series written by Alvin Atwater. College student Clyde is abducted by a god-like entity and brought to Satovia, a world literally based on anime, right down to everything being animated. Clyde is forced to participate in a cosmic death game in which he, the "Stone" has to fight a person known only as the "Viper." Before he can face the Viper, Clyde has to get stronger while also trying to avoid the many anime tropes that are thrown at him.
This series provides examples of;
- Action Girl: Most of the women Clyde meets in Satovia, especially his harem.
- Affectionate Parody: Of anime.
- Cliché Storm: Clyde is constantly assaulted by every trope and cliche in anime.
- Genre Savvy: Clyde is very knowledgeable about anime and tries to use said knowledge to avoid tropes with differing rates of success.
- Jerkass Gods: Most gods are amoral assholes who do whatever the hell they want and don't give a shit about the lives they ruin.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Mortem, the dick-head who not only kidnapped Clyde, but threatened to murder his family and destroy Earth, finally gets his comeuppance in book 3. He attacks Clyde, who recently acquired his own God Mode. The latter then proceeds to Curb Stomp the evil little shit.
- Only One Name: Most of the characters' surnames haven't been revealed.
- Universal System: All "gifted" (humans with supernatural powers) have a system that gives them notifications concerning their stats, skills, level, relationships, and enemies.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Satovia, being an anime world, naturally has people with weird hair colors.