But the Republic, slowly turning to a darker path as the Clone Wars escalate, is prepared to launch a full scale orbital attack on the production facilities if the Jedi fail, disregarding the countless lives that would be lost were such a strategy enacted. Facing a crisis of conscience, the two Jedi must find the wisdom and strength to prevent such a bloodbath and safe-guard the Republic, while abiding by the ancient code to which both have pledged their lives.
- Ambiguous Syntax: When the heads of the five families die in a bombing its mentioned that Debbikin is among the fatalities but is vague as to whether that means Debbikin the Elder -patriarch of the family- or Debbikin the Younger, the most involved in the companys runnings.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Ambassador Snoils species are unable to mate while they have an obligation from someone else that could be called upon. Therefore Snoil is eager to repay a debt that he owes Obi-Wan for saving his life.
- Defeat Means Respect: When Nate and a fellow clone discuss the skills of the Jedi, they simultaneously state They beat Jango. Viewing the fate of their genetic template/trainer as significant.
- Good Stepmother: Sheeka to the children of her late husband, saying she married him partially to be with them.
- Ignored Epiphany:
- Insane Admiral: Maybe not insane, but Admiral Baker is quite immoral and obsessed with glory, while disdain gin the clones and tossing them into the meat grinder.
- Klingon Promotion: Trillot killed his way to the top of the local underworld.
- Loophole Abuse: Its illegal for Cestus Cybernetics to sell Battle droids to the Confederacy, but they can sell security droids to individual planets inside the Confederacy.
- Martial PacifistThe J-K droids go insane if they ever kill anyone.
- Military Brat: Admiral Bakar comes from a dozen generations of soldiers.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The JK-Droids, given that JK stands for Jedi Killer.
- Old Flame: Complicated with Sheeka, an old flame of Jango Fett who falls in love with the clone Nate.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Sheeka is pregnant with Nates baby when he dies.
- Training from Hell: Baraka puts the clones through dangerous, live fire training which kills lots of them and refuses to let them stop early.