War Some deities ascend to the Pantheon through their sheer power and mastery in combat. After all, Gods are supposed to be powerful. Whenever there is war, or there is an invasion, these beings are called into action and lays down sheer ass-kicking to those who dare endanger the Pantheon. These are the beings whose combat abilities have reached godlike levels and thus take their seat amongst the Pantheon. The realm of War is a varied landscape, alternating between city and forest and tunnel and ruin and arena. Basically, if you can fight in it, on it, under it, or around it, it will be there. Any sparring between the gods tends to take place here, with surroundings chosen by mutual agreement (though most aren't all that picky). Sparring between the gods also tends to take place at the nearby House of Combat. The place is always being constantly destroyed and rebuilt. So far, the House of Commerce has made a huge fortune off contracts to repair the damage caused by the constant battles. Some have questioned what, precisely, this section of the Pantheon is beneficial to. The traditional response is "absolutely nothing". The longer response: "It makes for a good place for the gods to get their stress out by beating each other to a pulp while also exercising their minds to maintain order in the pantheon among the other gods." As a note, The Grand United Alliance of Good and The Grand United Alliance of Evil only occasionally fight their battles in this house. After all, what's the point of an all encompassing war, if you only ever fight in the same place? Mind you Cosmos is the one who tries to keep the fights in here, but Melkor won't have any of it. Oh, for the record... don't expect some kind of War Gods joining this house... however, one of them joined in this house, and the other recently moved to the House of Weapons.
open/close all folders
- War Overdeities And Greater Gods
- War Intermediate Gods
- War Lesser Gods
- War Demigods And Quasideities
The Triumvirate of War
Kratos, God of War (Ghost of Sparta)
- Theme Song: "The End Begins".
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Blades of Chaos (formerly the Blades of Exile).
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, leaning on Chaotic Evil (oh, so Chaotic)
- Portfolio: Physical Gods, Badasses, One-Man Armies, Heroic Sociopaths, Sinister Hairlessness, Papa Wolves, Deicide, Vengeance.
- Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Suffering, War, Hope.
- Follower: "Thunder God" Cid Orlandeau.
- Allies: Pagan, Raiden, Noire/Black Heart.
- Rival: Sweet Tooth.
- Worthy Opponent: Shovel Knight
- Opposes: The cast of Mortal Kombat (except for Raiden)
- Enemies: ZEUS!, Hercules, Warhead, Athena and her Saints, Master Xehanort, Liu Kang.
- Has inevitably clashed with that pretty boy Dante, both frequently destroying entire countries in a completely awesome way. They have both agreed to limit their conflicts to constant one-upmanship.
- He won his title from Kratos Aurion. He enjoys the increase to HP and INT.
- Has an extremely short temper and a really good memory for grudges. The Gods of Prophecy stay as far away from him as metaphysically possible, and for VERY good reason, he has a bad habit of screwing destiny.
- One of the Duumvirate of War, alongside Mars. They take turns taking charge, with Kratos covering offensive war, and all forms of berserker and mindless rage-based combat. Don't assume this means they get along, though; Kratos hates Mars and everything she stands for, and would utterly destroy her given half a chance.
- Despite his nature, Kratos is actually driven by the power of hope, which he ultimately spreads to the mortals.
- Asura despises him him with a passion despite their similarities. Kratos pays no particular attention to him, but is still wary of Asura's rage, a line which he would apparently never cross.
- Got on Sweet Tooth's bad side when he accidentally spilled the clown's ice cream.
- Once, he faced the hellspawn known as Spawn in a Death Battle to see which was the greater God Slayer. It ended with Spawn impaling Kratos through the head. Kratos has yet to have forgotten that defeat, and trains rigorously in the event Spawn joins the Pantheon. He also refuses to speak at ALL about it. When Dante mentioned it after the battle, Kratos immediately challenged him to a fight.
- Due to the recent arrival of his father, Zeus, The House of Magic is constantly on the look-out for Kratos as The Council of Shadows does everything in their power to make sure that the God of War never finds out about his father's whereabouts. The last time he found out that Zeus had entered the grounds of Pantheon, the House of Magic was nearly destroyed by his Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Is surprised that Pagan, a War Goddess, used the Gorgon's head in one-on-one fights before he did. However, Kratos says that only the definitive God of War uses the Gorgon's head better than her. Pagan was flattered and impressed, and is now one of Kratos's few allies.
- Warhead, another War God, sought to dethrone Kratos. He was taken care of after a quick, brutal fight, but Kratos found out the hard way that he wasn't immune to this airborne poison called radioactivity and had to be hospitalized for several weeks. Warhead now has the dubious honor of being in the top 50 of Kratos' most hated enemies.
- Despite the latter being stuck in The Fallen, Kratos has some respect for Raiden, as he's one of the few deities who treated him well instead of screwing him over, like those in the Greek Pantheon. This is why Kratos is adamant on defending Raiden for his mistakes.
- Shao Kahn was not pleased by this opinion and brainwashed Kratos through a ritual. Kratos quickly recovered from it and viciously murdered Shao Kahn. Ever since then, the Outworld ruler has never gone easy on him.
- He's happy to see Raiden finally free himself from the Fallen. He's even more pleased by Raiden's new proactive stance on Earthrealm's protection. Watching him present Shinnok's head to the Emperor and Empress of the Netherrealm as a warning to all those who threaten Earthrealm made him nod in approval. He also sneers at Raiden's former allies for abandoning him in his time of need, as they should have had more faith in a God who doesn't try to screw them over for his own gain. The fact that many of those former allies are reconciling with Raiden does nothing to temper his scorn.
- His scorn was pushed even ferther upon learning that Liu Kang embraced his new role as the Lord of Netherrealm with Katana at his side as his queen, even going as far as convincing his fellow kombatants who are still undead to follow him. Kartos has since declared that even if Liu Kang's former mentors may forgive him, he never will.
- Sophitia Alexandra, Chibiusa and Usagi Tsukino, Minato and Minako Arisato, and Percy Jackson are all royally pissed off at him for killing off the Olympians, especially Hephaestus, Sophitia's patron; Helios, Usagi's patron and Chibiusa's lover; Zeus, Minato and Minako's charge; and Poseidon, Percy's father. Percy plans to seek revenge once he regains the Curse of Achilles. On the other hand, all Saints of Athena, thus far just Hyoga, Shun and Ikki, are all royally pissed off at Kratos dissing their mistress and claiming her to be an usurping, greedy Manipulative Bitch, an insult they will not forgive, on top of his overall brutal nature.
- Kratos does not care about Zeus, Poseidon, or Helios, but when asked about Hephaestus, Kratos seemed saddened as he did not want to kill him. Hephaestus was simply a father protecting his daughter and Kratos would have done nothing to him if he did not try and kill him first. He has no regrets on dissing Athena, however, after seeing her manipulative nature and KNOW that the Saints are also capable of taking down Gods of higher ranks than themselves, just like him... They're welcome to try him.
- When Athena actually ascended, the first thing Kratos did was to assault her home, wreck everything, but driven back for a bit, if only for many many Gods coming in for Athena's defense. Kratos refused to believe that Athena was remorseful over her actions, or the Pandora's Box's evil infecting her was gone, and their war continues.
- He's surprised to see Aphrodite in the Pantheon, noting that he probably hadn't killed her back then. But seeing that she wasn't actively blocking his path, Kratos still tolerates her. But he has constantly insisted her that she should stop comparing him with Ares.
- Kratos has vowed to kill Master Xehanort after the latter attacked Zeus. This isn't out of affection for Zeus mind you, but because only Kratos gets to kill Zeus.
Kamina, God of Boasting and Rousing Speeches (Bro, Just Who The Hell Do You Think He Is?!, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
- Greater God (Overdeity as Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
- Theme Music: Ten wo Tsuke or alternatively, Rap is A Man's Soul
- Symbol: His sunglasses over a stylized flaming skull.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Badass and many associated tropes, the Super Robot Genre, Manliness, Sunglasses, Giving boastful speeches, Being Awesome By Virtue Of Being Crazy, Hot Bloodedness, Large Ham, Memetic Badassery, Dying in an Epic Fashion.
- Allies: Simon the Digger, Yoko Littner, Nia Teppelin, Shishioh Guy, Ryouma Nagare, Alexander the Great, Mata Nui, any good-aligned deities, especially those who are manly and pilot giant robots, the ToQgers (especially Right/ ToQ 1gou and Akira Nijino/ToQ 6gou).
- Rivals: Viral
- Domains: Mecha, Speeches, Manliness, Trust.
- Kamina always scheduled time to give a speech to the masses at his chambers about manliness, trust and general badassery when he first ascended, but after the second time the Pantheon got too crowded from the masses clamoring to hear him, so he began holding them elsewhere.
- While Shinji is prophesied to bring about The End of the World as We Know It, Kamina was prophesied to save everyone from the orange goo dream world by motherfucking dropkicking him because he's just that badass.
- Simon the Digger was once Kamina's prophet and high priest, wandering the world and drilling through the impossible; he ascended as a lesser god in Kamina's service as the patron deity of drills. Simon has learned well from Kamina, and may well surpass his mentor . . . if he hasn't already.
- Kamina is the only being to ever tolerate Leeroy Jenkins, because he does share his philosophy, "Reasoning should just be kicked to the curb!"
- When the final battle of good and evil comes, Kamina has been pre-appointed by Cosmos to give a speech to get her warriors fired up and ready for the conflict. Reportedly, according to those who overhear him practicing, part of it goes "Don't believe in yourselves. Believe in the Tropers who believe in you!"
- In addition to the usual, Kamina boasts he's the Trope Namer for Beyond the Impossible, and will show video footage of his battles with Simon to any who need explanation of what he was talking about.
- Shares a strong friendship with the previous Unlosing Ranger Pirohiko Ichimonji, who is to Super Heroes as Kamina is to Super Robots. The two met briefly when Pirohiko had a near death experience via Car Accident. The two found that they both share the same life values and also a similar relationship to their younger successors.
- He is also good friends with Erika Kurumi of the Craft Pantheon for she is his Magical Girl equivialent. The way Erika inspires Tsubomi like he did with Simon, fearlessly kicks Eldritch Abominations' asses halfway to hell, and still have the energy and willpower to go on with overly awesome fashion shows just brings Manly Tears Of Joy to his face.
- Has taken interest in an Ace Pilot named Woolf Einnacle due to similarities in their roles, and the fact that he once quoted him.
- He and Alexander the Great have complete mutual respect for one another. Alexander considers Kamina a true king, because of his ability to rally an army to conquer the surface, one that persisted and fulfilled its goal after his death. Likewise, Kamina can only stand in awe at the size of Alexander's Ionian Hetairoi, and hopes that he or Simon can eventually turn the entirety of Team Dai-Gurren into a similar Reality Marble. Also, given their similar boisterous personalities, they often like to drink together.
- Word is that he has a Gurren-based racecar stashed somewhere in his temple. Apparently it waits for a "special occasion".
- His introduction to Nia was a bit odd at first; because he died right before Simon met her, Kamina didn't know if Nia was Dai-Gurren Brigade-material. When he found out that she was proficient with a mech and that she was married to Simon, however, all skepticism was gone, and he welcomed her as a valued teammate. Though he swears he's met her before...
- Apparently, Kamina once resurrected in the form of a gigantic entity made of Spiral energy. This mech was so incredibly gigantic, that its foot was enough to dwarf another mech that, at the time, was 10 MILLION LIGHT-YEARS LONG! When the other Deities witnessed this form, all of them, and that means all of them, were absolutely shocked at the sheer size and strength of this new form form.
- It is unknown if Kamina can take on this for at will, but there are reports of some trying to force him to do this by attacking him, and being inevitably stopped by the other Deities who don't want Kamina to potentially destroy the Pantheon, though it is unknown if this can actually happen.
Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great, God of Conquest and Leader of Badass Armies (Alexander of Macedonia, Iskander, King of Conquerors, Rider, Broskander The Great)
- Theme Music: The Legend.
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Gordius Wheel.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolios: World Conquest And Asking Fellow Worthy Ones To Rule Together, Large Ham, Boisterous Bruiser, Badass Army, Boredom in Victory, Determinators, Warrior Kings, Genius Bruiser, Defeat Means Friendship (to some).
- Domains: War, Combat, Camaraderie.
- Followers: Waver Velvet, the army within the Ionian Hetairoi.
- Allies: Kamina, BRIAN BLESSED, Rider (Fate/stay night), Oren Pierre Alfonzo/Kamen Rider Bravo, Hideyasu Jonouchi/Kamen Rider Gridon.
- Enemies: Shao Kahn (due to both being conquerors)
- Enters the Pantheon by trampling the former God of Conquest, CATS, with his Gordius Wheel. When CATS retaliated, he instead used the Ionian Hetairoi on his whole fleet, decimating him and lowered his level. Alexander has stated that CATS was just the beginning, the whole Pantheon is next!
- He possibly amassed the strongest army in the Pantheon, nameless they may be.
- Admiral Thrawn has expressed a sense of fear upon hearing CATS' defeat in Alexander's hands. General Creed, surprisingly, doesn't feel all too worried... yet...
- The commander sees Iskander as a challenge and entertainment, it is not known if he refers to aiding or opposing him.
- Is considered to be one person that Gilgamesh would grudgingly call Worthy Opponent.
- To his father Phillip of Macedon he'll always be Alexander the Pretty Good.
- Once watched Tomoe Mami's demise along with his buddy Waver. Unlike expectations, as shown there, he's quite shocked.
- After a group that consisted of a scientist, a doctor, and a computer wiz announced that Attila the Hun would defeat Alexander in a battle based on extensive research and the results in their battle simulator, Alexander waits for the day Attila ascends so that he can do battle with him, hoping that he lives up to what the analysts have said.
- Although he respects Keima Katsuragi for being a similarly brilliant tactician in his own right, he previously denied him of using the "God of Conquest" title. Then came the latter's Mental Time Travel, thus changing Alexander's mind and allowing him to share the titile.
- He has complete mutual respect for Kamina for his ability to rally an army to conquer the surface like a king of his caliber, one that persisted and fulfilled its goal even after his death. Likewise, Kamina can only stand in awe at the size of Alexander's Ionian Hetairoi, and hopes that he or Simon can eventually turn Team Dai-Gurren into a similar Reality Marble. Also, given their similar boisterous personalities, they often like to drink together.
- He and Shao Kahn are rivals, due to the fact that they both believe there cannot be two conquerors of the Pantheon. Both faced each other in a battle to settle the dispute, but all anyone knows is that it ended with Shao Kahn facing the full might of the Ionian Hetairoi alone. Neither will comment on who won the battle.