"Can you imagine all of these URLs aren't taken? verynaughtynuns.com, slightlynaughtynuns.com, nunscoveredinbutter.com... There's a whole untapped nun-fetish market out there! We need to get in on this!"Nuns with bad habits. Nuns are women who have dedicated their lives to religious service, forgoing sex and material wealth. In the land of fiction, they complete the Fetish Trio right up there with Nurses and Maids. There is just something about nuns that turns a lot of guys on. Maybe it's the mystery of it all. After all, they wear the elaborate robes and live in secret, away from men. Maybe it's the Forbidden Fruit factor: you cannot have them, so, ironically, they become more appealing. If a nun is fetishized, expect her habit to be far shorter and tighter than anything you would see in a real convent. Additionally, most Nuns Are Mikos in anime. Any Church Militant nun, by nature of not only being a nun but an Action Girl, will tend to follow this trope. Because Action Girls are always sexy and such clothing is better suited for combat than a real robe. Christian nuns are by far the most common in fiction, but there are Buddhist, Taoist, and Hindu nuns too. This trope actually dates back to Middle Ages, as the literature and songs of the time often paint convents as "houses of vice" because it was, after all, a building full of women, making this one of the oldest sex and pornography tropes in Western history. (Indeed, in Elizabethan times, "nunnery" was slang for a brothel; thus, "Get Thee to a Nunnery" in Hamlet is a Double Entendre.) It was Truth in Television for many convents, and some of the greatest female saints are those who instituted reforms to make them true houses of holiness. In medieval days, many women in convents were mere residents, not sisters. (This is alluded to in El Cid, where Ximene returns to her "home" convent, and the Mother says she's welcome, but shouldn't try to join up.) Noblemen often sent their daughters to convents by force, to keep them away from men until a suitable husband could be found; sometimes, no prospect would appear. Girls could also be locked up in convents if they had an inheritance coming, allowing the family to keep and control the money. Residents were usually allowed to have visitors, and thereby hangs the tale. There were plenty of priests who were "nun" too holy, too. And let's not even get into the writings of sisters who took "marriage to Christ" literally.... A Sub-Trope of Nun Too Holy. Contrast Nuns Are Spooky and Nuns Are Funny. Distaff Counterpart of Sexy Priest.
open/close all folders
- This 1992 ad for Talens Rubber Cement.
Anime and Manga
- Chrono Crusade: Rosette Christopher (pictured above), but only in looks. It's because on the other hand, flirting with her can have very serious implications.
- Somewhat noted in Mahou Sensei Negima! when Misora was forced to wear a miniskirted habit as a part of the class' "cafe". She prayed for the Lord's forgiveness. That said, she and Sister Shakti are kinda cute, and the skirts on their real habits are short enough as it is.
- The Korean manhwa Rebirth features a very God-fearing nun in a very Stripperiffic outfit.
- Knight Carim, Sister Schach, and later, Sein, Otto and Deed, of the Belkan Saint Church fill the Moe nun quota for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, though their habits are pretty modest. On the other hand, Sister Schach's battle armour consists of a sleeveless top, hotpants and pretty good Zettai Ryouiki.
- Sein really puts the "Naughty" back into "Naughty Nun" in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid, where she almost manages to grope the entire female castnote in a single chapter. Note that one of the girls in question was a clone of her church's Crystal Dragon Jesus.
- And then there's Sister Chantez, whose Barrier Jacket features a short skirt, a sleeveless top, and Underboobs.
- Due was the The Mole and a Femme Fatale (not The Vamp). She seduced a priest to steal the Sankt Kaiser's DNA, which the Big Bad Jail Scaglietti used to create a clone of Olive Sägebrecht, the result being Vivio Takamachi, Nanoha's adopted daughter.
- After the Time Skip in the Claymore manga, Galatea disguises herself as a nun, of all professions. She doesn't really get 'naughty' until after a three-way running fight through the city with Miata and an Awakened, though. Nun clothes aren't meant for combat, after all...
- ...And then there's Sister Eda and Sister Yolanda from the Church Of Violence/Rip-Off Church, who are pretty much as far from real nuns as you can imagine... (hint: they smuggle weapons. Lots of weapons. That's just the beginning.) Also worth mentioning that both of them are/were highly attractive. Especially Yolanda in her I Was Quite a Looker omake chapter.
- Trinity Blood presents to us a good example of Absolute Cleavage by this nun
- Sister Angela from One Pound Gospel. Played with in that she is extremely devoted to her faith, and while she might harbor some feelings for Kosaku, she does her best to keep them platonic. Likewise, Kosaku's enormous crush on her doesn't keep him from dating other girls.
- Zange from Kannagi. Though she isn't actually a nun, she just likes to dresses like one.
- Melpha from Queen's Blade. It's hard to not see her as sexual, from her gigantic breasts to her "holy poses". In Rebellion, there is Siggy. Instead of being ashamed when she does the poses, she does them willingly...shame that she burns people for practicing magic, or science.
- When Sato from Welcome to the N.H.K. first meets Misaki and discovers she apparently has religious reasons for wanting to help him cure his hikikomori ways, he has fantasies about her wearing a nun's habit while touching herself and moaning "No! I shouldn't! It's a sin!"
- Though this isn't explored further in the anime, the manga reveals that while her uncle and aunt are very religious Christians, she only goes along with them because they've been so kind to her; she holds no religious beliefs whatsoever.
- Most nuns in A Certain Magical Index wear relatively reasonable habits, considering the ridiculousness of what they actually do, but one, Sister Agnese, upon her return is wearing a habit that is more holey◊ than holy. That one is explained in the novels as being a punishment: that a nun would be forced to wear something like that is supposed to shame them. Although Agnese wonders if Bishop Biagio doesn't have other reasons for putting her in it...
- Matilda Simmons from Episode 17 of the Black Butler anime. While several of the nuns put their hands on Ciel to undress him, in a hardly innocent manner, it is Matilda whom Sebastian charms and has affairs with, none too quietly, in order to learn more about the church they are investigating. It's heavily implied that the rest of the clergy are quite "unclean" themselves, despite the church's very harsh process of atonement for filth and sin.
- Defied in Kaitou Saint Tail: Seira Mimori, nun in training, may have some romantic feelings for Sawatari, but refuses to act on them even before realizing she has them because she's a nun in training (that in spite of her many other violations of a nun's moral code). As for her "deep" friendship with Meimi, they're just very good friends.
- Warrior Nun Areala
- Twisted darkly by The Chronicles Of Wormwood in which the Corrupt Pope forces nuns to service him sexually.
- In Star Wars: Legacy the very sexy Deliah Blue dresses up in an nunlike Imperial Missionary outfit part of a scam.
- Sister Joan, the eponymous Nun from the "Slim and Nun" strip in Penthouse Comix. The character was heavily inspired by Sister Sara in Two Mules for Sister Sara (see Film examples below).
- Viz subverted this with the one-off Topless Skateboard Nun as she isn't naughty at all, just topless.
- 6666, the sequel of 666 (about demons invading Earth in 2000) has a naughty female pope.
- In 52, Whisper A'Daire is priestess of the Religion Of Crime whom Renee actually calls a Naughty Nun. Unfortunately, neither the "naughty" or "nun" vibe really came across on the page, something that Greg Rucka felt was just lost in the translation from script to final product.
- X-Men 2099 had Sister Nicholas of the Sisters of the Howling Commandments...
- Tales from the Leather Nun was a 1973 one-shot with naughty nuns, by artists such as Dave Sheridan, Spain Rodriguez, Roger Brand, and Robert Crumb.
- Not to be confused with another comic book from 2008 called Leather Nun, featuring naughty nuns (among other things), by Paul Gravett and Peter Stanbury.
- Transmetropolitan: Spider Jerusalem claims to have lost his virginity to a telepathic nun.
- There's an entire genre of films like this, appropriately called "Nunsploitation".
- Black Narcissus Deborah Kerr. Lipstick.
- In the film within an film of How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Megan Fox plays a younger and sexier Mother Teresa ... and ends up winning an Apollo award for it.
- Hudson Hawk includes a nun and she's undercover.
- She also leaves the order to marry Hudson Hawk.
- Inverted when the Angels masquerade as nuns in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle to find information about the Creepy Thin Man.
- In Shoot 'em Up, the hero takes the baby he has rescued from thugs who murdered his mother to a building that looks like a convent, and the door is opened by a young woman dressed as a nun. He barges in, and when she turns around in shock to follow him it's revealed that her costume has the rear end cut out of it, revealing that she is wearing some decidedly un-nunlike lingerie underneath and cluing the audience in to the fact that the building is actually a... "nunnery".
- Low-budget cult film Roller Blade features naked lesbian roller skating nuns.
- In the Pedro Almodóvar movie Dark Habits, the nuns are naughty in a wide variety of ways; they're sadomasochistic lesbians, drug addicts (and pushers), writers of erotic novels, and various other sins.
- Ken Russell's The Devils is full of Naughty Nuns, led by Sister Jeanne, who has lurid sexual fantasies about Father Urbain Grandier, the film's male protagonist (including one in which she imagines him coming down from the cross to couple with her. Unfortunately, this is part of a Sanity Slippage, and ultimately results in some serious Squick. Depending on what cut of the film you're watching, there's even more explicit naughtiness from Sister Jeanne's fellow nuns. It is Based on a True Story.
- In the 1974 film Seijû gakuen aka School of the Holy Beast, the 'convent' is run much like a school for wayward girls, including the typical girl-on-girl catfight. They seem to find themselves getting into and out of their habits with alarming frequency due to their constant showering and friendly experimentation, though they do engage in more nun-like activities from time to time, such as praying, scrubbing floors and whipping newcomers with thorned roses to keep it spicy. Pinku Eiga and Naughty Nuns are a perfect match.
- While she's probably not taken any oaths, the papal agent in the French film Brotherhood of the Wolf masquerades as a prostitute.
- Castle Anthrax in Monty Python and the Holy Grail is populated by 8-score blondes and brunettes between the ages of 17 and 19 and a half, in pseudo-nun habits, with a Grail-shaped beacon atop the castle.
Dingo: And then, the oral sex!
- And the punishment for lighting the beacon is a spanking... for both the nun that lit it and every other sister in the castle.
- Sister Sara in Two Mules for Sister Sara is a whiskey drinking, cigarette smoking nun Who it turns out belongs to the other kind of Nunnery (ie: the best damn Cathouse in town).
- Averted in the 1967 Bedazzled (1967) when Stanley's wish that he and Margaret were in love each other in a setting far removed from the crass modern world has the two of them turned to nuns in a convent. Nun Margaret is in love with the nun Stanley, but will not act on her feelings.
- The defictionalized fake trailer Machete (originally from Grindhouse) features Lindsay Lohan in a nun's habit. It should be noted that 1. she wound up in the habit out of necessity, and 2. the most naughty thing she did while wearing it is shoot the man that killed her father.
- Angelica from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides was about to take her vows at a Spanish convent when Jack showed up. He'd mistaken it for a brothel, honest mistake.
- Well, it was a Nunnery...
- Kate Upton in a "nun-kini" in the 2012 film version of The Three Stooges. See for yourself.
- In Psycho III, Norman's Love Interest Maureen Coyle is a nun who secretly left her covenant after having a Crisis of Faith. While on her spiritual journey to rediscover herself and restore her faith in God, she comes across our main protagonist at the Bates Motel. She soon grows feelings for Norman, which he returns. Despite acting as the film's Mrs.Fanservice and dating Norman for some time, she never departs from her order as a friendly priest welcomes her to the church after she seeks counseling.
- As Nuns are the quintessential unattainable woman, naturally jokes about their supposed promiscuity are common as well.
- The Pope went to an ecumenical conference in New Orleans. As he had been within the church hierarchy for decades, he felt he had lost touch with the common poor, so he changed into street clothes and wandered into the French Quarter. While there he was repeatedly approached by prostitutes saying "$50 for some head." Confused by this, he returned to the conference and asked one of the local nuns "Sister, what is head?" To which she replied: "$50, same as the Quarter."
- Nuns ask their abbess: "What have we got for supper today?" "Carrots" answers the abbess. "Aaaaaaahhhhh... Carrots!" swoon the nuns. "Grated carrots!" says the abbess with a wicked smile.
- Invoked and subverted in one joke, in which two nuns are walking on the street at night and notice a man following them. They decide to split up in case he had some dastardly things in mind, and one nun gets to the cloister a good while before her companion. When her companion returns, she's grilled over what happened, responding that the man had caught up with her and propositioned for. Shocked, her friend asked her what she did in response to that. "Well, I lifted up my dress, and he lowered his pants... then I ran back here. After all, it's easy for a woman to run with a hiked dress, but impossible for a man to run with his pants around his ankles."
- A cab driver picked up a nun who was waiting for a ride. Along the way, he turned to the nun and said, "Sister, I have a confession to make. I've always wanted to screw a nun." The nun gave him a look, then asked, "Are you a Catholic, my son?" to which the cabbie said yes. "Pull over," said the nun. The cabbie stopped the car, then the nun came around to the front seat and gave him the best blowjob he'd ever had. Once they resumed driving, though, the cabbie started feeling extremely guilty. "Sister, I have another confession—I'm not really a Catholic," he said. The nun replied, "Really? Well, my name is George and I'm on my way to a costume party."
- One beautiful spring morning the head nun at the convent woke up feeling refreshed and well rested. Usually she ate breakfast in her room, but feeling as great as she did she decided to get dressed and eat in the dining hall. On her way to breakfast she passed Sister Mary Beth in the hall and said, "Good morning, Sister Mary Beth." Mary Beth replied, "Good morning, Mother Superior. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" "On the contrary," the head nun replied, "I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day." A little farther she passed Sister Rebecca on the stairs. Rebecca said, "Good morning, Mother Superior. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" "That's odd," the head nun said. "Sister Mary Beth just asked me that very question, and no. I woke up to a beautiful sunrise, and the birds chirping. And I feel wonderful." As she entered the dining hall Sister Rachel came up to her and said, "Mother Superior, I believe you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." After hearing this again she was a little annoyed. The head nun said, "You are the third person to ask me that in the last five minutes. I woke up to a beautiful morning feeling great. Why is every one asking if I woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Do I look the grumpy?" "Oh no, Mother Superior, that's not it at all," Rachel said. "It's because you are wearing the Father's shoes." (This joke more commonly has the nun as a priest instead)
- A priest and a nun are on a road trip, but at one hotel they are forced to share the same room with one bed. The priest piles up blankets between them and they lay down. After a bit, the young nun says "Father, I'm cold." The priest gets up, gets another blanket for her and returns to his side of the bed. After a little more time, she again says "Father, I'm still cold." The priest gets up, gets another blanket for her and returns to his side of the bed. Finally she says "I'm sorry, Father, but I'm still cold." The Priest looks at her and says "Sister, I know it's inappropriate, but would you like to play husband and wife for one night?" The nun's face lights up and she says "Oh! Yes, Father!" He looks at her and sneers "Then get your own damn blanket!"
- Older Than Print: The Decameron has a couple of stories of unchaste nuns.
- The novel Henry Esmond seems to allude to this trope via a subversion — the title character is in the English army and they are raping and pillaging and he rescues a nun from the violence. The listeners of his account expect that she is young and pretty and that a romance might develop but is instead old and ugly.
- Julian passes by the "Shrine Of Aphrodite", where one can enjoy a priestess for a price. "They pretend it is religion. Actually, it is mass prostitution."
- In Rangers At Roadsend by Jane Fletcher, Chip (who spent some time in the temple as her parents wanted her to become a Sister) tells Katryn that the Sisters are, in fact, not as chaste as the public believes.
Live Action TV
- In Californication's infamous opening scene, David Duchovny's character has a dream in which he is serviced by a nun.
- When the original Blackadder finds himself appointed as Archbishop of Canterbury, he finds that the 'sexual favors of nuns' are a major source of income for the Church, along with curses and pardons. Baldric mentions that many sales are to other nuns (and Edmund's surprise isn't that nuns offer sexual favors, but that "some people actually pay"). He also has a secret passage to a nunnery in his bedchambers, which leads to an...interesting scene with two drunken would-be imitators of the knights who slew Thomas Becket.
- This is partially Truth in Television and partially a historical and literary footnote. It is the case that nunneries were often operating as brothels in some parts of Europe during the Middle Ages. Partly as a result of this, and the anti-Catholic sentiments in England during the reigns of Elizabeth I and James I, 'nunnery' was a common euphemism for 'brothel', as in the line from Hamlet: Get the to a nunnery! Go!
- It's also hinted that the mother superior and her assistant engage in lesbian bondage games.
- Australian skit comedy show Skithouse had a scene with a group of people waiting for the bus, among them a Catholic nun. A voiceover asks "Can you tell which one hasn't had any sex?", and then an arrow appears, pointing to a man chatting with the nun.
- Married... with Children:
- A nunnery hired Kelly to advertise their olive oil, dressed as a nun. She couldn't fulfill the morals clause in her contract. Bud manages to get his "chaste" mother the part, but she hardly acted nunly.
- In "Love Conquers Al", Bud ends up sleeping with a girl named Esmerelda, who is revealed to be a nun. She actually has rough sex with him multiple times, not giving him a break or rest, showing how experienced she is. He never found out though and her own brother is oblivious to the fact that she's not pure.
Bud: I'm sorry, I didn't get a chance to change into some nicer clothes.Esmerelda: Please don't worry. You won't be wearing them much longer.
- Another girl comes to Bud to have sex with him before she fully becomes one.
- In a funny conversation, Peg tells Al that she wants to catch a film based on a true story about a nun's dark side. Apparently, this nun couldn't handle the pressure of maintaining her status so she snapped and shot up her covenant.
- When Al questions his manhood, he phone calls all the women he slept with in his past. One of these many women is a nun, who describes sex with Al to be the best sex she's ever had.
- Leverage: In the "Boys Night Out" Episode features a woman posing as a nun to smuggle (medical) drugs. Jack Hurely(former target\client) shows a picture of her in Bikini where everyone comments "That's Not A Nun.!"
- Subverted and stomped upon in Father Ted, where the one thing that terrifies Father Jack Hackett is the typical Irish nun - grey, humorless, sexless and authoritarian. Father Dougal Maguire is too dense to realize in one episode that a pretty young nun is shyly hinting that she could break a vow for him.
- In the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, where Debra's sister Jennifer reveals that she is following a vocation to become a nun, it is hinted that as a single and free young woman, she's had a lot more sex and opportunity for sexual encounters than her married sister Debra. Debra is suitably cynical.
- The cover for the Monks' 1979 album Bad Habits shows a cigarette-smoking nun with habit hiked up to reveal garters and stockings.
- The music video for Billy Idol's cover of "L.A. Woman" features an attractive blonde woman dressing fetishistically as a nun. When Idol pursues her she doesn't keep the habit on for long.
- "Don't Tell Mama" — one of the songs from Cabaret — involves Sally Bowles dressed as a nun and doing a strip tease.
"Mama thinks I'm living in a convent,
A secluded little convent,
In the southern part of France.Mama doesn't even have an inkling,
That I'm working in a nightclub,
In a pair of lacy pants."
- The French Celine Dion song "La Religieuse" ("The Nun") describes the internal conflict of a nun tortured by her memories of a life of passion.
- The Beatles give us:
Boy, you've been a naughty girl
You let your knickers down"
- The Bob & Tom Show had a very humorous poem describing a nun, stuck on a broken-down bus with a bunch of kids on a church outing, strongly tempted to join a passing group of Hell's Angels.
- Skyclad's song, "Spinning Jeny"
She whispered of her innocence - (a plea I must contest)
While baptizing helpless sinners with a missionary zest
She will exorcise your demons - then exercise your thighs
Await your 'second-coming' with a hunger in her eyes.
- Mercyful Fate song "Nuns Have No Fun".
- Warrant (no, not that Hair Metal band) song with the same name as above.
- Not in the song, but a performance of the Blutengel song "Lucifer" had two dancers dressed as nuns. Halfway through the song, they strip off their robes to reveal a costume that includes fishnet stockings and leather collars. Can be seen here - the stripping bit starts at 3:33.
- "Wash my blood", by Megurine Luka, is supposed to be about a nun who lost her virginity and became a nymphomaniac. YMMV though...
- Alice Cooper's song "Sister Sara" from his album Dragon Town.
- Queensr che: Sister Mary in "Spreading The Disease".
- J.T. Taylor's "Sister Rosa".
- The video for Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's "She Said" from the album "Plastic Fang" featured a nunnery seduced by a vampire, causing the nuns to strip and grind on the stairs.
- Some of these (complete with Les Yay) appear in the Music Video for E Nomine's hit song "Das Omen." Justified Trope, as the nuns are not Catholic nuns, but nuns associated with some sort of (perhaps Satanic) Cult or Religion of Evil.
- Rapeman's sole album is called Two Nuns and a Pack Mule, inspired by a porn flick that Steve Albini had watched. ... Just don't ask.
- Zladko "Zlad!" Vladcik's second music video "I Am the Anti-Pope" featured his female keytarist as one of these - her habit ended in a miniskirt and leather boots.
- A highly controversial Cradle of Filth T-shirt depicted a nun pleasuring herself.
- One Charles Addams cartoon shows four young women standing at a street corner. Two are wearing nuns' habits with knee-length skirts, a style just introduced at the time. The humorous part is that this was the time of the "maxi-skirt" in secular fashion, so the nuns are showing more skin than the girls who aren't.
- Bloom County: How Opus is introduced to Rule 34.
- Appears rather disturbingly in William Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, when Angelo begins to develop an obsession with defiling Isabella. There was actually a modern production done of the play that plays up the fetishization to eleven, with whips and chains and things.
- The impression of keen whips I'd wear as rubies,And strip myself to death, as to a bedThat longing have been sick for, ere I'd yieldMy body up to shame.
- "Nunnery" was apparently slang for a brothel in Shakespeare's day, which is how he uses it in Hamlet.
- This was, at least partly, due to the extreme anti-Catholic bias operating in England at the time. Being Catholic was, in itself, a capital offense for most if not all of his lifetime, and he worked in the serving levels of the courts of both Elizabeth I and James I (the players company he was part of was the official court theater troupe).
- In the musical 9, Guido has one of his lovers dress up as a nun to relive his sexual awakening at the hands of a nun when he was a child.
- The Sisters of Battle in Warhammer 40,000 are an entire army of space Nuns that alternate between dripping with assorted fetish appeal, and subverting the hell out of it, sometimes on the same units/models. Case in point: Sisters Repentia, who are depicted in the models as women in loincloths and half-corsets, with cloths over their heads and massive chainsaw swords (and let's not get into the Mistress who leads them). Compare with a picture of a Repentia in their codex, who is entirely naked, wearing only parchments that are pinned directly onto her flesh with spikes. And the Ciaphas Cain novel Cain's Last Stand confirms said Naughty Nuns are not required to be celibate.
- The Macho Women with Guns table top roleplaying game produced a supplement titled Renegade Nuns on Wheels.
- Pops up in Exalted, where one of the Infernal Exalted signature characters wears a Naughty Nun outfit (as seen in this post on the official White Wolf livejournal). This is totally nonsensical, since we never once see anyone in Creation wearing an even slightly similar outfit - the local equivalent would be Immaculate Monks (who can be either male or female), but apparently it was too difficulty to make a fetishized version of brown robes and a shaved head.
- There are two female characters in the Nasuverse who work for The Church. One of them, Ciel, is a main heroine of Tsukihime, with her own route and sex scenes in the Visual Novel, though it's subverted in that Ciel's not technically a nun and just likes to dress up as one, though she still counts in appearance. And then there's Caren, from Fate/stay night, whose outfit is outright Stripperiffic... and she admittedly does it on purpose to manipulate men. Kiara Sesshouin from Fate/EXTRA is more like of a buddhist nun... Whose sect of Buddhism focuses on gaining enlightenment through sexual pleasure, and has Mad Love for the rest of humanity...
- Guilty Gear's Bridget. Of course, there's something a bit off with this Nun...
- Prier from La Pucelle. Actually lampshaded in one chapter, where another character tries to call her out on her outfit, only for Prier to retort that hers isn't much better. At this point, they both remember who gave them their outfits...
- Arcana Heart's Clarice di Lanza. Not only she is a nurse, she is also quite impure, starting from her demon heritage (but she's not 100% evil) and her light and very playful personality.
- Darkstalkers's Felicia becomes a Nun on her Vampire Savior ending. She is naked under the habit. There's also her Flung Clothing intro pose in Marvel vs Capcom 2.
- Ragnarok Online has the Priestess class, which are dressed like nuns with outfits slit up the side, to where you can see stockings and garters. Before a patch changed them to something that resembles bike shorts, their death animation included a Panty Shot.
- While not explicitly nuns (only because the churches of the Light don't segregate by gender), High Inquisitor Whitemane and Argent Confessor Paletress in World of Warcraft are both devout holy women who happen to wear bikinis and garter belts in lieu of pants. (In Paletress's case, to wear them in Icecrown.)
- The Witcher: Not really an analogue of Catholic nuns, but members of a monastic order of nurses wear the habit. Geralt gets two of them in the neutral endgame, something of a consolation for Everything Trying to Kill You.
- "And afterward, we'll pray!"
- Assassin's Creed II has a strange, invoked example. In Venice, you will find La Rosa Della Virtù, a bordello owned by Sister Teodora, a former Catholic nun, and is staffed by former nuns. She gives her reasons to why she equates her bordello to a nunnery (she considers herself a nun by her own brand of faith), some points cover the indiscretions of monks and priests of the time (who label those same things as evil), and how in some ways, it helps men better than a confessional does.
- Leliana from Dragon Age: Origins is a lay sister who's bisexual and a former Femme Fatale Spy, and admits to sometimes ogling her fellow Sisters.
- Alice Elliott of Shadow Hearts fame sort of qualifies. She's not evil or even particularly promiscuous, but whenever she's onscreen it's a Panty Shot moment (you'd think a pious, God-fearing sweet-and-innocent girl like her would show a bit less leg. Plus she likes to hit enemies with her Bibles.
- Her only link to religion is that she's the daughter of a reverend (most likely Protestant).
- The protagonist of Twin Blades.
- Bayonetta has touched this fetish as well.
- Brütal Legend's Battle Nuns. Demonic, yes, but also naughty.
Eddie: Nice try lady. Or whatever you are. I'm supposed to think you're a nun, but I know you're some kind of big ugly demon, so let's have it. (Battle Nun turns around revealing her demon face) Ah ha! I knew it! Big ugly demon. (Battle Nun slowly struts her incredible hourglass figure) Kinda sexy though in a weird way... Hm.
- The nuns of the Order of the Mysterium in Anachronox all wear red bodysuits with hoods, black thighboots with heels, elbow-length black gloves and a hardly-covering white tabard. They (and the monks) take vows of chastity, although at least one monk and sister don't let it get in their way, as you may overhear from them. You also find one nun in the Red District on Sender Station, having taken up a new profession... while still wearing her old outfit.
- TimeSplitters: Jo-Beth Casey was originally in nun attire. Considering her outfit in a later game has a shirt with "SLUT" across it, there may be implications to note.
- Obviously Bonetown would have a naughty nun, located at the Downtown church.
- Saints Row: The Third parodies this trope with the Bloody Canoness from the Show Within a Show Nyte Blayde, a Church Militant wearing a Leotard of Power that exposes her cleavage.
- Dumnestor's Heroes has the end-all result of this trope (as well as a brilliant Lampshade Hanging): The adventuring party decides to rest overnight at a temple of Tythus, the river god. Cliche: Tythus's temples are staffed by virgin priestesses. Lampshade: Said virgin priestesses are forbidden by their faith◊ to wear clothes, but are otherwise perfectly innocent priestesses. Subversion: The party is made up of a female human (who doesn't care), a male dwarf (who doesn't care), and a male elf-turned-human (who does care, and is freaked out by it). note
- At one point in Miss Dynamite, Eva is captured and brainwashed by the Catholic Church in order to kill heathens. She gets a sexy costume and a sword out of it.
- The Little Sisters of Belial from Scary Go Round are basically a bunch of promiscuous punk chicks in nun habit. When Rachel takes them over and tries to use them in her revenge plot, they aren't too happy about it.
- In Bloomin Faeries, two nuns have sex with Sir Thane, whose curse makes him irresistible to women and makes those same women beautiful and promiscuous, and subsequently become much more sexual in nature, and find it harder to keep their vows of chastity given their bodies are much more sensitive than before.
- This fetish is used to comedic effect in the LoadingReadyRun sketch "Nuntastic": Kathleen tells her boyfriend Graham of her plan to create a nun-featured fetish site, dress him up as a nun, and roll in the bucks. Graham is not amused. "Apparently people want to see nun thigh, but not too much nun thigh."
- Slipshine has a series of strips starring sister Wulfia Focker.
- Deconstructed with SCP-166.
- Family Guy: Played for Black Comedy. In one of the cutaway jokes, a Nun confesses to decapitating a man.
- King of the Hill: Peggy disguises herself as a nun to teach children since she wasn't receiving any work as a public teacher. She tries to keep her marital status a secret from the other nuns in order to keep this position because it makes her feel important.
- Robot Chicken: A nun tries riding her bicycle without her seat cover on the stick it connects to.
- The Simpsons: When Lisa visits a covenant, she sees a nun trying to act out Marilyn Munroe's famous skirt blow scene.
- Cheetara from ThunderCats (2011) joined a Church Militant at a young age in order to follow her dreams of being a religious soldier among the Cat Empire. She doesn't exactly wear much underneath her traditional wardrobe and doesn't seem to mind undressing it before rushing into battle. She's also the show's resident Ms. Fanservice and the woman of Lion-O and Tygra's affection.
- In Real Life, nuns are actually more chaste than most people.
- The word "nunnery" was once a slang term for a brothel, hence the trope name Get Thee to a Nunnery.
- 17th Century adventurer, swords-woman, and opera singer Julie d'Aubigny once took another young woman as a lover, whose family put her away in a convent to keep her away from d'Aubigny and avoid a scandal. Not to be put off, d'Aubigny joined the convent to regain access to her paramour. The two girls put a dead nun (who died from unrelated causes) in the girl's bed and torched the place to cover their escape.
- Quote from Isaac Asimov's Book of Facts: "Venice in the eighteenth century ... Nuns wearing pearls and low-cut gowns fought among themselves for the honor of serving as mistress to a visiting papal nuncio."
- The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are a troupe of drag queens with a nun motif that has chapters all over the world. Their main purpose is to raise money for charity, mostly for the LGBT community and AIDS benefits, but they do Toys for Tots around the holiday season as well. They are a staple at gay pride events in bigger cities, and the shows they put on must be seen to be believed. "Camp drag" and "Genderfuck" are gross understatements.
- Behold the nuns of Sant'Ambrogio, who got into quite the lesbian sex scandal in 1859.