Final Fantasy Brigade is a cellphone game in the skin scorchingly popular Final Fantasy juggernaut. It was released in January of 2012 for Mobage phones and had a North American release under the name Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade.
The world used to be protected by two crystals. However, an invasion by monsters shattered one, and the other has somehow lost its light. The player must seek out the ancient espers and show them their power in order to return light to the crystal and save the world.
The gameplay is similar to early titles in the series, but it has the added twist of being a social game. The titular "brigade" refers to a brigade of airships, one airship belonging to each player and a brigade made up of a group of friends. Taking quests and earning experience allows you to level up your brigade.
As of July 25, no more events are scheduled. The game remains up, however.
This game provides examples of:
- The Cameo: At least one character from every main series game appears as a Legend who you can summon to preform their one of Signature Moves. This isn't even getting into the boss cameo's and NPC's
- Final Fantasy I: The Warrior of Light, Garland and Princess Sarah
- Final Fantasy II: Firion, Maria, Leon
- Final Fantasy III: The Onion Knight, Luneth, Arc, Refia,Ingus and The Cloud of Darkness
- Final Fantasy IV: Cecil Harvey, Rosa Farell, Rydia, Palom, Porom and Kain Highwind
- Final Fantasy V: Bartz Klauser, Lenna Charlotte Tycoon, Faris Scherwiz, Krile Mayer Baldesion, Galuf Halm Baldesion,Gilgamesh and Exdeath
- Final Fantasy VI: Terra Brandford, Locke Cole, Sabin Figaro, Setzer Gabbiani and Kefka Palazzo
- Final Fantasy VII: Cloud Strife, Aerith Gainsborough, Tifa Lockhart, Barret Wallace, Red XIII, Cid Highwind, CaitSith, Cid Highwind, Yuffie Kisaragi, Vincent Valentine, Reno, Rude, Rufus Shinra and Sephiroth
- Final Fantasy VIII: Squall Leonhart, Rinoa Heartilly, Selphie Tilmitt, Seifer Almasy and Ultimecia
- Final Fantasy IX: Zidane Tribal, Garnet Til Alexandros XVII, Vivi Ornitier and Eiko Carol
- Final Fantasy X: Tidus Yuna, Auron, Lulu and Jecht
- Final Fantasy XI: Shantotto, Prishe, Ayame, Curilla V Mercu, Shadow Lord and Eald'narche
- Final Fantasy XII: Vaan, Ashelia "Ashe" B'nargan Dalmasca and Balthier
- Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning
- Final Fantasy Type-0: Ace
- Final Fantasy Tactics: Ramza Beoulve, Delita Heiral, Agrias Oaks, Goffard Gafgarion and Alma Beoulve
- Class and Level System: With all of the traditional Final Fantasy jobs. Including... Monk, Black Mage, Paladin, Red Mage, Thief, White Mage, Ninja, Samurai, Geomancer, Dragoon, Warrior, Hunter, Dark Knight, Mystic Knight, Gambler, Blacksmith, Juggler, Blue Mage, Viking, Dancer, Orator, Machinist, Necromancer, Rune Knight, Black Belt, Sword Saint and Assassin
- Global Airship
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: The player can choose a male or female character, but there's no difference stat-wise.