- Arc Fatigue: Some critics have applied this to the Black Lamp Society and Samhain arc. Possibly lampshaded in Super Sidekick Sleepover Slaughter:
Cassie: "I don't know about you, Vlad, but I'm getting really bored with this black flower crap already."Vlad: "Yes. I liked our old bad guys better."
- Complete Monster:
- The Big Bad is Akakios, AKA Samhain. At first he is a man with Laser-Guided Amnesia and a Dark and Troubled Past who is an ally and later lover of heroine Cassandra Hack. After a series of events, however, it is revealed that Samhain is the original "slasher," Akakios, founder of the evil Black Lamp Society. Regaining his memories and true personality, Akakios is disgusted by his former self's feelings for Cassandra, reasoning he could have taken her any time "whether she wanted it or not." Akakios forges the undead slashers into a fighting force and systematically kidnaps or kills everyone Cassie loved, purging the upper echelons of the Black Lamp Society for being "too nice," despite their own atrocities. Akakios plans to spread the slasher disease, turning innocent humans all over the globe into murderous monsters.
- For a slasher example, there's Ashley Guthrie. While admittedly amusing here and there, he's still a child sociopath who, even before he became a member of The Undead, did things like strangle a litter of kittens to death (he was annoyed his cat was spending so much time with them) before caving his baby brother's skull in (he was annoyed he was always playing with his toys). After becoming a slasher, his first acts were to cause his father to commit suicide and drive his mother insane. His very first appearance has him killing a little girl in a dream (similar to Freddy Krueger).
- Dr. Andrew Rodin stands out in the franchise by virtue of not even being a Slasher, just a normal human. The admittedly sadistic Rodin is the most vile human member of the Black Lamp society, using his scientific genius to create women for the sole purpose of being sex slaves, which often end up abused. He creates other species for the sole purpose of killing others and brutally slaughters a co-worker when she objects.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The RapeVan.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Pooch and Libby Lochs.
- Evil Is Sexy: Acid Angel, who really uses it to her advantage.
- Subverted with Butterface. She has a hot body, but an apparently horrific looking face.
- Foe Yay: Cassie and Bomb Queen. Oh lawdy...
"Such a one-track mind you have, Cassie. It's kind of cute. I think you'll make a great little slave."
- To say nothing of Acid Angel:
- Fridge Horror: The only major characters who initially get killed by Akakios's mass attack on Cassie's friends are Chris and Lisa. Who got murdered by Dr. Gross. The guy who specialises in long and sadistic physical and mental torture...
- Nightmare Fuel: Here◊ are some of the slashers.
- The Stillborn. Just what the hell IS that thing?
- Recycled Script: "Super Sidekick Sleepover Slaughter" was recycled from a rejected pitch for a slasher-movie parody miniseries set in the Marvel Universe.
- Squick: Mother Leeds from The Living Corpse crossover.
- When Taber threatens to kill himself with a shotgun in Something's Fishy, Mary Shelley Lovecraft disarms him by sprouting another tentacle... from between her legs.
- The Sundermann brothers (one lived inside the other).
- Ugly Cute: Pooch. Vlad saw Mother Leeds's children as this, but Cassie and The Living Corpse were just squicked out by them.
- The Woobie: Although Cassie keeps her 'tough bitch' act up for the most part, when something manages to break through her defenses it's almost impossible not to feel for her.