Delilah Hack, the Lunch Lady
Cassie's mother, Delilah (or "Dee") was once a normal (but feisty) woman who met and fell in love with her future husband, Doctor Jack Hack, when it was discovered she had the potential to become a slasher. The two got married and tried to live a normal life with their daughter, but Jack's government connections (and gambling problem
) quashed those dreams, and Jack was eventually forced to abandon his family for their own protection. This caused Delilah's mental state to deteriorate rapidly, and after noticing the bullying her daughter was forced to deal with at school, decided that mommy should make it all better in the worst possible way; by butchering the bullies (and anyone else who so much as looked at Cassie funny) and using their remains as the "secret ingredient" in the food she served in her job as a lunch lady. When Cassie discovered what her mother was doing, she alerted the authorities and confronted Delilah with them; distraught by her daughter's betrayal, Delilah committed suicide by fatally scalding herself with a pot of boiling gravy in front of her daughter. But a mother's love is a hard thing to kill, and Delilah soon returned from the dead, tracked Cassie down to her new foster home, and picked up where she left off, slaughtering Cassie's classmates, though this spree was cut short when Cassie re-killed Dee by shooting her in the face a couple dozen times.
Debut: Girls Gone Dead
A devoutly religious girl who snapped when she caught her long time boyfriend with a slut, our heroes first encountered Laura when she intended to turn a Florida Spring Break into a bloodbath with the help of Father Wrath, a slasher she had enthralled with Black Magic
. Despite later dying after some body-hopping mayhem caused a certain killer doll's
amulet, her hate-filled spirit remains in limbo, obsessed with taking revenge on Cassie and Vlad, something she'll have to be creative about, considering her now fairly limited ability to interact with the world of the living.
- Alliterative Name
- Bandage Babe: In Vs. Chucky, due to the severe burns she suffered at Cassie's hands.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Catholic School Girls Rule: At first.
- Designated Girl Fight
- Disproportionate Retribution: She was driven insane and attempted to massacre Spring Break due to her boyfriend cheating on her during the festivities.
- Evil Feels Good: When she actually witnesses Father Wrath kill someone at her instruction, she is somewhat freaked, and starts questioning herself ("You don't think I'm crazy, do you?"); though she gets over it, outright stating shooting someone was surprisingly easy later.
- Evil vs. Evil: In Vs. Chucky.
- Grand Theft Me: Done to Vlad in Vs. Chucky, and briefly to her sister in Foes and Fortunes.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: She was eaten alive by her own ravenous zombie minions.
- Hot Witch
- Hypocrite: A Christian fundamentalist who uses Black Magic and Hollywood Voodoo in the name of God.
- Malevolent Masked Men: She wears what's left of Father Wrath's mask in Vs. Chucky.
- The Man Behind the Man: In Foes and Fortunes, she manipulates her sister from beyond the grave in a plot to kill Cassie and Vlad.
- Man on Fire: At the end of Girls Gone Dead, via candles and various alcohols.
- Motive Rant
- Night of the Living Mooks: In Vs. Chucky, though as noted above, they turn on her.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Became something akin to one due to her usage of black magic.
- Strawman Political
- Valley Girl
Debut: Land of Lost Toys
Angela Cicero, the Acid Angel
Debut: Slice Hard Prelude
A sexy (and she knows it) female slasher, Acid Angel was once Angela Cicero, mundane real estate agent by day and club-trotting party girl by night. Unfortunately, Angela's hard partying ways led to a heap of trouble when she got it on with her best friend's husband, driving said best friend to a Bath Suicide
. Overcome with grief, the guilty husband murdered Angela by replacing her insulin with hydrochloric acid, leading to an excruciating death. But, you can't keep a bad girl down, and Angela eventually came back from the dead as a slasher who uses her feminine wiles to ensnare men, then kill them via her arousal-activated acidic secretions.
Emily Christy, Ms. America
Debut: Slice Hard
Lynn Jagodinski, Samhain II
Debut: Super Sidekick Sleepover Slaughter
Jeffrey Brevvard, Six Sixx
Debut: Shout at the Devil
Debut: Shout at the Devil
Two big, floating tenctacly monsters that exist in a realm presumably named after them, their origin is vague, but speculation says they may have lived in the void that existed before God created the universe. While they appear to be content (for the most part) with lording over their little Hell Dimension, they are unable to create followers from nothing, and thus must rely on impregnating virgins (and it has
to be virgins, for some reason) from other worlds, acquiring them through agents they imbue with powers in exchange for their services.
The Society of the Black Lamp
Debut: Murder Messiah
- Big Bad Wannabe
- Drop the Hammer: How he kills Jeffery Brevvard/Sixx Sixx.
- In the Blood: His origin; unlike Cassie, he embraced his father's serial killer legacy
- Not So Different: Dale's father was a serial killer and Cassie's mother was a serial killer. He points this out to her but she wasn't having any of it.
- Serial Killer: With a kill count of 18.
- The Social Darwinist: Believes that serial killers are "Alpha male predators" and that slashers are at the top of the food chain. (Which is why he wants to become one.)
The Beane Clan
Debut: Me Without You
A Scots-American Chicago crime family. With some... odd genetics.
Debut: Sons of Man (as legendary figure), Murder Messiah (first on-panel appearance in a Bad Future
section), Monster Baiting (first on-panel appearance as "himself"
in internal chronology)
The founder of the Black Lamps and the oldest slasher still active, he's been undead for about 2500 years. At some point in the twentieth century, treacherous Black Lamp underlings deposed him and magically destroyed his memories, renaming him "Samhain" and using him as the Society's top assassin. The resulting confusion led to him developing benevolent feelings for a while and falling in love with Cassie, until a failed attempt to turn him human led to him recovering his memories and being returned to his old self.