Stock Phrase spoken by someone who thought they were out of practice at something, but when doing it again for the first time in a while, find out that they are in fact still good at it. Occasionally subverted, when it first seems that the character has succeeded, but has in fact failed.
- The Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam and Mobile Suit Victory Gundam manga reveal that Grey Stoke, an old Jovian captain along with his rickety mobile suit, the Gump still have quite a bit of asskicking in them. Which isn't surprising since Grey Stoke is an aged Judau Ashta, the Gump being what the ZZ Gundam ultimately became.
- Ranma ½: When Shampoo starts telling Ranma that she hates him and acting like he's the very scum of the earth, he wonders if "he's lost his power over women." However, after Ukyo tells him that she loves him, his typical, cocky attitude returns and he says:
Ranma: I've got it. I've still got it! The heat is on, Shampoo! I'll make you say you love me!
Akane & Mousse: That... Casanova.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
[A batarang flies across the length of the Batcave, neatly decapitates a mannequin of Two-Face, and returns to Bruce's hand]
Bruce Wayne: Still got it.
Lightning McQueen: Doc, hold it! Seriously, your driving's incredible!
Doc Hudson: Wonderful. Now go away.
Lightning McQueen: Hey, I mean it. You've still got it!
- In Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the mayor says "He's still got it, folks," as Brent strips off his tracksuit in one deft motion to reveal his Baby Brent get-up beneath.
Zini: "Girls, I'm known as the 'professor of love' and school's in session." Yeah, I still got it.
Master Splinter: We must do this more often, Ee-yah! [kicks demon back into vortex] I still got it!
- Dracula: Dead and Loving It has Van Helsing saying this after successfully making ten out of ten med students pass out during an autopsy.
- The mother in Spy Kids, after successfully using the laser in her wedding ring to cut through the ropes tying her to a chair.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Betty Boop: Work's been kinda slow since cartoons went to color. But I still got it, Eddie! "Boop-boop-be-doop-*boop*!"
Eddie Valiant: Yeah. You still got it.
- Barrin utters this in one of the Magic: The Gathering novels after safely scouring a Phyrexian plague ship.
- Liz on 30 Rock wants to drive a tenant out of an apartment she wants, so she enlists Jenna who has a history of driving guys way by being a total Drama Queen. Jenna says "I'm going to teach you how to be a drama queen. And if I fail, I'm gonna take a bunch of pills and it's gonna be your fault! Still got it."
- Arrested Development episode "Spring Breakout":
[Re: Their mother's attractiveness]
Buster: Mom's still got it!
- Bones episode "The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken":
Dr. Brennan: You noticed something. See? You still got it.
- The Brendan Leonard Show
Brendan Leonard: [getting sprayed with water playing croquet] In the face of adversity, I still got it.
- Doctor Who: From "New Earth":
Cassandra (in Rose's body): Mmm, aren't you just? [kisses the Doctor playfully, breathing somewhat heavily] T-ter-terminal's this way. [walks away, fanning her face as if warm]
The Doctor (recently regenerated, as in two episodes back): [looks at her, disoriented; finally, in squeaky voice] Yep. Still got it.
- After a while, this became the Catch-Phrase of Ralph Malph on Happy Days, usually said after telling one of his jokes.
Ralph: You know, I just came back from Africa. I played cards with the natives.
Ralph: No! I won!note [laughs] I still got it!
- In Power Rangers Dino Thunder, Tommy Oliver returns to the fight after several years of retirement and notes, "I may be old, but I can still pull it off."
- How I Met Your Mother
Robin: (on her ability to attract men) I! Still! Got! It!
- Star Trek: Voyager episode "Live Fast and Prosper"
Neelix: [to Paris after they pull off a magic trick] We've still got it!
- Doonesbury: As Zonker shows him his new crop of weed (grown in prevision of Proposition 19 being passed in California), Zipper comments "You've still got it!"
- WrestleMania VII
- It is universally agreed upon that even after Shawn Michaels was out of the ring for four years, he never lost his touch. Shawn dominated nearly two decades of Match of the Year up until his retirement.
- Another pro wrestling example: Fans will often show their appreciation for older veteran wrestlers that can still perform well in the ring by chanting "You still got it." Sting, being a big fan favorite from the old NWA and WCW days, gets this all the time in TNA.
- Chris Jericho got this chant at Royal Rumble 2013. His response? "I never lost it, baby!"
- In his 2013+ WWE run, Goldust, in teaming with his brother, put in arguably some of the best work of his career, easily eclipsing the later years of his previous WWE run.
- An example that concerned no one but Lenny Leonard, but Matt Sydal showed him that he in fact was not not "Out Of Gas" after recovering from a broken and dislocated foot at EVOLVE 31 by beating Johnny Gargano.
- Stephanie McMahon, despite being one of the most hated heels of all time, got cheers and a "You still got it!" chant when she wrestled her first match in over ten years at SummerSlam 2014.
- In the lead-up to episode 1000 of WWE Raw, career Jobber Heath Slater was put into a series of matches against old legends of the WWE, who would promptly squash him to show that they still had it.note Slater sells really, really well so he was able to make his opponents look really good, but none looked so great as Big Van Vader who, at 57 years old, looked like he hadn't lost a step and had the crowd roaring as he delivered the Vader Bomb.
- Here's a clip of legendary retired boxer Roberto Duran sparring with current contender Sergio Mora in May of 2016. Duran (who reached the height of his career in the 70s and the 80s, is 64 years old, and partially disabled after a car crash in the early 2000s) needs only about a minute before he begins finding the openings in Mora's defense and dodges Mora's attempts to retaliate, while an increasingly incredulous crowd watches. At the end Mora himself takes a moment to step in front of the camera and confirm for everyone watching that, yes, Duran's still got it.
- Grim Fandango has Manny say this near the endgame, after Manny (a travel agent of the undead by trade) convinces Celso and his wife to accept Hector's offer for a Number 9 train ticket by recounting his perilous adventures through the Land of the Dead.
- Knights of the Old Republic: One line Jolee Bindo's battle speech is "Still got it."
- Mr. Krabs says this after successfully asking Mrs. Puff out on a date in Spongebob Squarepants.
- This is actually an inversion of the subversion, since his invitation was a series of disconnected nervous babblings that Spongebob had to work to interpret, which under normal circumstances would warrant a macing and calling the police. Apparently this works for her.
- Subverted in the season five episode of The Simpsons "Marge on the Lam," Homer is negotiating compensation for babysitting Bart and Lisa with Lionel Hutz. Hutz offers $175 dollars an hour. Homer offers $8.00 for the night and two Popsicles out of the freezer. Hutz wants three, but Homer doesn't budge. Hutz then settles on two Popsicles and a bent-up birdcage he found. After Homer agrees, Hutz mutters, "Still got it!" Never mind that he basically agreed to all of Homer's terms and only managed to convince Homer to give up something he didn't even have any use for.
- "Sorry, Donkey Kong. You're just not a draw anymore." (hit by thrown barrel) "Hey, he's still got it!"
- In one episode, a convertible full of young women stops next to Homer at a light and recognizes him from a viral video of him on-stage with an exotic dancer. Of course, he still doesn't know this tape even exists (this was well before the advent of YouTube), so when they call out to him, stand up and start dancing...
- "Dr Z" in The Venture Bros. says this after entertaining children with his villainous tirades. "You never lose it."
- Parodied in Clone High: Joan's blind foster father, Toots, offhandedly tosses a basketball into the hoop and grins, "Still got it." Then he walks into a post.
David Xanatos: And the most important thing: I was a little worried that I might be getting soft. But I was able to stand up against Goliath, the greatest warrior alive. I'd say I've still got the edge.
- Transformers Prime: Agent Fowler, after winning an aerial dogfight with a Decepticon (with a little help from Bumblebee).
- This is Mallory Archer's self-assessment after she looks in a mirror while doing a Sexy Coat Flash to herself... granted, she was talking about this and duping her employees into covering up her murder of the Italian Prime Minister, but it still applies.