Character page for Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi.
The Tython System
Je'daii Temple Masters
A Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Akar Kesh, the Temple of Balance. He is considered the wisest and most powerful Je'daii in the Order.
A Human Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Anil Kesh, the Temple of Science. He is the Master of Shae Koda and former Master of Daegen Lok.
- Mad Scientist: A bit of one. During the Despot War he created various monsters to fight for the Je'daii against Queen Hadiya. One of these monsters was the Terenta, which was supposed to detect explosives but ended up liking to eat Force users.
A Twi'lek Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Kaleth, the Temple of Knowledge. She is the mother of Tasha Ryo and is the former wife of Baron Volnos Ryo, whom she divorced after he took over his family's crime organization following the Despot War.
- Ambiguously Brown: She has non-Caucasian facial features.
- Depending on the Artist: Since she's a Twi'lek from Shikaakwa, she should have white skin, though she's sometimes depicted with pink skin.
- Family of Choice: Kora considered herself to be Je'daii and not Shikaakwan.
- Good Parents: A female variant, she cared deeply for her daughter and want keep Tasha separate from the corrupt influence of her father.
A Sith Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Qigong Kesh, the Temple of Force Skills. She is the grandmother of Sek'nos Rath.
A Cathar Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Vur Telpe, the Temple of the Forge.
- Punny Name: His name sounds a lot like "the Mad Dog"
A Human Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Bodhi, the Temple of the Arts. He is also the sister of Rori Fenn.
A Wookiee Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Padawan Kesh, the Temple dedicated to training Je'daii Initiates.
Calleh and Naro
Two married Selketh Je'daii Masters who are the joint heads of Mahara Kesh, the Grand Temple of Healing.
A Talid Je'daii Master and Temple Master of Stav Kesh, the Temple of Martial Arts.
A Human Je'daii Master and veteran of the Despot War who was sentenced to Bogan after refusing to recount a vision of war coming to the Tython system after venturing into the Chasm with his friend Hawk Ryo.
- Affably Evil or Faux Affably Evil: He's a real charmer, but how genuine it is remains unclear.
- Ambiguously Evil: One of his goals is to convince the Je'daii Council that his Force vision of a coming invasion was real and that they were wrong in banishing him to Bogan. That said, he's also gone crazy and has fallen to the darkside.
- A Pupil of Mine, Until He Turned to Evil: He was Master Quan-Jang's most promising disciple.
- Beard of Evil: Initially very unkempt; after escaping Bogan he keeps the beard but grooms it better.
- Big Bad: In competition with Predor Skal'nas for the title.
- Blood Knight: He relishes in war and combat.
- Dueling Scar: His face have a scar over his right eye after Hadiya cut his face in the Despot War.
- Evil Former Friend: To Hawk Ryo
- Evil vs. Evil: He's not a nice guy by any stretch, but he intends to conquer the Tython system in order to oppose the Rakata.
- The Heavy: Skal'nas may be a bigger bad, but Daegan's gotten a lot more face time and is a much more direct concern for the protagonists.
- Jedi Mind Trick: A variant powerful known as the "Mind Twist" that could cause a victim to believe whatever Lok wanted.
- Mind Rape: His Force technique of choice is the "Mind Twist", planting illusions of him victims' worst fears into their minds and using them against them.
- One-Man Army: In the Despot War, he was able to defeat hordes of the best soldiers of Hadiya, leaving one alive on purpose as to tell of the tale.
- Sanity Slippage: While his Force vision was real, it still did a number on his sanity and sent him out of balance.
A retired Human Je'daii Master who led armies during the Despot War and trained Master Ketu. He now resides on a small island near the waterfalls of Akar Kesh.
A Zabrak Je'daii Master who worked as a scholar in Kaleth, the Temple of Knowledge.
A Noghri Je'Daii Master who trains Je'daii at Stav Kesh.
A Twi'lek Ranger who is a veteran of the Despot War and had been in a relationship with Rori Fenn. He was sent to Bogan with Daegan Lok after having a joint vision in the Chasm, and was allowed to return after renouncing Lok and his vision.
- Amicable Exes: With Rori Fenn.
- Badass Beard
- Instant Expert: Having learned to control and focus his anger on Bogan, Hawk is the only Je'daii out of a large group in managed to use a Force saber with ease the first time he wielded one.
- Tame His Anger: During his exile on Bogan, he mastered his negative emotions has allowed him to know when to shift his balance to either side of the Force to allow for greater results in certain situations.
A Human Ranger who was previously in a relationship with Hawk Ryo and has been formerly sent to Ashla for straying too close to the lightside.
Species: Human (Dathomirian)
A human of Dathmoiri descent. Her parents died during the Despot War, leaving her with much anger. She is training under Quan-Jang, the Temple Master of Anil Kesh.
- Action Girl
- The Beastmaster: Training to be one.
- Dual Wielding: Use two swords in the Rakatan war.
- Fluffy Tamer: Has a flying rancor named "Butch".
- Parental Abandonment: Both her parents died during the Despot War. Shae feels some anger towards them for leaving her an orphan.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Tasha's Girly Girl.
A boastful Sith Journeyer. His maternal grandmother Miarta Sek is Temple Master of Qigong Kesh, where his paternal grandfather Thok Rath also resides.
- The Big Guy
- The Casanova: Have a group of flirtatious Je'daii girls, who called him Seki.
- Fallen Hero: After suffering several great betrayals and torture during the Force Wars, give in completely to the dark side of the Force.
- Pride: He has a huge ego that leads him to overestimate his skills, although he does have a lot of talent.
- Shock and Awe: He's very good at using Force-lightning, even able to craft it into balls of lightning he can hurl at others. However, he's warned by his grandmother to be careful with this, since it draws only on the Dark Side.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He is only a Journeyer, but thinks of himself as one of the most skilled and talented Je'daii around.
- Uncertain Doom: We last see him carrying Trish of, after discharging his lightning. While the wiki claims he killed her and made of with her corpse, it's ambiguous in the actual comic if he listened to his master, and harmlessly discharged the lightning, or if he actually killed her.
- Walking Shirtless Scene:
A Twi'lek Jedi Journeyer who is the daughter of Temple Master Kora Ryo and Baron Volnos Ryo, the head of a crime family on Shikaakwa.
- Blind Seer: Become one when Xesh blinded Tasha with the power of the Dark Side meanwhile she the other seers had a vision of the Rakata attacking the Anil Kesh temple on Tython. Her sight is returned right at moment of his death.
- Heroes Fight Barehanded: Tasha prefers to use her Force skills rather than any weapons to defend herself.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrifices her life to activate the Tho Yor.
- I Am Not My Father: She does not want to be the heir of the Ryo Clan as her father wants.
- Mafia Princess: The daughter of a crime lord.
- Mind over Matter: She doesn't use a sword in battle like other Je'daii, instead relying on telekinesis to toss her enimies around until they submit.
- Blue and Orange Morality: The only morality he ever learned was the Rakata's survival-of-the-fittest dogma. As such, while he's not particularly malevolent when left to his own devices, he can be frighteningly ruthless and callous.
- Darth Vader Clone: A Force-sensitive enforcer serving a genocidal empire, wearing a face-concealing mask and armor.
- The Dog Bites Back: He kills his master Tul'kar to escape the destrucion of the Devastator.
- The Dragon: He's Tul'kar most powerful enforcer and his Force Hound. Later, after being sent to Bogan, he briefly serves as one to Daegan Lok.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Xesh fully expects the Je'daii to abandon each other to save their own skins. When the Je'daii do the exact opposite he's completely taken aback. It's less that he can't comprehend good and more that he'd never even been aware that "good" was a thing.
- Freudian Excuse: He was pretty much raised in a hellish environment and groomed to be a Super Soldier. As DH's SW editor said, that'd mess anybody up.
- Manchurian Agent: Skal'nas made him into his spy and placed mental blocks so he doesn't remember.
A Force Hound.
- Ambiguous Species: She may be Arkanian, but they generally have humanoid skin colors. There is an offshoot species with white skin, but they generally have normal eyes, and wouldn't exist for millennia.
- Dark Action Girl: She's absolutely deadly.
- The Dragon: To Skal'nas.
- Evil Albino: Has the look, but since she appears to be Arkanian it's likely just what her species looks like.
- Evil Counterpart: Well, evil-er counterpart to the morally ambiguous Xesh.
- Freudian Excuse: She's got one on top of the usual Force Hound stuff. Trill and Xesh were kids together, and he was more or less her Morality Pet. When he grew up to be more powerful than her and betrayed her, though it involved sparing her life instead of giving her a Mercy Kill, it catalyzed both her extreme ruthlessness in general and her hatred of Xesh in particular.
- Honey Trap: As part of her cover she seduces Sek'nos.
- Manipulative Bastard: Convinces Sek'nos rather easily that she's on his side (though admittedly, this is Sek'nos; he'd likely have bought any story so long as a pretty girl who might be attracted to him was telling).
- The Mole: She infiltrates the Je'daii by hiding her presence in the Force and taking advantage that Xesh doesn't remember her.
- Tyke Bomb: Just like Xesh, she was raised to kill.
- You Are Number 6: "Trill" is a letter of the Aurebesh alphabet.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Effortlessly broke up a fight between Xesh and Trill; judging by the Rakata-eat-Rakata nature of the Infinite Empire, he'd have to be extremely powerful to get to his high rank.
- Bad Boss: Threatens to eat Trill at one point if she fails him again.
- Big Bad: The biggest bad in the comic so far, though he's only had a handful of scenes.
- Evil Overlord: The most powerful Rakatan leader to appear in the series so far and seemingly a law unto himself.
- I'm a Humanitarian: And he's not picky about species, either.
- Orcus on His Throne: Unlike Tul'kar, he doesn't seem to get out that much; not counting flashbacks, he's never left his command chamber.
Baron Volnos "Ox" Ryo
- Galactic Conqueror: She sought to conquer the entire Tython system
- God Save Us from the Queen!: The despotic Queen of Shikaakwa bent on multi-planetary conquest
- Posthumous Character: She has been dead for several years in the present, her appearances are in flahsbacks.
- The Syndicate: She began her campaign by uniting the crime bosses of her planet.