Characters related to the main cast of Academy of Merlin
End's older sister. Sadly passed.
- Big Sister Instinct: Very protective of her little brother.
- Death by Origin Story: A lot of what makes End End was gained because of Hestia's death.
- Hidden Weapons: She may have gotten into a few knife fights and she may have hidden her knife so End didn't find out about it.
- Posthumous Character: All of what Hestia is lies in End's backstory. Her personality and her development all canonically take place before the story started.
- Promotion to Parent: Had to take care of herself and End without their parents. Hey, she did an okayjob, even though it eventually got her killed.
A dwarf that was good friends with End a hundred years ago. Gave her life to save his body, though not exactly willingly.
- Death by Origin Story: Killed by Faust so he could distill the Sol from her body.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Died to save End, and by extension, Faust.
An elf that enjoys being a pirate. Her current state is unknown. She could be alive or dead.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost an arm via fade.
A descendant of the original Faust, currently dealing with the worst house guest ever. Seriously, Georgia, make the kid pay rent.
- Muggle: A muggle that lacks Sight, as well.
The exact kind of sleazy guy you don't want to meet. Previously in a relationship with End.
- Back from the Dead: Sort of. Faust hid a Reflection of himself in a mirror and it was reawakened by End after about a hundred years. Now he lives with Georgia and shows no sign of leaving.
- Bastard Boyfriend: End does not have many fond memories from his time with Faust.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Well, End didn't know Faust was a completely awful person at first. No one did.
- Brought Down to Normal: His Reflected self lacks magic.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: His Reflection has no idea how the modern world works, but he's learning. Slowly. Reilas' drabble and headcanons illustrate how hilariously beautiful this is.
- Jerkass: Quite possibly the jerkiest. What else do you call a guy that decides what people are within the first three seconds of meeting them?
- Magic Mirror: Faust, thinking forward, made a replica of himself (sans magical ability) and placed it within a standing mirror. This is called a Reflection.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Hasn't bothered leaving Georgia's place. Georgia's given up on trying to make him.
- Like Parent, Like Child: Icarus inherited his excellent memory from her.
Icarus's father. A dick.
Icarus's half brother. Doubles as Ari's torturer.
- Berserk Button: Point out how he's helpless to keep Perdix from killing his brother and see how long you don't bleed.
- Big Brother Is Watching: Seriously, so far the player's only revealed two ways Iapyx is tracking his brother. There's almost definitely more.
- Blow You Away: He's a windwielder.
- Brainwashing for the Greater Good: His head's been completely wiped by Sandrea.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He really does not like people getting close to his brother - boys in particular.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Pretty much flattens Ian, Gil and Cas while Icarus watches, terrified.
- Does Not Like Men: To be more accurate, he doesn't like men going near his precious little brother.
- Life Drain: As a highly-skilled healer, Iapyx can suck the energy from one's body. He does it to Cas when Cas tries to attack him.
- Lightning Bruiser: Has fast reactions, and he hits hard. As Ian found out firsthand.
- Magic Plastic Surgery: Daedalus had his face reconstructed to better resemble his brother.
- Meaningful Name: Iapyx in Greek mythology was a son of Daedalus and brother of Icarus, who requested to have healing magic from Apollo.
- Stepford Smiler: Slams Ian against a wall, punches him in the stomach hard enough to make Ian later vomit, and mentions gouging someone's (read: Ari's) eye out with a pencil recently. All while smiling.
- Surgical Impersonation: To be exact, he's surgically impersonating Icarus. Sort of. He's a more symmetrical version of Icarus, anyways.
- Torture Technician: Very experienced with torture, having gone through quite a bit of it himself.
- Yandere: In a big way. He may act cheerful, but even then Iapyx gives off the air of being much more terrifying than he is on the surface. Or at least, he used to.
- Child Prodigy: While he was alive, he had a hand for inventing/magical engineering. Would have made a name for himself if it wasn't for the fact he was kind of murdered.
- Dead to Begin With: Originally he was a shade in Icarus's shadow, having been murdered by Iapyx (who was ordered to by Daedalus) several years ago.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Pink was his favorite color.
Icarus's adoptive mother and aunt. Perdix was her son.
- Cute Bookworm: Said to be well known in the literature community, and if a reference of her still existed somewhere it would be seen that she is indeed cute.
- Nephewism: Icarus is actually her nephew. She doesn't know Icarus knows this, though.
A friend Icarus made in Chicago.
- All Love Is Unrequited: When it comes to Icarus, anyway. Samos was hoping to date Icarus but it didn't really happen.
- Attention Whore: Loves when people shower him in attention.
- It's All About Me: Actually very vain and self-centered. He's pretty good at hiding it, though.
- Straight Gay: Not campy in any way.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Though it's probably dyed, he has blue dreadlocks.
Another friend Icarus made in Chicago. Icarus actually tries to keep in touch with her.
- The Ghost: Has never actually shown up in the roleplay, though Icarus has talked about her with some fondness.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
Muna's father and a member of the Secret Organization. A bit useless.
- 100% Adoration Rating: To Zoya. He always looks to his wife like she's the most beautiful woman on the planet. And to him, she probably is.
- Action Dad: It's easy to forget, but Barad is also part of the Secret Organization.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Capable of embarrassing his son very easily, and does it regularly, when he's around.
- Heroism Won't Pay the Bills: Since his job is with the Secret Organization, which is notorious for not actually paying their agents, Barad doesn't exactly bring home much money.
Muna's mother and an important person in the Amirmoez family. She was supposed to marry someone upper-class, but chose Barad instead.
- For Want of a Nail: If she hadn't bought Shashi, Shashi would have probably been destroyed.
- Like Parent, Like Child: Muna got his manipulative abilities from somewhere, and it sure wasn't Barad.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Wears black tights underneath her skirt.
- Rapunzel Hair: Keeps it in a braid.
- Uptown Girl: Was this to Barad, and ended up choosing him instead of another upper-class elf.
Muna's cousin. Twins with Pari.
- The Ace: Ara excels at everything she does, because she has to.
- Asexuality: Something she didn't realize for a long time, until Shanta suggested it as a possibility.
- Important Haircut: Sliced off all her hair herself after rescuing her twin.
- Master of Illusion: She can conjure powerful illusions now.
- Mysterious Mist: A mistwielder.
- Not So Stoic: While she tries to come off as very formal, Ara sometimes lets her emotions get the best of her. The best example is when Shanta purposely did things to annoy her during the illusion show and her illusion magic came out in stronger bursts than usual.
- The Resenter: Resents Darius for being born younger, yet he's the one that's going to rule the family when he's older.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Where Ara is uptight, Pari is loose.
- The Stoic: Does her best to keep a stiff, formal air.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Most of her accomplishments are an effort to please her elder family members.
Muna's cousin and Hari's fiance. Twins with Ara.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Her fiance is the most commonblooded elf in another village - something her family isn't exactly happy about.
- Genki Girl: Generally very cheerful.
- Master of Illusion: Like her sister, she's skilled in illusion magic.
- Mysterious Mist: A mistwielder.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches all the way down her back.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Where Pari is loose, Ara is uptight. The two still get along fine, though.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She was attracted to Hari in the first place because he was kind to her, and didn't seem to care too much that she was a different caste entirely.
- What Does She See in Him?: Nobody is really quite sure what Pari sees in Hari. Nobody really approves of their marriage either.
Muna's cousin and heir to the tribe.
- Royal Blood: The next in line to be the leader of Muna's old tribe.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Dresses very formally, befitting his heir status.
Muna's fairy companion for eight years. Connected to his curse, and eventually the spiritual lock.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Having your best friend's corpse brought to you by an eight-year-old boy definitely isn't the most fun thing in the world.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Broken with little warning.
- Exposition Fairy: Quite literally. Muna can't speak, so Bijan translates for him. He also explains a lot to Shanta, End and Nina while Muna's asleep.
- Funny Animal Anatomy: Bijan drinks liquids using a proboscis, with scales and dragonlike feet... safe to say at best he looks humanoid.
- A Good Way to Die: Totally fine with being killed if it means Muna's curse is broken.
- Meaningful Name: Bijan means "hero."
- Papa Wolf: Very protective of Muna, for his own reasons.
- The Resenter: Hated Darius for killing Parnia. Unfortunately, this bled into Muna and led to some tension between him and his cousin.
- Spark Fairy: Resembles a ball of light with wings.
- Winged Humanoid: More like humanoid lizard with wings, but close enough.
The leader of the trio of thieves Muna encountered and befriended.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: After being locked up for eight years, he's a bit out of the loop on things. Like how fast the internet is now.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Okay with fighting, not okay with killing. Ever. He even showed Muna a scimitar technique that's designed to not kill the opponent.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Followed Muna into the borders of his Hidden Elf Village. This directly led to Firuz's confinement, Muna being cursed, and eight very long years for several people.
The elf of the trio of thieves. Incredibly nervous all the time.
- Nervous Wreck: The most nervous and easily startled of the three.
A blind dwarf in the trio of thieves.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: More like dark-skinned gingerhead, but close enough.
See the town residents page.
Naomi's "caretaker" growing up. Currently trying to track down Naomi and assassinate her on her father's orders.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: A pleasant, warm woman at first, she easily proves herself to be anything but if left alone with Naomi for any length of time.
- Manipulative Bitch: Exactly what has Naomi so terrified of her in the first place. Cati, during Naomi's childhood, mentally and emotionally abused her again and again to the point that she is probably solely responsible for most of Naomi's crippling mental issues. That is not to say she isn't an exceedingly powerful magick, but her main strength lies in how she can find people's weaknesses and exploit them like nothing else.
Shanta's mother and an excellent chemist. They haven't been face to face with each other in years.
- Abusive Parents: Physically and emotionally abusive to her daughter, to the point that Shanta refuses to go anywhere near her.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: She used to have this sort of relationship with Hari, but now that he's about to be married into nobility she needs a new assistant.
- My Beloved Smother: Any time Shanta comes home, Daeva tries to remold her into what she wants. It's the primary reason Shanta hasn't been home in a while. And, of course, babied her a bit from childhood due to her disability.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes all the way down her back, which she keeps in a braid.
Shanta's father and adviser to the chief.
- Martial Pacifist: Taught Shanta how to fight with a sword, though he would much rather talk things out.
- Open-Minded Parent: He's perfectly fine with whatever path Shanta wants to take with her life, as long as she's happy.
Shanta's flying carpet.
- Animate Inanimate Object: A Magic Carpet that Shanta originally used to get around.
- Back from the Dead: In a sense - when they Broke, they were "dead" for a while until Daksha managed to piece them back together.
- Death Is Cheap: If Shashi Breaks, all that's needed is a magic carpet maker to put them back together.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrificed themselves to keep Shanta from getting Broken.
- Third-Person Person: In their human form they talk like this.
- True Companions: With Shanta. The two are practically inseparable. Which makes it all the worse when Shashi is tied up and locked in a shed.
Shanta's best friend, who sort of screwed her over.
- The Chief's Daughter: Daughter of the chief of Shanta's village.
- Death by Origin Story: According to Shanta, after throwing Shanta to the traders, Tara was banished into the desert, where nobody survives on their own for very long.
- Important Haircut: Slashed her own hair in an act of rebellion.
- Secret Relationship: Used to be in one with Hari, but after it got out she broke up with him.
Shanta's other close friend and Pari's fiance.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Doesn't realize that he attracts a lot of girls. At all.
- Extreme Doormat: Will probably do whatever you tell him to, especially if you're higher than he is in the caste system.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: Used to have this relationship with Daeva, but now that he's marrying Pari he's resigned from his position as her assistant.
- Mysterious Mist: A mistwielder.
- Non-Action Guy: Really, really doesn't like fighting.
- Secret Relationship: Used to be in one with Tara, but after it got out she broke up with him. He forgave her, though.
Shanta's fiance, who is, unfortunately, deceased.
- Character Death: Murdered by Vivian.
- Fearless Fool: Seriously, who the fuck flies in on a carpet when a giant angry dragon is in plain sight..? Apparently Daksha.
- For Want of a Nail: Had Zoya not bought them off Priya, Shashi would probably be destroyed since Shanta wouldn't have been able to use Loophole Abuse otherwise.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: He was dead in an instant, Broken by Vivian.
- Taking the Bullet: Leapt into the line of fire before Vivian could Break Shashi again.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He thought he was doing the right thing when he told Shanta's parents about Shashi Breaking, but Shanta didn't think so.
Daksha's sister and the daughter of the carpet merchant that sold Shashi.
- Cynicism Catalyst: She actually seemed pretty alright at first, and then Shanta dumped her brother's body in front of her and she... well, changed.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Has done this in terms of her father the carpet merchant - Priya travels around the Middle East to sell his wares.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Dresses mostly in purple and gold, and wears purple eyeshadow.
- Hollywood Acid: An acidwielder.
- It's Personal: Took Daksha's death very badly, and she won't stop until Shanta gets hers.
- Lipstick Lesbian: The only person she's shown vague romantic interest in was Shanta, but that was a very long time ago.
- Revenge: Her primary motivator. Seeking it against Shanta for Daksha's death. Oh howdy boy did she get it.