Solium Infernum is a turn-based strategy game created by Cryptic Comet. The players take the roles of demon lords of Hell (of varying ranks, determined by the player's build at the start of the game), who in Lucifer's absence, have decided to take it upon themselves to fill the Evil Power Vacuum.
This show provides examples of the following tropes:
- Always Chaotic Evil: It's set in Hell, after all.
- The Devil Is a Loser: When the forces of Heaven want to do something to the denizens of Hell — take back souls they have judged worthy, send an Angelic Host to wreak havoc, punish the demon lords for whatever — there's not a single thing the combined forces of Hell can do to stop them. In contrast, Hell's attempts to Rage Against the Heavens by sending demonic hordes are invariably doomed to failure.
- Evil Power Vacuum: The premise of the game.
- Evil vs. Evil: It depicts a war between Hell lords.
- Our Angels Are Different: Occasionally an Angelic Host will decide to crusade against Hell, and will wreak havoc on whichever unlucky players it crosses paths with.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Occasionally you will be asked to send forces to crusade against heaven. They rarely ever survive. The ones who do make it back ascend to badass level.
- The Starscream: The player characters. Especially ones with the Kingmaker and Power Behind the Throne traits.
- Villain Protagonist: You a Hell Lord. Anything to add?
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Games often end up this way.