A series of Vertical Scrolling Shooter games made by Compile. Most of the Aleste games received North American and/or European release but were renamed to hide the connection.
- Aleste (Sega Master System and MSX2, 1988; titled Power Strike outside Japan)
- Aleste 2 (MSX2, 1989)
- Aleste Gaiden (MSX2, 1989)
- Musha Aleste: Fullmetal Fighter Ellinor (Sega Genesis, 1990; released outside Japan as M.U.S.H.A.: Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor)
- GG Aleste (Game Gear, 1991)
- Super Aleste (SNES, 1992; released in North America as Space Megaforce)
- Dennin Aleste: Nobunaga and his Ninja Force (Sega CD, 1992; released outside Japan as Robo Aleste)
- Power Strike II (Sega Master System, 1993; released only in Europe and Australia; different game from below)
- GG Aleste II: Lance Bird (Game Gear, 1993; released in Europe as Power Strike II)
Tropes present in the series:
- Defeat Equals Explosion: As usual for the genre, defeated enemies immediately turn into neat fireballs.
- Flash of Pain: The protagonist's spacecraft often flashes white when hit.
- Spread Shot: Present from the original Aleste onwards, where some enemies fired a dozen-bullet spread that eventually reached both edges of the screen.