The Beginning After The End is an epic fantasy starting from the rebirth of a king into a new life of magic and twisted fate, written by TurtleMe. King Grey has unrivaled strength, wealth, and prestige in a world governed through martial ability. However, solitude lingers closely behind those with great power. Beneath the glamorous exterior of a powerful king lurks the shell of a man, devoid of purpose and will. Reincarnated into a new world filled with magic and monsters, the king has a second chance to relive his life. Correcting the mistakes of his past will not be his only challenge, however. Underneath the peace and prosperity of the new world is an undercurrent threatening to destroy everything he has worked for, questioning his role and reason for being born again.Volumes with Publication Dates
- Early Years, January 24, 2016
- New Heights, January 24, 2016
- Beckoning Fates, April 2, 2016
- Horizon's Edge, October 30, 2016
- Convergence, September 2, 2017
- Transcendence, June 5, 2019
- Divergence, February 15, 2020
It can be found here. The novel has also been adapted into a web comic series, illustrated by Fuyuki23.
- Familiar: Most mages bond with monsters called mana beasts.
- Mage Born of Muggles: What Lilia's parents are hoping will happen with her, as they want her to become a mage to attend a very high ranking school. Art is able to make her a mage with the techniques he used to become one at the age of three..
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: A beast tamer is a mage who has absorbed the "will" of a mana beast. This allows the mage to take on the inherent powers and traits of said beast.
- Reincarnation: Arthur was a king in his past life in a futuristic world, he incarnated into a medieval fantasy world after dying mysteriously in his bed.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Arthur develops this kind of dynamic with Elijah Knight, a teenager raised by Dwarves in the Kingdom of Darv. Arthur is a smooth talker, hyper confident and occasionally aggressive, while Elijah is more meek, clumsy, and easily embarrassed.
- Stock Light-Novel Hero: Arthur was a king who died and got reincarnated in another world that was magical. He discovers the elemental Ki techniques practiced in his past life are similar to the Mana in the new world, except they can be manifested physically due to the surrounding ambient mana in this world. This allowed him to utilize his Ki knowledge to awaken his Mana core in the age of three, and make full use of his decades of sword fighting experience and ki arts trainings in this new life. He's also given a dragon beast will, along with a dragon bond early on, which makes him even closer to an Invincible Hero.
- Tears of Joy: This happens a lot in this series:
- When Art is able to talk to his parents for the first time since they assumed he died.
- When Art shows Lilia a way to become a Mage.
- When Twin Horn meets Art after they believed he was dead.
- Younger Than They Look: You would think Art, Tess and the students around them were in their mid to late teens, but most are only 12.