, often going "So YOU'RE the Alexander the Great those guys were talking about!" right before engaging in a friendly spar. So far, Iskandar finds him amusing, often working up a sweat sparring against him. Also, whenever he goes all-out, Gene never fails to say "Fuck yes, you are the best boss fight ever!" before unleashing the God Hand on him.
Sun Tzu, God of Military Treatises and Divine Patron of Using Deception As A Weapon (Sun Wu - birth name, Suntzi, Sunzi, Changqing)
- Theme Music: The Art of War
- Greater God
- Symbol: His Book, The Art of War
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: A Father to His Men, The Ace, Aggressive Negotiations, Attack Its Weak Point, Captain Obvious, Combat Pragmatist, The Chessmaster/The Strategist, Deadpan Snarker, Geo Effects, Guile Hero, The Spymaster, Winning Without Fighting
- Domains: Philisophy, Military Tactics, Spring and Autumn Period of Chinese History, Warring States Period
- Heralds: Takeda Shingen and Mochizuki Chiyome
- Followers Include: Qin Shihuangdi, Mao Zedong, Ho Chi Minh, Vo Nguyen Giap, Tōgō Heihachirō, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Norman Schwarzkopf Jr., and Colin Powell
- Allies: Cao Cao, T'Challa/Black Panther, Shikamaru Nara, Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Maximus Meridius Decimus Sun Ce, Leonidas, Sima Yi, Captain Tidus, Annabeth Chase, Dian Wei, Takahashi Takeda, Kung Jin, Ryu Hayabusa, Ezio Auditore, The Soldier, Daniel Rand/Iron Fist, Luke and Jessica Cage, Sabaton
- Rivals: Nobunaga Oda
- Worthy Opponents: Julius Caesar, Niccolo Machiavelli
- Enemies: Count Dracula, Mori Motonari, General Shepherd, the evil rulers in the House of Royalty
- Annoyed By: Zapp Brannigan
- He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
- When one mentions The Art of War, one name comes to mind. One that commands respect from the good and the bad: Sun Tzu, philosopher, general, strategist, and all-around badass. And he has taken his rightful place in the Pantheon.
- When word of Sun Tzu's ascension reached the Triumvirate of War, consisting of Alexander the Great, Kratos and Apocalypse, not to mention that the Triumvirate is now a Quadrumvirate, as Sun Tzu would be joining them, their reactions were...varied. Alexander welcomed the Chinese deity, while not a conqueror, but a skilled general and warrior nonetheless. Apocalypse, on the other hand, dismissed Sun Tzu, as he was not a mutant, and therefore, unworthy. Kratos, however, is of mixed opinion. On one part, he recognizes Sun Tzu as a skilled general and warrior. On the second, Sun Tzu rubs him the wrong way when he criticized his brutal Spartan tactics: The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand. What really upsets Kratos is that he knows that Sun Tzu was right.
- Sun Tzu's magnum opus, The Art Of War, has influenced many historical and important figures for well over 1,500 years, of which include the first Emperor of China, Shi Huangdi, Ho Chi Minh, the leader of the Vietnamese Communists, of which his top general, Vo Nguyen Giap, drew inspiration from his teachings to successfully repel the French and American forces during the Indochinese and Vietnam Wars. Sun Tzu also has Japanese admirers as well, from the founder of the Tokugawa shogunate, Tokugawa Ieyasu, and Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Nobunaga Oda's right-hand man. If you were a samurai or damiyo in feudal Japan, the book is a must-read. Sun Tzu's influence even found its way to America, as copies of his book are found in various military libraries for the continuing education of personnel in the art of war. So much so that Generals Norman Schwarzkopf Jr., and Colin Powell incorporated some of Sun Tzu's teachings and methods in the Gulf War of 1990, in regards to deception, speed, and attacking the enemy's weak points.
- Sun Tzu is tight-lipped about his childhood, but what is known is that his military skills had drawn the attention of the ruler of Wu, King Helü, who hired him as his general following a demonstration of his leadership skills. That demonstration involved training the King's harem in military drills.
- Sun Tzu himself had verified that the legend was true, and it serves as a prime example of what Sun Tzu can do. He split Helü's harem into two divisions and made Helü's two favorite concubines the company commanders. When they disobeyed his orders, he told Helü that if the order is given, but not obeyed, it's the soldier's fault. When the harem failed again to follow Sun Tzu's orders, he said that if the orders were clear and the soldier still disobeys, then it's their commander's fault. Sun Tzu then executed the two senior members of the harem and appointed two more concubines as commanders. Needless to say, the harem followed Sun Tzu's orders flawlessly, and while Helü was upset over the loss of his concubines, he hired Sun Tzu as his general.
- It's said that Tywin Lannister had scrimped notes on The Art of War, alongside Machiavelli's The Prince. While Sun Tzu is honorable, even he knows that honor has no place in war, a lesson that House Stark learned the hard way. Sun Tzu just hopes that Jon Snow learns from the mistakes of his uncle and cousin.
- Really, really hates Zapp Brannigan for ripping off his material. Ironically enough, Zapp's book is called The Big Book of War. Zapp is at least wise enough to make himself scarce whenever Sun Tzu is in the vicinity. That still doesn't stop him from calling Sun Tzu's treatise a fake, albeit from a very safe distance.
- Met Niccolo Machiavelli when it was discovered that the defied Italian philosopher had written a book that was also titled The Art Of War. As it turns out Ezio Auditore is a fan of his work, as he claims that Sun Tzu was a Chinese Assassin. These rumors have yet to be claimed.
- While he dislikes his laziness, Sun Tzu is friends with Shikamaru Nara. The shadow user is a frequent visitor to Sun Tzu's temple to discuss philosophy over several games of Shogi.
- Would you believe that it was Johnny Cage, of all people, had turned his daughter and her team to the teachings of Sun Tzu, making them study his works? Even more so that Johnny himself studied The Art Of War extensively and incorporated some of his teachings into his life? Even Liu Kang, of all people, is flabbergasted at this revelation in regards to Johnny, even more so than Jax and Sonya once they both found out, and studying Sun Tzu is required in both the military and in the Shaolin.
- Speaking of soldiers, The Soldier can be considered Sun Tzu's No.1 Fan. So much so that he occasionally recites The Art Of War by heart. The Scout finds it annoying.
- Came to blows with Vlad the Impaler. He lost that match. Sun Tzu seeks a rematch. He also teamed up with Lao Tsu and Confucius in a rap battle against Voltaire, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Socrates. While he prefers to let his sword and tactics do the talking, Sun Tzu has no problem in spitting out hot lyrics, even going as far as to turn the Eastern Philosophers on one another.
- Needless to say, Sabaton was very happy to hear he ascended, as they did make a Concept Album about his work.
- Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.
Adeptus Sororitas, The Divine Amazon Brigades (Sisters of Battle, Nuns with Guns, Bolter Bitches)
- Individual Sisters vary from Quasideities to Lesser Goddesses, a Living Saint is roughly equal to a Greater God
- Symbol: A fleur-de-lys
- Alignment: Lawful Badass
- Portfolio: Church Militant, Amazon Brigade, Kill It with Fire, The Atoner, Sometimes Bodyguard Babes, Really Hating Herectics
- Domains: War, Order, Fanaticism, Flamethrowers
- Allies: Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, Wonder Woman, Samus Aran, Kallen Konzuki, Good aligned Fire users
- Enemies: The four Chaos Gods, Eliphas the Inheritor, Typhus, Kharn the Betrayer, Angron, Abbadon the Destroyer, Gabriel Angelos and any evil casters
- Teeth Clenched Team Work: Any good aligned magic casters
- The Adeptus Sororitas has great respect for Samus Aran, and have made her an honorary Primarch for their order. Considering Samus' Shoulders of Doom, genetic modification, a custom Power Suit, and sheer badassery, Samus does parallel the esteemed Primarchs in many ways. As a part of this the Sororitas have started collecting and keeping power-ups for Samus, helping her make up for her Bag of Spilling, something Samus is very appreciative of.
- The Sisters consists of six major orders with numerous minor ones. Each order are identify by the colors of their armors, or for the Sisters Repentia, the lack there of.
- The Sisters are well known to be absolutely absorbed in crushing any enemies in their sight. Not even death can stop them as the blood of their fallen sisters gives them unbound fury to destroy their foes.
- There are many in the order who are atoners. There are the Sisters Repentia who are trying to atone for sins they have committed and more often then not, they achieved it through death. But one prominent order are The Valorous Heart who were tricked by Vandire into serving him.
- Many members have shown interest in Kallen Kozuki's Guren. Many are hoping to include the mech in their arsenals.
- Are very mistrusting towards magic users since in their world, magic is connected to the "warp", the domain of Four Chaos Gods. However, they are able to team up with some of the good aligned magic users.
- Space Marine Guideline 1: Thou shalt not refer to the Adepta Sororitas as "Bolter Bitches," nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of their "Red Rage,"note lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.
- Even though The Sisters use many weapons, they are mostly known for using flamethrowers. It's because of this that they made allies with some Fire deities.
- While they don't have fond memories of it, the Sisters can act as bodyguards when it's needed of them.
"War has changed."